YesNoOk

New Sega vs Capcom WIP Idea (Read 38159 times)

Started by Real Bastard, August 28, 2009, 04:48:08 pm
Re: New Sega vs Capcom WIP Idea
#21  September 07, 2009, 06:55:23 pm
  • Mental Organism Designed for Only Shitting.
Awwww. I was hoping to see Aoi in there after looking her up. Sad pandas : (

But a nice list overall! The above is the only thing that I'll miss from the original roster ^^;

I could add her.

Hey, btw, how many frames for a regular straight jump or a forward or back jump? Because I am trying to figure out something with Tyris really quick since I have made another sprite for her jump frames to be complete? Beware that they are wire frames of her silouette though.
#22  September 07, 2009, 07:33:56 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
I'm not quite sure, but I THINK it's something like 3-5 frames for a forward/back jump and 2-4 frames for a straight jump, depending on how animated you make it? Then again, I don't deal with anything but Midnight Blisses and Shocks anyways so that's out of my area of expertise ^^;;
#23  September 07, 2009, 07:40:58 pm
I'm not quite sure, but I THINK it's something like 3-5 frames for a forward/back jump and 2-4 frames for a straight jump, depending on how animated you make it? Then again, I don't deal with anything but Midnight Blisses and Shocks anyways so that's out of my area of expertise ^^;;

Well, when I am done with some of her sprites. I can give you a MB sprite of her I am doing later. I have to look around to see what MB would fit her motif.

I say about 4-5 for straight forward. Thanks though, now I can just use a few for her jump.
#24  September 07, 2009, 07:57:48 pm
    • USA
I'll look forward to seeing the sprite ^^. Also wonder what you'll do for the Shock animation as well ^^

Good luck with the rest of the project too. Gonna take a long time to finish all of it ^^
#25  September 07, 2009, 08:12:54 pm
I'll look forward to seeing the sprite ^^. Also wonder what you'll do for the Shock animation as well ^^

Good luck with the rest of the project too. Gonna take a long time to finish all of it ^^

Shock animation like when you are hit by Captain Commando, Electra, Rent A Hero, and Mega Man's attacks (I think Mega Man can use some of the robot masters moves; ie Elec (Electric) Man)

I have Axel's SOR3 sprite sheets with a shock sprite. I wonder if I can make Axel's fall sprite, can you pull that off. Along with Blaze and Electra.

Tyris has a fall sprite as well.

Well, it will take a while, considering that 50% of members are good spriters and 50% are not that good. So, my chances of getting someone like FeLo or Zero to drop by and lend a hand is about 50/50.
#26  September 07, 2009, 08:23:38 pm
    • USA
I dunno about that, since I don't even really consider myself that great of a spriter (again, I only do MBs and Shocks, and my shocks are very lackluster right so....). ^^;;
#27  September 07, 2009, 08:41:51 pm
Yeah,

I decided to exchange Tyris QCF move with a QCB + P which is a throwing weapon. I am going to make moveslist and add some stuff later.
#28  September 08, 2009, 01:24:15 am

This is her basic jump. Used her Golden Axe sprites. I thank PrimeOp for the Tyris sprites.
#29  September 08, 2009, 01:30:18 am
    • USA
Seems decent enough I think. Only thing that would only need done is to animate the hair moving, but that's optional so :v
#30  September 08, 2009, 02:08:48 am
Seems decent enough I think. Only thing that would only need done is to animate the hair moving, but that's optional so :v

Yeah, that's what I need to do. What should I do with the third part? I am needing a dynamic lift before she bounces into midair. Something where it looks like a take off leap. I might have to find one that would match the fourth part.
#31  September 08, 2009, 02:26:45 am
    • USA
I would say between the 2nd and 3rd frame, add in one where she's just starting to jump, with her right leg raised slightly so that it flows into the 3rd frame, and change the 4th frame so that it looks like she's actually landing on her feet (could be like her crouching animation if you have one that fits for it)
#32  September 08, 2009, 05:55:04 am
I would say between the 2nd and 3rd frame, add in one where she's just starting to jump, with her right leg raised slightly so that it flows into the 3rd frame, and change the 4th frame so that it looks like she's actually landing on her feet (could be like her crouching animation if you have one that fits for it)

I have one like that. I have to look in the GIF of her GA 1 sprites to see which one will work. I found one that would look like she is starting to jump. However, I have to find something like Sarah Vane's landing from her GA 3 or Blaze's landing, but since I am making Blaze, hmmm. Wouldn't hurt.
#33  September 08, 2009, 05:57:52 am
    • USA
And it's one less sprite for you to worry about, since you can use the land sprite for her crouching animation later on, or her starting to crouch, whichever ^^
#34  September 08, 2009, 11:09:18 pm
  • hecc
*looks at the list* What no sketch turner?
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#35  September 09, 2009, 04:57:05 am
*looks at the list* What no sketch turner?

WOW, what a high demand for Sketch Turner. I am keeping Rent A Hero though because I want a few new Sega characters like G, Akira, Bahn, Nagi, Ryo Hazuki, Officer Rage and Mahler that were in the 1995-2003 Sega era.

I want to keep the ones that were around that time and hung on with Sonic. Axel, Shinobi, Alex Kidd, Shinobi, Tyris, Blaze and Death Adder are not irreplacable as well. They are novelties for the Sega line up.

I can't wait to start on Shinobi and Death Adder soon. ^_^
#36  September 09, 2009, 04:59:44 am
    • USA
It would be best to focus on one character at a time though, so that you don't swamp yourself with too many things. Or work on one a little bit, and when you're bored of that one, then work on another for a bit, and so on and so forth. Just a little advice ^^;
#37  September 10, 2009, 06:13:40 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
#38  September 10, 2009, 09:31:36 pm
Focus on doing AxelTyris, then another Sega char, then another, and if/when you have enough of them then consider a full game.
Fixed, and +1

Yeah ^_^

As for the Jumping, I do need to frankenstein two sprites from her Golden Axe to test something for a springing style before leaping thing.

What bothers me is that Golden Axe has a few jump sprites. Due to the game being on Sega as well as Arcade, you couldn't do too much for it, so reusing some animation to make certain parts fit her is great.

Sarah Vane would be used for a few kick moves.

I am going to die doing this.
#39  September 10, 2009, 09:55:26 pm
    • USA
This project is coming along well. My only request is that Sonic looks more like he did during the Genesis era.
#40  September 11, 2009, 02:06:58 am
This project is coming along well. My only request is that Sonic looks more like he did during the Genesis era.
http://sonic.planets.gamespy.com/wallpapers/genesis/genesis003_0800x600.bmp

I already sprited Sonic. But he is not due to be started on after I finish Tyris. Then Axel will be after Tyris which he will be done in February. Then I start on Sonic in Mid to late Feb. Depending on how I do on Tyris (if I finish her before Thanksgiving since I can sprite pretty fast when it comes to it). And Axel (Hope to start him around New Years or even earlier, Christmas).

So, I will see depending on how I do with one character.