• USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Oh shit. LOL
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
Re: Capcom VS SNK W 2.8
#63  July 21, 2009, 04:54:40 am
  • I changed it to match my WIP
    • USA
Can you just please release it, already? I want to play it now.
Spoiler: Works In Progress (click to see content)
#64  July 21, 2009, 06:09:56 am
  • DAT SAX
shut up

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#65  July 21, 2009, 09:05:54 am
Good job for such great work Rednavi. I'm still using your low-res screenpak. You're a pro in graphics. Keep it up.
#66  July 22, 2009, 02:58:26 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
"challenge mode" looks interesting
Re: capcom vs snk w 2.8
#67  July 22, 2009, 04:12:44 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#68  July 23, 2009, 11:19:50 pm
    • USA
- You can now select the song you want to hear during the final round by holding a direction before the round starts. Each direction corresponds to a song and only the player 1 (The character or team to the left) has the ability to choose the song since it's that team the one who has the helper who triggers the song.

- In ARCADE MODE you will have new song changes during the BOSS and TRUE BOSS fights, there work similar to the ones in STORY MODE except that the songs are randomly decided between 3 assigned songs for the ARCADE MODE. The song randomly changes each round after the first one and they don't depend of the boss' actions (Since the bosses on ARCADE MODE won't EX INSTALL). Now you know why I kept that ridiculous long song of like 90 seconds in the .SND file :P, it really gets used in TAG STYLE vs TAG STYLE matches where the time limit doubles (Assuming you don't get raped by the bosses).

- Any kind of moments in ARCADE MODE or STORY MODE where the music changes will have a higher priority over the final round songs so they wont get played but instead the selected music for those modes will be.

- This means there's no final round song for STORY MODE either on the BOSS and TRUE BOSS fights, instead the song assigned to the "last round of a mission" (Also used as one of the final round songs actually) will play on the third round. The song assigned has a lower priority than the one when the boss is about to die on the TRUE BOSS stage so it will get replaced with it once that moment get's reached.

- Also no hurry up songs will come out either during those special situations, this means those songs wont be interrupted at all unless the match is over.

- K Groove will be affected by anything that should affect the groove gauge now like when you are on the CLASSIC MISSIONS on CHALLENGE MODE where you're supposed to not to be able to use any super special moves at all or when you are on SHADOW MODE (That's if you unlocked the special modes in the extra options to be available for you to use) where you have unlimited groove gauge power. It wasnt like that before.

- In case no one paid attention I fixed that survival mode bug where after a few rounds the characters who dont have an AI will just jump or block but wont attack at all, I discovered a stupid bug MUGEN has with this mode, seems like the characters DO share they variables between rounds like if they were the same character actually, and so if a character with AI comes first and activates it (VAR(59)=1) then the next character wont be able to attack in the next round unless he actually has an AI coded on him (Because everything that arent AI changestates have the line "triggerall = !Var(59)" so the AI wont get in random states by pressing random buttons). Maybe we should actually discuss this little thing later on the mugen discussions section or something like that...

- Seems like I fixed any bugs regarding intro skipping (In part thanks to SyN who gave me a workaround on that regarding the song triggering), I'll have to check this out a little bit more before releasing but so far I tweaked anything that needed to be tweaked in order for the whole system to work correctly even after skipping the intros. So yep... intros can be skipped, even on TAG STYLE. Well, seems like it's perfect so far regarding statechanges, music triggering and mission-wise.

- Finishing the STORY MODE will give you a password which is in fact a part of it. There are a total of 4 parts of the password to get and each EX BOSS holds a part. The way to get the password is easy, just beat the EX BOSS with any character and once you pass to the winquote screen you will get to a new scene where you will get a part of the password. Which part of the password you get depends of who was the EX BOSS. Once you get all the parts of the password you will be able to use it to gain access to a patch that will let you use the SPECIAL MODES where you will be able to select a certain advantage or disadvantage for your team. There modes are just for fun and the game will prevent you from using them in an abusable way soon or late (Like not being able to use them at all on STORY or CHALLENGE MODE).

- SFIV announcer added on the KO, DBKO and TIME OVER situations, now each one of those situations have 3 samples for them.

- Totally changed the NEW CHALLENGER scene, this time it will use the digital scheme this game currently has (With the new fonts and all).

- Removed the random select icon :( . I wanted to include it but I can't due to the way the battles are set like, otherwise you would end up un the bosses and extra battles row where there are duplicates of the characters already available and also wouldn't be able to get out of that row and hence limited to a very few chars (The ones repeated on that row).

- Of course due to the previous point I had to rearrange a few slots, and while I was doing that I decided to change the fonts for the status types again.

BETA version of some ending scenes (need some help with one BG and a few sprites for... "???")

