Posted by Jmorphman in gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Started by Titiln October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Technically, superman is isekai.I am just familiar enough with this term to say: no. Shut up. Go to bad opinion jail.
Eh, whatever, can't all be personal winners. See how it goes, I suppose. Did Nightwing ever deal with Bane? Because Daredevil deals with Kingpin, and seeing Batman has issues with Bane, and I'm presuming Nightwing never really got to a point where he was objectionably better than his Batman outside some parallel universe, Daredevil's then probably beaten bigger foes.I don't believe so, but it's certainly possible that at some point they fought.
The film also introduces Lashana Lynch as Maria Rambeau, one of Carol’s oldest friends. She’s a top-notch Air Force pilot with the call sign “Photon,” and she’s also a single mother to a young daughter.Already setting up Monica Rambeau/Captain Marvel II/Photon/Pulsar/Spectrum, eh? Sweet.
It was fun. I enjoyed each side's breakdown (Less-so them taking shots at Amuro's Newtype powers but not at the ridiculousness of Transformers as a whole? Be fair, guys)Yeah, that was dumb as hell; the whole "newtypes exist because when people live in space without gravity, they get psychic powers" is uh, not actually a thing in Gundam. Like, sure, some of the more zealot-y Newtype advocates will sometimes refer to all of mankind emigrating from Earth to space as a way to "free their souls from gravity", but like... it's a metaphor, dudes.
Next battle puzzles me. I know of Nightwing and Daredevil of course, not that I particularly cared for either of them exceedingly so never got deep into their stories, but I never really drew a connection between the two? Unless it's as basic as vigilantes, then by god, there's simply so many other better options. But I've also seen people pining for this specific match for a while now, so I don't get what the big deal is between them?They both fight with sticks.
Well the question is how deep into the lore you wanna go here. The term itself "Gundarium Alloy" was propaganda for during/after the One Year War. The original name was Lunar Titanium alloy, which wasn't just a replacement or substitute for Titanium, it was actually much, much stronger. Scaled up Machine Gun fire was 100% totally useless while Rocket Launchers would "only" smack the Gundam around. Anything above that was still dangerous to the unit though.Eh, Luna Titanium/Gundarium's imperiousness is frequently overstated. True: it was incredibly durable and could shrug off a Zaku's 120mm machine gun fire, but it starts to falter under repeated volleys in the same location. Additionally, weapons that fired ammo at lower calibers but higher velocities had a much greater effect on Luna Titanium (this would be the 0080/0083 Zaku/Dom machine gun, not the classic, 1979-ass Zaku machine gun) Also, apparently, the machine guns used early on in the original Gundam for the scenes where the Gundam was shrugging off gunfire may have been chambered with a much smaller round (this would allow for the Zaku to carry much more ammunition for the types of soft targets they were bound to fight; after all, they weren't going to be encountering any enemy mobile suits, since they didn't exist!)
I did not actually know that there was just one called “the Gundam.” I thought all of the robots on that show were just called gundams.>:[
@JMorphman one of your requested characters finally made it.I have always been adamant that Dark Samus should have a unique moveset because she doesn't actually use any of Samus's moves in the Prime games (and instead has a ton of unique moves of her own), but I'll take what I can get!
As an echo fighter no less.
stop sucking up to the mods lui, they're not gonna make you one of them.Grow up, dude.
* Somehow, that detail is now grounds for a permanent ban (Which would've stayed that way if it wasn't because of people posting here).Hey bud, but just a quick head's up: it's usually considered poor form to make grand assumptions about conversations you aren't privy to. You might be surprised to learn that not a single mod, other than the one who switched to the ban to permanent, wanted anything other than a ban that would eventually expire. You might also be surprised to learn that we were having our big, drawn out mod-talk conversation well before any of the uproar in this thread!
* Around half of the mod team wanted to get rid of him since forever but were waiting for an excuse to not to make it look personal.
My point wasn't to discuss whether he added it 1 year ago or 5, I specifically mention how BS it is that he got permabanned for not remembering something as uneventful as when was the last time he edited his post. Especially when a year ago is still a fuckton of time and you're expecting him to remember something as stupid as the date he added a reference to a buffering method he most likely doesn't even remember when was first posted (I know I don't, it feels like it's been YEARS since it was first talked about when it's like a year old at max) and maybe doesn't even remember that it was part of his sig by now.Sorry, but I don't think literally anyone on the mod team can believe that someone could confuse "a few months ago" with "five years ago" so easily. It was very obviously an attempt to elide the issue, and is such an absurd deflection that it called into question what we had decided would be the original ban length.
A random user who just happened to care about his sig, about the user in particular, about the meaning of the text of that sig, went far enough to figure out that it talked about a staff member or something like that, had the foresight to think that it was anything remotely interesting to the staff team to boot and sent a picture of it to the mods. It's so convoluted I would've named that person a moderator right on the spot just for doing all of that, but I'm not an admin so I can't do something that stupid. This forum is lucky to have admins that edit insults into other peoples' profiles instead of doing stupid shit like that.I know you haven't been around lately, so you've probably missed all this very dumb, pointless drama about buffering systems; suffice it to say, it's somewhat well known enough that the user in question was vaguely familiar with it, and thus noticed the part about the buffer. It's really not that inexplicable that, after scrolling past the same sig over and over, that that user might eventually pick up on it.
At no point should anyone ever take a decision such as negatively modify a profile this way alone and people expect better from people like you who are in this position since years. If you all are against swapping moderators and admin spots every few years to keep the team level headed and believe the current team to be as solid as it can then the least you can do is not do this shit ever again. Not even "For fun". This is the "Feedback to warnings/decisions" thread right? In case my feedback was too long to read then here's the TL;DR: Get your shit together.The party responsible has said they're sorry (which, incidentally, was more than the user who got banned has done :V). I dunno what else you want here, dude.
Again, why are these decisions taken so lightly and not discussed beforehand to begin with? Why are they announced so gallantly with no thought behind them? I've seen this happen over and over and the staff having to backtrack every now and then I'm surprised that you guys have yet to get the hint. You discuss these things with your team first, you check as many point of views as possible beforehand. This is one of the main problems with the mod team, that you just lack variety in general among the actually active members so almost all of you think the same, and the ones who don't think the same somehow get their shit spun into your point of view anyway like what happened exactly in this thread.Sometimes a mod might make a rash decision that they think is an obvious choice that everyone will agree with, only to find out that things are more complicated than they thought. This is far from the first time it's happened, and it's honestly not that big of a deal: extending a ban from 3 months to forever and then back to 1 year in the span of a few hours is simply not much of an issue. We've had many a disagreement about ban durations before, and there's like, one time where things turned out to actually be a problem (a user that should've been banned for several months was only given a temporary 3 day ban while the staff figured out how long the "real" length should be, but then the conversation never concluded and the 3 days passed and the user was unbanned).
Keep his initial ban but remove the extension to prove that it's not a personal issue. Anything more than that proves that the mod is taking things way too personal. Your choice.Thanks for the suggestion, but the moderation staff has already made its decision.
I think Captain Falcon has more sexual encounters than Commando so I would say in a battle Captain Falcon would win as he'd be able to seduce Commando faster and be the top. The man's a bounty hunter he probably meets all sorts of weird alien chicks and dudes he gets freaky with. All Commando does is like be some sort of future cop? But he also plays the guitar on sidewalks for money so it's clear he's broke as shit, probably doesn't get around often and no one wants a broke bitch. I don't think he'd be really able to compete with Falcon's experience or his girth. Cause I'm pretty sure u need some sort of big dick energy to be so strong that you can summon a fucking fire bird out of sheer will, Commando has to rely on his shitty gadgets to even get a stream of fire, which is also fucked since that's banned in the geneva conventions. Falcon can get away with it though since he's not from earth and it looks cooler, i'm pretty sure most people can turn a blind eye when they see a fucking fire bird come out and his ass when he does that pose, with commando though he just burns the guy and you just hear and smell the guy suffering, that's not really heroic.This is a treasure. Thank you.
* The fact that he gets tagged as a liar because he forgot that the last time he edited his post was 2 years ago instead of 5 (As if it was remotely relevant to this). Spinning that into a lie was a plot twist I'm sure no one expected, much less that being used as an excuse to finally get rid of a person certain people dislike.Again, it was—at most—barely a year ago, because it references a thing that didn't exist until a year ago. In fact, it probably was edited in around the time of this post. That's not something that anyone could confuse as being written 5 years ago.
* That someone randomly decided to check his sig 5 years after he was told to not to hide insults there (If not even more). I'm not sure what would be worse here as the answer, a mod waking up one day and suddenly thinking "Oh hey let's check Jesuszilla's code in his sig months after he stopped being active here!" or a contrived story about how a random user decided to do that and report it to the mods.I mean, it was in fact just a random user who had ad-blocked images and thus had the message show up, but I guess that's not gonna convince anyone who's talking about "contrived stories". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
* That after getting him banned for months his profile is edited to do the very thing he's banned for and apparently not a single moderator objected it since then until like what, today? After backlash from a couple of users? The actions of one moderator reflects on all of you, you all should know better just like he should've known better with his sig. This makes all of you look bad and good for you for fixing it *now* but it's a thing to keep in mind from this point forward.None of us besides JNP knew because, well, JZ was banned, and wasn't making new posts. It's not some weird conspiracy, man! We all agreed to remove that stuff as soon as we were alerted to it!
also, did a quickie test of a potential updated separation on Kyo:Update: it indeed was trivially easy to add in arm and finger separation. Which means...
I'm already gonna be doing some fixes on his separated sprites, so it should be really really easy to add in finger and arm separation. And because those two have been added:
it's possible to make relatively decent looking sleeved palettes!