YesNoOk

Capcom VS SNK W 2.8 (Read 81954 times)

Started by rednavi, March 14, 2009, 12:21:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: capcom vs snk w 2.8
#21  April 02, 2009, 05:46:18 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
(excessively drooling on the screenshots)
#22  April 05, 2009, 12:24:13 am
    • USA
A little bit more of info

REAL THIRD CHANGELOG (with some info I posted before + new one):

- Challenge and Survival result screen totally revamped, now shows your teammode, a portrait of your character, the mode (survival or challenge modes), a grade based on your groove points, how many enemies you defeated and a rank depending of how far you managed to make it. Of course the gaphics are totally new.

Challenge mode have rank names depending of when you loose, this mean loosing on a certain mission or round gives you a certain rank, there are 101 unique ranks and each round has it's own rank name until round 101 where you get the same rank from there to ahead.

Survival mode have generic rank names based on how far you made it only and not on which mission you lost as there are no missions in survival mode (still survival mode have it's own rank names too and only a very few ranks are shared between modes).

Challenge mode ends at round 85 as in previous versions but you can try getting further and keep fighting on infinite "ultimate mission" fights if you want and will still get a better rank.

In case you dont know about it challenge mode is an alternative way to play the common survival mode from mugen with a twist, after round 10 (so from 11 inclusive to ahead) you start challenge mode where you play different challenges (called missions) and have different kind of disadvantages like getting more damage from enemy attacks, having to defeat the enemy in less than "X" seconds or loosing life by time. Each mission last for 5 rounds and after one mission is cleared you pass to the next one. There are 15 unique missions, 5 rounds each, 10 normal rounds + 75 mission rounds = 85 rounds in total to finish challenge mode. I won't add new missions in this version but there were several touches to avoid bugs and to optimize coding.

Normal survival mode can be played by using the second player on it so you can play any of both modes without any complications. Also can play it by just using another team style rather than solo style.

- Challenge mode can be played even if the enemy is setted on tag style, It was like this before but I didnt realize it until now... IT'S NOT A BUG IT'S A FEATURE!!! Anyway, not it is a feature ^^ (I can fix it but I actually prefer it this way now).

- In challenge mode When you are in danger status the music changes, also death missions have a special song too now (like the time attack and poison missions which also have other songs).

- Font changed for the names on the winquote screen... again! Also tweaked it a little bit.

- Added an explod that tells you can skip the winquote screen by pushing start when a scene is next.

- Team style selection fonts revamped.

- Other stuff changed in the character select screen (like portrait markers and intro for that screen).

- Changed loading screen.

- Changed transparency on the status display animations, now it has a fluid transparency transition.

- Remade gradients in the different data displayed at the top of the lifebars. Also STAGE 10 is now named FINAL STAGE.

- Remade the round start font animation (the words displayed), used the same font style but changed size, position, gradient and the way the transparency is handled (now changes every frame for better transition between the words).

- Of course, more coding optimization (including a fix in the special intros for char vs char in tag team situations, a bug I almost forgot to fix but it's fixed now :P).

- Palfx you get from missions are active now before roundstate < 2 instead of roundstate = 2 to ahead.

- Time doubles when tag vs tag (so the hurry up explod and song also comes alot later, 25 seconds before time over, like in normal battles). Also the hurry up moment comes out a couple of seconds later then before.

If you people have to ask something to be included do it now or never before I finish it, just dont ask about ZOMG IORI or something like that :P
#23  April 05, 2009, 01:44:53 am
    • USA
...wow...
#24  April 05, 2009, 01:53:50 am
What about a MVC-ish tag team support where your other team partner jumps in and both perform their supers as a combination.  :) 

BC

#25  April 05, 2009, 02:17:11 am
    • UK
looking very crisp, nice graphics looking forward to this.

but LOL @ violent kens hair  ;D
Accepting commissions
#26  April 06, 2009, 12:39:51 am
  • GITF (we the best)
    • ghostintheflesh.all-forum.net/
his hair is thicker than afro thunder from ready to rumble i bet it has all types of critters inside of that thing lol
#27  April 07, 2009, 12:36:15 am
    • USA
too bad I can't use HI RES VS screen :(

also no MVC tag team system, that would trigger too many bugs if 2 characters are on the screen at the same time, remember that I created the tag system to prevent 2 people of the same team to be on the screen at the same time, also I would have to code which super to be the one that's gonna be used in that double super for each character and that work for something that's not even something good on this is noth worthly already. also this is CVS :P..., and mugen is already broken as it is, let's not make it more broken...

meh, I can't find a decent hi res violent ken art besides his SVC artwork &gt;_&gt;

#28  April 08, 2009, 06:58:06 pm
  • Riot of the Hadou
    • marancv.infinitymugenteam.com
i found this in the net
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

and Imade this time ago(portrait). use if wish

Thanks, Buckus.
#29  April 08, 2009, 11:51:50 pm
    • USA
spoiler pic is not useful, it's just too weird, the second one is cool but I need the whole image (on hi res)
#30  April 09, 2009, 11:12:35 pm
  • Riot of the Hadou

touched up the face a little

Thanks, Buckus.
#31  April 17, 2009, 12:37:55 am
    • USA
Thanks for the image, it was really useful, added to the ptroject and also added Marancv to the special thanks for the edit:

Im almost over with story mode, and then I'll move to the rest of the lifebars and the unlocking system.

Also the project includes a few KO samples done by Drex to swap the KO sounds with the ones he edited which are better (at least for me), anyway that's just optional...
#32  April 17, 2009, 01:37:15 am
  • DAT SAX
"wish to be dead"

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#33  April 17, 2009, 01:38:17 am
    • USA
agh! I forgot to change that line >_<! It was one of the parts in the dialogue I was suppose to change &gt;_&gt;, gonna fix it today thanks for pointing it out.
#34  April 17, 2009, 02:20:53 am
  • Riot of the Hadou
np, glad it was useful

Thanks, Buckus.
#35  April 17, 2009, 02:32:38 am
  • DAT SAX
o_o wat

Marancv, I pointed it out.

My MUGEN shit:
#36  April 17, 2009, 04:20:04 am
  • Riot of the Hadou

Thanks, Buckus.
#37  April 17, 2009, 05:15:38 am
  • DAT SAX
quote next time then lol

My MUGEN shit:
#38  April 17, 2009, 06:07:51 am
    • USA
Everyone, remind me to upgrade me computer.
IM CAPTAIN COMMANDO!
#39  July 03, 2009, 01:33:03 am
    • USA

So I had to do this...

anyway, I'll make a pole and let you decide, basically im missing the next stuff:

- Akuma's path ending
- mission path screen for challenge mode
- other lifebars
- a way to unlock the secrets

I can finish the ending and the missing path screen but the other 2... well, I just dont have enough time, power of will, or just inspiration to make the lifebars so...

I'll let you decide, after I finish the first 2 things, should I release this or just wait until I make the other 2 things?
Re: Capcom VS SNK W 2.8
#40  July 03, 2009, 03:08:50 am
    • USA
I say you should wait for Warusaki3 to release a fighter from the SNK side.