YesNoOk

Recent Posts

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Demitri's not am driving me insane, no

September 25, 2017, 06:06:21 am View in topic context
 Posted by Omega  in Jmorphman's WIP thread: Demitri's not am driving me insane, no (Started by Jmorphman November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
 Board: Projects

You know your thing man. That is looking charming indeed.

Re: Last game you finished + 4 lines review.

September 25, 2017, 06:05:48 am View in topic context
 Posted by Long John Killer  in Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Started by Sookoll May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
 Board: Gaming

Both have a great deal of new content.  AM2R more faithful to the original's design but expanding it with new expansions to the previous areas and what little lore there was prior they really dived head-first into with a whole logbook to read while Samus Returns more took the initial idea and went in another direction with it, reaching the same end.  As a fan, I say yes, both are worth playing.  I don't know about one directly following the other, though, they are both essentially just telling the same story.  Give it a little time between them.

Re: The Nintendo News Thread

September 25, 2017, 06:03:15 am View in topic context
 Posted by Omega  in The Nintendo News Thread (Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm

Re: Random Topic V10

September 25, 2017, 06:01:54 am View in topic context
 Posted by Speedpreacher  in Random Topic V10 (Started by Orochi Gill July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
 Board: All That's Left

On the plus side, it makes me feel good about how subtle my responses have become

Re: New Dragonball Super Series

September 25, 2017, 05:55:32 am View in topic context
 Posted by Omega  in New Dragonball Super Series (Started by Omega April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
 Board: Entertainment

Frieza owning Frost was unexpected. Those two were not plotting something after all. I also hope Goku builds up for his new form instead of just transforming easily in the next upcoming Episode. We don't see a trace of anything yet. I hope the one-hour special covers that a bit.

September 25, 2017, 05:55:13 am View in topic context
 Posted by Snakebyte  in Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Started by Sookoll May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm

Quick question: It is worth playing both, yeah?

I don't know how much original content is in either but I'm guessing at least some?

Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Rocket man burning out his fuse up here

September 25, 2017, 05:52:38 am View in topic context
 Posted by Snakebyte  in The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Rocket man burning out his fuse up here (Started by Ricepigeon March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm

You are both shouting dumb partisan things at eachother and it's making you both look dumb.

While that is oh so true that I look bad, I feel it's the only way to fight back... trying to use facts and reason is impossible against Trump supporters, so the only option is to go down on their level and mud sling as well. When the current Idiocracy is gone, then there might be a chance for reason to return... until then, it's probably going to be a long four years.

I'm a Trump supporter and using facts and reason sure as fuck works on me. It's the only thing that does. Part of what pushes me and others towards supporting Trump is the sheer irrational disdain shown to him by others, it feels like his faults can't even be criticized because he's criticized for insanely exaggerated or made-up things regardless of what he does. It often feels like we have to side with Trump even if we're iffy on the nuance of something, just because of the insane opposition against him.

What I'm saying is that the people you're criticizing? They feel exactly like you do. They're slinging mud because they tried to use reason and found how unwilling to listen everyone was, how popular lies and emotionally charged bullshit were. When you know people are fucking with you like that, why bother using facts, right? There's no need to play fair anymore.

I look at comments like yours and I see a layer of hate that I've never understood, and that it isn't even worth trying to penetrate because facts and reason don't work on you. Please don't be offended, my point is not to single you out, and I'm sure you correctly look at many comments from the right and see exactly the same thing.

My point is that you have to start somewhere. My point is that the only way that any progress is going to be made is if we're all dealing in reality and talking to eachother and hearing what the other person is saying, acknowledging the little true things they say even when you think their overarching points are wrong. When someone feels like they aren't being heard and their truth is being ignored, they shut down.

No side is better than the other side if they can't sit down and explain why they're better, instead of flinging condescension everywhere.

September 25, 2017, 05:51:47 am View in topic context
 Posted by Long John Killer  in Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Started by Sookoll May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm

Conversely, I felt more at home in the beginning parts of AM2R but liked Samus Return's end portion better.  Though I feel Samus Returns did the fast travel option better, to be honest.  Something I do miss from AM2R are the fun little gimmick machines that made the place look more....I dunno, lived-in?  Controlling that sentry-bot as a morph ball, using the water pipes, Samus Returns has a lot of background Chozo detail to ogle at but not so much to interact with, other than the overarching locking mechanism that you interact with while killing Metroids.

I totally know what you mean about sound effects, though for me it's more about the sounds guns or just weapons in general make.  I blame Halo for making me stuck on that point of interest, the more things are closer to reality the less they sound real for the game.  In this game, though, they just don't have that deep impact that draws your attention.  And an arm cannon's simply just not an arm cannon if you don't feel like you should be causing utter destruction with every shot.  Usually, though, it's because your attention is placed on something else that's good.

In a completely and totally unrelated manner, dude, your avatar is freaky as hell, man.

