YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1467754 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#8761  September 21, 2018, 01:21:01 am
  • Time to give back to this place. Starting now.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#8762  September 21, 2018, 01:37:30 am
  • 2 edjy 4 u
  • spriting drains the soul
    • USA
its a very good lifecycle tbh, 7 years is alot. the vita survived 2 generations, thats impressive in itself
#8763  September 21, 2018, 02:16:06 am
  • 99% Hawaii
    • Guatemala
I was under the impression Sony pulled the plug on the Vita years ago. I knew Japanese developers still made ports and the ocassionally RPG for the console, bit I thought Sony wasn't really supporting it anymore.

DW

#8764  September 21, 2018, 04:45:59 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm pretty sure it's still a thing in Japan. What keeps it somewhat relevant overall is that it's connected to PSN and can sync up with your consoles.
#8765  September 21, 2018, 07:50:42 am
  • 2 edjy 4 u
  • spriting drains the soul
    • USA
it actually had a bigger install base in japan than the ps4 up until recently, a ton of japanese games kept it alive and well for the longest time.
#8766  September 21, 2018, 08:28:15 am
  • I bite the faces of people who don't wanna be cool
Sony did pull the plug on the Vita in the US. Now it's Japan's turn.

Sure the vita did a lot of stupid things and it didn't have any particularly memorable exclusives but I was happy with my Vita. I need no exclusives when I can play Samurai Shodown 5 Special, Metal Slug 3, Mortal Kombat 9, The Last Blade 2, Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower, and my PSN Classics library conveniently on one nicely designed portable unit.

it's because they are already content with what they have done, mugen is not a paying job so as long as the charcter works for a creator that's enough; one's persons crouching while running is another person's change it to pots style.