YesNoOk

KOF NESTS Conclusion (Read 132038 times)

Started by rednavi, June 14, 2009, 06:36:58 am
Share this topic:
KOF NESTS Conclusion
#1  June 14, 2009, 06:36:58 am
    • USA
Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:30:51 pm by Rednavi
Re: The reason why I stopped working on CVSW... for now: KOF NESTS Conclusion
#2  June 14, 2009, 09:36:31 am
    • USA
more images (had to split it in 2 parts, forum being gay!)

pal:

while im at it, I'll talk with the people at spriters-academy to see if they can make the work in progress thread totally public.
#3  June 14, 2009, 09:44:07 am
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
geee, that won't happen  :-*
there's a good reason why we decided to hide the mugen and wip section for non-registered users . . .
hint: it's got to do with how shitty the userbase for latin mugen forums is   ;)

nice k', but i think there's something wrong with p2's stripes in the legs, check that (bad ripping? bad color separation?)
Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:48:41 am by c00per
#4  June 14, 2009, 11:54:06 am
    • USA
I dont know what happened here, I guess tengu's post was deleted by a mod but since many people probably think the same and may post here (In a much better manner of course) I will quote him from M.I. (yes, mugen infantry :P) and answer here:

Dude, format that txt document so you don't have to scroll sideways.

eh..., what are you using to read that? the explorer itself? save the doc and use notepad ++ or just the regular notepad.

Anyways, looking at the system of this game... I have to say... wtf.

Infinite juggle points?
Air Dashing?
Parrying?
Cancel Drive?
Heat Attacks?
Chain Cancel?
OverDrive Mode?
HEALING!?!?
Neutral Move Cancel Dash?
Move Cancel Dash?
Aerial Move Cancel Dash?
Aerial Move Cancel Jump?
Move Cancel Jump?
Whiff Cancel?
Heat Cancel?
DREAM CANCELING!?! ARAAAAAAAGH!!! How much canceling bullshit can you put in this game?
Over Drive Moves?

the way you are setting this here is quite hideous, if someone doesnt read the readme before reading that list it will get a wrong idea about this game and will judge it without knowing the whole system, you can't just set it up like that, it looks like you barely read the readme file and instead just posted the name of each one of the system things here.

infinite juggle points: you say that without saying that the enemy can recover like in GGXX, if people dont know that then they will believe it's a KOF with plain LP on corner infinites.

parrying: its not SF3 >_<! parry acts like in KOF: MI, nothing really weird there for me.

cancel drive: that's the GLOBAL name of the whole cancelling system regarding this game, this is similar to the roman cancel from GGXX but with a lot of tweaks, all the stuff you mentioned after "HEALING!!" and before "DREAMCANCEL?!" are sub systems of that system, naming all those in one big line doesn't proove anything and wont make your point more valid.

heat attacks?: seriously, it's just a damn dust-like attack :P, replaces the less-useful CD-attack atleast...

chain cancel: hello? KOF 02? KOF NW? KOFZ? yeah, im stupid for trying to use a similar concept...

overdrive mode: OK, this is totally weird if you dont read the readme, so I guess you didnt then..., also healing = here

DREAMCANCELLING!: OMG What da fuck is wrong with ME!!!

Overdrive moves!!!: OMG! ANOTHER WAY TO SAY MAX2!!!

I knew someone was going to go all like SNK-fanboy, I also knew you were going to be one of the first ones, no surprise there, I also remember writing on the readme some lines about "SNK-purist fanboys wont like this", but once you have the chance to play it you  will realize that this doesnt really play like a GGXX at all, even with the stuff I added. the chains and whatnot are still faithful to their SNK counterpart and the system is way more developed than what you think.

just... keep reading, and if you dont want to read it all then dont post, people shouldnt post if they dont want to read it all, seriously

What the fuck... it sounds like you're taking KOF characters and fagging them up with Guilty Gear/Melty Blood shit. Seriously, for a full KOF game, this is HORRIBLE. What the hell are you thinking. I mean... wow... there is just too many mechanics, it's insane. How do you expect people to play this game when it has so many mechanics and features that over saturate the gameplay? There's so many different kinds of attacks and cancels... it's insane. KOF is supposed to be a classic traditional fighting game without any over the top nonsense seen in more contemporary fighting games.

seriously, last time I checked no one is actually able to say what or what not is a HORRIBLE concept for a fighting game, and a concept that mix stuff from other fighitng games into this one is not a huge change actually, its not like mixing GRADIUS + KOF.

people nowadays play with joysticks with 2 analogs, 1 digital pad, over 10 buttons and sensitivity control, seriously, they can take a game like this and if they can't then they shouldnt play it. dont understimate people. also what you refer to "cancelling"... I just added the cancel drive system, it's not a huge change at all, just a roman cancel-like  over KOF gameplay. also KOF is everything except a traditional and simple game at the point of 2000 to ahead, men stop playing KOF 94 please and go get some... M.I. atleast.

