YesNoOk

Nigger (Read 25416 times)

Started by #Shaun, June 09, 2008, 07:44:26 am
Share this topic:

hjk

Re: Nigger
#21  June 09, 2008, 09:01:03 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
There is a small detail that most niggas seem to be ignored there, outside of the usa nigga has no negative connoctations, but rather, it only describes a person whose skin is dark. The world is know because either the person listens to rap or because nigga sounds a lot like black in their native language.
Nah, not really. Supposedly white people, with skins as light as day, can be "ggAs." The thing with the "a" word is that it can have so many different, including negative, connotations, that it isn't funny.
Personally, I see it as a term of ignorance, and blatant disregard for the history of the word from which it derives itself. I still view it the word as demeaning, even if I probably wouldn't ban someone over it, because it's just too far gone.
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
#22  June 09, 2008, 09:06:37 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I see it as a very centralist and close minded way of thinking, as the black guys from the usa tend to assume that there are not any other types of black guys in the rest of the world. People from all over the world have no reason to learn the history of the black slaves that live in the usa or at least no more reason than to learn the discrimination that the ainu tribe suffers in japan, or the casts of the indian religion.
#23  June 09, 2008, 09:11:49 pm
  • corner push pusher
outside of the usa nigga has no negative connoctations, but rather, it only describes a person whose skin is dark.
There's a little truth to that but still, a blanketed statement; you can't assume the entire rest of the world (offline) thinks like this. Online? Probability is definitely higher.

nigga sounds a lot like black in their native language..

wth

racial slurs should be ignored on the same level that profanity is largely ignored here.

Um.....generally speaking, cursing does not cause the same detriment as spouting racial epithets towards someone so it can never be ignored on the same level. As far as the guild is concerned.....well, I don't need to go into details. People just need to use common sense. Expect to be pointed out from the rest of the other shitty attackers if you feel the need to look witty (stupid and desensitized) and add racial epithets to the equation of your attack against another member.

I see it as a very centralist and close minded way of thinking, as the black guys from the usa tend to assume that there are not any other types of black guys in the rest of the world.

Highly agree.

People from all over the world have no reason to learn the history of the black slaves that live in the usa or at least no more reason than to learn the discrimination that the ainu tribe suffers in japan, or the casts of the indian religion.

When ignorance goes up against arrogance prepare for the worse.
#24  June 09, 2008, 09:14:46 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
i dunno i always saw racial slurs as the equivalent of "yo mama" jokes: it might tick you off (especially if you love your mum), but it's probably not serious.

hjk

#25  June 09, 2008, 09:17:30 pm
    • Afghanistan
racial slurs should be ignored on the same level that profanity is largely ignored here.
Um.....generally speaking, cursing does not cause the same detriment as spouting racial epithets towards someone so it can never be ignored on the same level. As far as the guild is concerned.....well, I don't need to go into details. People just need to use common sense. Expect to be pointed out from the rest of the other shitty attackers if you feel the need to look witty (stupid and desensitized) and add racial epithets to the equation of your attack against another member.
I believe he's really commenting on just how rampant racial slurs run in our everyday posts. We can't possibly get everyone (Wup. Go to the bottom).

outside of the usa nigga has no negative connoctations, but rather, it only describes a person whose skin is dark.
There's a little truth to that but still, a blanketed statement; you can't assume the entire rest of the world (offline) thinks like this. Online? Probability is definitely higher.
Wait, what?
Nah, not really. Supposedly white people, with skins as light as day, can be "ggAs." The thing with the "a" word is that it can have so many different, including negative, connotations, that it isn't funny.
Personally, I see it as a term of ignorance, and blatant disregard for the history of the word from which it derives itself. I still view it the word as demeaning, even if I probably wouldn't ban someone over it, because it's just too far gone.

I see it as a very centralist and close minded way of thinking, as the black guys from the usa tend to assume that there are not any other types of black guys in the rest of the world. People from all over the world have no reason to learn the history of the black slaves that live in the usa or at least no more reason than to learn the discrimination that the ainu tribe suffers in japan, or the casts of the indian religion.
I wouldn't exactly say it's an African American issue. I've been to many a quote, unquote, "Black" Nation and the word is uttered almost equally. The issue with African Americans sometimes though is that, yes, they sometimes give their country label to the entire group when there is a lot more variation. There has been a huge failure to realize that a Black person living in Europe, is not an African-American.

i dunno i always saw racial slurs as the equivalent of "yo mama" jokes: it might tick you off (especially if you love your mum), but it's probably not serious.
Well, killed my interpretation. I dunno. When you get into the down-right meaning of the words as Shaun has, I can see where offense would get taken.

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:34:57 pm by TMasta - Delete Some of your Messages
#26  June 09, 2008, 09:27:58 pm
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:39:44 pm by Robert The Small
#27  June 09, 2008, 09:41:13 pm
  • corner push pusher
I wouldn't exactly say it's an African American issue. I've been to many a quote, unquote, "Black" Nation and the word is uttered almost equally. The issue with African Americans sometimes though is that, yes, they sometimes give their country label to the entire group when there is a lot more variation. There has been a huge failure to realize that a Black person living in Europe, is not an African-American.

A huge problem with most in the USA is that they truly don't know the dark history that follows the word or why blacks should be pissed (if they chose to be). Be black and kick someone's ass if they call you a nigger - that's what most are taught. Black americans are the only group in the entire world that perpetuates its own cultural history in the most obscene and WTF-type matters. It's a cancellation of extremely whiny black americans wanting to be heard and demand rightfully just recognitions (i.e., steer wrestling, lithium battery, peanut butter, take your pick) but atrociously contradict theirselves*....

Spoiler: * (click to see content)
........vs grounded blacks who want the same justice.

It's more so the fact that people can get away with using stuff like terms like Gringo and others to be offensive, yet when one person does it stupidly
wth
In Spanish and Portugeese its Negro, so...

Exactly, which is why I said "wth" when [E] posted "nigga."
#28  June 09, 2008, 09:49:19 pm
#29  June 09, 2008, 09:50:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
In all honesty the black community in america should just cut it out, they werent the only country where blacks were exploited, heck in africa itself blacks exploited other blacks with slavery inter tribes, the koreans and the japanese abused each other to no end.
But in their mindsets they were grown to believe that "their" pain and suffering is justified and that they can demand retributions out of it, they want to be treated different to be equal, they want more rights than other citizens in order to be Equal.
Thats just weird. Dont expect other countries to freak out at the word nigger.

Also, the separatist mindset of americans still prevails to this day, the first time I entered the mugen chatroom I was greeted with insults due to my ethnicity, and explained by higher ups in the mugen community that latinos and italians are inferior to germans and americans.
Then threatened with banning.
hows that for size?

Will you ignorant niggers please shut the hell up?

Is this it?
This is what I got all those ass whoopings for?
I had a dream once.
It was a dream that little black boys and little black girls would drink from the river of prosperity, freed from the thirst of oppression.
But lo and behold, some 4 decades later.
What have I found, but a bunch of trifling, shiftless, good for nothing niggers?

And I know some of you don't want to hear me say that word.
Its the ugliest word in the english language. But that's what I see now. Niggers.
And you don't want to be a nigger.
Cause niggers are living contradictions.
Niggers are full of unfulfilled ambition.
Niggers wax and wane.
Niggers love to complain.
Niggers love to hear themselves talk, but hate to explain.
Niggers love being another man's judge and jury.
Niggers procrastinate until its time to worry.
Niggers love to be late, niggers hate to hurry.

hjk

#30  June 09, 2008, 10:00:14 pm
    • Afghanistan
Man, I was waiting for your post forver.

A huge problem with most in the USA is that they truly don't know the dark history that follows the word or why blacks should be pissed (if they chose to be). Be black and kick someone's ass if they call you a nigger - that's what most are taught. Black americans are the only group in the entire world that perpetuates its own cultural history in the most obscene and WTF-type matters. It's a cancellation of extremely whiny black americans wanting to be heard and demand rightfully just recognitions (i.e., steer wrestling, lithium battery, peanut butter, take your pick) but atrociously contradict theirselves*....
Spoiler: * (click to see content)
........vs grounded blacks who want the same justice.
It is sad indeed.
Gotta ask, what do you mean by "grounded."

It's more so the fact that people can get away with using stuff like terms like Gringo and others to be offensive, yet when one person does it stupidly
wth
In Spanish and Portugeese its Negro, so...
Exactly, which is why I said "wth" when you posted "nigga."
You sort of replied to the wrong person.

@ Robert the Small.
We'd have to know where MightyKombat came from. I dunno about Blacks universally because I can't, but I will say that to the majority of African Americans, Ni**a and Negro, aren't matches.
I find it kind of funny though. I'm not sure what you were getting at, but i don't find the word "Negro" offensive and yet I've met many Blacks that do.  :-\

another great example http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=80851.0
Sometimes I just don't understand. I like him, but he used to kind of play it out to the point where it just got annoying.

In all honesty the black community in america should just cut it out, they werent the only country where blacks were exploited, heck in africa itself blacks exploited other blacks with slavery inter tribes, the koreans and the japanese abused each other to no end.
But in their mindsets they were grown to believe that "their" pain and suffering is justified and that they can demand retributions out of it, they want to be treated different to be equal, they want more rights than other citizens in order to be Equal.
Thats just weird. Dont expect other countries to freak out at the word nigger.
It's kind of funny, but that is something that I find to be very "American." Now you all know I hate to make generaliations, but our eductaional system gives off the suggestions that, 'America was the only one' ranging from issues like WWII, Terror'ism' Victimaization, etc. all the way to Slavery. No one in my grade knew that the Caribbean had slavery and when I tried to tell them, they said I was making it up for attention.... tf
Anyway, yes, African American youth tends to be a sad story as far as I've seen.
The rest was pure ridiculousness and those other Forumers need to have their asses plunged.

Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:06:56 pm by TMasta - Delete Some of your Messages
#31  June 09, 2008, 10:02:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Oh also..  @Robert GEEEESE!!!!!!!!
#32  June 09, 2008, 10:08:02 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Iced you're my hero for posting a quote from the best episode of Boondocks
#33  June 09, 2008, 10:08:22 pm
  • corner push pusher

Not sure if I'm responding to your post right (I'm kinda tired of debating in this topic right now) but,

The true black americans that don't perpetuate the whining and stupidity want reparations for the suffering. Some want money ( --;), some want the written apology in the constitution. A lot of black americans whine because of our indigenous achievements set in America but become scapegoated or overshadowed. If it weren't for the whining and other issues I don't feel like getting into, black americans could really strive. But, whatever. Case in point: less whinin', more shinin'

another great example http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=80851.0

I didn't get bent out of shape with that because I viewed it as "this bullshittin' asshole is gonna pay" and I believed the guy who started the topic meant it the same way. Did I contradict myself? Yes?  :-X

edit: yeah, boondocks quote said it better  :P
#34  June 09, 2008, 10:25:35 pm
  • SNK is life
So...

What is the conclusion of this whole thing? Can we say nigga or not?
#35  June 09, 2008, 10:30:53 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
If black americans want to shine further they should probably start dropping the unresolute need to defend themselves and to find reparations.
Even if justified, its hard to evolve when you have something to hung on about.

There is racism, a lot, out there in the streets , in the minds of persons, but to react to racist terms only when directed at us is racist in itself, its saying "yes we are different and need to be treated different" to react at them too sternly will get you confusions over everything and nothing, specially in the internet.
Its easy to see when someone is being a rude prick on purpose or just joking around, its easy to see when someone wants to insult us or not, and if you arent sure, to talk to them one on one is usually better than a big move.

Do ya get what im saying my niggah? Its a bit the same as some neurotic jews , ive met jew people that seem to believe that others hate them for being jew, or will persecute them. In europe, we wouldnt even give a rat ass over if you are a jew or not, racism here is more directed towards ethnicity and country of origin.Religion? Nigga please.

Also, said higher ups apologized further on, weeks later, so its not like they didnt tried to do something about it later on.
#36  June 09, 2008, 10:35:21 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Indeed. It's not like the majority of people who toss out these words (myself included) actually want to discriminate on those grounds.
#37  June 09, 2008, 10:49:58 pm
  • corner push pusher
There is racism, a lot, out there in the streets , in the minds of persons, but to react to racist terms only when directed at us is racist in itself, its saying "yes we are different and need to be treated different"

You have to understand that some people just geniunely take offense to slurs, even if you don't. It's still an unwanted attack if projected as an attack, it's still a putdown if it's projected in any form; at it's essence it's more of a negative than a positive.

And if that seems selfish then so be it.
#38  June 09, 2008, 10:52:13 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
It is the internet, and you require a tad of a thicker skin to deal with it.
Now imagine, someone randomly goes like "My niggers and I..." they are being just stupid, someone goes like "you..you..double nigger!!!" they are just trying to be funny, someone turns to you and replies "Thats the problem with you fucking niggers." thats a ban.

To think of the word nigger as more offensive than other slurs is in itself racist, it separates one race and makes it different from the others.
#39  June 09, 2008, 10:56:19 pm
  • corner push pusher
Now imagine, someone randomly goes like "My niggers and I..." they are being just stupid, someone goes like "you..you..double nigger!!!" they are just trying to be funny, someone turns to you and replies "Thats the problem with you fucking niggers." thats a ban.

Obviously. In terms of MightyKombat, well...refer back to the beginning of this topic.

To think of the word nigger as more offensive than other slurs is in itself racist, it separates one race and makes it different from the others.

Seems more selfish than racist to me. Do you mean it makes it different from the others as in, anything else is petty and not really a serious issue?
and would you please get rid of that avatar and bring back the paranoia one? I miss it
#40  June 09, 2008, 11:01:50 pm
  • Nice Is Different From Good
    • www.freewebs.com/mommamugen/
Racial Slurs IMO = Bad all around..

The one thing I hate most is when people get offended when you use it - but then they call you it when you aren't looking.  :ninja:

If your going to insult someone (and you shouldn't..) use big words, not harmful slurs that'll only cause you more grief.

Warner es demasiado agradable ser malo