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Demitri's not am driving me insane, no

September 25, 2017, 05:37:52 am View in topic context
 Posted by Jmorphman  in Jmorphman's WIP thread: Demitri's not am driving me insane, no (Started by Jmorphman November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm

I should've just tried the same method I used on Guile: display the effect normally with additive transparency, but have that same effect with subtractive transparency underneath. Works like a charm, and it's easy! :D

Re: Random Topic V10

September 25, 2017, 05:30:06 am View in topic context
 Posted by Jmorphman  in Random Topic V10 (Started by Orochi Gill July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am

I also had to see it twice to get it.

Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Rocket man burning out his fuse up here

September 25, 2017, 05:29:42 am View in topic context
 Posted by Jmorphman  in The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Rocket man burning out his fuse up here (Started by Ricepigeon March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm

I just don't get the whole "kneeling = disrespect" thing; Kaepernick originally started off sitting during the anthem, but later on specifically sought out the advice of veterans, and together they determined that the best way to continue protesting but to also make it clear he meant no disrespect to the flag or to veterans was to kneel.

Like seriously, kneeling is a sign of respect! I was raised Catholic, we're genuflecting all the goddamn time at Mass!

The White House has issued another travel ban, this time adding Chad, North Korea, and Venezuela (the latter applies to diplomats only), while also removing Sudan from the list.

I'm certainly no expert on this stuff, but I don't think adding North Korea and Venezuela is going to help much as an argument in the various the court cases about the whole Muslim ban thing.

Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs [Current: Mamizou & Suika, palette templates inside]

September 25, 2017, 05:25:42 am View in topic context
 Posted by elementhedge  in [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs [Current: Mamizou & Suika, palette templates inside] (Started by Ricepigeon January 30, 2011, 09:14:19 pm

This is the only one I could do at this time. Will probably make another one soon

Ibuki Mioda (Danganronpa) because of her horn hairstyle and her name being similar to Suika

Re: Dragon BallZ vs One Piece Project Official Post

September 25, 2017, 05:23:30 am View in topic context
 Posted by QuickFist  in Dragon BallZ vs One Piece Project Official Post (Started by kenshiro99 January 11, 2017, 07:44:38 pm

Looks awesome!

September 25, 2017, 05:21:58 am View in topic context
 Posted by Jmorphman  in Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Started by Sookoll May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm

I'm only a few hours into Samus Returns, but I'm liking it a lot more than AM2R. Don't get me wrong, AM2R obviously had a ton of love and effort put into it, and it's a really incredible achievement, but... Samus Returns is the real thing, whereas AM2R often felt like a (very very impressive) Zero Mission mod. Samus Returns makes a lot of interesting gameplay choices (like the counter stuff and Aeion abilities) that make it feel really fresh, while also helping to smooth out the somewhat awkward nature of Metroid 2's map and game progression (which I felt that AM2R was too faithful to, to its detriment).

The only really negative things I can say about Samus Returns at this point is that they have Fusion style wall jumping (boo!) and (this is incredibly minor in the grand scheme of things) some of the sound effect, (especially spin jumping, sound off to me.

Re: Copper mines RNK

September 25, 2017, 05:21:56 am View in topic context
 Posted by MCX  in Copper mines RNK (Started by Reginukem September 24, 2017, 03:41:02 am
 Board: Your Releases, older Mugen

Awesome stage dude, btw, I love all your edited stages

September 25, 2017, 05:12:20 am View in topic context

That should be all you need.  And to my knowledge, all DoctorM64 put out before getting shut down.  Anything beyond that is fan work being done on top of fan work by other sources.  You should be good then.

September 25, 2017, 05:10:53 am View in topic context
 Posted by Snakebyte  in Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Started by Sookoll May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm

I have 1.1 saved. Not sure if any versions were put out after that.

Re: Roster Showcase

September 25, 2017, 05:00:50 am View in topic context
 Posted by MCX  in Roster Showcase (Started by Saohc October 14, 2009, 08:46:02 pm
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Discussion

September 25, 2017, 04:59:12 am View in topic context

If you still intend a run through of AM2R, go for the updated version of it, if you can.    I haven't had reason to search for a redownload, as I didn't have the issue myself, but apparently a number of players (Who were stupidly fast, I guess) who went all the way and reached the Gravity Suit shortly after the initial release found the game completely bugged out and removed Samus from the screen while playing after getting it.  The update patched that out.  A really quick bug hunt and fix, now that I think of it and the time restraints between AM2R's release and it's DMCA from Nintendo.  Huh.

Spoiler: As for speedrunning spoilers (click to see content)

September 25, 2017, 04:57:00 am View in topic context
avatar  Posted by Seadragon77  in The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Rocket man burning out his fuse up here (Started by Ricepigeon March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm

You are both shouting dumb partisan things at eachother and it's making you both look dumb.

While that is oh so true that I look bad, I feel it's the only way to fight back... trying to use facts and reason is impossible against Trump supporters, so the only option is to go down on their level and mud sling as well. When the current Idiocracy is gone, then there might be a chance for reason to return... until then, it's probably going to be a long four years.