YesNoOk

Kongou from Warzard/Red Earth 1.00b (Read 6514 times)

Started by Doggiedoo, April 12, 2009, 01:08:50 pm
Share this topic:
Kongou from Warzard/Red Earth 1.00b
#1  April 12, 2009, 01:08:50 pm

Patch from 1.00 at SendSpace
Full download at SendSpace

VERSION HISTORY:

-1.00b:
   -Fixed super armour hitvel accumulation.
   -Added some envshake to jump landings.
   -Kongou can now walk and jump from "crouching".

-1.00:
   -Initial release.

TO-DO LIST:
-Bug fixes/tweaks

CREDITS:
-Capcom for Warzard
-Kong for most of the sprites
-[E] for mame builds for ripping sprites
-Winane for XOR AI activation method

Long overdue, but here he is. Kinda no-frills at the moment; gameplay from Warzard is implemented plus some custom mode embellishments and some basic AI, but no new moves yet. Overall, he's quite a basic character, but should be fine as a giant mook.

No plans for further characters until my uni research project is complete; when a lecturer says you'll lose a lot of sleep, believe it. X_X I will try to update Blade, Valdoll and Ravange's hit velocities after this semester though.

Comments & criticism welcome.

EDIT: fixed link :P
EDIT: fixed link again >_>
Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 12:32:59 pm by Doggiedoo
Re: Kongou from Warzard/Red Earth
#2  April 12, 2009, 01:42:39 pm
  • Origin of Darkness
    • www.freewebs.com/demandforce/
I already have one make by YoungKirei but I will try this out  ;D

I like this kind of char  :) Demon Dragon Devil, and anything along those lines.  :sugoi:

Let see witch one is more inhumane  >:D

† Today you beg for your life, but one day you will beg me for your death †
#3  April 12, 2009, 01:59:57 pm
  • ◄ フェニックス・エンドソング►
    • Indonesia
I can expect great gameplay from you Doggiedoo, trying him out.
#4  April 12, 2009, 02:22:22 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
You made my Easter DD, I was praying you'd do Kongou eventually, now I can rest at ease.
#5  April 12, 2009, 04:49:54 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
He plays wonderfully, two things of feedback though that might be of use
-The jump land could really use an envshake, just a tiny one to give the right feel.
-This might be of use too in the crouching states to allow walking and jumping if down is held:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Simple but effective.
#6  April 12, 2009, 04:57:34 pm
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
finally you released this char!!!

you made the best kongou ever!  ;D

This creation is much better than that of kong and the other by YoungKirei!!

you are the man doggiedoo!!! lol  ;D
#7  April 12, 2009, 05:48:17 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
That good, eh?
I'll give him a download, then, and i'll give you some feedback 'ere.

EDIT: Yeah, what KFM up there said.
Great character, nonetheless.
Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 05:58:20 pm by Demon Spawn
#8  April 12, 2009, 07:18:42 pm
Thanks for the feedback! Those jump/walk triggers'd be useful for the other bosses as well. Thought that people would keep them as AI opponents, so I got a bit lazy. ;P  I'll aim to update him sometime tomorrow, including any bugfixes. Other bosses may wait until their vels are adjusted in a group patch.
#9  April 12, 2009, 07:28:37 pm
  • Candy Princess
    • www.youtube.com/user/LaMissFa1ry
Outstanding! I'm so glad to see you still make creations. I'll try to get some feedback out there for you, I feel badly I was swamped with RL stuff when Leo got released.

I can't help but wonder, though. Do you think you'll ever get around to making Lavia, Nool, Hauzer? (Mostly Lavia, though.) My private version of her is quite a bit better then the one that got released but it would pale in comparison to your work. <3

Cheers~
#10  April 13, 2009, 02:49:49 am
Might work on one of them on and off, but at this stage I'd prefer not to commit to a deadline. o_O  If so it will probably be Lavia; her aerial gameplay makes her more interesting than the other two IMO.

