YesNoOk

Recent Posts

Re: Net Neutrality is in danger.... Again.

November 23, 2017, 09:02:12 am View in topic context
 Posted by Flowrellik  in Net Neutrality is in danger.... Again. (Started by _Data_Drain_ November 19, 2017, 01:57:06 pm
 Board: All That's Left

*Deep sigh*
You know I don't know what's worse: the fact that Net Neutrality is on it's last legs here, or that the proposal vote to end it is on my birthday.
All I know is this. The GOP as it stands is obsolete. it has been overrun by greedy idiots that want the country to fall so they can either make a fortune of it or flip it until it becomes a totalitarian nation for the rich.
If net neutrality falls, the overall groundbreaking unconstitutional set of events of big corporate rule will pretty much spread like wildfire, and our net will be downgraded into nothing more than a data plan on a cellphone. Remember AOL Discs? If you want Net Neutrality to fail, do the world a favor and look at Portugal. Ajit Pai is a moron and needs to be removed from the FCC.

K from KOF Intro/Ending ?

November 23, 2017, 08:57:04 am View in topic context
avatar  Posted by dimitriowa  in K from KOF Intro/Ending ? (Started by dimitriowa November 23, 2017, 08:57:04 am
 Board: Requests

I'm actually asking here because it just seems odd that I can find lesser characters from the series endings or intros but not K. I'm thinking with it being 2017 that maybe it's just of high rarity? I wouldn't be surprised if there was a KOF game with a ending inside of it, but I'm asking if there's a ending anywhere featuring K or a K specific ending that I can use for my mugen that anyone can give? If anyone has any knowledge about it at all please reply instead of skipping over the topic; if you do know that there isn't one hosted anywhere inform me, please.

November 23, 2017, 08:47:27 am View in topic context
 Posted by Slivern  in Net Neutrality is in danger.... Again. (Started by _Data_Drain_ November 19, 2017, 01:57:06 pm

If you ask me, I'm more focused on the Antitrust lawsuit between the Trump Administration and AT&T, who are currently attempting a mega merger with Time Warner (who owns CNN) and have been anticipating legal troubles for quite a long time now, and it's not AT&T's first time either. Of course, Net Neutrality is just as significant and more. AT&T also has assets belonging to Turner Broadcasting and DirecTV. Also, last time, Comcast also managed to purchase much of NBC back in 2011.

And since AT&T is also indirectly involved with Net Neutrality in a way...I can see this mega merger overshadowing Net Neutrality as well as adding to the fire of the circumstances surrounding Net Neutrality. Overall, people are vying to charge for information, buy information, manipulate information, not to control thought and human behavior, but to grow monopolies, employ proxies and create context.

November 23, 2017, 08:41:52 am View in topic context
 Posted by Niitris  in Net Neutrality is in danger.... Again. (Started by _Data_Drain_ November 19, 2017, 01:57:06 pm

how can you be so apathetic about this?

We already have provisions in place to stop people from being abused by anti-consumer policies. Verizon can't just wake up one day and say "we're gonna ban all our users from accessing Netflix today," not without consequence anyway. They can do little inconspicuous things, but that's not stuff Google isn't already doing by manipulating search results in their favor. And Title II didn't stop Verizon from throttling speeds on Netflix anyway, lol. Netflix was doing the same by the way, but they're not bound to Title II rules so they were fine.

Big corporations are going to play dirty, that's just how it is. You don't fix that by making it harder for potential entrepreneurs to enter their ideas into the industry. I'm not saying Net Neutrality isn't important, but Title II isn't the protective shield people think it is.

It's worth reading on when the US government had strict regulations on the phone business back in the 20th century. The appearance of the household phone changed minimally in a span of 30 years, you could probably guess that they weren't turning heads with innovative ideas.

You can't really find other cable options in your area as is. And the number of net providers isn't much higher. Or at least I've never seen a cable company that had a rival. It's like electric or water. You get 1 option so you have to pay whatever they want.

Yeah that's the tough part, there are options but not great ones. There's satellite but that takes forever, and I don't think anyone wants to go back to the dialup days. :0

I think it's a necessary evil to let them have more control, if it means more people can play and get US internet speed up to par.

Re: No pixelation in MUGEN 1.1

November 23, 2017, 08:32:39 am View in topic context
 Posted by Chise  in No pixelation in MUGEN 1.1 (Started by PeXXeR June 25, 2016, 05:21:37 am
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Discussion

This thread is seriously being derailed from its purpose, the instruction and information on Reshade for mugen, reducing pixelation. Can we please get back on topic?

