YesNoOk

Whats the best way to tell your girlfriend you're sorry? (Read 17597 times)

Started by ExShadow, September 26, 2009, 01:22:31 pm
Share this topic:
Whats the best way to tell your girlfriend you're sorry?
#1  September 26, 2009, 01:22:31 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
^ That. o.0
Re: Whats the best way to tell your girlfriend you're sorry?
#2  September 26, 2009, 01:42:22 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
From The Last Lecture (2008, book version)

ch. 47, A Bad Apology Is Worse Than No Apology

[T]he two classic bad apologies:

1) "I'm sorry you feel hurt by what I've done."  (This is an attempt at an emotional salve, but it's obvious you don't want to put any medicine in the wound.)

2) "I apologize for what I did, but you also need to apologize to me for what you've done."  (That's not giving an apology. That's asking for one.)

Proper apologies have three parts:

1) What I did was wrong.

2) I feel badly that I hurt you.

3) How do I make this better?

And since it's about girlfriends... ch. 37, Watch What They Do, Not What They Say

My daughter is just eighteen months, so I can't tell her this now, but when she's old enough, I want Chloe to know something a female colleague once told me, which is good advice for young ladies everywhere. In fact, pound for pound, it's the best advice I've ever heard.

My colleague told me: "It took a long time, but I've finally figured it out. When it comes to mean who are romantically interested in you, it's really simple. Just ignore everything they say and only pay attention to what they do."

That's it. So here it is, for Chloe.

And as I think about it, some day it could come in pretty useful for Dylan and Logan, too.

"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#3  September 26, 2009, 05:53:11 pm
  • I got a PM.
Don't.

Let's face it, they won't really accept your apology anyway unless it really didn't matter to them. If you apologize now and it didn't matter to them, then this can make you seem submissive, so then she will start looking for a guy who isn't submissive. Soon she will dump you.

If it did matter to her, then all of the apologizing in the world won't matter at all. So it is better to show that you are not submissive, because then when she looks for someone else, and they are a submissive nice guy, she will get ill and wish to stay with you.

If it matters to her for real, then you fucked up and nothing you can say will work. It is better to break up with her, because in the future when she goes through a list of other guys, she will remember that non-submissive prick that broke up with her.

Over time she will think;
"why did he do that. Guys don't break up with me. What makes him different. All these other guys let me walk over them. I have to call him and see how he is doing."

Pretty soon, she will try to fuck you just to prove that she is worth it and build her own self esteem. After you fuck her she will feel good about her self and you because you did that for her. Now you two will be back together and stronger than ever.

This has be a public service announcement brought to you by the how to be a Pimp foundation.
Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:06:37 pm by Shamrock, the Hard Mod
#4  September 26, 2009, 06:02:10 pm
    • Thailand
Girls have the power of sexuality but not all use it for this, "submissive thing." If she is using that tactic, then she's not really a good girl because she probably has a lot of guy "friends" who are after while you're with her; and she likes the attention. This is common among the younger aged girls, though, and since you're a youngster, I assume your girlfriend is a youngster. So move on if it leads to that, because I guarantee you don't love, or even like her as much as you might think you do (because she's probably putting on a show), and don't fool yourself into believing she likes you as much as you might think you like her.
#5  September 26, 2009, 11:33:27 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Haha.

Shamrock, do you have a theory that says women don't want submissive guys, as you put it?
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#6  September 26, 2009, 11:48:49 pm
  • I got a PM.
Yes,

My theory goes even further. Woman (Humans) have not evolved very much. Woman want good offspring.  is part of natural selection. If you can prove good health, strong mind, and an ability to survive, then you are good breeding material.

Also woman want be dominated. Not beaten into submission or anything, but they want someone who will be good at breeding. A guy with his head down buying flowers and lets her walk all over him, = bad lover. No domination. It goes back to the alpha male of gorillas.

A protector, not someone that can be pushed around even by them. This is their wants.

Now humans are a little more evolved so there are other factors. Stuff like homosexuality, gender roles, hormone imbalances. But the majority is what you are trying to deal in, not the minority. There is also psychological things. Up bringing, father influences, bad sexual experiences etc.

If you shoot for the primal it is the easiest to predict and influences all other mating influences. It is the safe bet.
#7  September 26, 2009, 11:52:47 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You are forgetting the age factor, only weak minded younger girls want full on assholes.

This is due to the whole "alpha male" in human tribes being something entirely different than a pile of muscles that dominates stuff.
#8  September 27, 2009, 12:15:22 am
    • Thailand
Yes,

My theory goes even further. Woman (Humans) have not evolved very much. Woman want good offspring.  is part of natural selection. If you can prove good health, strong mind, and an ability to survive, then you are good breeding material.

Also woman want be dominated. Not beaten into submission or anything, but they want someone who will be good at breeding. A guy with his head down buying flowers and lets her walk all over him, = bad lover. No domination. It goes back to the alpha male of gorillas.

A protector, not someone that can be pushed around even by them. This is their wants.

Now humans are a little more evolved so there are other factors. Stuff like homosexuality, gender roles, hormone imbalances. But the majority is what you are trying to deal in, not the minority. There is also psychological things. Up bringing, father influences, bad sexual experiences etc.

If you shoot for the primal it is the easiest to predict and influences all other mating influences. It is the safe bet.

