YesNoOk

Special Project YOU can join! (Read 11288 times)

Started by TehBazzard, July 10, 2008, 10:43:21 pm

Poll

Better name for project?

SNK:The marvelization
MVC:SNK
Marvelous SNK
Special Project YOU can join!
#1  July 10, 2008, 10:43:21 pm
  • :)
    • www.freewebs.com/mvcsnk/
This is a project started by Me and Rce45.
Named:SNK:The Marvelization.
Of course, better names will be decided, or not.
Anyways, Project info (agreed with this with R@ce45 through PM.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, it's not a full game, just a series of characters done by us (more can join in to) for fun! No deadlines or anything like that. We help each other out, and we can start/cancel projects anytime. Other members can also pick up projects that others decided to quit. Each member can use their own style, from using a template (I'm using the MVC:EOH template), editing a pre-exsiting character (be sure to always credit and ask permission if you have to!), or from scratch. The theme is to convert SNK characters (FF, AOF, SS, KOF, etc) to an MVC fighting style (over the top attacks, 2 button supers, chains and air chains, etc). No bashing other people's decisions.
I will take MVC Ryo, Mai and Vanessa.
RULES:
*As stated, you can use your own style. Not everyone has to use a different one      though. More than 1 person can use the MVC:EOH template for example.
*A list follows containing characters already converted to MVC style. These are the only ones that cannot be done by anyone, unless listed.
*People can join just to help a member finish a character.
*Anyone can drop out of the project at anytime. You can finish your unfinished characters by yourself, or leave them for the other members to finish.
*If you are finishing a character by a former member, be sure to credit the original member properly.
*Perferably, if the character was in CVS2, try using CVS2 sprites.
*Including SNK characters, characters of series that appered on the SNK/NeoGeo hardware are also allowed.
THIS INCLUDES:
3 Count Bout
Aggressors of Dark Kombat
Astra Super Stars
Breakers
Double Dragon (The Fighting game)
Galaxy Fight
Fighter's History/Karnov's Revenge
The Far East of Eden:Kabuki Klash
Ninja Masters
Operation Ragnagard
Power Instinct Matrimelee
Rage of the Dragons
Samurai Shodown
Savage Reign/Kizuna Encounter
Sengoku 3
Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
Waku Waku 7
World Heroes
This list mentions only fighting games. For a full list, check here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronological_list_of_Neo_Geo_games
Also, you may create your own sprites for your character. However, don't expect help unless someone really does want to.
ALREADY DONE MVC SNK CHARACTERS:
Mukai by Tin
Shen Woo by Tin
Terry by Reza (WIP, but still counts)
King by Teihei
Rock by ken34
Kim by LegendaryXM90
Vice by substantial (Private, so exempt from the rule)
Waddya think? If you anyone that you want to ask to join, ask them. Be sure to copy the above message to them, and add my wips and your wips.
RESOURCES:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?board=312.0
MFG resource board. With index of open source, shared sprite rips and edits, sounds and a request section if you can't find what your looking for.
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/
IMT front page has links to Kong's sprite rips, and the MVC:EOH template.
Team WIPS:
Mai, Vanessa and Ryo (WIP by Team Leader TehBazzard)
Geese and Andy (WIP by Team Leader R@ce45)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is meant as a contribute project to the community without the stress in most projects. No deadlines, no hurries, no stages, just characters made for fun!
People can join just to help with the creation of a character(s), not to make their own.
Also, projects will also be origanized by gameplay and creation style.
CREATION STYLE
----------
TehBazzard (MVC:EOH Template)
R@ace 45 (Edits. Geese will be edited from Geese by P.o.t.s. Race has permission)
GAMEPLAY
----------
TehBazzard (EOH style with features from MVC2)
R@ce 45 (Unknown. Has not let me know yet.)
----------
This is a character creation project, which allows any and everyone associated with it to work at their own pace.
Let your friends know!
You can contact either one of us (R@ce and Me) here, or by PM. Also you can PM me through IMT, and MI (offline right now). R@ce45 can be contacted through IMT's PM.
Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 10:51:56 pm by TehBazzard
Re: Special Project YOU can join!
#2  July 10, 2008, 10:46:17 pm
    • youtube.com/user/rdogg114
no Samurai Showdown characters makes me a sad panda.
Yeah, something's wrong when even Seravy says your character's overpowered.
#3  July 10, 2008, 10:51:40 pm
no Samurai Showdown characters makes me a sad panda.
You can make SamSho characters. I thought I didn't have to add them one because I thought everyone knew they were made by SNK.
#4  July 10, 2008, 11:10:53 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Several of those weren't made by SNK, just released for Neogeo.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#5  July 10, 2008, 11:17:20 pm
Several of those weren't made by SNK, just released for Neogeo.
I know. The list also includes Neo Geo exclusive titles.
Race said this.
R@CE 45 said:
I'm goin to look around... if need be i will use any andy i can find, but of course get permission...but yeah guys, i got dibs on geese howard by pots.... I might go back and ask pots can i do hibiki too but yeah i have to make it look good cus he doesn't like it when people mess his works up... so what i'll probably do is just add on and change minor things..

Now folks the characters don't have to be totally mvc... they just have to have the basic mvc stuff like, the hyper background, super portraits, super jump, ariel chaining also mvc style chaining on the ground with a ariel laucher included.....

if you can't do the hit sparks don't worry, we just want the basics done and then if you want help just say so and then if someone wants to input it for you then you'll get help....

