YesNoOk

Ravange from Warzard/Red Earth 1.00 (06/30/08) (Read 24986 times)

Started by Doggiedoo, June 17, 2008, 06:02:20 pm
Share this topic:
Ravange from Warzard/Red Earth 1.00 (06/30/08)
#1  June 17, 2008, 06:02:20 pm
1.00 at Mugen Infantry: http://www.mugen-infantry.net/forum/index.php?topic=106768.0
See first post in the thread for download link.

Screens:

0.92 at Sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ynsv2i]

0.90 at Mugen History: http://www.mugenhistory.com/
Chars > Other > Warzard

============================================================

VERSION HISTORY:

-1.00:
   -Sabaki no Hikari can now be done in the air, as it
    could in Warzard.
   -Optional music added to full intro, see Config.txt
    for details.
   -Fixed enemy facing issue with Sabaki no Hikari,
    plus some supercancel cosmetic tweaks.
   -AI tweaks.

TO-DO LIST:
-Bug fixes/tweaks
-More custom mode tweaks/moves (if needed)
-More palettes (donations welcome, I'm out of ideas :P)

CREDITS:
-[E] for mame builds for ripping sprites
-Winane for AI activation method
-Capcom for Warzard
-SNK? for Janne's laugh :P

Feedback welcome. :)

Some notes:
-Auras of the fireballs from Harubi no Seika might not be accurate... they don't seem to display properly on my emulators, so the current effect is just a guess. It'd be helpful if anyone could describe the original effect in detail.
Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:22:00 pm by Doggiedoo
Re: Ravange from Warzard/Red Earth 0.90 beta
#2  June 17, 2008, 07:56:25 pm
  • Candy Princess
    • www.youtube.com/user/LaMissFa1ry
YAY! I'm so glad she got released =D

She plays very well! I have a bit of feedback though

1- make her poison gas attack usable while facing a player in custom mode. (the animation could be her turning to the side like she does right now I'd think?) - I'd almost say do that for normal mode but I'm not sure if warzard had the same properties as it does here.
2- her mummy attack currently functions incorrectly. Right now if you get trapped she does an automatic follow up attack where she leaps into you and breaks the coffin. In warzard she could use any attack she wanted while you were trapped, it wasn't an automatic move. Right now the move isn't as good because of it since the auto finisher negates what the real threat of it was. (her being able to use a very high damage move and smash you basically)
3- sometimes her laugh doesn't occur in the intro.
4- You could make her petrify beam a HSDM like the game and give it much larger damage. In warzard I'd say her normal "super" Would be the mummies. Although, I like this move being a regular super.
5- Her AI is probably going to need to be a bit smarter than your previous characters. She should be a more defensive fighter who punishes you for screwing up, but also gets aggressive if the situation favors it. She'd probably use her poison alot as a follow up to the sand, spam her dive slam move (she did in warzard anyway) and make good usage of everything else.
I can't give any real balancing feedback until I've fought her with AI. - I could make some although I'd rather wait for yours since you seem to update these quickly anyway.
6- The woman at the beginning should probably stand beside the sphinx instead of on it. It might be nice to give her warzard intro and have her walk out first, too.
7- Give the option to disable her "flashing" Body parts. (the dragon flashing red during it's fire breath, for example)

Overall she's very great! Finally a new character I wanted to download :D
Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:30:26 pm by La Miss Fairy

JozoTheBoogey

#3  June 17, 2008, 08:01:02 pm
I was wondering will this character be create :D
and here it is finaly!
#4  June 17, 2008, 08:11:22 pm
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Downloadg it right now  :sugoi:

Thanks for another great release, is good to know that some creators take the necesary time to release a creation  ;D
#5  June 17, 2008, 08:40:05 pm

TO-DO LIST:

-Walking back animation... Ravange never seems to walk back
 far enough to play the whole anim for capture.

:D :D :D
Good early morning coffee, gives me that "glad to be alive" feeling...
#6  June 17, 2008, 09:43:15 pm
  • mugen madness
hey doo what game is this charecter from then anyways great job looks very impressve you know what would be good f someone made a bio menace charecter and maybe a doss charecter mugen site would be collecters peice anyways  keep up the great work  ::)
#7  June 17, 2008, 10:38:19 pm
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
#8  June 18, 2008, 01:55:32 am
A minor glitch, but the Draw Game animation appears to be incorrect, it's just the sand that Ravange spits out for the Lose Time Over state.  This is due to the sand helper sharing the same state number as the Draw Game state (statedef 175), so you should probably change the number to something else.
#9  June 18, 2008, 02:51:33 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
IIRC (at least from what I observed of the game AI), Sky Arc is supposed to automatically target the opponent's position, and descend from there, no?