Then there is the teams... Jimmy from ROTD on Kyo's team? Why the hell is Jhun on Terry's team? Intel Team? With Malin? Woman's Team is a total disgrace because Mai is the only "woman" on the team. B.Jenet should be on there. Also who are these newcomers gonna be? Who can possibly fill these spots that an already established well KOF character couldnt? I sure hope they aren't some K' or Kula palette swap/edits.

And are you really going to make all of those characters from scratch?

oh yeah, K.O.D. can add jimmy on his fullgame but I cant because my game has storyline right? cool &gt;_&gt;. eh... Jhun is because.... read the readme... again. oh yeah, malin shouldnt be in the game at all because you dont like it, maybe shing should as SNK seems to like to put him on weird teams for almost no apparent reason....
oh, woman team... I said that the teams should have a good storyline around them, I can't use whatver I want, you have to understand that that woman team is better than nothing. they are still women anyway..., same reason with the newcomers, everything is storyline-wise...
#5  June 14, 2009, 09:42:02 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
You should post a gameplay video soon, so people dont get the wrong idea about the game mechanism.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#6  June 14, 2009, 09:45:10 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Those palettes does not look good.
My shitty mugen stuff:
#7  June 15, 2009, 11:20:57 pm
    • USA
#8  June 16, 2009, 04:58:34 am
  • Riot of the Hadou
    • marancv.infinitymugenteam.com
bad color choices :-\. i could -if ya want- send you some as soon as i get back to my lap..

Thanks, Buckus.
Probably the most useless thing ever created for mugen!!
#9  June 20, 2009, 12:39:34 am
    • USA
SCREENSHOTTO MODO! or screenshot mode!

first of all the pause menu from my game: finished! or something like that...

BUT! if you press the "Y" button anytime, you go to...

:D

basically in this mode everything regarding the lifebars or messages get's removed and you can take a clean shot (yes, you can remove the messages in this mode). But the really novelty is the ability to apply either a color filter, a special effect, or both at the same time :D

yeah, a really stupid thing! but also original atleast :P, feel free to tell me your filter or effect ideas if you want, there are currently 14 filters and 20 effects (including full screen effects and others like inverting the BG or adding something to each character's face, and other silly things). the effects are just a 1 frame explods so they arent animated. those things are just for screenshot mode btw, once outside of it those effects gets removed.
#10  June 20, 2009, 12:55:21 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
"SETTED"? =P It's "set".

Maybe you could use this to add training mode features like that other guy...
#11  June 20, 2009, 01:00:08 am
    • USA
thank you vans for not insulting me while telling me that like that "other guy at M.I." ;P

yes, there's a DUMMY SETTINGS menu too! but it's only available when you are on training mode, that menu is almost done.

EDIT: gonna fix the set today :P, but is that really a typo? or just sounds weird? I dont use that word too often &gt;_&gt;

EDIT2: spriter's academy version is available to public now.
Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:34:35 am by Rednavi
#12  June 20, 2009, 02:32:14 am
  • DAT SAX
Yes, the past tense of "set" is "set". Lol English. :P

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#13  June 20, 2009, 11:09:01 pm
    • USA
I fixed the typo :D

meh, all the filters, im leaving for now, see ya later...

of course some WILL be changed or tweaked

btw, im planning a special filter which needs lots of K' original edits, does anyone want to make a contest about that here? so the wiinners will be included on that filter

GT

#14  June 20, 2009, 11:12:04 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
LOL @ Poor Tengu!
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#15  June 21, 2009, 02:58:16 am
    • USA
fixed this a little bit:

pause menu recognizes your player number:

and how the life is displayed on the status screen:

examples of how filters + effects may work:

KOF NESTS Conclusion
#16  August 11, 2009, 11:30:20 pm
    • USA
Pffff... do you think I'm gonna quit so easy? Forget it! I wont let c00per edits go to waste just like that  :)

Now that CVSW is finished (Minus the ending but that's Felo's stuff) I can continue with this:

LIGHT HITSPARK:

STRONG HITSPARK:

GUARD SPARK:

NEW GUARD CRUSH:

CRIMSON STAR ROAD:

Next: Code the combo counter so it will show the real hit count (U know fullgame stuff).

Guard crush: the cristal pieces will bounce once they reach the floor :D

Combo dampener finished damnit!

hitsparks works like CVS (You know, how they fade out).

This is the actual system (Changed lots of things, nerfed stuff), I'll update the link at the first page once someone from SprAc updates it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jnzwfmmzu0g
Re: KOF NESTS Conclusion
#17  August 17, 2009, 10:28:25 pm
  • Riot of the Hadou
    • marancv.infinitymugenteam.com
the guard crush effect is beautiful!  :)

Thanks, Buckus.
#18  August 18, 2009, 01:46:37 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
What engine are you using for this, Red? M.U.G.E.N. could never look this good on a side bet.
#19  August 18, 2009, 05:30:18 am
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
it's mugren
#20  August 18, 2009, 06:24:24 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
I want to see a preview video of this someday soon!!  :sugoi: