YesNoOk

KOF NESTS Conclusion (Read 132146 times)

Started by rednavi, June 14, 2009, 06:36:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: KOF NESTS Conclusion
#61  September 17, 2009, 12:18:28 am
    • USA
This is how the Double Air Trigger FORCE DRIVE looks in-game.

This is how the Second Shoot projectile looks like (Both the projectile and when makes contact)

This is how the Air Trigger projectile looks like (Normal projectile, when makes contact, the previous two in Violent Install mode and when any of those projectiles makes contact with floor).

This is the official palette separation, feel free to send your own edits.

This is the default palette just in case you wanna use some colors as a base.

Anyway, get ready to read for even more data...

* MUGEN is causing huge frameskip troubles right now and since I already had this problem in the past and fixed it before (Like a month ago) I know what's the reason behind that, it's the sprite file which has near 400 sprites that dont share the palette with the character or the previous sprite on it's order, I'm currently updating and optimizing the sprites (Mainly the P.I. effects which are the ones that don't share palette) so not only the game will run perfect (Like just before the new fire FXs were added) but also the main effects for the character will share the palette with the main sprites which means 2 things (1 great thing and 1 barely bad thing), the effets will be able to inhert the colors from the main palette which means they will be able to have a different color according to the character's palette if I whish to but the price to pay is to downgrade the exclusive character FX color count to something between 60 and 120 (I'm deciding that right now, in fact I could give the fire FX 160 colors if I wanted but I prefer to be careful just in case I need more color slots in the future), for fortune the color loss is unnoticable due to the fluid the animations are and the style of the FX.

* Any "system-sprite" that must be on the character SFF file for "X reason" (Like the hitsparks which are helpers that use angledraw) were already optimized with 256 colors max used per effect sheet by using the "share palette with previous sprite" option from Fighter Factory (So I avoided color loss on each one of those effects). The same will be done with the common system sprites from the fightfx.sff (I'm missing a few).

* Added friction to any normal attack done in the ground (So the character slides while decreasing the x vel, like in GGXX or most of the doujin games). This feature is only present in normal standing and crouching attacks and NOT in any other category such as command attacks or special moves.

* Finished the re-coding of the FORCE DRIVE moves, K' will only have 3 FDs due to his Violent Install SUPER DRIVE which you will know how it works if you know Sol from GGXX, if not then think it as a special time limited mode where your normal and command moves are faster and your special moves have some kind of buff. This basically means that K' already has enough versions of his special moves to add even more so he's actually the character with less FORCE DRIVE moves in the whole game. Remember that I'm taling about K' - NORMAL VERSION and not K' - EX VERSION which is really different from the normal version and doesn't have the Violent Install so he will have many FDs.

* Finished the sprite priority system, I'm handling each state's priority manually. Same with velocities (Not interesting right? >_>).

* Fixed even more sprites with Palette separation problems (Damn u c00per! I shall get my revenge!).

* Starting to code the missing moves. Currently working on Heat Drive's hitdefs. Still missing Viper Bite, Chain Drive, Grand Trigger, P.R.I.M.E. End and all the variants for the Violent Installed version moves.

* The biggest change I did today (Bah, yesterday because I started to code this at 9:00 P.M. and I really wanted to finish this to test myself so I spent all the night on this) was the new tagteam system which pretty much is unique to any MUGEN game (Or even Fighter Maker game c00per ;), basically is a system that adds depth and even more strategy to the game and I'll explain how it works now:

-- START:

- You obviously have to choose 2 characters :P, and in this case you can only choose K' and K' >_>.

- While you won't notice it in the alpha version to be released due to only having K' on it the order of the characters will be pretty important in-game so you must decide which character will the leader and which one the teammate wisely, you will know why now...

-- INTRO OF A FIGHT:

- At the start of a match the team leader will do his usual intro (As if you were alone) while the teammate will do a short intro aswell, until here nothing is really different, stuff like this are already featured on most of the games and even on my TAGTEAM SYSTEM, however once the teammate finishes with his intro he will... move to the Background WTF? Yes, the teammate will be present during the fight, watching in the "back plane" and following the leader and his enemy. Of course he can't be hit and he also won't be followed by the camera. If the team already fought for more than 1 round then the teammate will already appear in the back plane with no previous intro.

-- TEAMMATE:

- Depending of the distance between the leader and the teammate he will either walk or run to stick close to him. Of course he will also turn when needed.

- The real variety on this new tagteam system starts here, when you are the leader and tag out you will inmediatelly jump back and get out of the screen (Without a previous taunt unlike in KOF games) and will be totally invincible while doing it.

- The teammate then will enter to the battle by moving to the front plane (As in moving to the place the fight takes place) and then get ready to fight once the transition between the back plane and front plane is over. In any case where you go to the back or to the front plane while tagging in or out your character's size will react accordingly to add the illusion of going further into the BG or coming to the front (Eitehr shrink or enlarge back to normal size). If the character is outside of the screen then he will appear on the closest edge of the screen.

- As you now notice the teammate character is now active but the leader who's now inactive is not present in the screen, this is because both the leader and teammate characters have a different system and abilities which means both can or can't do some stuff depending of them being or not the leader, this is what adds more strategy to the game (Atleast more than just adding crappy Desperation Moves that are exclusive to the leader of a team like in KOF 03/ XI >_>). Anyway, when active the teammate fights alone.

-- LEADER:

- When you are the teammate, are active and decide to tag out you will first make a short taunt (Like in KOF games but maybe a little bit shorter) and then you will jump to the back plane while your leader comes running from behind the screen (From the edge behind you), the leader is now active again and he's ready to attack, the teammate however will stay in the same place he just landed for a few ticks before starting to follow the leader again.

- While running during the tag in the leader has full invincibility on the first ticks and he won't stop running even if you're not holding a direction, the running is automatic and will stop after a few more ticks passes (He will go to the brake state like when you stop a normal run) but you can cancel the run itself with an attack. You can't crouch but you can do crouching attacks. Also you can't jump, dodge, parry, activate OD mode or grab.

-- WHEN PARTNER IS KO'ED:

- When a team member is KO'ed the other will tag in by himself when it's the correct time but the tag in has different features when it's done on this situation.

- In the case of the leader he will tag in running like usual after enough time has passed but he will be fully invincible until the run stops or until he changes his state.

- In the case of the teammate you will be able to control his movement in the back plane as soon as the leader is KO'ed, before you tag in to the front plane, the movement is quite simple as you will only move either backwards or forward so you can position yourself where you want to tag in (Which happens automatically so you have to position yourself before that happens). When inactive (Before tagging in) the teammate will first run to the "free movement area" in case he's not on in (Which is almost the whole screen but remember that the inactive character can move outside of the screen) and after that's done you will be free to move yourself.

-- WHAT'S LEFT - OFFENSIVE ABILITIES:

- Anyway, there are 2 things left to code and are the offensive stuff. My ideas are quite simple in this case, to add different assistance abilities depending of who you are playing as, if the leader or teammate. Any of these next abilities will drain part of a meter called ASSIST GAUGE which refills itself over time, the values the abilites will use are independant.

- When the leader is active he will be able to tell the teammate to assist him (Like with the strikers in KOF but really different gameplay wise), the leader will first do a short taunt and then the teammate will attack or do whatever he can do (Some abilities can be defensive or something like that). The ASSIST MOVE will come out in the place the teammate is in so even the position your teammate is in that moment matters.

- The number of different assist moves a character will have will probably be 2 and each assist use will drain a bit of your ASSIST GAUGE but even if you have enough on that gauge to use said abilities you can't use them all the time because the teammate must first be ready to do such assist attacks and he wont be able to if he's recovering from a previous assist attack (Call it "cooldown" if you want) or if a projectile or item he thrown is still active. He also won't assist you if he's wayyyyyyy too far from the screen.

- Now when the teammate is active he won't be able to ask for assist because he fights alone (The inactive leader is outside of the screen) but he will be able to use the SHIFT DRIVE which is an ability to do a combination of attacks between you and your leader, this uses much more of the ASSIST GAUGE than the usual ASSIST MOVE.

- The way this works is simple, your active character (The teammate in this case) will do a short ranged attack which will look similar to a normal attack or command move and said move will have different hit-and-guard properties depending of the character. If that move hits your character will attack the enemy with 1 or 2 more attacks and then push him and go back to the back plane. After that happens the leader will dash into the enemy and attack him with a serie of attacks and after he finishes he ends up as the active character.

- As you see this is an offensive style way to switch characters in the middle of an attack or combo. The SHIFT DRIVE can be used as part of a combo as the cancel/link properties are the same as any common special move and it's also a safe way to tag out when needed as you dont need to do a short taunt and be vulnerable and if the attack that triggers the whole SHIFT DRIVE move gets blocked it wont matter alot as the attack itself will have short recovery time.

- At this point I dont know if keep or not the TEAM DRIVE idea as that was part of the project when the tagteam system was fairly simple and the inactive character was outside of the screen but now that the inactive character is in the battle field when the leader is active that would mean said move would only be possible when the teammate is active and giving him such powerfull move (It's supposed to be a LV3 super special move type attack that's only available with certain character combinations) is like kind of unfair, not to mention that the teammate being the one able to use said move instead of the leader is kind of akward but I'll see what can I do about it... or maybe just discard such idea and give the game different SHIFT DRIVES depending of special team combinations.

* MOVELIST: K' - NORMAL VERSION

--- COMMAND ATTACKS:

-- One Inch: FORWARD + LIGHT PUNCH
- Knockdown property if hits on a ground opponent. Loses it's properties when canceled into but comes faster. Cancelable on any version of the attack unlike in KOF but can't Be canceled into (FD) - Force Inch.

-- Knee Assault: FORWARD + LIGHT KICK
- Cancelable into any aerial special move once the move hits. Velocity and command based on KOF 03.

-- Sniper Side: FORWARD + STRONG KICK
- Move drastically changed from KOF XI in every aspect. Knockdown and overhead property even when canceled into. The move doesn't change it's frame count anymore even if canceled into which makes this move even more different than One Inch. Has long startup time. Cancelable after it hits.

--- SPECIAL MOVES:

-- Iron Trigger: QCF + PUNCH
- Projectile. Light version stuns while strong version has knockdown property, as you see the properties were reversed from KOF due to emphasis on aerial combat in this game and the fact that a move that lifts you up is more useful here. Can be linked into the Second Shoot, Second Shell, Second Flame, Second Spike and Blackout in the middle of the move.

-- Minutes Spike: QCB + KICK
- Light version moves you close to 1/2 screen and has 1 hit reversal properties on the startup while strong version moves you one screen lenght. Velocities based on KOF 03 with a few tweaks. Can be linked into the Narrow Spike in the middle of the move.

-- Narrow Spike (SCable): QCB + KICK during Minutes Spike
- No difference between versions. CLSN box was shortened due to game's system to prevent easy OTG connect. The link between Minutes Spike and Narrow Spike is easier to input than in KOF and also gives you slighty more time to, you can even inmediatelly cancel a Minutes Spike with a Narrow Spike if you're fast enough.

-- Aerial Minutes Spike: QCB + KICK on the air
- Works like a Minutes Spike but lacks of any reversal property or follow ups and also has less velocity on any version compared to it's standing versions. Velocities based on KOF 03.

-- Viper Bite (SCable): QCB + PUNCH
- New move. The move starts with a crouching short dash which is followed with a Crow Bites with a velocity similar to the strong version of it from KOF 02. Move hits since the dash all the way to the end of the whole move but has a huge startup time. Can be linked into the Air Trigger once the move ends.

-- Air Trigger: QCF + KICK on the air / QCF + KICK on the air after Viper Bite
- Projectile. Based on the KOF XI version where you don't gain any extra velocity while executing this move. Projectile goes further on strong version. Projectile will go downward while advancing.

-- Crow Bites (SCable): FDDF + PUNCH
- Knockdown property on any hit. Light version hits twice while strong hits 4 times. Can OTG on the start up of any version and even lift the character up if used correctly. Velocities based on KOF 03 with a few tweaks. Can be linked into the Additional Attack once the move ends.

-- Additional Attack: FORWARD + KICK after Crow Bites
- Has no extra follow up. Knockdown property.

-- Second Shoot: FORWARD + LK during Iron Trigger
- Projectile. The projectile's speed changes depending of which version of Iron Trigger was used.

-- Second Shell: FORWARD + SK during Iron Trigger
- Projectile. Lifts the character to the air higher than in KOF.

-- Second Flame: FORWARD + HEAT ATTACK during Iron Trigger
- New move. Projectile. It's slower than Second flame but has a better range, it's real use is as a defensive move and works as a shield against projectiles. Can OTG.

-- Second Spike: QCB + KICK during Iron Trigger
- Works just like a Minutes Spike but lacks of any reversal property or follow ups and also deal less damage.

-- Blackout: QCF + KICK / BACKWARDS + KICK during Iron Trigger
- Light version moves you close to 1/2 screen while strong version moves you almost a screen lenght. Invincibility improved from KOF.

--- FORCE DRIVES:

-- Force Inch: HCB + HEAT ATTACK
- Wall bounce property. Puts the enemy on wall bounce state under any condition. Property limited move (Can be used 3 times at max on a combo). Can lift the enemy if properly used.

-- Double Air Trigger: QCF + HEAT ATTACK on the air
- Projectile. Works like Air Trigger but the velocities in the character are like in KOF 03 where you get impulsed back and upwards at the end of the move. Throws 2 projectiles instead of 1 and the second one has knockdown properties. Can OTG on any projectile.

-- Heaven's Drive: FDDF + HEAT ATTACK
- Works like a mix between the KOF 03 and XI versions of it but deals less damage due to being a FD move here. Can OTG and even lift up the character if properly used.

--- SUPER DRIVES:

-- Heat Drive: QCFX2 + PUNCH
- Light version works like in KOF 03 where you don't teleport but just dash towards the enemy while the strong version works like in KOF 02 where you dont have playerpush while attacking. Strong version deals less damage than the light version. Unblockable if fully held. Can be canceled into Grand Trigger.

-- Grand Trigger: KICK while holding the Heat Drive
- New move. Projectile. Cancels the Heat Drive into a bigger version of the Iron Trigger which hits up to 3 times. Has no superpause effect and spends no powerbar.

-- Chain Drive (DCable): QCFHCB + PUNCH
- No difference between versions. The auto combo looks like a mix between the KOF 02 DM and KOF MIRA versions (It's a short combo version).

-- Violent Install: QCBX2 + PUNCH
- New move. Puts you on a temporal power up mode where all your special moves will gain extra advantages and most of your attacks will come out faster. After the time for the mode ends you will get dizzy for a few seconds.

--- HYPER DRIVES:

-- Crimson Star Road: QCBX2 + HEAT ATTACK
- Based on a mix between the KOF 02 UM and KOF MIRA versions on the second part of the move. Has no superpause effect unless it connects and goes to the final part of the move (Just before the explosion). Unblockable and unparryable. Velocity and movement improved from KOF.

--- OVERDRIVE MOVE:

-- P.R.I.M.E. End: QCBHCF + HEAT ATTACK
- ? ? ?

--- VIOLENT INSTALLED SPECIAL MOVE CHANGES:

-- Iron Trigger: Hits twice and has slighty more range.
-- Minutes Spike: Goes further and is faster. Strong version gains 1 hit reversal properties.
-- Narrow Spike: Goes further.
-- Aerial Minutes Spike: Goes further and is faster.
-- Viper Bite: No changes.
-- Air Trigger: Projectile is bigger and has knockdown property.
-- Crow Bites: Light version hits trice. Strong version goes alot higher and hits up to 9 times.
-- Additional Attack: No changes.
-- Second Shoot: Projectile is bigger and has knockdown property.
-- Second Shell: No changes.
-- Second Flame: No changes.
-- Second Spike: Goes further and is faster. Both versions gain 1 hit reversal properties.
-- Blackout: No changes.
#62  September 18, 2009, 10:57:16 pm
    • USA
Some changes:

- Removed parry KOF MIRA style, no parry is present now. The only reason I included that ability was to add a function to the C button when no cancel drive are available. Now the C button also activates the OVERDRIVE MODE and TAG OUT functions.

- To not to let unused the light guard sprites now the guard animation changes to it if you have less than 50% of guard gauge.

- Damage bonus lowered, now the temporal powerup is 1.20 and the full power bonus is 1.10.
From the creator of the SCREENSHOT MODE, here comes...
#63  September 23, 2009, 12:55:22 am
    • USA
- Added special colour change system for the character effects (please read below the images to get more data about this)

the effects are optimized in a "special way", they can change the colour depending of the character's palette but they DON'T share they image palette with the character sprites, why I did this? Avoids color loss because the images are still max 256 colours (Per animation set) and the effects DON'T get a palfx on them even if the character itself has a pal fx like in this example:

Also if you people ask for it I can add a COLOR EDIT option on the pause menu so you can customize the FX color on realtime (said custom color will be saved until you continue in arcade mode of course).

Of course as you see on the pictures there's some limitations on how the effects will end up looking like but I guess you can find the perfect color with the COLOR EDIT thing.

anyway... also...

