YesNoOk

Mugen Controls (Read 156256 times)

Started by peter337, October 31, 2008, 08:31:14 pm
Share this topic:
Mugen Controls
#1  October 31, 2008, 08:31:14 pm
Potentially the noobiest question ever asked: how in the world do I use the controls in MUGEN? I haven't found a single guide anywhere and I'm down to button mashing. My enemies, apart from winning, are doing masses of attacks I can't even begin to work out how to replicate so can someone give me a guide on what each button does? And how best to use attacks?
I'm hoping to get good at Yuki Nagato or Misuzu or Makoto, if that helps.
Re: Mugen Controls
#2  October 31, 2008, 08:46:25 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
well what each button does depends on teh character but if your using a keyboard the buttons are q,w,a,s,z,x
#3  October 31, 2008, 08:50:01 pm
well what each button does depends on teh character but if your using a keyboard the buttons are q,w,a,s,z,x

Yeah, I've got my configuration all set-up so I know where the buttons are. Thanks anyway ;D
I suppose if the controls change depending on the character, no one can tell me what I'm suppose to do, so is there any way of finding out the character's attacks from the files I've downloaded for them?
#4  October 31, 2008, 10:05:57 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
well if your just getting started with mugen then it will be really hard to understand but all commands go in the characters.cmd file
to open it right-click>then go to edit,open in notepad like the def
#5  October 31, 2008, 10:48:32 pm
well if your just getting started with mugen then it will be really hard to understand but all commands go in the characters.cmd file
to open it right-click>then go to edit,open in notepad like the def

Wow, thanks, that's just what I was looking for  ;D.
One final problem though: how under the Sun are you meant to do this combination: ~B, DB, D, DF, F, a
#6  November 13, 2008, 10:21:17 pm
It's a Half Turn forward Light Kick ( A ) and at the beginning half turns are a bit difficult to perform. ( Atleast for me they were  o_O ) So essentially if your character is facing right Just press Left, Left and Down, Down, Right and Down, Right then Light Kick.

Practice makes perfect is the motto.  :sugoi: