YesNoOk

HEY VAL, READ THIS/kfm unban thread (Read 20307 times)

Started by Iced, October 20, 2008, 10:57:08 pm
HEY VAL, READ THIS/kfm unban thread
New #1  October 20, 2008, 10:57:08 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ash: Heilige *****! Eine riesige Katze läuft auf der Straße frei herum! says:
I get PMs and I can't reply to them
Iced- says:
banned people dont get acess to pm system?
Ash: Heilige *****! Eine riesige Katze läuft auf der Straße frei herum! says:
We can read them just can't *reply*

Something wrong with this, isnt it?
If we want to keep someone from pms we can ban them from logging in.

Re: HEY VAL, READ THIS
#2  October 30, 2008, 02:45:15 pm
    • Germany
..this should work now. did he give it a shot?
#3  January 02, 2009, 03:44:53 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Ash: Brooklyn Rage! diz:
Hm, so awhile back I asked Cyanide just to ban me and leave me banned to get away from Guild.
So since he isn't here to ask about an undo and I don't need a public powow with the staff mulling it over again.
Mind if I can get that lifted?

(Apparently he asked to be banned. :o)
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#4  January 02, 2009, 04:09:48 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Was he expecting you to just go like "OH AYE" and unban him silently? Did he then informed you that Iced was not happy that you had not unbanned him?
#5  January 02, 2009, 04:11:59 am
    • Portugal
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#6  January 02, 2009, 04:20:34 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
oh awesomeface.jpg

Did he.. did he... complained yet about still being banned?
#7  January 02, 2009, 04:22:49 am
    • Portugal
No. But maybe just because the 40 minutes between his request and my reply didn't help the conversation's momentum. ;P
#8  January 02, 2009, 05:05:31 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Did you ask him WHY? I mean, if he's going to come here and continue what he normally does, what's he need it lifted for. He tends to make Byakko intolerable as well, they sorta feed off each other.

I do not understand, he seemed happy with a permanent ban before. Something must have changed quite drastically. Also, he's likely to want/need it back on in about 2 months.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#9  January 02, 2009, 05:10:47 am
    • Portugal
I figured if he had any particular reason he'd have said it in the first place, but asked him now:

Not sure how to explain it. Guess I just simply don't have a grudge to hold anymore.
Before I just told Cy to leave the ban because I was tired of how stupid things were. Now I'm just distant to a lot of it.
Paul Potts diz:
you do realize that this would make you be dragged into it again right? :P
Yeah, probably
I need somewhere to announce the crap I work on still though.
#10  January 02, 2009, 11:12:34 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Augh!

Devils advocate.
He has RS to announce everything. He has RS for wip topics too, most of the people he's actually going to listen to are there, or visit there. Announcing here would be for nothing except exposure. He could appoint a spokesperson to do it for him on the release side.

I could swear i warned him this would happen. I refuse to make a decision. He doesn't get on my nerves except when he's TV evangelist on creator rights.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#11  January 02, 2009, 12:35:22 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
im with cy, how long until he is advocating again how stupid/bad/assholes we are and how much we are unneeded and just a big gorilla that cant be ignored?
How long until he is butting in threads and topics supporting crap like browser takeovers?
When we ban someone permanently usually it sticks and is for a good reason, going back through the threads that led into this decision he probably earn it.

He can use others to announce his stuff and guild has been calmer without him jumping into situations and feeding fires.
#12  January 02, 2009, 03:41:56 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'm against unbanning him.

He really should have thought about the whole "burning bridges" thing back in all the other 30 chances we have given him.
He just needs a chance to recruit more into RS  :S
#13  January 02, 2009, 04:25:24 pm
as far as i'm concerned i hope he stays banned forever
#14  January 02, 2009, 06:50:12 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Not sure how to explain it. Guess I just simply don't have a grudge to hold anymore.

give us 2 seconds in a topic together~

I'd still unban him, of course. As an aside, rule #24: any ban list over three pages is bad. :D

But that's only me, and the holidays are over so I'll be pretty absent again anyway.

I'd only request that you try not to hurt Guild's relationships with his associates by the way you deny his request too much, things seemed quite relaxed lately.

Oh and please ban me ASAP, I almost started getting involved again with this noooooooo
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#15  January 02, 2009, 09:36:19 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
As an aside, rule #24: any ban list over three pages is bad.
Lies. Banlists get that long because you have a constant proxy spammer who needs to stay away.

I would not MIND kfm coming back. If i could be sure that there's no chance at all that his previous err leanings, wouldn't come to the fore.

The ban was originally 3 weeks cos him defending Burori (that's his frigging name he had it when he created DBZ stuff blast it) for diverting MFG users to that popup page was the end as far as i was concerned. Massive difference between protecting your work, and being a fuckwit.

#16  January 02, 2009, 09:40:37 pm
  • SNK is life
Cyanide is my spokesperson on the matter. (Which means I'm kinda undecided as well)
#17  January 02, 2009, 09:45:27 pm
  • I got a PM.
How come I got a feeling he just wants to come back so he can post in that 2009 split topic? Or something else.

I got say that when the RS guys are around they don't even try to make things better. They only disrupt.

I see Byakko running his face off and the KFM wants to come back? This sounds like the same thing that happened last time.

I'm just asking why does he want to come back?
#18  January 02, 2009, 09:47:21 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
im on titiln side, then, being that im not undecided.

he had his fair share of chances, and most of the shit he pulled he never even HAD to answer for it, instead we were the ones always giving him chances and trying to adapt to him.
Too much of a source of confusion, everytime something rubbed him the wrong way I would get tons of messages about what we should be doing.

he is untouchable as far as our actions go so far.

If you want to give anyone that much power just give them admin status, at least officialize it instead of dancing around it.
#19  January 02, 2009, 09:51:42 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand

#20  January 02, 2009, 09:59:53 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
That thread title is a mistake, its putting them in the spotlight and forcing them to reply.