YesNoOk

KOF NESTS Conclusion (Read 131819 times)

Started by rednavi, June 14, 2009, 06:36:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: KOF NESTS Conclusion
#41  August 28, 2009, 01:01:37 am
    • USA
New stuff:

Winner sign updated with glowing effects and animated shadow behing:

changed round start bar graphics:

and now I dropped my hitspark coding and instead using the P.o.t.S. version, seriously, his way to code hires hitsparks totally rocks! I can even avoid those damn double hit bugs:

removed the claws in the violent install (Never wanted those, blame me for not telling c00per about it :P), shitty edit attempt is shitty edit attempt.

#42  August 28, 2009, 02:08:23 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Fucking awesome red
#43  August 28, 2009, 02:33:37 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
You know what would make this better? M.U.G.E.N. allowing you to place the partner characters on the far ends of the stage.
#44  August 28, 2009, 02:49:39 am
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
Its possible just a lot of coding for each char since its a full game I don't think its worth all the coding personally,damn helpers >_>
Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 02:52:43 am by Ģ€й€Șїs
#45  August 30, 2009, 01:32:44 am
    • USA
You know what would make this better? M.U.G.E.N. allowing you to place the partner characters on the far ends of the stage.

Its possible just a lot of coding for each char since its a full game I don't think its worth all the coding personally,damn helpers >_>

that's not hard at all but I dont wan't to do that because that would brake the flow of the battle, I mean how the members of a team would change on a tag out? how each character would move duing their states in such case? and the most important point, that would fuck up alot of coding regarding anything that has "enemynear" triggers (I can fix that anyway by using helpers that make the real change animations and then place the real partner where he should be after the tag success)

Anyway, some news:

Added move property limiter:

the first and second shot shows how the FORCE DRIVE Force Inch works, after the hit the enemy wallbounces, this move can put the enemy on said state always, even if you hit the enemy on the ground with a close hard kick and then pull up that move, however to avoid cheap ass combos like this there's a property limiter system that puts the enemy on a cheap death like animation and then he faints to the ground, this is considered a combo finisher as you cant hit the enemy anymore until he wakes up after the faint is over (Without this you would be able to make combos like throw enemy to the ground->close strong kick as OTG attack->Force Inch->quickly attack the enemy and put him on the ground again so he wont have chance to recover since he cant recover after getting hit by Force Inch->close strong kick....) so most of the moves can be used twice or trice before finishing the move (not to mention the HUGE dampener that move already gives to your damage output).

Added reversal hitsparks system which is based on the hitspark system witch is based on P.o.t.S. system :P

those are the new parry sparks but the parry itself will also have another effect (So it will be different from a regular reversal situation).

Due to c00per's right iron trigger edit I had to make an exclusive iron trigger FX per side, also each iron trigger only uses 1 fx instead of 2 (Which depended of light or strong).

Left side (you know this)

Right side (new one, this one has 2 layers so it's actually based on 2 FXs, the last part of it has the normal sprite priority while the beginning is behind the playes, just as planned)

Just a little bit of info about some moves, Light Minutes Spike has a reversal time like in KOF 02 UM.

Also some extra info coding-wise (So graphic whores wont care :( ):

- Improved hitcount system thanks to hit detection based on P.o.t.S. hitspark trigger.

- Finished vels for hitdefs on all the special moves except fucking Crow Bites, I hate shoryuken style moves damnit, they are a pain in the ass to code due to vels and all that.

- Improved ALL the helpers and the commonfx system. Even after the removal of my "everything on ontop = 1" system the game still lagged on HIRES stages in SIMUL VS SIMUL (TAG), and I finally discovered why this happened... it was the damn SFF file, K' being double sided totally takes away the memory of the PC but for fortune I had lots of stuff to move to the fightfx.sff and fightfx.air and so now the game runs PERFECT on any mode, optimization is the key. The system is totally optimized on every aspect and now several helpers does several functions at the same time with no bugs.

- Created a command reading system that uses variables and a helper so I said goodbye to common mugen for good even on the commands, this gives me the advantage of a better dummy coding for the training mode menu and also let's me work on the buffering regarding the pause menu (So no bugs on buffering happens if you pause the game).