Other stuff

#69  July 24, 2009, 01:23:54 pm
Good job and great update Rednavi.  :sugoi:

But your fans are dieing to know when you'll release this. ;P
They even want know which day, hour, minutes and if you can, at which second you'll release it. ;D
#70  July 24, 2009, 08:17:43 pm
i loved your making.................. is this the best Mugen 4 ever!! i liked very mutch... But your fans are dieing to know when you'll release this is this true!!...  Thx!! rapaz ta muito legal esse teu Mugen cara, posta ai p galera ver e babar no teu release, PLZ... valews brother!!
#71  July 25, 2009, 11:11:07 pm
    • USA
I think no one expected this :D, I added some new crap into it...

Extracted from the readme:

Ever wondered WTF are those icons in the top section of the winquote screen? Well, those are special icons called "W BOOST ICONS".

This feature is new to this version and it has no real purpose in terms of unlockables and whatnot (Bah, give thanks you have something to unlock on this >_> , remember that this is not a fullgame, also MUGEN :P ), is just an extra element to add replayability, fun and to press yourself into getting a better or certain result.

Basically the W BOOST system will give you a certain icon depending of how you played the last round of the battle. This doesn't mean that you will only get W BOOST icons by playing "right" as you can actually get many different icons by just doing certain things or taking certain decisions while fighting, I mean sometimes all you need is "luck" to get a certain icon ;) .

The W BOOST icons are divided into 13 categories and each one is independant of the anothers. Each category also has it's own number of possible icons to get on it, sometimes you have plenty of ways to get an icon on that category, sometimes a few, sometimes only one way and sometimes no way at all on your current state.

The next grid will show each icon category and how to get each possible icon on it. Keep in mind that only one icon is possible per category and there are icons that will override other icons depending of how hard each one is to get, also some caregories have a possible "overall" icon to get which needs the complexion of all the previous icon requests in that category.

The categories are ordered as they appear on the winquote screen, to know how each icon looks like open the "WBOOST.BMP" file that comes with this fullgame system and check the names of the icons here to identify them on the image.

CATEGORY 1: ROUND FINISH.
- FLASHY FINISH: Super special move/ Super combo/ Original combo finish.
- FINEST FINISH: Finest KO finish (Overrides above icons).
- CHEAP FINISH: Cheap KO finish (Overrides above icons).
- OVERTIME: Win by time over.

CATEGORY 2: MAX COMBO.
- COMBO LV.1: Make a combo of 25 hits or more.
- COMBO LV.2: Make a combo of 50 hits or more (Overrides above icons).
- COMBO LV.3: Make a combo of 75 hits or more (Overrides above icons).
- COMBO LV.MAX: Make a combo of 99 hits or more (Overrides above icons).

CATEGORY 3: MOVE LIMITER.
- BASIC STYLE: No super special moves were used at all.
- MELEE MASTER: No special moves and no super special moves were used at all (Overrides above icons).

CATEGORY 4: LIFE.
- LAST STAND: End the battle with 1 HP.
- HALFWAY TO END: End with exactly 50% of life.
- PERFECTIONIST: End with 100% of life and without getting hit or guard an attack.

CATEGORY 5: GROOVE GAUGE USAGE.
- MAX GROOVE: End with your Groove gauge with full power.
- ZERO GROOVE: End with your Groove gauge empty.
- CLASSIC GROOVE: Groove gauge power wasn't used at all (Overrides above icons).

CATEGORY 6: DEFENSIVE.
- KNIGHT ARMOR: Guarded a lot.
- QUICK STAND: Safe fall more than 4 times (Overrides above icons).
- DEFENSIVE TACTIC: Just defend more than 9 times (Overrides above icons).
- OFFENSIVE DEFENSE: Parry/blocking more than 5 times (Overrides above icons).
- DEFENSIVE MASTER: Atleast 3 of the requisites above (Overrides above icons).

CATEGORY 7: OFFENSIVE.
- QUICK COMEBACK: Did a reversal.
- EL FUERTE: Perform a normal grab more than 5 times (Overrides above icons).
- COUNTER ARTIST: Deal a counter more than 8 times (Overrides above icons).
- OFFENSIVE MASTER: All of the requisites above (Overrides above icons).

CATEGORY 8: SYSTEM LIMITER.
- WALKER: Didn't use dash, backdash or run at all.
- VINCIBLE: Didn't use roll or dodge at all (Overrides above icons).
- GROUNDRULER: Didn't jump once in the entire match (Overrides above icons).
- SYSTEM LIMITER MASTER: All of the requisites above (Overrides above icons).

CATEGORY 9: FIRST ATTACK.
- FIRST ATTACK: Dealt the first attack of the entire match.

