YesNoOk

What does your username mean? (Read 29930 times)

Started by Cornholio, August 04, 2008, 09:43:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What does your username mean?
#61  August 06, 2008, 05:02:04 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
yeah, I'm either Abo or TAO.

right now I'm B. actually that's kinda not a nickname for a nickname.
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#62  August 06, 2008, 06:02:29 am
  • my avatar is there, look harder.
Ravenous-....idk, but it sounds kool (v'-')b
31492- born march 14th, 1992
I need a revolution.

OZ

#63  August 06, 2008, 04:31:37 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
Having a first name that works well as a nick in the international scene that is the Internet must be nice, like you or Reu, I find this whole calling people by nicknames deal to turn silly with time, especially when in private conversations.

And it's Phantom of the Opera applied to the interweb, mimicking my first and last name's initials in the process.

My first name is too common to successfully use online.
I do have some kick-ass initials though.
My initials have never been anything but trouble.
That's why I like them.

Some people get their nicknames nicknamed. For eg, i'm Cy to a lot of people which sounds totally normal.
People were calling me TGAPO for a while, but I guess they figured it would be better just to shorten it to Oz.
ಠ_ಠ
#64  August 06, 2008, 09:22:31 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Ripper Roo=Crash Bandicoot Boss. However, I know him for being my favorite character in Crash Team Racing.

'Jizah= a.k.a. Gza from Wu Tang

Panzermanathod = Truncated Panzer Manofmathod

Panzer =  Panzer Dragoon

Manofmathod = Method Man from Wu Tang.

I also went by Wujizah MaF'Doom Panzermanathod for some time.

Wu = Wu Tang

MaF'Doom = Manof + MF Doom
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#65  August 06, 2008, 09:32:12 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
#66  August 06, 2008, 10:36:46 pm
  • this is the pixel of justice ^
Having a first name that works well as a nick in the international scene that is the Internet must be nice, like you or Reu, I find this whole calling people by nicknames deal to turn silly with time, especially when in private conversations.

And it's Phantom of the Opera applied to the interweb, mimicking my first and last name's initials in the process.

My first name is too common to successfully use online.
I do have some kick-ass initials though.
My initials have never been anything but trouble.
That's why I like them.
your name is Matthew Edwards M.E. meeeeeeeeeee
it was a glorious tale
#67  August 07, 2008, 06:18:40 am
  • :)
    • www.freewebs.com/mvcsnk/
#68  August 07, 2008, 12:13:31 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Names:

WaruiGouki: Something stupid I came up with when I started Japanese 101 and learned that Warui was an adjective to attach to shit. Gouki actually had nothing to do with the Street Fighter one, but from the YYH Gouki who was the first real demon Yusuke fought. Dude was bad-ass, but then his we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years buddies Kurama and Hiei ended up being main characters. Go figure.

Jango: Named after a minor character from One Piece, not to be confused with the bounty hunter from Star Wars Episode II. Also pronounced "Jah-n-go" instead of "Jang-go" like most people think. Went with the name partially because I related to the character's unusual personality.

Current: Antagonist of Grim Fandango (holy fuck not an anime character). I'd go into detail but I'd end up spoiling the game's story, and I assume nobody here has played it.

YES I SUCK AT COMING UP WITH UNIQUE USERNAMES
#69  August 07, 2008, 02:19:00 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#70  August 07, 2008, 02:52:27 pm
The word "ashram" refers to a Hindu place for hermits, or a place where people could meet with spiritual/mystical leaders. I didn't really pick the name based on that ... I got it from Record of Lodoss War.

But I like its original meaning as well, so it just stuck.

Lucky VII.  :P
#71  August 07, 2008, 04:41:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
not to mention that some japanese mistake ashram for ashura.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#72  August 07, 2008, 05:39:29 pm
What can get really fun is trying to explain the difference between "ashura" and "asura".
#73  August 07, 2008, 08:02:50 pm
  • 'Remember me?'
Well.

Smash: Y'know. From Smash Brothers. That game kicks so much ass. It also stands for my loyalty of Nintendo.

-Kun: Japanese honorific. Duh. >_>
#74  August 07, 2008, 10:12:53 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Lee: First name.  I used this way back in the day before I got banned by XGargoyle. :P

Hoshi: An RPG character name I came up with back when I RP'd on another forum.  Surprisingly under the wrong definition.

2D Mirage: A name a made up while making programs on my TI-83 Plus calculator to symbolize a completely flat mirage in a desert as opposed to a full head on hallucination that you can interact with in your mind.  Little did I know that I'd later become obsessed with sprites which gives this name an entirely new feeling/meaning.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#75  August 07, 2008, 10:24:54 pm
  • SNK is life
#76  August 07, 2008, 10:32:54 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
#77  August 07, 2008, 10:50:54 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#78  August 07, 2008, 11:12:36 pm
  • SNK is life
@Hoshi

So, what was the wrong definition?
#79  August 07, 2008, 11:15:53 pm
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
2D Mirage: A name a made up while making programs on my TI-83 Plus calculator to symbolize a completely flat mirage in a desert as opposed to a full head on hallucination that you can interact with in your mind.  Little did I know that I'd later become obsessed with sprites which gives this name an entirely new feeling/meaning.

now, being the calc nerd that I am, I coulda mistaken that with MirageOS
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#80  August 08, 2008, 12:20:59 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
@Hoshi

So, what was the wrong definition?
Originally, whilst looking through an English<->Japanese dictionary "hoshi" was part of another word that mean't "wanting" or something of the sort.  I don't remember exactly.  It was before I knew as much Japanese as I do now.

And to explain my other alias futher, it was between 2D Mirage or Evil Magnum.  Thank GOD I stuck with 2D Mirage.