Re: The CS Discussion Thread

November 23, 2017, 08:31:21 am View in topic context
 Posted by morbidjoe  in The CS Discussion Thread (Started by Froz August 14, 2013, 06:40:53 am
 Board: Sprite Projects

So currently I'm CS queen bee during my spare time and this as far off on it currently working on mid section still have to do top and bottom part of legs, hair, knee spike, the upper eyes on her head, her tail thing the black part anyways, wings maybe, not sure if I should CS the parts where her limbs morph into claws, the weird orbs on her back don't know what those are and the ones that appear on her head don't know why there there, and her midnight bliss form and maybe her bees

Ooze Woods - Goopy le Grand stage

November 23, 2017, 08:15:12 am View in topic context
 Posted by Duke of Corvus  in Ooze Woods - Goopy le Grand stage (Started by Duke of Corvus November 23, 2017, 08:15:12 am
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

Re: Ryuhaku Todoh (Pots Style) by Varo Hades

November 23, 2017, 08:13:11 am View in topic context
 Posted by morbidjoe  in Ryuhaku Todoh (Pots Style) by Varo Hades (Started by BahamianKing100 November 14, 2017, 07:48:43 am
 Board: Edits & Addons 1.0+

Hope too see it soon no rush though

November 23, 2017, 08:12:41 am View in topic context
 Posted by Jmorphman  in No pixelation in MUGEN 1.1 (Started by PeXXeR June 25, 2016, 05:21:37 am

November 23, 2017, 08:00:20 am View in topic context
 Posted by mikecrazy2004  in Ryuhaku Todoh (Pots Style) by Varo Hades (Started by BahamianKing100 November 14, 2017, 07:48:43 am

yay cant wait

November 23, 2017, 07:39:42 am View in topic context
 Posted by Titiln  in Net Neutrality is in danger.... Again. (Started by _Data_Drain_ November 19, 2017, 01:57:06 pm

it's presented as an instant doomsday scenario when it's really not. with net neutrality gone, the worst case scenario is that ISP A will start to be very shitty, so people will flock to ISP B because they don't put website specific data behind packages, because they're competing with ISP A and want to make money. isp b will eventually start to be shitty so people will move on to isp c.  repeat this until the most generous looking isp is a far cry from what we have now. it'll take years, but they'll get there.

i live in a country where net neutrality never existed and ISPs haven't done any of this shit yet, at least not for home internet. maybe they will if they see the business model in america catches on. mobile providers have plans where you get unlimited access to specific social networks. using those apps will not take away from your data plan. if you start an app like the ones includes in these packages you'll be at an instant disadvantage, why use LINE when i can use unlimited WhatsApp? it's not neutral or fair, but nobody here really gives a shit

Oh, and to those in other countries saying "Oh well, it's only in the US. So this doesn't affect me". That's where you're VERY wrong. A lot of websites are on US servers. And, who's to say this won't spread to other countries?
cool, what the fuck am i supposed to do then. american congress won't listen to me (and they absolutely shouldn't) and change.org petitions are laughable. don't involve the rest of the world in this because we can't do shit

November 23, 2017, 07:05:45 am View in topic context
avatar  Posted by Gennos  in Net Neutrality is in danger.... Again. (Started by _Data_Drain_ November 19, 2017, 01:57:06 pm

they won't start their bullshit right away, they'll gradually start charging extra until it becomes a normal thing.
Yeah it opens the door for Comcast and Verizon to buttfuck consumers. But they can't stop consumers from finding another ISP if shit hits the fan. The internet never had or needed Title II throughout it's history and has grown just fine. I'm not a genius by any stretch, but I doubt that ending Title II would equal the end of the internet as we know it.
why put yourself at the mercy of a big isp company? you know whats the most important thing to companies is? profits, and if there are ways to make more of them then you can bet your ass that they will exploit them.
they might not charge as bad as comcast and verizon but they will charge nonetheless, because there is no one who can stop them.
how can you be so apathetic about this?