Outstanding release, nonetheless. :yes:
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:03:13 am by Mature4evr
#10  June 18, 2008, 02:54:42 am
  • Candy Princess

Found a bug with her mummy curse.

If it hits the opponent while they're walking or running they'll float to the edge of the screen, disappear, and then suddenly reappear at the correct location. (it isn't game breaking since the move still goes through properly. Or seems to, anyway. But as you can see it looks funky)
#11  June 18, 2008, 03:14:09 am
RE: TrasgoSe7en

o_O *grabs the anim anim (lack of proof-reading ftl  --;)*
It was the last three sprites... just three sprites that caused so much frustration. >_<

RE: orochimajin

D'oh about the draw game anim... it's been fixed.

RE: La Miss Fairy

Will add a front-facing version of the poison cloud... it may look awkward if Ravange turns back, then turns forward again, but if so an alternate animation should be doable.

So far under emulation, Ravange has only performed a (weakened, single-hit) version of her beam move after the mummy attack, as an alternative to the belly flop. Even then, they seem to do similar damage. Perhaps the mummy attack can be made supercancelable into the beam?

About Clara (the woman in the intro)... her standing there half the time is intentional, for the sake of variety. Figured the laugh'd quickly get annoying if it happened every time. I'm having difficulty thinking of ways to effectively play her full set of anims without making her introduction take too long (aiming for 4-5 seconds tops), especially since she's a part of Ravange (the snake). She was made to stand on Ravange due to lack of space, and the narrow size of some stages' floors. It could be changed so that Ravange is further away from the opponent, and jumps forward after transforming. Will expand on this more in a while.

Disabling flashing is a nice idea, especially since it was a pain to rip all the sprites in their original colours in the first place.  --;

Yeah, AI is going to be a bit more reactive than Valdoll/Blade. There'll be some of the "pick random attack that will probably hit" behaviour, but not as frequent, with things like using the bite to punish and the sand attack to counter taking higher priority.

Bleh about the Mummy attack bug... forgot VelSet in the enemy's custom state. >_<

RE: Mature4evr

Yeah, Sky Arc automatically hovers over the enemy in Warzard, but for such a long move, it may be more fun to allow a bit more freedom for the player. It can be made more accurate for non-custom mode though.

Thankies for the reports and suggestions!
Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:18:36 am by Doggiedoo
#12  June 18, 2008, 03:44:52 am
  • Candy Princess
1 - Great! ;D You could probably use the animation the goat has when she bites (it leans forward and opens it's mouth). That should look right, I think.

2- Ahh. I thought she could chain to more. I would add the beam though yeah. That would improve it volumes.

And gotcha about the rest. I'll let you know if I think of anything else ;D
#13  June 18, 2008, 11:17:40 am
Need a bit of help with the new name for the front-facing poison cloud. Original is "Akuma no Toiki", so something similar would be ideal. Currently it's "Oni no Toiki", though I have no idea if that makes any sense, or is thematically appropriate.

The animation is based of the standing A btw, with the lion not biting and a redrawn goat head. Will probably release a version with this new move first to see if it's acceptable before adding AI.
Re: Ravange from Warzard/Red Earth 0.92 beta
#14  June 18, 2008, 06:43:30 pm
  • Candy Princess
Great update! I couldn't find any bugs with her.  ;D

Loving the new poison attack, too!

Oni means demon, so that might not make sense for the name.

Few more things,

1- Give her the classic intro with her walking out and stuff but also give the ability to turn it off and use the "regular" Faster one.

2- Janne Dulk (world heroes) had a very very nice laugh. It would fit Clara well IMO.

3- Her winpose should have both the eagle and lion sounds if you're going for accuracy. Currently it has only the lion.

4- Her readme says D, DF, F, c for her frontal poison. It should say z.

5- Can't wait for her to get AI ;D

Edit:

6- Her mummy attack sometimes doesn't connect if the opponent isn't at the edge of the screen. (only seems to occur vs an airborn opponent) I believe in Warzard it was unblockable, and here I've seen instances where a airborn opponent would be thrown back first, then grabbed by the women if they reached them in time. I believe the women are supposed to grab you the second you touch them?

7- One way to replicate the three missing women for the mummy curse would be afterimages. You could create doubles of the current three sort of layered "behind" Them (like the game) and just expand the hitboxes slightly to cover the afterimages, too. (I don't think you'd need to though) - obviously these would then shift to the side and disappear so the rest of the animation could finish correctly as you currently have it set up.

8- You might want to expand the timing on the regular goat curse slightly. Right now it's pretty touche to pull off. (You sort of have to hold the button down well before she turns to do it) Maybe it's supposed to be like this?

