YesNoOk

New Project (Read 4457 times)

Started by Raizo Yagami, May 16, 2008, 05:33:49 am
New Project
#1  May 16, 2008, 05:33:49 am
Hi! I just started in the MUGEN community and I figured I wanted to make a full original mugen game. I don't know if I'm posting in the right spot, but I need help. I'm trying to get a team together to work on this project. I need level designers, artists, and potential voice actors. Any takers?
I can be e-mailed at raizoyagami@gmail.com
Again, not sure if i'm posting in the right spot and I apologize and the moderator can put it in it's rightful location, but if anyone interested in helping to create a mugen game plz email me. ANYONE WHO HELPS WILL NOT GO UNREWARDED!!! I know its a pain to produce content for MUGEN, but I'm willing to compensate and give FULL credit to those who help. I have some know-how and lots of Ideas but no way to channel them. I've been trying to make a screenpack for a while. If anyone can give me a tut, again I will compensate for your efforts. Thank You. Contact me for more details on my project if interested.

Re: New Project
#2  May 20, 2008, 12:23:03 am
  • Never give up
Contact me for more details on my project if interested.
It probably would have been a good idea to mention the details of your project here. You have a lot of ideas? Post some of them. This is "Development Discussion".
#3  May 21, 2008, 08:05:04 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Yes, Development Discussion, not Projects.
#4  May 21, 2008, 08:53:46 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I really really hope you're offering more than ideas and credit for their work. By the sounds of it you won't be doing nearly as much as the rest of your team.

Now coming in saying you have half a game done and are getting tired and would like 3 people to code 2 characters each while you finish off another 3 with 4 done already would probably bring people in. I reaalise that won't happen but realism is important.

Not only that but noone even knows what game/anime/cartoon/movie/original idea your game is based on.

More info and even then you'll need a lot of luck. If you don't believe me have a look at the rules topic in WIPS which has been there for a while now and definitely holds true.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  May 22, 2008, 02:18:20 am
Oh I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm never good explaining myself in forums. lol Yes I will do work. I guess What I'm trying to say is I want to get a Team together. The reason I didn't really explain my project or development, because a few of my friends told me ppl usually steal ideas. So I'm sorry if I stirred up any commotion in this topic. I wanted help on making a full mugen game. I didn't know how to ask anyone to help. I have Sounds, Drawings, Sketches and I made some Screenpack templates on photoshop. I just don't know how to put it All together. I mean I'm cool with tuts if I have to do it all myself. I'm willing to learn from anyone. I also was going to compensate people for helping me. I mean I really want my game started. I'm sorry If I came off as a lazy money totin' a$sh0l3, but I just wanted to get around in the community. Long story short I wanted to make an 100% original game from scratch, including sprites, backgrounds, music, and voice overs. The game is called Dead Plasma. I have 15 chars for this game and I only drew up three so far and I'm working on the sprites. My current scanner is busted and I'm getting a new one. I've already made out what I wanted my screenpack to look like on photoshop. I also have come up with the system of rolling backwards and forwards, running, super cancel (dubbed Plasma Cancel) and the 'Critical Mass' system. Critical Mass supers are really devastating supers that do alot of damage when you're low on health. So I have been working on it, I just need direction. I think I've explained myself to the best of my ability

#6  May 22, 2008, 02:29:46 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
No you didn't come off as an asshole. Just something we see a hell of a lot. Person with idea needs help, details not forthcoming.

I wouldn't be too worried about people stealing ideas. Everything else, yes, ideas, well not so much.

Actually what you listed are all things in existing games. In fact those specific things are in KoF 2k 2k1 and 2k2. Some of them are in earlier KoF's as well.

Yes people do tend to steal things but if they steal a single sprite they generally can't make anything out of it. Feel free to post samples of your work with giant DRAFT text over the top making it unusable but we can still see how your work looks and whether we're interested.

You'll be better making some friends and trying to get them involved than relying on random people to be interested.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#7  May 22, 2008, 03:47:48 am
Thanks! I'll show some of my stuff when I get a chance.
#8  May 24, 2008, 03:38:55 am
  • Silence is golden. So go platinum.
    • addham2it.com
Hi! I just started in the MUGEN community and I figured I wanted to make a full original mugen game.

I'm sorry to say this, but that statement alone kills it for me. A full mugen game is a HIGHLY ambitious project (and believe me, I know, I'm currently making one) that someone who just started (I firmly believe) cannot handle. I don't intend to be cold, but this is being realistic. If you want others to join your team, you need to prove that you're a capable leader. You need to release quality characters AND stages to show you are capable of making a full game.

Also, if I may throw this out there, you can keep your full game in mind as you work on your first character. That character can be a part of the full game. I chose to not do this because I wanted characters to be consistant with each other, and a first attempt would suck as one gets better and more experienced in character creation. As for my game, if I want my first character in there, I will remake and improve him since now I am more skilled.

But just so I'm tactfully blunt (or tactlessly), if you want others to join you in making a full game, you need to prove you are capable of great things by releasing high-quality MUGEN works that will inspire others and gain you respect.

Lastly, no, I don't think you sound arrogant or anything like that. I agree with what others have already said. And it's common enough. Most seasoned creators don't do this because they know what a pain in the ass a full game is to make. EDIT: Then there are moronic seasoned creators like me who know it's a pain in the ass to make a single character, but is daring/stupid enough to make a full original MUGEN game all by one's self...... yeah, I'm nuts.
Bailan en la playa!
Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 03:47:29 am by Artisto
#9  May 24, 2008, 03:43:40 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
And those of us that have, tend to discourage new people from trying it. Cos it seriously is a pain in the ass and is 99% of the time never completed. There have been like 1000 posts like this. But there sure as hell aren't 1000 full games out there. Bonus games do not count.

#10  May 25, 2008, 05:07:04 am
  • Nice Is Different From Good
    • www.freewebs.com/mommamugen/
I think it would be wiser to for now, show us what your made of!
And eventually once you get more experienced and make a couple of buddies you can start working on the full game. The Mugen community is odd - but in the end its really who you know, and how you are twords the community (so be super nice!)

Until then though - I'm looking foreword to seeing your stuff :D

Warner es demasiado agradable ser malo
#11  June 17, 2008, 11:15:28 am
    • jobromedia.netcipia.net/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
I could help, but you need to show your skillz first.
#12  June 19, 2008, 06:24:38 pm
  • I got a PM.
I'll help but I'm not doing the work. PM with the idea and I'll help where i can, but my knowledge is limited, so you will need to go through the forums learning all you can. First thing to do is study KFM's Code and Play around with it.