November 23, 2017, 07:03:32 am View in topic context
 Posted by artistropeadope  in No pixelation in MUGEN 1.1 (Started by PeXXeR June 25, 2016, 05:21:37 am

Y'all see these salty trolls yapping? lol. If you like my work, rock with me. If you're like these blabbering dickheads, kick rocks.

www.flurry-jo.com

Peace! :8):

November 23, 2017, 07:01:11 am View in topic context
 Posted by BahamianKing100  in Ryuhaku Todoh (Pots Style) by Varo Hades (Started by BahamianKing100 November 14, 2017, 07:48:43 am

cool man! two more surprises coming soon!

Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread

November 23, 2017, 06:56:30 am View in topic context
avatar  Posted by senorfro  in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Started by Erroratu November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
 Board: Fighting Games

I don't mind the 'out-roster' thing because...

1- I'm sure with future DLC, it could change down the line

2 - From X-Men vs Street Fighter up to Marvel vs Capcom 2, Capcom has always had the higher roster by 1 or 2.

November 23, 2017, 06:17:01 am View in topic context
 Posted by Walruslui  in No pixelation in MUGEN 1.1 (Started by PeXXeR June 25, 2016, 05:21:37 am

I was originally gonna make a very intelligent post on how low-res spritework has difficulties that higher-res stuff doesn't have to deal with but I'm instead just gonna say this:

LOL Why is Cloud stretched so much??? And how do you not know how to use F12?!

EDIT: looked at your post history and just remembered who you are holy shit

? The image was a crudely thrown together example to explain what I meant. To avoid further trolling, here's what my character looks like in game.

Edit: Also, for the pathetic comments following this quote, my Cloud isn't a render. It's authentically hand drawn and meticulously animated, as you can see.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u32fQHTRoMg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Keep exposing yourselves as trolls. Your loss. Have a nice day!

For having "asymmetrical coding" you never once showed p1 go over to p2's side proving that it has it. (One can assume that it's two different versions of the same character with different sprite sets, which considering the 9000,1 sprite between the two that pretty much what's going on here) Among other things I've noticed from the video, (other than the obvious bit at the end which just tells me your attitude) I don't care if you drew these sprites or not but just by looking at the video, these animate pretty damn bad they could use more frames of animation and be less stiff. Your coding of the characters also need some work too (and they seem floaty as hell for instance the launcher)

STOP CRYING, FUKBOY! I have a ton of videos showing him jumping over other characters. You can't save face. Accept that I have complex coding. You are pathetic! This is the last comment I will post here. Cry away , haters.

pls leave, thanks.

(also learn how to spell fuckboy right, fuckboy.)

November 23, 2017, 06:00:03 am View in topic context
 Posted by Trololo  in No pixelation in MUGEN 1.1 (Started by PeXXeR June 25, 2016, 05:21:37 am

STOP CRYING, FUKBOY! I have a ton of videos showing him jumping over other characters. You can't save face. Accept that I have complex coding. You are pathetic! This is the last comment I will post here. Cry away , haters.

...I'm usually not saying such things to people I don't know...
But please: do us a favor and carry out your threats.
Just really, go away. It for your own good, believe me, because your behavior is a real troll-call. If you'll go on like that, you're gonna have a bad time. So just run away...

November 23, 2017, 05:56:39 am View in topic context
 Posted by Just No Point  in Net Neutrality is in danger.... Again. (Started by _Data_Drain_ November 19, 2017, 01:57:06 pm

You can't really find other cable options in your area as is. And the number of net providers isn't much higher. Or at least I've never seen a cable company that had a rival. It's like electric or water. You get 1 option so you have to pay whatever they want.

November 23, 2017, 05:55:54 am View in topic context
 Posted by Ethan The Human  in No pixelation in MUGEN 1.1 (Started by PeXXeR June 25, 2016, 05:21:37 am

This is hilarious.

Re: Battle of Gods: Organized Religion Discussion

November 23, 2017, 05:44:49 am View in topic context
 Posted by R565  in Battle of Gods: Organized Religion Discussion (Started by Chronan November 14, 2017, 11:11:59 pm

That's fair.  The way I see it, the existence or lack thereof of any deity is something that, by nature, can never be categorically proven and so there's nothing to really be gained by deliberating the point.  If there's not a god, then nothing about our day-to-day life actually changes anyway.  If there is a god, then we're dealing with a being who exists on a scale so far beyond our capacity of understanding that there's no conceivable way we could even begin to understand them or what they expect from us, so again nothing changes.

This all the way, I really do love how people don't want to step on people's toes, but they also want to show some things about religion and many things surrounding it. It's just all in the matter of how thick your skin is, because you have to have it when it comes to the internet.