Compiling xnaMugen
#1  January 19, 2009, 01:02:13 am
    • code.google.com/p/xnamugen/
How To Create a Development Environment For Compiling xnaMugen

Operating System Required:
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7 Beta

Install Visual Studio 2008 Express for C#: http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/
*Note* If you already have a better version of Visual Studio installed, you do not have to install Visual Studio 2008 Express.

Install Microsoft XNA Game Studio 3.0: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7D70D6ED-1EDD-4852-9883-9A33C0AD8FEE&displaylang=en

Update DirectX to 9.0c (November): http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/7/1/1718CCC4-6315-4D8E-9543-8E28A4E18C4C/dxwebsetup.exe

Download the latest source code for xnaMugen: http://www.codeplex.com/xnamugen/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx

Extract the source into it's own directory. Example: C:\Code\xnaMugen\

Open the file 'xnaMugen.sln' in the code directory. It will open in Visual Studio 2008 Express. In Visual Studio, open the 'Build' menu and click on 'Configuration Manager'. Set the 'Active Solution Configuration' to either 'Debug', 'Release' or 'Release - Diagnostic'. Click close. Open the 'Build' menu and click on 'Build Solution'. This will build xnaMugen from source.

The program file 'xnaMugen.exe' will be in the '\xnaMugen\bin\' directory. Move this file into your MUGEN directory with 'xnaMugen.ini'. You should how be able to run xnaMugen.
Re: Compiling xnaMugen
#2  January 30, 2009, 01:20:40 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
quick question, i already have visual studio 2005, can i use that instead of 2008?
#3  January 30, 2009, 06:39:46 am
Yes.
#4  February 08, 2009, 07:52:47 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Just for the sake of the thread, what minimum version of .NET is needed?

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#5  February 08, 2009, 08:27:58 pm
New #6  March 19, 2009, 11:16:32 pm
I wanted to know if this is similar to the xna games you can play on the xbox 360. And if so can I put this on the 360 like other xna games?

http://creators.xna.com/en-US/downloads

http://creators.xna.com/en-US/

I understand that this might not get approved by Microsoft, but I don't think we need MS. I think all we need is the ability to use xna and put it on our 360's our selves as long as we share all the files here. That way we could make our own xna games and not go through xbox marketplace.

Since this is open source I think this should be able to work, like I said I know this would never be approved by MS but could be possible to do. The only down side is that it is free to make windows and zune xna games but to put xna games on your xbox you need to be a premium member.

Ready to get started? Great! Follow these easy instructions to get going with the XNA Game Studio 3.0 Beta.

Step 1: Before you Begin….

This is a pre-release version of XNA Game Studio 3.0. Many new features are available for you to try, but Xbox 360 Deployment of your games is not enabled in this pre-release.

If you are already making an Xbox 360 game using XNA Game Studio 2.0, you may either:

Convert the game to a Windows game project in XNA Game Studio 3.0, continue development, and then convert it to an Xbox 360 project when XNA Game Studio 3.0 reaches its final release.
Continue using XNA Game Studio 2.0.

Xbox LIVE Community Games will require that your game be created in XNA Game Studio 3.0, so we encourage you to download the Beta and try the new features.

In addition, XNA Game Studio 3.0 and Visual Studio 2008 does not interfere with XNA Game Studio 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005, so even if you decide to continue your project in XNA Game Studio 2.0, you may safely install this Beta and try it out without interfering with your work in progress.

Step 2: Install Visual Studio 2008 and the XNA Game Studio 3.0 Beta

Ready to get started with the Beta? Follow these easy instructions:

If you have previously installed the XNA Game Studio 3.0 Community Technical Preview (CTP), remove it by clicking your Start Menu, Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs, and selecting Microsoft XNA Game Studio 3.0 (CTP). You will be prompted to restart your system - please do restart at this time; failing to do so may cause problems installing XNA Game Studio 3.0 Beta.
Install either Visual Studio 2008 (Standard Edition or Higher), or download and install Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for free:

Download Visual C# 2008 Express Edition (you do not need the service pack)

Finally, download and install the XNA Game Studio 3.0 Beta:
Download XNA Game Studio 3.0 Beta (the beta is over, please download the final 3.0 Game Studio release)

You do not need to uninstall XNA Game Studio 2.0 or Visual Studio 2005 – in fact, if you want to use Starter Kits from the XNA Creators Club Online Website with this Beta, you must keep XNA Game Studio 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005 on your system. Instructions on using 2.0 Starter Kits with this Beta can be found in the FAQ.

You can read post-installation notes for this Beta in the Readme document, available online:

View Readme for the XNA Game Studio 3.0 Beta (the beta is over, please view the final 3.0 readme)

Step 3: Convert Your Projects

Do you have existing XNA Game Studio projects you need to convert to XNA Game Studio 3.0 Beta? Read on:

If your game project is from XNA Game Studio 2.0, simply open the game project file in XNA Game Studio 3.0 and follow the steps you see on the screen.
If your game project is from the XNA Game Studio 3.0 CTP, view the XNA Game Studio 3.0 README for detailed information on how to convert the project.

Now that XNA Game Studio 3.0 it released is should be poessible right?
Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 12:53:02 am by bigdave629