YesNoOk

Recent Posts

Re: Street Fighter V

December 12, 2017, 08:04:23 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by The Street Fighter  in Street Fighter V (Started by O Ilusionista December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
 Board: Fighting Games

This being that one character, being in only one game, of a dead franchise. Why the hell would they do that?
I agree that there ''might'' be some similarities, but that is most likely either completley random or paying somwhat homage to the character, which again is less likely. I think they went with the Uncle Sam/Abraham Lincoln inspired thing alltrhough, and that the similarities to Greg is just a coincidence.

December 12, 2017, 07:58:24 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Titiln  in Street Fighter V (Started by O Ilusionista December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm

why would they add a fucking bloody roar character when they have 500 other more recognizable choices for a guest character

if he's a guest character why isn't he just named greg

Re: (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT **PETER UPDATES (pag. 3)**

December 12, 2017, 07:47:23 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by thatdude  in (NBC Tv Series) HEROES MUGEN PROJECT **PETER UPDATES (pag. 3)** (Started by FobiaZz July 15, 2014, 12:36:56 pm
 Board: Projects

Great work!

The fingers covering on the front side on his right hand (viewer's left) need to be refined to make it look like KOF. Also, the parallel of his right forearm looks out of place. The crease on the right side of his coat would need some little gradient in order to make it stand out. There are some fat pixels around that exist.

Keep up, man.

Thanks Enso!

This weekend I've completed all the FX and now I'm focusing on beta testing to delete any possible bug before start coding the infamous AI. Once I'll have finished all this coding things, I'll go fix those fat pixel once for all! ;)

On the way, I've also added a variation to the character (selectable though the Start button) which modifies some special moves into brand-new ones seen in Heroes Vol.2 (f.e. Phasing and Electricity taking place of Invisibility & Radioactivity) just for experimentation. Here's an image:

Could the Start mode feature his evil version, it could just be an all clothes dark pal swap like in that one episode.

December 12, 2017, 07:41:26 pm View in topic context
 Posted by R565  in Street Fighter V (Started by O Ilusionista December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm

Now that I'm thinking about it, they might actually pull a stunt like adding a guest fighter. He looks to similar to Greg to not notice, if that's the case, I wonder how Capcom would pull him off.
Edit: I realize from the trailer that he shows off like a ringmaster would. I feel dumb.

Re: Feilong (Pots Style) by Varo Hades - Updated 12/12/17

December 12, 2017, 07:37:36 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by thatdude  in Feilong (Pots Style) by Varo Hades - Updated 12/12/17 (Started by BahamianKing100 December 09, 2017, 08:42:05 pm
 Board: Edits & Addons 1.0+

The Chinese Kung Fu Master!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLgbvkqeIyo[/youtube]

Not trying to derail the topic but I meant these stages the one with the blue train and the gray training stage with the water effects in the youtube video, if they're private I understand.

Re: Soulcalibur VI

December 12, 2017, 07:14:50 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Staubhold  in Soulcalibur VI (Started by Titiln December 08, 2017, 03:55:32 am

gematsu.com said:
The most significant evolution is the introduction of the “Reveresal Edge” system, which is an attack that integrates offense and defense to defend against almost all techniques with a single button, regardless of whether they are high, middle, or low. By mastering this, even beginners can read the moves of advanced players.

...this smells not good...
Still looking foward.

Re: CVTW2 Ryu 12 December 2017 update

December 12, 2017, 06:48:42 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Memo  in CVTW2 Ryu 12 December 2017 update (Started by Memo March 01, 2017, 07:52:14 am
 Board: Capcom vs the World 2

Im on a roll i goofed again, posted another update.
the pause code i had was not working correctly it should now.

and while i was at it i updated donkey kick with 3rd strike frame data.
so its even slower than pots ver lol

Re: EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game

December 12, 2017, 06:44:48 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Roman55  in EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game (Started by Renzo F April 01, 2017, 04:40:22 pm

I was able to find it on my PS app without PS+. The online requires it though.

I hope they include the old Hokuto design in the final version in some form.  Maybe as an alternate character.

Re: GEARLIFE by Kazuto ''カズト'' [edited to 1280x720 by RAMON GARCIA] 7 VERSIONS

December 12, 2017, 06:41:22 pm View in topic context
 Posted by cristopeles  in GEARLIFE by Kazuto ''カズト'' [edited to 1280x720 by RAMON GARCIA] 7 VERSIONS (Started by Ramon Garcia December 04, 2017, 05:27:30 am
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

buen trabajo :)

Re: Ikemen Plus

December 12, 2017, 06:32:36 pm View in topic context
 Posted by -Ash-  in Ikemen Plus (Started by ShinLucho November 20, 2017, 12:45:35 am
 Board: IKEMEN Releases

Its possible to change the localcoord so you can use lifebars from higher resolutions?

Re: M.U.G.E.N Screenshots V3

December 12, 2017, 06:23:01 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Trololo  in M.U.G.E.N Screenshots V3 (Started by nick. May 13, 2014, 03:05:14 am
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Discussion

Glad to realize you liked my idea. And yes, it does look better now.
And just interesting: how are you going to apply score system?

Re: MAKE A CHARACTER BOUNCE AFTER AERIAL ATTACK AND BE HITTABLE

December 12, 2017, 05:40:20 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by germanvasquez  in MAKE A CHARACTER BOUNCE AFTER AERIAL ATTACK AND BE HITTABLE (Started by germanvasquez December 02, 2017, 01:50:18 am
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Development Help

I will try

thanks

Re: Supreme Sagat by M206 NEW elbow finishers PAG.14

December 12, 2017, 05:32:11 pm View in topic context
 Posted by electrocaid  in Supreme Sagat by M206 NEW elbow finishers PAG.14 (Started by M206 June 26, 2017, 05:49:35 pm

OMG!
That's it!
& the result is just fantastic! :bison:

December 12, 2017, 05:30:54 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Snakebyte  in Soulcalibur VI (Started by Titiln December 08, 2017, 03:55:32 am

Oh no, they're going full casual-friendly... and injecting new characters into the story doesn't sound great either.

Oh well, still hyped.

December 12, 2017, 05:19:35 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Titiln  in Soulcalibur VI (Started by Titiln December 08, 2017, 03:55:32 am

famitsu interview https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-theme-reboot-emphasizes-enjoyment-sword-fighting-single-button
Development was decided from the fact that it is the series’ 20th anniversary and there are still no 3D weapon-based fighting games on current generation hardware.

The keyword is “reboot.” We reviewed previous entries, and looked back on how users played and received each game.

We want players to know the world of the original Soulcalibur by solidly depicting its story once again. Part of that is the hope that not only current players, but also those who played in the past will return.

1586, the era of Soulcalibur, is an era of many unfinished tales.

New characters will appear. These will be important characters who have significant involvement in the story and such.

(Will there be guest characters?) “Please look forward to it!”

The basics parts of the battle system, which utilize vertical slashes, horizontal slashes, and running to fight, have not changed.

Movement speed and operability are being tuned to emphasize comfort so that anyone can play.

The most significant evolution is the introduction of the “Reveresal Edge” system, which is an attack that integrates offense and defense to defend against almost all techniques with a single button, regardless of whether they are high, middle, or low. By mastering this, even beginners can can read the moves of advanced players.

The game will emphasize how you can enjoy the fun of sword fighting with a single button. They are also fixating on production.
Critical Edges are also being prepared. While their command inputs were difficult in Soulcalibur V, they can be activated with a single button in Soulcalibur VI.

There is a system called “Soul Charge,” which is paired with the Critical Edge system. You can power-up for a certain time by expending the gauge. Soul Charge-exclusive techniques are also being prepared.