CATEGORY 10: TAUNT.
- SAIKYO FAN: Taunted more than 7 times.

CATEGORY 11: GROOVE POINTS.
- LUCKY GROOVE: Finished with a total of 77.777 or 777.777 Groove Points.
- NEGATIVE EDGE: Finished with a negative Groove Points value.
- RESTART: Finished with a total of 100.00 Groove Points.

CATEGORY 12: GROOVE SELECTION.
- FAIR GROOVE: Didn't use EX GROOVE.

CATEGORY 13: TAG STYLE ONLY.
- LEGACY: Partner commited suicide.
- LONE WOLF: Didn't try to tag out in the entire match and didn't lose a member.

Some misc notes about the categories:

* ROUND FINISH: Even if you win with a SSM finish or a FINEST KO finish but the enemy died by cheap damage you will still get the CHEAP FINISH icon.

* MAX COMBO: this category reads your best combo so you can only get a better icon than the previous one.

* MOVE LIMITER: you CAN use command attacks and grabs and still get MELEE MASTER. Counter Attack (Guard cancel) counts as a special move. Original combo activation DOES count as a super special move.

* LIFE: you CAN'T get PERFECTIONIST if you guarded an attack or got hit even if you fill your life back to 100% (Using just defense for example).

* GROOVE GAUGE USAGE: you CAN'T consume you Groove gauge on ANY way to get the CLASSIC GROOVE icon, that means no MAX MODE or Guard cancel either. To get the MAXGROOVE icon on K Groove you must win while on Rage mode (When you are red), on S Groove you just need to charge the gauge to MAX ann win while it's still charged.

* DEFENSIVE: you CAN get the DEFENSIVE MASTER icon without KNIGHT ARMOR but it's only possible using the EX Groove because you need both the blocking/parry and just defense abilities in such case. The ARMOR KINGHT requisite says "alot" which means the requisite will be accomplished only after you spent alot of time on guard stun so the attack must make contact with you in order for this to be posibilly fulfilled.

* OFFENSIVE: normal grab means a grab performed by F/B + HP/HP, aerial grabs are NOT included, neither special or super special grabs.

* SYSTEM LIMITER: you can get VINCIBLE even if you used a Counter escape. GROUND RULER can be failed even on ISUKA MODE if you press UP because you are TRYING to jump in that case. You must NOT press UP in any state where you are able to jump in order to get this icon.

* FIRST ATTACK: of the entire match means THAT, so if you tag out and get the "first attack" explod with your second teammate after someone else already got it before you won't get the FIRST ATTACK icon after winning the match.

* TAUNT: if you taunt after winning but before the win pose it will still count as one of the 7 taunts needed.

* GROOVE POINTS: good luck getting the LUCKY GROOVE icon >_> .

* GROOVE SELECTION: nothing to say here...

* TAG STYLE ONLY: you obviously can only get one icon here. In case you're about to die but still wan't to get an icon here then just commit suicide (Delete yourself!) and the partner will instantly get the LEGACY icon (And full groove gauge, remember that!). LONE WOLF can only be got with the leader of the team and also if you never TRIED to tag out, "tried" is the key word here, attempting to tag out will already prevent you from getting this icon, even if you got hit during it.

In case you're wondering if you can get atleast one icon per category then... yes, but it's HARD and it can be done only on a TAG STYLE team, playing very well and must be on either P Groove or K Groove.

Now, if you're wondering which is the best possible result then I'm gonna tell you, but keep in mind that it's VERY, VERY HARD. The way you can get such almost impossible result will be shown below with every possible way to fulfill such damn task...

* ROUND FINISH: either CHEAP FINISH or OVERTIME. FLASHY FINISH is impossible due to the MOVE LIMITER category, FINEST FINISH depends of the enemy but will prevent you from getting MELEE MASTER on the MOVE LIMITER category.

* MAX COMBO: atleast COMBO LV.1, the best would be COMBO LV.MAX but you will need to use a super special move or something like that hence loosing the MOVE LIMITER category.

* MOVE LIMITER: MELEE MASTER for the hardest result, BASIC STYLE for the easiest in case you need to use a special move.

* LIFE: either LAST STAND or HALFWAY TO END. PERFECTIONIST is impossible due to the DEFENSIVE category.

* GROOVE GAUGE USAGE: CLASSIC GROOVE for the hardest result, MAXGROOVE in case you need the power up bonus for having the full groove gauge, ZEROGROOVE may be impossible even if you spend your whole bar before defeating the enemy because you still get some power from your whiffed or connected attack when you defeat him.

* DEFENSIVE: you need KNIGHT ARMOR, QUICK STAND and either DEFENSIVE TACTIC or OFFENSIVE DEFENSE to get DEFENSIVE MASTER. You CAN'T get both DEFENSIVE TACTIC and OFFENSIVE DEFENSE due to the GROOVE SELECTION category.

* OFFENSIVE: getting OFFENSIVE MASTER would be near (If not already) impossible, getting the COUNTER ARTIST may sound easy but you have to keep in mind that the MAX COMBO category also needs some attention. Same problem would arise with EL FUERTE. Meh, just get the damn QUICK COMEBACK if you can't get anything else.

* SYSTEM LIMITER: it's possible to get SYSTEM LIMITER MASTER but very hard (Especially the GROUNDRULER icon). You will still get VINCIBLE anyway due to being unable to dodge with P Groove or K Groove.

* FIRST ATTACK: simple as hell.

* TAUNT: ticky if you don't have the freedom to do the 7 taunts. I guess the best is to taunt 6 times and then taunt for the 7th time during the cheap KO or time over finish.

* GROOVE POINTS: men, you REALLY must have luck on this one, to get 77.777 G.P.s you must fight way too bad during the first round and then rise your G.P.s to that point, that's the only possible way without dying on the same round you start to plan to get said G.P.s. To get 777.777 G.P.s is another whole story, I don't think you can do it outside of STORY or ARCADE MODE, no fight lasts that long. NEGATIVE EDGE would mean you played horrible and may also affect the other categories (I don't think you can get this specific icon while fulfilling the rest of the requisites, it's way to weird). RESTART is as hard as LUCKY GROOVE but atleast more possible.

* GROOVE SELECTION: just don't use damn EX Groove...

* TAG STYLE ONLY: Must win with the leader of the team, otherwise you will probably lose any chance here but you will also lose the chance to get the FIRST ATTACK category. The only way to deal with this is to tag out at the start of the match, deal the first attack andthen tag out again, if the leader is about to lose then just commit suicide and both categories will be safe. Anyway, LONE WOLF would be the pro's way...

Remember, the W BOOST requisites will only be possible to be accomplished if you are on the final round which is the round you actually will be able to see the icons anyway. Also each character in a TAG STYLE team has his own W BOOST icons so you will only see the result of your current active character (The one who's showing the winquote screen) and anything done by your partner will have no effect on your icons (Except the category 13 requisites).

BTW, if you get to play SOOOOOO DAMN BAD that you end up without any chance to get an icon on any category yet somehow get to poorly win the match then a VERY SPECIAL MESSAGE will appear in the place where the icons usually are, yeah, you the people from the MUGEN forums will quickly recognize the message, I think I just gave an idea of what's going to be about in this paragraph ;) .

That's all, and NO! This doesn't unlock ANYTHING! Seriously! That's my last word about this! I mean it!

release date? I have to make ONE FUCKING EDIT of "???" so Felo Llop can make 4 DAMN SPRITES for him. Yeah, I now suck at sprite editing, can't make even one edit so he knows how he looks like :P.

Once that's done I will release it.
#72  July 25, 2009, 11:39:22 pm
  • Riot of the Hadou
    • marancv.infinitymugenteam.com
edit of who?

Thanks, Buckus.
#73  July 25, 2009, 11:43:09 pm
    • USA
of "? ? ?"  ;)

GT

#74  July 25, 2009, 11:43:50 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Will he still have ":o" move?
#75  July 26, 2009, 12:10:26 am
    • USA
For the ones outside of the CVSW universe...

GT

#76  July 26, 2009, 12:48:05 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
I don't know what I'm looking at, but its awesome.
#77  July 26, 2009, 12:49:31 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Rednavi, I'm still waiting for what you told me to do!!

BTW: I love what I'm seeing...O_O
I swear there was something cool here!!
#78  July 26, 2009, 03:10:13 am
Wow, thank you man, you are a master in this mugen of parabens, not to not pulling the bag, but really his mugen this beautiful! I anxiously his release!  (google translator SUX :P)
#79  July 26, 2009, 04:48:22 am
  • Riot of the Hadou
    • marancv.infinitymugenteam.com

Thanks, Buckus.
#80  July 26, 2009, 09:58:42 am
    • USA
no, never, that was always "? ? ?"'s line.

@ Llop: hey! im outside of my PC now, I'll TRY to make an edit by tomorrow, but you have an idea of what's going to be like... if you look at that last screenshot's portrait at the bottom.

@ Anyone who didn't get it: that last screenshot shows who's "? ? ?", and in case u care he DOES have a name (and even a movelist but that's another story) but I just need a few sprite edits for the story scenes which are the only things left (Every part of the ending scenes are already fully coded). Also that screenshot is the very first scene you get on STORY MODE.

anyway, any comments about the W BOOST icon judgement system? I just made the graphics and coded it yesterday (Like, 5 hours before posting them here).