YesNoOk

Does King of Fighters suck? (Read 20689 times)

Started by Ashurex, April 13, 2009, 05:06:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Does King of Fighters suck?
#21  April 13, 2009, 03:08:52 pm
  • Origin of Darkness
    • www.freewebs.com/demandforce/
Some one did tell me about KoF at first it's a rip off of Street Fighter. they see SF make it big time so they start to do some thing similar (too similar)

when the time past by and they start to have they own style.

but yeah the art work it not what most people would like.

so they go for the cute girls :P they put many hot one in they game just to get some fan  --;

If it not for those girls KoF won't making it this far with they gameplay alone  :-\

† Today you beg for your life, but one day you will beg me for your death †
#22  April 13, 2009, 03:15:21 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
LOL

which is why kof xii has only 2 girls in the 20 character roster, amirite.
#23  April 13, 2009, 03:28:32 pm
  • Origin of Darkness
    • www.freewebs.com/demandforce/
and that why I don't play KoF XII  ;D (I don't play KoF except in CVS ;) )

† Today you beg for your life, but one day you will beg me for your death †
#24  April 13, 2009, 03:31:17 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
This thread could've perfectly ended with the first reply. :(
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#25  April 13, 2009, 03:32:26 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
#26  April 13, 2009, 03:35:43 pm
  • Wandering....
I'm a diehard capcom fan and only tried my first KOf game on KOF 99 and it was cool dude and it hook me up to the series. more than GGX and MK series. try it.
#27  April 13, 2009, 03:38:36 pm
if you take in account that athena is a trap and leona is doing a sex change out of competition about manliness with ther teammates, there are no girls in XII
ash is walrus
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#28  April 13, 2009, 04:02:41 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#29  April 13, 2009, 04:16:14 pm
  • corner push pusher
KOF sucks because:
- designers always fuck with the fighters moves. imo its always never for the better
- too slow
- kof xi's shion and that other boss
- tired sprite design (but that won't be the issue with kof xii)

Other than that it's cool. Reiterating again

why dont you try it
#30  April 13, 2009, 04:45:15 pm
Some one did tell me about KoF at first it's a rip off of Street Fighter. they see SF make it big time so they start to do some thing similar (too similar)
Those guys are retards, you know.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#31  April 13, 2009, 04:49:02 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Every fighting game is a rip off of Street Fighter.
#32  April 13, 2009, 04:59:30 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Which itself is a rip-off of Yie Ar Kung Fu.
#33  April 13, 2009, 06:14:28 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
You know, I liked Pit Fighter as a kid...

Anyway, KoF... I never played it. I've never actually played any SNK game, aside from a SNES rom of something... I don't remember the game title.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#34  April 13, 2009, 06:15:44 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
KOF sucks because:
- designers always fuck with the fighters moves. imo its always never for the better
Nah, it keeps them (somewhat) fresh, and every now and then it's for the better and you get such cool things as "new" Kyo.  The experimental moves don't stick around if they fail anyway, I think.
Downside is how I keep forgetting which moves a char has in a particular version. >_<

- too slow
...if you play it like Street Fighter.  It's actually pretty fast.

Shion kicks ass, though I can never remember whether it's a he or a she. :S
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#35  April 13, 2009, 06:17:27 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Shion is a he.
#36  April 13, 2009, 06:28:21 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#37  April 13, 2009, 07:17:49 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
The only thing good about KOF is Terry Bogard is in it. Everyone knows he's the real king of fighters.
#38  April 13, 2009, 07:22:35 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Are you on Crack? Shoot. Are you okay? Dude, I should punch you so hard I'll Burn my Knuckle.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#39  April 13, 2009, 08:19:52 pm
  • and the show goes on
 ???......
 :-\
i don't know, to what or where this thread guide us... --;
made of ripped hearts waving far away,
only my memory stays still, as i say.
Looking to sky,
oh, how many people wished to fly?
i don't know,
beacuse life's harshness is a mainpart of god's show
#40  April 13, 2009, 08:45:15 pm
KOF sucks because:
- too slow
- tired sprite design (but that won't be the issue with kof xii)
I guess always cancels never and vice versa, so I agree it's for the better, but sometimes it's 50% 50% like 2k lin chain move > 2k1 sucky hand, it could have been better if the poison chain and normal grabs remained to be with the rdp+P moves and new command move + new sdm(I missed the poison one though), also I can't stand what kind of we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten yearsry cursed king over the years etc...

been playing too much mvc? best physics aren't what I'd call slow, also if you wanted to play faster you could

dunno if you mean by that that those bosses are a bitch but they're great designs

sprite style that still has a lot to give, try doing wonders with that "few" pixels while not fucking up, although big sprites need more time they are easier to work with(if you see what I mean, if you don't agree then you're not), small sprites will give you a hard time trying to achieve what result you had in mind, they are the bigger challenge

I'd rather complain about the unreasonable amounts of priorities and invincibilities in most bosses combined with the acceptable high damage and defense
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane