YesNoOk

New Sega vs Capcom WIP Idea (Read 38094 times)

Started by Real Bastard, August 28, 2009, 04:48:08 pm
Re: New Sega vs Capcom WIP Idea
#41  September 11, 2009, 03:24:36 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
This project is coming along well. My only request is that Sonic looks more like he did during the Genesis era.
http://sonic.planets.gamespy.com/wallpapers/genesis/genesis003_0800x600.bmp

I already sprited Sonic. But he is not due to be started on after I finish Tyris. Then Axel will be after Tyris which he will be done in February. Then I start on Sonic in Mid to late Feb. Depending on how I do on Tyris (if I finish her before Thanksgiving since I can sprite pretty fast when it comes to it). And Axel (Hope to start him around New Years or even earlier, Christmas).

So, I will see depending on how I do with one character.
if you dont mind ill sprite G from House of the dead as an open source sprite for you to use
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#42  September 11, 2009, 04:48:31 am
  • Mental Organism Designed for Only Shitting.
This project is coming along well. My only request is that Sonic looks more like he did during the Genesis era.
http://sonic.planets.gamespy.com/wallpapers/genesis/genesis003_0800x600.bmp

I already sprited Sonic. But he is not due to be started on after I finish Tyris. Then Axel will be after Tyris which he will be done in February. Then I start on Sonic in Mid to late Feb. Depending on how I do on Tyris (if I finish her before Thanksgiving since I can sprite pretty fast when it comes to it). And Axel (Hope to start him around New Years or even earlier, Christmas).

So, I will see depending on how I do with one character.
if you dont mind ill sprite G from House of the dead as an open source sprite for you to use

Hell yeah. Use his current look. Besides, I love him soo much to not take him off the roster.

How does this sound for Tyris, Crescent Richocet? I was thinking of a projectile that is Xena like once I get her Jump and HP done. Yes, her Strongest Punch move is going to be the next thing.
#43  September 11, 2009, 09:48:41 pm
    • USA
The guy from Space Harrier 2, Ristar (an underdog and was developed by Yuji Naka) and others on the Genesis.
#44  September 12, 2009, 03:19:30 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada

BAM
agent g
Bases used Billy from ROTD
(Rise Of The Dragons)
Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:58:12 pm by Randomish
#45  September 12, 2009, 03:20:59 am
  • Mugen retiree, occasional spriter, Part of ATP
  • Also Known as Danownsall and Willfan
#46  September 13, 2009, 02:27:57 am
    • USA
I can make a vector graphic sprite of Ristar for your project. Would that be ok?
#47  September 13, 2009, 02:33:57 am
#48  September 13, 2009, 07:07:16 pm
I can make a vector graphic sprite of Ristar for your project. Would that be ok?

Find Ristar's spritesheets, then well talk.

I know this is double posting, but if this is how the jump is done, then this will be worth it since I have use the last frame as a crouch for the crouching. So, I got bits and pieces of the jump done.

Now as for G, I would suggest using Billy's arms and legs. Also the coat should be like this,

Just seperate the two closing parts of the coat. I will send the palette of G later. But since you got him good, all I got to do is the face and shades. His hair is fine. I loved the fact you use Billy though. I had Jimmy Lee from ROTD as the base for G, but I thought twice.

Edit: Flip the Olof sprite and then use it. I just noticed that. But I will send G's palette in a few.
#49  September 14, 2009, 12:30:35 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada

Find Ristar's spritesheets, then well talk.

I know this is double posting, but if this is how the jump is done, then this will be worth it since I have use the last frame as a crouch for the crouching. So, I got bits and pieces of the jump done.

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj423/Dawn_Sunlight/Tyris_Flare_Jumping_nearready-1.png

Now as for G, I would suggest using Billy's arms and legs. Also the coat should be like this,

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj423/Dawn_Sunlight/Olof_Frontanimationforattack-1.png

Just seperate the two closing parts of the coat. I will send the palette of G later. But since you got him good, all I got to do is the face and shades. His hair is fine. I loved the fact you use Billy though. I had Jimmy Lee from ROTD as the base for G, but I thought twice.

Edit: Flip the Olof sprite and then use it. I just noticed that. But I will send G's palette in a few.
ok
#50  September 14, 2009, 09:54:44 pm
    • USA
I did some research on Sega and here are some characters that I liked:

-Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
-Akira (Virtua Fighter)
-Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
-Blaze Fielding (Streets of Rage)
-Tyris Flare (Golden Axe)
-G (The House of the Dead)
-Officer Smarty (Virtua Cop)
-Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd)
-Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
-Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
-Ristar (Ristar)
-Red and Blue (Gunstar Heroes)
-Toe Jam & Earl (Toe Jam & Earl)
-VectorMan (VectorMan)
-Hero (Altered Beast)
-Ecco (Ecco the Dolphin)
-Rika (Phantasy Star IV)
-Max (Shining Force)
-Harrier (Space Harrier 2)
-Nights (Nights into Dreams)
-Aiai (Super Monkey Ball)
-Billy Hatcher (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg)
-Ulala (Space Channel 5)

These are just suggestions. As you can tell, I'm a huge Sega fan. :)

#51  September 17, 2009, 02:38:24 am
I did some research on Sega and here are some characters that I liked:

-Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
-Akira (Virtua Fighter)
-Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
-Blaze Fielding (Streets of Rage)
-Tyris Flare (Golden Axe)
-G (The House of the Dead)
-Officer Smarty (Virtua Cop)
-Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd)
-Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
-Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
-Ristar (Ristar)
-Red and Blue (Gunstar Heroes)
-Toe Jam & Earl (Toe Jam & Earl)
-VectorMan (VectorMan)
-Hero (Altered Beast)
-Ecco (Ecco the Dolphin)
-Rika (Phantasy Star IV)
-Max (Shining Force)
-Harrier (Space Harrier 2)
-Nights (Nights into Dreams)
-Aiai (Super Monkey Ball)
-Billy Hatcher (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg)
-Ulala (Space Channel 5)

These are just suggestions. As you can tell, I'm a huge Sega fan. :)

*Looks while fixing jumps and crouching and doing homework*

GUNSTAR HEROES WAS A SEGA MADE GAME?!!! WHAT!!! Link me that. And no Ecco. Phantasy Star? Why did I ignore them. And Ulala would be good. Knowing Fighting Vipers is not a famous game. But, I am keeping the girl from Last Bronx. I know about the hero from Altered Beast, but I need something simple and if I tried to make himw ould be too much. But thanks for some of the list. Let me change the roster after I finish 3 basics on Tyris that I can pull off, like her front kick and crouch.
#52  September 17, 2009, 02:59:06 am
What about Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Wars? But Ecco did not fight good, because its a dolphin.
#53  September 17, 2009, 03:41:13 am
  • My new character name is Kukumei
Hey everyone

I have appear in my mind that Samurai Jack because of Sega made Samurai Jack. I information to All of you with honest.

I already look PS2 game cover, know Title is Top of picture and logo is bottom of picture that Sega did on bottom of Picture. Samurai jack can join to Sega's group. :)   good luck!
#54  September 17, 2009, 03:50:29 am
Hey everyone

I have appear in my mind that Samurai Jack because of Sega made Samurai Jack. I information to All of you with honest.

I already look PS2 game cover, know Title is Top of picture and logo is bottom of picture that Sega did on bottom of Picture. Samurai jack can join to Sega's group. :)   good luck!

Well it only means that SEGA helped make the game, Samurai Jack is not a SEGA character, he is a cartoon network character :-\
#55  September 17, 2009, 04:16:50 am
  • My new character name is Kukumei
Hey everyone

Well it only means that SEGA helped make the game, Samurai Jack is not a SEGA character, he is a cartoon network character :-\
How did you know? Wiifang?
#56  September 17, 2009, 04:47:52 am
Hey everyone

I already look PS2 game cover, know Title is Top of picture and logo is bottom of picture that Sega did on bottom of Picture. Samurai jack can join to Sega's group. :)   good luck!

#57  September 17, 2009, 05:01:57 am
Hey everyone

Because Sega did help make Samuari Jack. It's a cartoon network owned character licensed by CN. When Sega put their license name on a game like Samuari Jack or Mr. Magoo (god knows how many), that doesn't mean that he is Sega's property because they made the game.

Now on to Tyris Flare,

These are the frames I did before I go back to homework,

I am going to prop the leg straight where she looks like she is doing a knee attack. This frame will also be her front kick.

I fixed some of the frame's wires. I am going to do more with this too. And then the front kick and crouching.
#58  September 18, 2009, 03:44:13 am
    • USA
Here are the Gunstar Heroes. Theres an Amercian cover box art that I suggest that you check out. Below are the links to check out their complete sprite sheets for both the Sega Genesis and Gameboy Advance versions. Personally, I pefer you keep them looking like they did during the Sega Genesis. Much better looking and easier to draw/sprite. :)

http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/gunstarsup/index.html

Also, I may help you out with the Gunstars. I've been meaning to create them for some time now and now would be a good time to start and help you with your project.
#59  September 18, 2009, 04:28:58 pm
Here are the Gunstar Heroes. Theres an Amercian cover box art that I suggest that you check out. Below are the links to check out their complete sprite sheets for both the Sega Genesis and Gameboy Advance versions. Personally, I pefer you keep them looking like they did during the Sega Genesis. Much better looking and easier to draw/sprite. :)
http://www.the-nextlevel.com/features/developers/treasure/gunstar-heroes-japan-cover.jpg

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Misc/Misc/GunstarHeroes/GunstarHeroes/GunstarRed.gif
http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Misc/Misc/GunstarHeroes/GunstarHeroes/Blue.PNG

Also, I may help you out with the Gunstars. I've been meaning to create them for some time now and now would be a good time to start and help you with your project.

:bulb2: I am going to take off Rent A Hero for Gunstar Blue or Gunstar Red. They came out in in Sega's post Genesis/Saturn era, so this will be good.

I am also going to keep Death Adder and Elektra. On Capcom's side, people are voting for me to use Urien or Bison. Which one should work?
#60  September 18, 2009, 04:51:41 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
http://www.the-nextlevel.com/features/developers/treasure/gunstar-heroes-japan-cover.jpg

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Misc/Misc/GunstarHeroes/GunstarHeroes/GunstarRed.gif
http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Misc/Misc/GunstarHeroes/GunstarHeroes/Blue.PNG

:bulb2: I am going to take off Rent A Hero for Gunstar Blue or Gunstar Red. They came out in in Sega's post Genesis/Saturn era, so this will be good.

I am also going to keep Death Adder and Elektra. On Capcom's side, people are voting for me to use Urien or Bison. Which one should work?
Gill