A “Lethal Hit” system is being prepared for advanced players. By landing specific techniques with certain conditions fulfilled, you can perform powerful combos depicted through special production and slow motion. By doing this you can destroy your opponent’s equipment.

If Mitsurugi’s lower body equipment is destroyed, he will essentially only be wearing a loincloth. If Sophitia’s hair accessories are destroyed, her hairdo will change.

Guard Impacts can be used without depleting the gauge.

We also want to offer a tutorial mode.

We feel that character creation is an attraction that cannot be removed from the series. We cannot say anymore, but please look forward to it.

Development is 70 percent complete.

Re: Supreme Sagat by M206 NEW elbow finishers PAG.14

December 12, 2017, 04:45:13 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by M206  in Supreme Sagat by M206 NEW elbow finishers PAG.14 (Started by M206 June 26, 2017, 05:49:35 pm

ah ok now i've understood.. btw there's already the uprising elbow edited from gill/urien.. :/

i've added a strong upper punch finisher, as always looking at bruce irvin for references.. :D :D

about uprising urien elbow combo check from 0.36 and go on.. ;)

Re: What exactly would be the benefits of an open source M.U.G.E.N? The source code.

December 12, 2017, 04:40:33 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Chronan  in What exactly would be the benefits of an open source M.U.G.E.N? The source code. (Started by Dhillon521 December 03, 2017, 03:57:38 am
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Discussion

How come?
From my point of view/opinion/past experience in software which generally is always expect the worst,
I'd imagine going from Dos->Win->1.0->1.1 (and a LinMugen branch somewhere in there IIRC) each version having fairly major changes, some more so than others. I'm pretty sure no version was a complete rebuild of entire codebase but rather taking existing code and building/expanding upon it(I could be wrong, but doubt it). Some of these updates were done with huge time gaps in between, so some thought and programming processes would have changed over time as well as some of the libraries, which might not be a huge deal, but could affect readability flow alot and could still be really scary looking. Changing one simple thing could break something else, seemingly unrelated, entirely depending on how things were built on top of each other, next to each other, etc.
I think the earliest DosMugens were released in 1999 it's almost 2018 now, so you've probably got some ancient nightmares hiding in the code using old libraries, especially if they are still using chunks from 97-99 or whenever development started. Complexity levels thru the ceiling!

So similar to maintaining or developing on existing code at a major company or the US/state governments, BUT we wouldn't be given the 60,000k-100,000k+ a year to sift thru/fix it. I'd imagine there's some scary things, but I'd still love to see it. Just to be pleasantly surprised by its beauty or have it my face melt off! Then try and fuck around in it anyway just to see if I can. (I probably couldn't, but I'd love to try anyway).

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Re: EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game

December 12, 2017, 03:56:32 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Byakko  in EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game (Started by Renzo F April 01, 2017, 04:40:22 pm

also it's only if you have ps plus, apparently.

About Shirase, this is making it look like the new design is completely replacing the old one, it's not an alternate version as a separate char after all... It would explain why the base version had weird unpolished hair, and it would explain why the movelist wasn't changed at all, but that's a bit of a shame.

December 12, 2017, 03:28:03 pm View in topic context
 Posted by MR. IBZS II  in Street Fighter V (Started by O Ilusionista December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm

I think I'll pass on the offer... Nice work on Capcom for retooling the game almost completely for the comparative few who clung to it, though.

December 12, 2017, 03:26:12 pm View in topic context
 Posted by yaret  in Street Fighter V (Started by O Ilusionista December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm

they are selling me their shit, i don't have to buy the game because i feel bad for capcom's dev, they still get paid whether they did their job or not. i'm the costumer and they have to swoon me if dislike the game i won't buy it. simple as that.

capcom had learned their mistakes, this final product with season 3 for 35 dollars to enter the game is a good deal for everyone.
infact this is the only fighting game with fightmoney where you feel balanced between Learning and earning virtual money.