9- Is she supposed to have hyper armor while flying for her body slam? Currently she only seems to have some hyper armor as she flies up, then loses it once fully airborn. (I do know in game despite her having hyper armor while she flew up she could still be knocked out of the move if hit hard enough. So maybe she just outright lost it while flying for balance?)
Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:47:22 pm by La Miss Fairy
#15  June 19, 2008, 01:55:14 am
Under emulation, that's how the mummy attack seems to work... i.e. if it hits an airborne opponent, it acts like a normal (blockable, weak) attack and knocks them back, with a chance to grab them on their way down if they land on top of the mummies. It did look a bit odd... maybe in custom mode it could be made to affect standing opponents only/grab aerial opponents as well?

Some leeway can be made for the goat curse if Ravange is still in the first frame of turning... not much, though, since the frame is only 0.1 seconds long. More than that, and it'll either look odd or cut into the start-up time of the move.

Yeah, she's supposed to lose the invincibility on Sky Arc after she leaves the ground. In Warzard, a projectile could pass right through her while she was crouching for the jump, then hit her in the back as soon as she did. It's just that much of her is covered by a hitbox, so it's difficult to attack her without at best trading hits.

Will add the walking in intro w/ Ravange in the background (walk in->laugh->transform->Ravange jumps into foreground) as an option, and will correct the readme. >_<

More comments in a few hours... exam time. :(
#16  June 19, 2008, 02:04:42 am
if Ravange doesn't get AI she'll act like a coward. and never in my days as a mugen player have i come across such a knock-kneed coward.
#17  June 19, 2008, 02:10:36 am
  • Candy Princess
Under emulation, that's how the mummy attack seems to work... i.e. if it hits an airborne opponent, it acts like a normal (blockable, weak) attack and knocks them back, with a chance to grab them on their way down if they land on top of the mummies. It did look a bit odd... maybe in custom mode it could be made to affect standing opponents only/grab aerial opponents as well?

Some leeway can be made for the goat curse if Ravange is still in the first frame of turning... not much, though, since the frame is only 0.1 seconds long. More than that, and it'll either look odd or cut into the start-up time of the move.

Yeah, she's supposed to lose the invincibility on Sky Arc after she leaves the ground. In Warzard, a projectile could pass right through her while she was crouching for the jump, then hit her in the back as soon as she did. It's just that much of her is covered by a hitbox, so it's difficult to attack her without at best trading hits.

Will add the walking in intro w/ Ravange in the background (walk in->laugh->transform->Ravange jumps into foreground) as an option, and will correct the readme. >_<

More comments in a few hours... exam time. :(
Ah alrighty. :3

Yeah you wouldn't need much leeway with the goat curse at all. It's not "too" Bad to pull off for me now. So you probably could leave it be if you wanted. (Not sure how hard it is for others)

For the warzard intro you could actually make a third version that even included the effects from the stage since KFM converted it. I'm not sure if it would require edits to the stage though/or if he'd object to it. But, if things fell in place it'd be a nice little additional thing to the "global" Version of the custom intro without the stage effects.

Hopefully you're able to separate her colors without any problems. I'd love to make some palettes for her but right now due to so much being connected it's tough. (I'd rather have AI before that, though. Personally)
#18  June 19, 2008, 02:59:09 am
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Re: Ravange from Warzard/Red Earth 0.95 beta (06/20/08)
#19  June 20, 2008, 04:44:14 pm
New version. Wewt.  ;P

Thanks for pointing me to Janne; brief, haughty, and it even shrank the filesize! :sugoi:

Regarding the new AI... ideally, she should be slightly easier than Blade, so it goes Valdoll < Ravange < Blade < Shin Valdoll in terms of difficulty.

Next up (apart from fixes, etc.) will be the full stage-specific intro and colour seperation.
Re: Ravange from Warzard/Red Earth 0.95 beta (06/20/08)
#20  June 20, 2008, 06:41:00 pm
  • Candy Princess
No problems :D

Just tested her. ~ Loving the new AI. Not too hard or easy. And uses all her moves well.

The only two things I noticed are she still lacks her eagle sound at her winpose. (Assuming you wanted it) And I wish she could have 6 mummies during her coffin attack. Although, if the afterimages thing doesn't work I'm not sure it would be possible as you previously stated. (Both are very minor considering how nice she is anyway)

Can't wait for the next update.

Since she seems to be one or two updates from being finished I have to ask. Are you going to keep making stuff and what next?  :P If you are, I sort of REALLY hope you'd make blade and valdoll's stages from warzard. (you could also give valdoll his proper intro, too)
I'd have probably converted them myself. But I never did get ripping from warzard to work properly so I don't have access to the sprites.  ???
Plus, that way all your stuff would have their original stages.  ;P