YesNoOk

same character, same box, different version (Read 1674 times)

Started by aizo, May 02, 2009, 08:56:16 pm
Share this topic:
same character, same box, different version
#1  May 02, 2009, 08:56:16 pm
I was wondering if there is a way to have let's say 3 Haohmaru's but they are on the same box in character select? I like having different version of characters like CVS ver, SS ver, etc... but I hate having 3 or 4 characters, that are the same, right beside each other. Is there a way to hide them behind each other and when I select the chracter I choose which version I want? Or at least when I move the selecter box over the profile pic, it gives me the option to choose which character?

Re: same character, same box, different version
#2  May 02, 2009, 09:02:46 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
they way you want it, with actualy different characters, nope.

the closest thing you can have  is when a character have different modes (like Ryu -> Evil Ryu) and you select the different version by pressing start.
#3  May 03, 2009, 04:48:23 am
So is that a character coding thing or is there coding by writing something in between two chracter files?
#4  May 03, 2009, 09:48:51 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
you can have 3 different chars into one, for sure, but or you will make it invencible against throws or you wil have some problems with the throws.
#5  May 03, 2009, 10:14:01 pm
And yes, you have to code it inside the character. And it's an annoyingly big load of work.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#6  May 04, 2009, 12:05:45 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
3 times plus the work, in your case.
#7  May 19, 2009, 07:54:17 pm
And honestly, not worth it

No Borders, No Nations
#8  May 20, 2009, 01:36:31 am
    • yagamic4.50megs.com/photo2_1.html
I agree with you that it sucks to have 2 or more of the same character lined up next to eachother.

I also agree with everyone else that programming them all into one character would also suck pretty hard... being as it's a total pain in the ass, and not worth it.

Here's what I do... it's somewhat of a compromise:

I try to keep those characters who have more than 1 version on the edges of my select screen.  For example, in this screenshot, Kyo and Iori are on the far left and far right of the top row:

Keep that top row in mind... now look at this line in my select screen.  This line represents the first row only:

;--------------------characters go here
Kyo Kusanagi
benimaru
Daimon
ccishingo
x
Ryo
Robert
xi_yuri
King
x
rikard
kei
EijiShirow
megumi
x
J_mai
kof_joe
Andy
Terry_WLS
x
ramonx
Seth_N
Vanessa
Iori_WLS
;--------------------leave this blank
x
x
;-------------------- secret characters go here
Iori
x
x
neokyo

So what I've done here is solved my issue that I want Kyo and Iori by KOD and Vans, but I also want them by sander.

Visible on my select screen are only 24 characters per row(20 without the spaces), but my system.def says 30 (this is the most important thing I typed right here.)

So after I finish typing the visible characters, I leave two blank spaces...  this space will send me off of the select screen when I select secret characters.

Then I have 4 spaces for secret characters... if I press right at Iori, I get an alternate Iori.  If I press left at Kyo, I get an alternate Kyo.

Hope this helped  ;D