There was a time where men and women participated equally in the development of society; even before the common era. Infact some scholars/historians even believe that woman had an more important role of that of a doctor when it came to Hunter Gatherer societies. It goes something about Women needing the knowledge to know what berries or leaves were good, and what could heal this or that. (In short)

Also, it's believed that it wasn't until the agricultural revolution took place that gender specific expectations began to become more or less equal to one another. The transition from a nomadic lifestyle to a sedentary/pastoral lifestyle gave rise to the need of land for one to manage their plants and animals; early farms. This requirement of land brought anew the value of property and riches, which brought the question of, "who gets the land when I die?" Naturally one's offspring is going to inherit the land, so the idea of controlling a woman's sex partners to insure that the baby who inherits your property is really your own baby came to be. So, maybe that's where the attitude in general began, it's all theory, but to me it seems logical and plausible. One could ask how men and women saw each other as partners? Well if we're going with these types of theories, then one could say that some birds choose one partner for a period of time and sticks with them, so why not humans?

It could mostly depend on culture, or even less, the specific woman's preference in the opposite sex (forgetting homosexuality).

I don't think the domination theory is accurate, it's a preference, a lot of girls like sensitive guy, because in society sensitive guys can prevail too. Also, no one, not just females, likes someone who dominates all the time; these days women have opinions, and dammit... we better listen or we're bad bad people! Because dammit they can make it on their own and they don't need a man!

No one is saying be over sensitive, no one is saying be over-dominate, some moderation is all that's needed. To be a respectable human being, you need to be moderate for the opposite sex and to the same sex alike. That's how I see it, nothing to do with evolution per-say, since we're way beyond that. I've seen women love and have babies with men who have nothing to their name, it;'s happened in my family, I'm don't agree with that theory, Shamrock. True love conquers all, when and if you find it, nothing could really matter any more than that; not saying that love is the answer to all by the way.
#9  September 27, 2009, 12:38:02 am
  • I got a PM.
Even those equal nomadic societies, some men did not have off spring. Why? Because no one would fuck them. As far as those guys that had nothing and got laid went. I bet they were not buying fucking roses every week.

The need to be a good dad is a new thing. Woman are only looking the genes and the ability to provide them. If you are a depressed emo fag, no one wants to have depressed emo fag kids.

If you are a tree climbing monkey that can fuck and find food, you are allowed to breed and woman do not care if you stick around to raise the offspring. They wouldn't mind you teaching them how to hunt or find food, but if another male came along and dethroned you. They wouldn't give a fuck if they never seen you again.

Sorry, if this does not fit in with romance novels. But there sure are a lot of people who are the offspring of mixed blood because of conquered nations. "Look that Roman just killed my baby's daddy. I could find a weaker male from my own people, nah I'll fuck him instead. Who cares if he just killed the man I loved?"
#10  September 27, 2009, 01:19:16 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#11  September 27, 2009, 09:37:01 pm
  • and the show goes on
you should work on your self esteem to say her the truth.
And then you should say sorry, wait for her behaviour, try to calm her, if needed.
And then you should watalk her.....i mean you should try to talk to her.

to be honest..... there are many girls/women on this planet and also in your area, i presume.
so...Carry on in life, if you're dumped, and don't stay with emotions like depression.
Life's short, wether how long human may live. That's all.
hope i could help without confusions.
made of ripped hearts waving far away,
only my memory stays still, as i say.
Looking to sky,
oh, how many people wished to fly?
i don't know,
beacuse life's harshness is a mainpart of god's show
#12  September 28, 2009, 12:58:42 am
just move on to boys. They jsut like fucking  ;)

On The Lips
#13  September 28, 2009, 03:01:38 am
  • Feels like nothing is there! Are you wearing it???
    • www.myspace.com/engravedlocket
offer to hold her hand and kiss her when really hot girls are checking you out?
#14  September 28, 2009, 03:27:47 am
doesnt the best way depend on the situation? people just assumed it was something he would get dumped over
#15  September 28, 2009, 04:00:15 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
just move on to boys. They jsut like fucking  ;)

Dammit, Bigsally, give it up - no one on MFG is going to have sex with you, and besides, taking it in the pooper hurts, and that's coming from someone whose (now ex) girlfriend stuck medium-sized objects in his pooper on a small number occasions.

If it's not a big deal, then find some way to make it up to her, and apologize with your actions, not your words, since trying to talk the problem away will only make you look like an insincere asshole.

If it IS a big deal, then she probably dumped you (or is about to), and if you don't have some big fucking miracle, then just cut your losses and move on (something that I'm still having a hard time doing).
#16  September 30, 2009, 10:49:16 pm
  • I got a PM.
Just so you guys know. Letting your girlfriend put things in your "pooper" Is the best way to say you're sorry.
#17  September 30, 2009, 11:39:22 pm
sleep with her and never call her again
Nothing Is here
#18  October 01, 2009, 05:27:47 am
  • Im a Newb
E-Girlfriends don't count.
#19  October 01, 2009, 05:42:37 am

When you apologize, don't be a pussy, but be sincere and mean it.

Make sense?
#20  October 01, 2009, 05:46:55 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
I KNOW YOUR BREAKING UP WITH ME, AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT IM BREAKING UP WITH YOU

HANDS DOWN.