YesNoOk

SUPERSMASH BROS MUGEN (Read 23424 times)

Started by alexjdj, March 13, 2008, 12:12:20 am
Share this topic:

Poll

HOW DO YOU MAKE PEOPLE FALL OFF IN MUGEN?

talk
18 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Re: SUPERSMASH BROS MUGEN
#21  March 14, 2008, 06:04:45 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Looks like MT took the time to advertise his project in someone else's project thread.

Also, this is, like, the second time someone threw in a bunch of characters in a Smash Bros. themed Mugen. However, the first one at least disabled automatically facing other characters, and the guys behind it said they didn't know what they did, and apologized (at least in Judgespear's forum).
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#22  March 14, 2008, 05:15:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I say you keep smash bros AS smash bros. It just doesn't work well w/ sprites like SF or KOF, guilty gear, etc. IMO

i have to disagree, i have not seen anything in smash bros that really requires 3d models.
#23  March 14, 2008, 08:07:16 pm
  • SNK is life
The gameplay, and the fact that you're sent flying away in a cartoonish fashion doesn't work with more realistic spritage that you're used to seeing in serious FGs.

I, like him, don't buy it.
#24  March 18, 2008, 03:41:14 am
  • "The Future is Now"
i'm not sure why i never noticed this topic untill now.. anyways, yourwelcome for my horrible stages? be sure to pick up final destination brawl version in the release section.

also i think the best way to simulate Super Smash... would be editing the characters with knock out attacks, based on HP.

and have the screenbound and dont follow the opponent when there hp is lower than 90% (hurt) when the opponent reachs a certian distance off screen he will play a explosion animation and instantly lose.

of course this is just my theory i have no actual coding idea for this.. well i kinda do but its far to complex for me to really code it.. (i dont fully understand screenbound,width , etc ,etc)
#25  March 26, 2008, 12:17:50 pm
i'm not sure why i never noticed this topic untill now.. anyways, yourwelcome for my horrible stages? be sure to pick up final destination brawl version in the release section.

also i think the best way to simulate Super Smash... would be editing the characters with knock out attacks, based on HP.

and have the screenbound and dont follow the opponent when there hp is lower than 90% (hurt) when the opponent reachs a certian distance off screen he will play a explosion animation and instantly lose.

of course this is just my theory i have no actual coding idea for this.. well i kinda do but its far to complex for me to really code it.. (i dont fully understand screenbound,width , etc ,etc)

How about a damage modifier depending on HP, the higher the damage the futher the character is flung. And the less HP the less distance the character has to travel off screen before she/he/it is killed.
#26  March 26, 2008, 01:14:46 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
it could work, but as i said i dont know of any actual coding for this.

plus... you would have to edit all the characters to get this to work right.
#27  March 29, 2008, 12:47:45 pm
it could work, but as i said i dont know of any actual coding for this.

plus... you would have to edit all the characters to get this to work right.

would anyone know how they would get this to work?
#28  March 31, 2008, 03:46:16 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
The gameplay, and the fact that you're sent flying away in a cartoonish fashion doesn't work with more realistic spritage that you're used to seeing in serious FGs.
Darkstalkers has plenty of cartoonish spritework (seriously, look at the gethits frame-by-frame sometime... they're a riot). Pocket Fighter also has lots of cartoonish spritework as well as characters flying around, bouncing off walls and such when hit by certain attacks.

DMK

#29  March 31, 2008, 05:21:06 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
I thought they looked pretty normal getting knocked away, unless you mean the direct KO sequence after you're knocked fully off scream.

Not everyone looks cartoony. Mainly the Team Rocketesq ones and the screen faceplant one.
#30  March 31, 2008, 08:30:48 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I POST TO MAKE PEOPLE FALL OFF IN MUGEN
#31  April 05, 2008, 05:44:45 pm
  • Cured of speech problem
I was thinking at least make the player lose if he goes to the edge of the stage or if you can have the camera stay in one spot at the end of the stage and if the player/AI goes out of the camera, they lose.
Horray for randomness!

My old Youtube videos.
Re: Super Smash Bros mugen
#32  April 19, 2008, 06:50:44 pm
    • www.freewebs.com/custardninja/index.htm
I have made this mugen called a super smash bros mugen. only 2 problems i have.
1. how do you make characters fallable?

here are the links of what it looks like
http://www.esnips.com/doc/e1191bdb-742d-400f-a8d5-63f8be6a96e6/mugen0
http://www.esnips.com/doc/9b58cd4e-aac5-4617-970e-bd49a476b781/mugen1
http://www.esnips.com/doc/d200a24e-3cc2-4714-8b80-fab7d48f79e4/mugen2

IM still working on it on the elements of the game and i am still a noob
thanks to Ryon for the stages of brawl

that looks exactly like ermacs wip screenpack
#33  April 20, 2008, 09:54:50 pm
  • Can anyone provide me with a decent challenge?!
Well falling characters then dead is interesting, to do this though you would have to hack the software. Or atleast I think.
A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.  --General Dwight D. Eisenhower
#34  April 20, 2008, 10:31:04 pm
  • I have just killed roa and nero but i lost arcueid
well certain characters and certain stages do have certain codes and whatnot that can make characetrs bounce off the side of the stage but to make a character fall off the stage would be hard and i don't think there r codes for that
#35  April 27, 2008, 07:47:35 pm
well certain characters and certain stages do have certain codes and whatnot that can make characetrs bounce off the side of the stage but to make a character fall off the stage would be hard and i don't think there r codes for that

I'd have to assume Bane84 would disagree.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#36  April 28, 2008, 04:34:05 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com

How about a damage modifier depending on HP, the higher the damage the futher the character is flung. And the less HP the less distance the character has to travel off screen before she/he/it is killed.

I could see this working, and its actually not that hard. I would hop onto this but i'm busy with finals at the moment. Give me a week or two and i may take a poke at recoding mario to a smash brother style............However..i've never played smash brothers. Isn't there a way for characters to jump back on screen once knocked off (if they arent dead)
I'm Basically Retired. Don't ask me to code or create anything, All my stuff is open source.\
mugendream.com
#37  April 28, 2008, 04:37:07 pm

I could see this working, and its actually not that hard. I would hop onto this but i'm busy with finals at the moment. Give me a week or two and i may take a poke at recoding mario to a smash brother style............However..i've never played smash brothers. Isn't there a way for characters to jump back on screen once knocked off (if they arent dead)

First off, get a N64 emulator (Project 64) and a SSB rom.

Second, it depends on what you mean. They can be knocked off the fighting area and get back on, but getting knocked off the screen itself (i.e. you can't see your character) means you lose.

Cenobite 53 said:
#38  April 28, 2008, 05:03:46 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com

Second, it depends on what you mean. They can be knocked off the fighting area and get back on, but getting knocked off the screen itself (i.e. you can't see your character) means you lose.

So which determines death.......Being off the screen..........or having health at 0%?.......................or is it a combination of both like health determining how far u fly off the screen
I'm Basically Retired. Don't ask me to code or create anything, All my stuff is open source.\
mugendream.com
#39  April 28, 2008, 05:24:04 pm

So which determines death.......Being off the screen..........or having health at 0%?.......................or is it a combination of both like health determining how far u fly off the screen

SSB Has no health meter, just a percentage of how likely it is for you to be sent flying from a strong attack, as well as affect how far you get knocked back in the air if I remember correctly. In fact, the only way to defeat opponents is to knock them off the screen (except bosses, which do have a health meter). Also, the percentage can go over 100.

Also, 0% means you haven't been hit/no chance of you flying off the stage when hit with a strong attack.

Cenobite 53 said:
#40  April 28, 2008, 05:40:35 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com

SSB Has no health meter, just a percentage of how likely it is for you to be sent flying from a strong attack, as well as affect how far you get knocked back in the air if I remember correctly. In fact, the only way to defeat opponents is to knock them off the screen (except bosses, which do have a health meter). Also, the percentage can go over 100.

Also, 0% means you haven't been hit/no chance of you flying off the stage when hit with a strong attack.

Well i think i could do that based on what Fzero mentioned. Have a hit modifier based on HP. that knocks players back further depending on hp.
mugendream.com