YesNoOk

Question about Fatalities (Read 3591 times)

Started by shaokahn11, July 25, 2008, 09:31:11 pm
Share this topic:
Question about Fatalities
#1  July 25, 2008, 09:31:11 pm
  I'm a new user to Mugen and was wondering how you set it up so you are able to do fatalities?  I've searched the net for tutorials on Mugen Fatalities but they were broken links.  If anybody can point me to a working one or if it isn't that in depth explain to me how to set it up so I can do fatalities it would be appreciated.  Thanks
Re: Question about Fatalities
#2  July 25, 2008, 09:35:32 pm
  • I got a PM.
Fatalities are coded in the character. If your wanting to and a fatality to a character that doesn't have a fatality then you would need to code it. There tutorials but it might be easier to just add code from one of Mike's MK chars. oF course you would have to make sprites for that.
#3  July 25, 2008, 09:45:17 pm
   Thanks for the reply.. I'm not looking to add fatalities to a character... basically when one wins two rounds that's the end of the fight... it doesn't the the "Finish Him" and allow you to attempt the fatality... is there a setting you have to set in Mugen to allow that or a program to download for that?
#4  July 25, 2008, 10:28:42 pm
  • I got a PM.
No it is coded in the programing of the char.
#5  July 25, 2008, 10:34:53 pm
  So is it possible there could be something wrong with the programming of the characters then?  I downloaded and added a few MK characters and there are fatalities listed in their list, however, I am never get a chance to use them cause the "Finish Him" portion doesn't appear when I win
#6  July 25, 2008, 10:39:22 pm
  • I got a PM.
My guess is you downloaded characters that where made for the MK Project and the fatalities of those characters are programed in the Mugen engine for MK Project. You would need to find regular mugen MK characters or download the mk project.
#7  July 25, 2008, 10:45:53 pm
Hmm interesting... I've seen the MK Project for download... however, these characters I don't believe are for the MK Project... I got them off this Portuguese site and they are designed like Street Fighter Alpha sprites... really cool actually to see MK characters like Scorpion in a SF Alpha type look.
#8  July 26, 2008, 04:00:38 pm
  • The Extraordinary Spiderman
    • Netherlands
Hmm interesting... I've seen the MK Project for download... however, these characters I don't believe are for the MK Project... I got them off this Portuguese site and they are designed like Street Fighter Alpha sprites... really cool actually to see MK characters like Scorpion in a SF Alpha type look.
I think you've found Binho's site.

Yep, they rock.
#9  July 26, 2008, 05:38:59 pm
  Yeah, that's where I got them from... Binho did a real tight job giving them that Alpha look... Shang Tsung is incredible.. just wish I could do the fatalities =)
#10  July 26, 2008, 09:14:54 pm
  • The Extraordinary Spiderman
    • Netherlands
  Yeah, that's where I got them from... Binho did a real tight job giving them that Alpha look... Shang Tsung is incredible.. just wish I could do the fatalities =)
Go inside their character folders and check their ReadMe's. There should be a movelist in there, :sugoi:
#11  July 26, 2008, 09:39:21 pm
   Yeah, I've read them... the problem I'm having is that when I'm playing and win or the computer wins... there's never a prompt to do the fatality... you know when you beat the guy and the "Finish Him" part comes on in MK for you to perform the fatality... it doesn't do that for me.. just says I win and moves on to the next opponent.
#12  July 27, 2008, 02:26:40 am
  • :)
    • www.freewebs.com/mvcsnk/
Hmm interesting... I've seen the MK Project for download... however, these characters I don't believe are for the MK Project... I got them off this Portuguese site and they are designed like Street Fighter Alpha sprites... really cool actually to see MK characters like Scorpion in a SF3/KOF/CVS/SF2/SVC/GG/Anything not Alpha type look.
Fix.
Seeing how Bihno's designs are ORIGINAL, they are not Alpha based. Alpha is CPS2 basic stuff that a baby could use and is highly overrated.
If Sprite Art had tiers, SFA would be scrub.