EDIT: Your sig is disturbingly mesmerising. D:
#11  April 13, 2009, 04:20:01 am
  • Candy Princess
Oh for sure. Since you have RL business I'd imagine it will be a while. I figured it was worth an ask, though. :P Gives us a glimmer of hope you'll be active behind the scenes Heh.

Hahaha, thank you! I thought so too actually. >.>""
#12  April 13, 2009, 05:59:56 am
  • Sucks to your Numerology!
Awesome, a Kongou who doesn't suck!

And hey, good luck on your work - working on a thesis here, so I understand.  What subject?

Now you can never unsee it.
Re: Kongou from Warzard/Red Earth 1.00b
#13  April 13, 2009, 12:47:34 pm
Minor update with suggested features + bugfix for knockback building up from super/hyper armor. Patch in the first post.

My research project is based in computer vision. The current task is to design an image matching/stitching system that is near 100% accurate, can handle images from multiple cameras and video streams, is able to update a large database of identified scenes/panoramas in real time, is able to handle noisy images (e.g. overtly blurred images or ones that don't match any scenes in the surveillance area) and can operate under extremely difficult conditions (e.g. correctly seperating images from two corridors where the corridors look near identical). It should also recognise any errors it has made and correct them over time. Existing methods that achieve any of the above do so either at the expense of accuracy, computational efficiency, or general applicability.

Good news is I'm apparently not expected to succeed (given that the biggest experts in the field are trying and so far have failed to solve this problem), and any advances I do make will be considered quite impressive for a pre-Masters student. :P Not to mention that's the first stage of a research project that's due at the end of the year. :gonkgoi:
Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 12:51:28 pm by Doggiedoo
#14  April 13, 2009, 03:16:53 pm
you could say wich agency, company, or government agency you work for in the first place instead of this waste of teasing people if you are so on the thought you in any way represent the cutting edge research team on human technology wich is pretty much under discussion considering the world is much wilder than the picture all you express represents and many like me are aware of.
Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 03:20:46 pm by Ohsky
#15  April 13, 2009, 03:47:02 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
you could say wich agency, company, or government agency you work for in the first place instead of this waste of teasing people if you are so on the thought you in any way represent the cutting edge research team on human technology wich is pretty much under discussion considering the world is much wilder than the picture all you express represents and many like me are aware of.
i dont see that as a "waste of teasing people"...he's explaining what he does and that is pretty interesting actually

ontopic: great char, as always, i just wish there was some more hypers :)
#16  April 13, 2009, 04:12:27 pm
Ohsky:
I "work" for the university, I guess. Except I'm paying them instead of the other way round, apart from tutoring. :P

It's just a 4th year research project selected by a senior lecturer, and I may not know what my findings are used for (if anything) or who the stakeholders are. And again, students are not always expected to solve these problems; we can get good marks by justifying why the project failed. Apparently, the lecturer's idea is to start off with massive goals, then impose more and more constraints as difficulties arise. At worst, we're hoping for a system that makes use of some recent methods in concert.

Wasn't my first choice for a research topic (others were much more reasonable), but apparently the lecturer has no other students to do this with, and wants this done to suppliment one of his own software projects.

EDIT: BTW, I exaggerated some aspects of the project out of spite; just a bit peeved they put a docterate-level project in the hands of a fresh graduate, and didn't tell me I wasn't actually required to complete it. >_<
EDIT2: ...but it IS kinda fun, so far. :D

Djoulz:
Yeah, I was hoping to add a custom hyper, but all my ideas either copied YoungKirei's Kongou, or needed quite a bit of spritework. Mebbe a hyper grab or something could be added later.
Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 05:11:26 pm by Doggiedoo
#17  April 13, 2009, 06:44:59 pm
  • Candy Princess
After testing him I'd say he's pretty solid.

My only suggestion would be to add the option to make him become and stay enraged at low health which would be directly accurate to warzard I think. (I don't remember that move being used like a super. I think he just did it at the end to try and kick your ass, didn't he?)