YesNoOk

Dear Valodim (Read 18058 times)

Started by Iced, February 15, 2009, 11:19:38 pm
Re: Dear Valodim
#61  May 20, 2009, 08:03:34 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
That could be interesting.
"shamefully Elecbyte has since departed, the fan community still tries to create for mugen, if you have bought this from any source, you were ripped off, ETC"
#62  May 20, 2009, 08:09:40 pm
  • I got a PM.
I swear that using ridiculousness to point out how ridiculous something is, is completely lost on you guys sometimes.  ;P
#63  May 20, 2009, 08:10:53 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Need to make it more obvious. ;P See that smiley? It belonged in your previous post.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#64  May 20, 2009, 08:11:22 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Is this some kind of ethical dispute? Logically Guild should host it's own versions of Mugen. Last I checked every ethic involved in the engine has already been broken. All of a sudden the ethics hit the mugen hack when it involves Ash?

Special treatment much?
#65  May 20, 2009, 08:13:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Mugen plus is hosted on several places, can be found on tons of places.He is just mad because we will stop linking to him and direct people to our place instead.

Do you see any of the other hackers claiming special rights?

No, you see him, claiming rights to every one of those hackers work.Including those that hacked after him and released it to the public.
#66  May 20, 2009, 08:17:39 pm
  • I got a PM.
It's a question of personal ethics, not KFM's ethics. So no, on the special treatment. Is it ethical to respect KFM's wishes, or is it ethical to host, considering we have permission to host the original hack? Or is asking us not to host a free engine ethical.

The real question is why does KFM care. Does it have something to do with getting site visitors? If so we could be nice to him. Not because it's ethical but because we can.
#67  May 20, 2009, 08:19:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Amidst the reasons for his ban was the fact that he was merely using this to try to attract people to his site.
We are not a tool for his use.
Yes we could be nice, should we?
Read back to his "fact sheet" about why he hosts mugen and you will see that he considers he kept order on the guild.

By trying to delete it.

Be too nice to people that continuously try to use you and manipulate you and you are nothing more than a fancy doormat with a nice suit.
#68  May 20, 2009, 08:20:01 pm
    • Portugal
So I've already talked this through with KFM, and the staff already talked it through with each other which led to a democratic approval of hosting it.  Now is that tricky part where stuff needs to get done. 8)
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#69  May 20, 2009, 08:20:31 pm
    • Germany
Iced: dude you are arguing by discrediting kfm. are you sure you can be objective about this right now? :P
#70  May 20, 2009, 08:23:38 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I would like to think that yes I can, but maybe its too soon? :'(
I just see no point in trying to follow his logic on those.( I do believe he hacked it now, tho, so the readme should stay as is)
#71  May 20, 2009, 08:26:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Being nice to KFM
 or
Being nice to more members by making all versions accessible right from the home page of Guild with explanations of the differences in each versions

The only reason I could see us "just wanting to be nice" to KFM is if MFG and RS would actually collaborate on anything. How many times has KFM demanded unreasonable things?
He just likes control.

All credits to KFM and other hackers should remain intact. Including links to the sites where the hacks originated if applicable as alternate download sites.
#72  May 20, 2009, 08:27:23 pm
    • Germany
what the hell, stop arguing already!

So I've already talked this through with KFM, and the staff already talked it through with each other which led to a democratic approval of hosting it.  Now is that tricky part where stuff needs to get done. 8)

also, noone reads readme files anyways. they just give you the right to say what should happen with stuff.
#73  May 20, 2009, 08:30:11 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Oh, was a verdict reached?

What is it? Hosting it, or not?
#74  May 20, 2009, 08:40:30 pm
    • Portugal
KFM removed the Guild permission heritage page in retaliation, those comments that showed up when you wanted to download old Mugen versions from RS.  Which... may actually be better for everyone in the long run. :XD:
#75  May 20, 2009, 08:42:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
...So he removed his outright lies?... thats a good thing!

Yay! Progress!
#76  July 11, 2009, 05:55:06 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Dear Valodim.

Time to get the tool section up and running already.

Love, Iced.
#77  July 11, 2009, 06:00:44 pm
what iced said!!!