If we stick together, this can come out real smooth....

and also i picked pots's geese becuz if you have already played with him, he has very dramactic moves and has potential to handle like a mvc character

Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 11:20:37 pm by TehBazzard
#6  July 11, 2008, 06:01:45 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Ok geese is coming along good, and might i say, Pots, your geese was superb already....so superb that i'm goin to leave alot of what you did in there, basically i'm just adding on... thats it.....
#7  July 11, 2008, 12:41:56 pm
can i sign up for doing a benimaru? cvs 2 sprites, im making the char myself, but this looks fun.
ill do more cause i get bored easily lol
#8  July 11, 2008, 01:04:44 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Won't work out well, KoF characters are designed with balance in mind, MvC is broken crap.
#9  July 11, 2008, 01:24:25 pm
I think it'll work out better if everybody worked from the same base.

That way at least when we have all the characters they can fight each other properly.
#10  July 11, 2008, 01:28:06 pm
kof was made to be balanced.... but we're designing mugen characters
#11  July 23, 2008, 01:12:41 am
can i sign up for doing a benimaru? cvs 2 sprites, im making the char myself, but this looks fun.
ill do more cause i get bored easily lol
Sure.
As for what Leon said, yeah, I think it would. But this is a project for fun. If people find it best to do things their own way, we let them. We're not compiling these characters for a full game, similar play style isn't required here.
I honestly think that when you make a full game, you should make every character fit a theme. Certain effects, abilities, gameplay, should remain the same. I love the MVC:EOH characters for the project, but if they all kept a recurring theme, the full game's quality would increase.
So, the list of characters!
TehBazzard:
Mai
Vanessa
R@ce45:
Geese
Andy (Has not notified me on this yet, but we'll keep it here)
Leon:
Benimaru
I have dropped work on Ryo. I deleted his work on accident via breakdown. Anyone can try him now.
I am going full focus on Vanessa, but at a point, she'll be halted because BDI hasn't ripped the GetHits (Currently asking for him to finish the rip, and asked Kong to try to rip from KOF2k2.)
I am also searching for Wuwo's XI rips of Vanessa. If I find them, then Vanessa's movelist WILL be expanded past her 2k2 moveset.
Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:23:57 am by TehBazzard
#12  July 23, 2008, 06:05:37 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
well honestly i don't care who thinks they r whatever, i'm doin it cus i want to... MVC is supposed to be unbalanced.... So if you don't wanna join then thats you....
Me, i'm doin this cus there are not alot of mvc versions of snk characters out there.....
You wanna help, be my guess.... cus we need it.....

Aadmi

#13  July 23, 2008, 08:01:56 pm
You Guys need more Motivation,  you need A base, as Leon Says......A base is not only for balance it can also be used to identify state numbers that you might want all your character to have....kinda like you own required sprites .

a project like this gvies you many possibilties to expand ideas and also to utilize those ideas into something worth looking twice at.
My suggestions don't go off making random characters, two or one person should first establish a base template...that all your future creations will..be based off..it is long process on the first character but once you have a base the rest is replacing sprites and just doing the moves for the next character you make..

Cheers,RajaBoy

I also suggest more a more custom nae for your project based off of not what other think but your own personal name choice choose the one you guys like, it all about your preferences in projects such as these.
#14  July 23, 2008, 09:14:15 pm
  • spammy face
Titiln holds me after we make love and says “I love you” as we watch the sunset.
im a newfag
#15  July 23, 2008, 11:07:07 pm
#16  July 24, 2008, 02:54:21 am
Won't work out well, KoF characters are designed with balance in mind, MvC is broken crap.
KoF? Balanced? :laugh4: Good one, boss.
HEY! It all depends on which one you play.
KOFXI is pretty damn balanced. From what I know, Shingo and Momoko are bottom tier, Athena, Gato and B.Jenet are High Tier and everyone else is at the mid tier.
Only the bosses are god tier.
#17  July 24, 2008, 04:55:39 am
KOFXI is pretty damn balanced. From what I know, Shingo and Momoko are bottom tier, Athena, Gato and B.Jenet are High Tier and everyone else is at the mid tier.
Just like MvC2 where Storm, Sent, Cable and Mag are high tier, everyone else is mid tier, and Roll and Servbot are low tier.  ;D
#18  July 24, 2008, 07:28:44 am
Just like MvC2 where Storm, Sent, Cable and Mag are high tier, everyone else is mid tier, and Roll and Servbot are low tier.  ;D
Now that's just different. Storm, Sent, Cable and Mag are god tier, Tron, some other characters, and I think Strider are high tier, then there's mid tier, then low tier, then a Roll tier... Which doesn't make sense seeing how Servbot is weaker.
Well, Roll is sexy and cute enough for her own tier I guess....
And also, the game is bound to be broken when you do this application.
Rescaleing sprites BUT NOT HITBOXES +
Having the properties unchanged, but not modified for the new physics +
Having properties from the FIRST version of the game (I.E, the one with the least beta testing and most infins) +
No/Little beta testing +
A guy who's HP is a PROJECTILE, SHOOTABLE UP TO 4 TIMES>INTO THE MOST BROKEN SUPER =
MVC2. It's still damn fun though. Got it on Chankast.
But yeah, KOF is Balanced. And just cause Gato, Athena and B.jenet are high tier, they DO have an advantage, but not much really.
Some people share Servbot's spot at low tier.
And It's not like Athena, Gato and B.Jenet can easily overpower all but themselves...
#19  July 24, 2008, 01:29:14 pm
Ahahahahahahaha no. XI is not balanced.

God tier in XI is Kula, Gato and Oswald. Where the fuck did you get Athena from? She's low tier shit. And no, B.Jenet is not top tier I'm sorry.

And what the fuck. Bosses are far from god tier. Unless you're talking about Magaki and Shion where the former is basically not counted and the latter is unplayable. You must be the best at this game.
#20  July 24, 2008, 01:34:07 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
98 and 2k2 are balanced, not XI.

Also, tiers don't count for anything if the player is good/bad with a character (except for MvC, which is just plain broken)