- The previous point works this way: you input a command like QCF and then a variable starts going down, during the buffer time you have the chance to press the button to execute a move, however after the input like QCF I left a buffer of 15 ticks at first which left you 1/4 of a second to press the buttons and that was way too much, but as always I like to make bugs into features and now you have the option to choose between NORMAL and EASY buffering in the pause menu (NORMAL is 8 ticks after direction input to press a button and EASY is 15). I think the system is perfect for now, everything including command and input priority is ok even on super style commands (like QCBHCF).

- Of course lots of extra coding tweaks I forgot >_>

What's next? fire FX for the rest of the moves (Currently working on crow bites). once the FX is done and I finish the SUPER DRIVES I will make a vid for ya' :D . I wont show the Violent Install variants of the special moves however, that's for later :P, also Im still missing EX MODE but I already have my ideas on a readme to not to forget that.
#46  August 31, 2009, 03:25:51 pm
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
I like how u did the combo fonts
Keep it up red  ;D
#47  August 31, 2009, 08:22:47 pm
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
this project needs more hype  >:(
how do you plan to handle that?
#48  August 31, 2009, 08:31:32 pm
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
It has a good enough amount of hype already there will be more once its released plus if they vdont know the features will be more surprising
#49  September 01, 2009, 12:58:32 am
    • USA
#50  September 03, 2009, 02:00:55 am
    • USA
This is the new effect for the iron trigger, I tweaked the colors and also divided the effect in 2 parts now (beginning and end), im showing the end of the effect now:

I wasted 4 HOURS on this other effect and its closer to KOF than the previous one but I just didnt like it at the end, the effect is still in the SFF just in case I want to use it...

anyway, I just kept the first version and it's used on both sides now (and also the beginning but with different sprpriority)

added Crow bites FX and also finished both versions of crow bites and Heavens drive again :P (Which is a FORCE DRIVE)

also blah blah blah tweaks to the system blah blah modified the heat attack and heat pursuit vels.
#51  September 03, 2009, 06:51:02 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Looks really nice here :D

The system looked somewhat complex in the readme, but with that video now I see the real use of it, it's very refreshing, I just loved it, very tactical and stategical, that opens a new concept of kof gameplay, instead of somewhat old attack priorities and retarded OTG criteria, you open the door to many combo habilities and creativity.

Heat attack/pursuit seems to be based on ROTD concept, but as far as I saw in the video, is very depurated...

I must tell that KOF was not filling my playing experiences (even kof zillion, still feels like always, even with the system changes, besides it's the best mugen full game I've seen until now... unless you release a beta XD) that's teh reason I sticked with capcom games, but this version looks promising and very wothable to play.

Keep on the good work Red, here it comes the new KOF era.

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#52  September 04, 2009, 11:09:27 pm
    • USA
I didnt use heat attack to make combos but just to show the stage (and I mentioned that the lag input during recording makes impossible to execute combos correctly), also the velocities were changed after the video and the attack itself is based on the dust attack from GG rather than ROTD.
#53  September 09, 2009, 01:12:37 am
    • USA
SHIT HAPPENED POST MODIFIED
Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:58:46 am by Rednavi
#54  September 09, 2009, 03:18:33 am
#55  September 12, 2009, 01:00:54 am
    • USA
I dont know what the hell I did or what the fuck I smoked but I uploaded the pics on JPG damnit! I'll bring the BMP files next time so you people can send some palettes.

GT

#56  September 12, 2009, 01:05:18 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
FUCK JPG AND BMP! RELAESE DOWNLOAD LINJK! SHARE PLS! THATS WHAT MUGEN IS ABOUT!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#57  September 12, 2009, 02:46:07 am
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
I'll bring the BMP files next time so you people can send some palettes.
Don't . . . bring only pngs, some hosts transform the images to jpg when you upload bmp files (this doesn't happen with png)
#58  September 12, 2009, 03:14:20 pm
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
#59  September 13, 2009, 01:58:03 am
    • USA

Can you people tell me if this has the correct palette? I dont have PSP at hand so I used MS paint to convert the image.

NEW FX:

Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 02:21:35 am by Rednavi
#60  September 13, 2009, 04:47:44 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Really nize bro so how much more u have to do?.. :sugoi: