#24  August 24, 2009, 11:36:24 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
EX modes are kind of cool.
Re: Super Cosplay Wars
#25  August 25, 2009, 02:53:10 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
I got this yesterday but only took it for a quick spin.

Relatively new stuff I noticed:

- some bosses from previous version now are playable (the later Gundam W-based ones), and Z-Mega, in the very least; Zenka still seems to be off-limits for players, from a quick glance at the select screen

- 2 selectable red Zaku guys - I guess one ("3 Times" iirc) should be only slightly more developed than the old Zaku guy, and another one actually has a visible face in the select screen, so in the very least he must be at Battle Royale boss/Rario levels. After all the gundam references, 2 Char-based character, heh.

- new secretish character challenges you during single arcade mode, some fox-girl. Some annoying teleport-dashes, but no real challenge. Her transformations reminded me of Kos-Mos from Xenosaga, but I'm not really familiar with that, her theme may actually be some other series. She seems to have her own stage, at night with some guys hitting drums, while an older-looking fox-girl looks on.

- more branched paths - I only tried single-player, and in the beginning it gives you the option between regular single more at battle royale as before, but now each of those also has alternate paths. I only tried one of them in regular single mode, but for BR the one of the alternat mode is with the fully-developedmain characters, and the other with the more basic ones like Pac-Haro.

Stuff yet to be figured out:

- How do you select EX-modes, and what's supposed to be the difference? At least for some characters, like Os-Feng, there's no apparent difference in the movelist...
#26  August 25, 2009, 06:57:09 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
press down down launcher, when you have 50 power, its not really clear but its on the site info and stuff. 
the difference is timing, and also some animations are different for the normal attacks if there isnt any difference in the other moves. 
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#27  August 25, 2009, 11:09:42 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Or you know, you can check the skill list folder, since they have movelists for regular and EX versions.
#28  August 26, 2009, 02:24:29 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
Or you know, you can check the skill list folder, since they have movelists for regular and EX versions.

First thing I did, and turned out in many cases, if not most, the movelists were essentially the same.
#29  August 26, 2009, 02:33:32 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#30  August 26, 2009, 06:05:12 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
yeah there are other differences as well, so I didnt go and directly point it out
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#31  August 26, 2009, 06:06:42 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
Took it for another quick spin yesterday - playing with this version's Os-Feng certainly makes his previous one feel incomplete: now he also has an anime-ish start-up for his level 3 super (uses the Shaman King oversoul thingy with his book), and his projectile super fires more than 3 shots, so it keeps up better with the beam characters. It was probably this way before too, but the range and priority on his jump punch seem pretty decent. His flaming move based on Bokuto no Ryu still seems to suck in terms of range though.
#32  August 27, 2009, 10:16:55 am
  • wat
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I really want to rip BG of this game,thought.
P.S:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWTiyT6s8WE&fmt=18
Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:40:03 am by Rikimtasu
#33  August 28, 2009, 04:10:55 am
@Rikimtasu : thx for the "Spoiler", :sugoi:

(Yinan reminded me of character from Full Metal Panic)

if there is secret character movelist , i would like to know
#34  August 28, 2009, 08:29:18 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#35  September 01, 2009, 02:32:32 am
    • Argentina
its there a way to keep the gate "unlocked"
#36  September 04, 2009, 11:32:46 am
  • wat