YesNoOk

Original Creations board (Read 5136 times)

Started by shinsou, March 18, 2008, 05:36:57 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Original Creations board
#21  March 19, 2008, 07:28:36 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
there would be heavy reporting from people saying "you cant say thet here"

Mugen Policies Thread said:
if you're just here to enjoy people's releases and MUGEN itself, feel free to say "Thanks!" and "Awesome release!" to your heart's content.
#22  March 19, 2008, 09:34:51 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Laxxe: It's hard to picture someone other than yourself reporting a "nice char, gj" post. :P
Plus, like Jango kinda said, the point of splitting the two kinds of releases isn't filtering only useful feedback for "creator releases", but rather stopping nice car posts on "news report" threads from throwing useful topics to the second page.

And I like the idea myself, the way K.O.D. put it.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#23  March 19, 2008, 10:17:15 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I approve Kod idea.
#24  March 20, 2008, 01:35:35 am
  • Arbiter of Novel Trivia
    • USA
while its a good Idea I doubt if it will actually work as planned. I guess you could always try it out.
#25  March 20, 2008, 10:17:37 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Well, there aren't hundreads of news reporters anyway : Mugen Benoit, Tetsuo9999/Rice, and very few others, so I guess it shouldn't be hard for them to learn quickly how to post in the appropriate section.
#26  March 20, 2008, 11:36:59 pm
  • What are you looking at?!
    • devilmanozzy.deviantart.com/
I love the idea.  ;D
#27  March 22, 2008, 06:59:20 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Is it going to be done finally or not?

Since i've gotten my own release overshadowed by 7 report threads is perfect proof :P

Incase anyone didn't notice,when i first posted this post there were only 3 report threads.
Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 07:20:33 pm by K.O.D
#28  March 24, 2008, 11:26:03 am
    • France
So, M. Admins ? Will you adopt this solution to avoid cluttering the release bord with "somehow useless topic" or not ?
#29  March 24, 2008, 11:56:50 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Yep. Everybody likes it and Titiln already said yes.

I would have changed the boards already but didn't have time to consider whether to drop the current EDITS section.

1) Your Releases > Found Releases

2) Your Releases > Found Releases | Edits etc (both self-posted and announced)

Leaning towards option 2 and keeping the Edits section. k?
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#30  March 24, 2008, 11:59:06 am
    • France
Okay for me.
#31  March 24, 2008, 03:37:27 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Like that? Names and descriptions can be changed if something better comes along.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
#32  March 24, 2008, 03:40:48 pm
    • France
Yeah, I guess that's what people wanted. Now, you can basically move almost every topic made by 9999 and Mugen Benoit to that section. ^_^ (Good luck)
#33  March 25, 2008, 07:11:52 am
  • "Wether I am or not, they will know suffering"
Sounds good to me.
Letting apart to what are the specs of an original character, i can add that the section should contain some kind of: shinny-like list of the reported original WIPs or whatever, making some arrangements of course, a database, huh? and about those filters of popularity, status of development, etc. A place maybe where people  can sign a form and send it to the server and its auto listed.

But i doubt they'd want to make some sort of this on the boards, i could hardly think that stuff being in here.
#34  March 25, 2008, 10:02:48 am
Hrm, I kind of think that the subforum unfairly seperates everything. I'm certainly in favor of a topic filter for those who want it, but right now the main release board is obviously getting precedence. Perhaps sticking the main release board into a third subforum (called your own releases or something) would even things out. No forum below the subforum links, just the 3 links seperating everything into different catagorys for your viewing pleasure.
#35  March 25, 2008, 10:35:47 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Mh, the precedence is wanted if you post about your own release. In the same way that full releases tended to get buried under modifications, releases by users (see KOD's example in this topic) tended to vanish quickly under releases from outside the known galaxy (err...).

Of course nobody wants to miss when GM releases Ibuki and the majority wants to hear about it when warusaki updates something (the rest can groan "not again!" XD) and it's always an event and great that there's always somebody who goes out of his way to inform the rest who might not have heard the news already.

Nevertheless, I don't wouldn't say it's unfair to put releases by members first. If you bother to be around for your own releases (even if you don't announce it yourself, like in DRACUL's example here [somebody else announced it but DRACUL shows presence]), isn't it only fair that you get a little more attention back?

Alternatively we could have all three sections on equal level on the main board index... doesn't appeal to me as much. I don't think somehow categorizing like you suggest would be sensible from the technological side, it would require extra work and sections are ideal for the same purpose.

Anibaru Carthan, I think that would be too much work.
--R. Scott Bakker