- Added light hitspark variation >_>
#64  September 23, 2009, 08:52:42 am
    • Romania
    • negative-edge.net
dude this game will be HARDCORE :O:O:O:O the tag team is purely insane man damn
#65  September 23, 2009, 09:16:57 am
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
This is looking actually really fuckingfantastic . . . now:
-stop it with the meticulous stuff  >:(
-hitsparks don't look half as awesome as the rest of the fx
#66  September 25, 2009, 11:33:13 pm
    • USA
- Little details make it more awesome! Also those things barelly take me a day to make and adapt, I'm now working on the rest of the moves (But hey! I still depend of your sprites damnit!).

- So the rest of the fx is actually awesome  ;P ?? I still have to remake some common fx before inplementation, Im missing stuff like "when the character bounces or fall on the floor" dust fx and that stuff, also the hitsparks have rotating effects so they dont look good on screenshots but I'm all for the change if I get some ideas and re-use those sparks for fire only attacks.

- I finished the assist system for the leader, the attacks wont use any kind of ASSIST GAUGE as previously mentioned, in fact no ASSIST GAUGE will be included, the SHIFT DRIVE will spend 1 level of powerbar. Now I have to finish the Heat Drive :P, weird thing is I finished Grand Trigger before finishing Heat Drive.

- I still have to fix a weird bug Im gonna post about on the help section here in a few minutes... It's taking me some time bah...

Btw, do you people prefer the default color of the fire FX or the orange one in the palette 10?

Also do you prefer to have a different color fx per palette or all of them sharing the default one and having the option to select a preset color on the pause menu?

And last, do you guys want a custom color option for the fx? so you can change it in real time on the pause menu as previously mentioned.
#67  September 26, 2009, 01:14:42 am
  • DAT SAX
Did you really just brag about putting "ownpal = 1" on a bunch of helpers? :thumbsdown:

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 01:28:29 am by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~

GT

#68  September 26, 2009, 01:22:02 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
lol Ishida
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#69  September 26, 2009, 01:23:53 am
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
My shitty mugen stuff:
#70  September 27, 2009, 02:28:09 am
    • USA
Did you really just brag about putting "ownpal = 1" on a bunch of helpers? :thumbsdown:

You didn't read this correctly did you? I was talking about a system where you can edit the effects on the pause menu, it's not only "helper with ownpal = 1" but also helpers reading the color you set the efects to use so you can change their color in real-time.

Also save your "n00b treatment" posts for newbies, I'm way too far away from that kind of user at this point (Yeah, I'm not a "famous" creator, who cares), no one is "bragging" about something, I was just explaining how the system works on my own thread, if you don't like me explaining my fullgame features on my own thread then just go check some other threads like "Mortal Kombat: The war of the kombatants who look like scorpion" or something like that  :-\

On another topic, feel free to flame me people for this  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFqqOQ8puZY
#71  September 27, 2009, 09:22:34 am
    • Romania
    • negative-edge.net
^ u crazy
#72  September 27, 2009, 02:09:59 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
LOL Joke move. And you didn't became fan of FSN, just fan of Naruto ! (Kakashi technique used by Naruto on Gaara)
#73  September 28, 2009, 04:23:07 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
LMAO that move owns red
#74  September 29, 2009, 12:59:29 am
    • USA
LOL Joke move. And you didn't became fan of FSN, just fan of Naruto ! (Kakashi technique used by Naruto on Gaara)

and with that you realize I know no shit about naruto :P, I didnt know about that at all and I had this idea like 3 years ago (Some people may remember an avatar I had with said move done on a God Rugal).

Anyway, something new...

Re-did the pause screen, now SCREENSHOT MODE is an option (Before it was a special option that was supposed to be accesed by pressing "Y" on any screen). Don't pay attention to the upper right corner section, those graphics werent changed yet.
#75  September 30, 2009, 11:55:54 pm
    • USA

#76  October 01, 2009, 02:53:46 am
  • im finally just like everyone else
    • sites.google.com/site/thespritehaven/

fucking bad poster asshole that home32 bitch
#77  October 01, 2009, 08:46:35 am
    • Romania
    • negative-edge.net
damn that looks fukin hardcore :O not even SNK got that lol  :o
#78  October 02, 2009, 02:10:37 am
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
your shitting me red right,i never even thought of anything like that
#79  October 06, 2009, 01:23:18 am
    • USA
changed it a little bit and also fixed the values for palfx edit (effect color edit)

also all the moves (except viper bite, Im still waiting for c00per's edits) done, missing the overdrive move.

I'll post a video showing my version of chain drive in a few days (With a bonus too ^^)

#80  October 06, 2009, 02:01:49 am
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
hmm so those are the shots , looks good