YesNoOk

STREET FIGHTER 4!!! (Read 353630 times)

Started by Shindoh, October 15, 2007, 10:45:33 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Preordered or Buying Street Fighter IV?

Hell Yes!! (Preordered Collectors Edition)
Bring it on!! (Preordered Standard)
Of course! (Buying Collectors Edition)
Yes! (Buying Standard)
Nope
Re: STREET FIGHTER 4!!!
#1541  April 15, 2008, 12:22:49 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
So far SF4 is as connected to SF3 as SF3 was to SF2. The only hint SF3 really did at SF2's existence (aside from four essential characters) was Urien saying "oh, that organization is gone", yet you never heard Capcom saying to disregard SF2.
Same thing here. I don't see how SF4's events rule out SF3 (so far), at all, even if Vega was alive during SF3 couldn't they just be fighting Gill for a change? Especially since he's probably not even the boss of SF4.

Plus Guile will always be mad about Nash, it's not like he stops caring after getting his revenge.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#1542  April 15, 2008, 12:41:17 am
  • Wandering....
all depends on how they are handling Bison.
many already speculating that it could be a fan service like geese nightmare event on KOF mi
#1543  April 15, 2008, 01:00:16 am
all depends on how they are handling Bison.
many already speculating that it could be a fan service like geese nightmare event on KOF mi

M. Bison is really one of the coolest bosses ever IMO. So was Geese, so I wouldn't be surprised. :)
Would be nice to see him again in a fighting game like this.
The key to happiness is not to mourn on the past, or to worry about tomorrow - but to live here and now. In the present. Honestly and earnestly.
#1544  April 15, 2008, 07:27:13 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
So far SF4 is as connected to SF3 as SF3 was to SF2. The only hint SF3 really did at SF2's existence (aside from four essential characters) was Urien saying "oh, that organization is gone", yet you never heard Capcom saying to disregard SF2.
Same thing here. I don't see how SF4's events rule out SF3 (so far), at all, even if Vega was alive during SF3 couldn't they just be fighting Gill for a change? Especially since he's probably not even the boss of SF4.

That's kinda a different boat though. SF3 was supposed to be different enough from 2 in that it was meant to be a new takeoff without returning characters, then Ryu and Ken get shoved in. And Ken btw references SF2 events well before Urien and Chun-Li, given Eliza and Mel.

As for anything else, there really wasn't much of a point to bring up SF2's events again. Shadaloo was not relevant to Gill, the other characters or anything else. Nobody in the games until Chun-Li had any real weight in SF2's plot. So why would it get mentioned?

With SF4, you expect it to bridge some sort of gap at least, and there's little reason why it can't. Alex's friend for example would still be a good enough fighter for this (and would explain Gill beating the shit out of him a bit better). And many other examples. Just, dunno...something!
#1545  April 15, 2008, 11:58:34 am
  • Wandering....
M. Bison is really one of the coolest bosses ever IMO. So was Geese, so I wouldn't be surprised. :)
Would be nice to see him again in a fighting game like this.

Actually i was hoping they would just retcon only M bison storyline to what it was earlier(bison existed on the early SF3NG plot but change when SFA3 was release) rather than eliminate the SF3 events.
#1546  April 15, 2008, 04:51:58 pm
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
They should add someone from Rose's clan or Rose and flesh out that storyline from Alpha 3. Did I say that already....?  ;P
#1547  April 15, 2008, 09:13:41 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Interesting, some people say that Dictator face appears to be burnt up.
They arent however sure.Could mean its a new body.
#1548  April 15, 2008, 11:50:02 pm
    • Portugal
I thought scarring meant old body. ???
They also say his look and voice are the same as CvS, so it's likely the SF2 body. Enough of the whole body change deal, really, if they ever do it again let it be with Ryu/Cammy/Rose for a what-if character or something like it.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#1549  April 15, 2008, 11:57:38 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Not from what I read, its apparently something mid way between big guy and thin guy, cvs2 moves, and something is odd about his face.
#1550  April 16, 2008, 12:04:03 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
Not from what I read, its apparently something mid way between big guy and thin guy, cvs2 moves, and something is odd about his face.

so... it could be someone impersonating Bison?!
#1551  April 16, 2008, 12:07:23 am
    • USA
a Bison's crazy fanatic?  ::)
#1552  April 16, 2008, 12:08:32 am
    • Portugal
A fat otaku with glasses in Bison's tight outfit. 8)
#1553  April 16, 2008, 12:20:52 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
a Bison's crazy fanatic?  ::)

hey! as far as we know, Bison ruled Shadaloo as a freaking religion. when he died, some of it followed Balrog, the other part start searching the reencarnation of  Bison. this guy might be one of their candidates

(or... one of the guys who studied pshycho power with him. you know, one of the 2 PP students that dissppeared from the face of the earth when Bison killed his master).
#1554  April 16, 2008, 12:22:49 am
    • USA
well, then here comes Bega/ Vison  :ninja:
#1555  April 16, 2008, 12:33:28 am
The key to happiness is not to mourn on the past, or to worry about tomorrow - but to live here and now. In the present. Honestly and earnestly.
#1556  April 16, 2008, 08:35:02 am
  • Wandering....
#1557  April 16, 2008, 10:28:47 am
  • YOuLOser
    • Australia

i cant wait for this game, release dates???

i hope it has a create-a-fighter mode
#1558  April 16, 2008, 10:40:09 am
  • Wandering....
#1559  April 16, 2008, 11:22:29 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#1560  April 16, 2008, 12:37:14 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen