YesNoOk

Recent Posts

MOVED: How to assign a variable a random integer

May 24, 2018, 03:42:32 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by The_Eraser  in MOVED: How to assign a variable a random integer (Started by The_Eraser May 24, 2018, 03:42:32 pm
 Board: Code Library

This topic has been moved to M.U.G.E.N Development Help.

[iurl]http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/how-assign-variable-random-integer-183768.0[/iurl].html

Re: MVC Cyber Ken HI-RES by Scar & RAMON GARCIA & Yolomate

May 24, 2018, 03:38:38 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Ramon Garcia  in MVC Cyber Ken HI-RES by Scar & RAMON GARCIA & Yolomate (Started by Ramon Garcia May 24, 2018, 03:14:15 pm
 Board: Edits & Addons 1.0+

How to assign a variable a random integer

May 24, 2018, 03:35:21 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by The_Eraser  in How to assign a variable a random integer (Started by The_Eraser May 24, 2018, 03:35:21 pm
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Development Help

So, I'm working on a character that someone else has made, doing a few edits and tweaks to make it play a little better. One of this character's moves means that the other player has to struggle to get free. Every time they struggle, the struggle counter goes up by 1. Previously, when the struggle counter reaches 8, the player would be released. I thought this was a bit streamlined and wanted to be able to randomise the amount of struggles someone had to do before they could escape. My main issue is that most of what I have found on here tells you how to assign a variable a random number, but I want the number of struggles needed to escape to be random, rather than the number of struggles, if that makes any sense.

The main part of the code that I'm focussing on is this:
[state 1004] ;release
type = changestate
triggerall = numtarget
triggerall = target, alive
trigger1 = var(4) = 8 && (var(5) = 1)
trigger2 = roundstate = 3
value = 1012

Var(4) is the variable dealing with the number of struggles. Therefore, "trigger1 = var(4) = 8" is saying "when the amount of struggles reaches 8, they will be released". The 8 is therefore the integer that I want to be randomised but, pretty much all my methods have been unsuccessful. I have managed to find out how to generally make the integer random, simply by doing this: "trigger1 = var(4) = random". This provided me with a random number of struggles needed to escape, but I would really like to define the range of numbers that can be picked, 1-16. I have tried lots of different things and either the game will be unable to load the character or the other player is released instantly without struggling. If anyone has any idea how I can set it so that var(4) = a random integer between 1-16 that would be fantastic!

Also, I should mention that I'm new to this site and I am also not great with coding.

Re: MVC Cyber Ken HI-RES by Scar & RAMON GARCIA & Yolomate

May 24, 2018, 03:33:03 pm View in topic context
 Posted by BahamianKing Gaming  in MVC Cyber Ken HI-RES by Scar & RAMON GARCIA & Yolomate (Started by Ramon Garcia May 24, 2018, 03:14:15 pm

very nice man! loving these hi-res chars!

Re: SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy (Switch / PS4)

May 24, 2018, 03:27:43 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Magma MK-II  in SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy (Switch / PS4) (Started by Titiln January 11, 2018, 03:26:53 pm
 Board: Fighting Games

From what i'm seeing there isn't really as much customization as they've been claiming, since each character apparently only have the three base costumes and you only add acessories.

MVC Cyber Ken HI-RES by Scar & RAMON GARCIA & Yolomate

May 24, 2018, 03:14:15 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Ramon Garcia  in MVC Cyber Ken HI-RES by Scar & RAMON GARCIA & Yolomate (Started by Ramon Garcia May 24, 2018, 03:14:15 pm

MVC Cyber Ken HI-RES

author = "Scar"
;HI-RES edit by RAMON GARCIA = filtered sprites, popularly known as HI-RES
;New pallets by Yolomate, thank you so much man :)

link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8yazrpokps25a7c/
If you could support the author of MUGEN CHAR HI-RES TUTORIAL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCPXXJ47wvg

Some people will like others not.
But as I do not like to keep anything private I come here to share.

What did I do:
I upgraded and filtered the sprites of char and some efects in XBR 4x

Small mistake that I found after I filtered the sprites and converted:
1- Needs fix the hyper portrait in some paletts.
2- When you finish with the special 'Shining_Gou_Shock' need wait +-10 seconds to continue to next round
3- And needs create or copy from other char of Ken the special 'SHINIUKEN'

If they find any bug, etc. leave your comment.
Any comment is welcome.
Hope you like it.

And all credits to the authors / editors of this char if it were not for him we would never have the privilege of playing with this great char.

============================================================

MVC Cyber Ken HI-RES

author = "Scar"
;HI-RES edit by RAMON GARCIA = sprites filtrados, popularmente conhecido como HI-RES
;Novas paletas por Yolomate, muito obrigado cara :)

Algumas pessoas vão gostar outras não.
Mas como eu não gosto de guardar nada em privado venho aqui compartilhar.

O que eu fiz:
Aumentei e filtrei os sprites do char e alguns efeitos em XBR 4x

Pequeno erro que achei depois que filtrei os sprites e converti:
1- Precisa arrumar o hyper portrait em algumas paletas.
2- Quando você ganha com o especial 'Shining_Gou_Shock' precisa esperar +-10 segundos para ir para o próximo round
3- E precisa criar ou copiar de outro char do Ken o especial 'SHINIUKEN'

Se encontrarem algum erro bug etc deixem seu comentário.
Qualquer comentário é bem vindo.
Espero que gostem.

E todos os créditos aos autores/editores desse char se não fosse por ele nunca teríamos o privilegio de jogar com esse ótimo char.

Re: Ikemen Plus

May 24, 2018, 02:55:41 pm View in topic context
 Posted by K4thos  in Ikemen Plus (Started by ShinLucho November 20, 2017, 12:45:35 am
 Board: IKEMEN Releases

Ikemen GO (current in progres) engine:
Here the source tree of the most recent version of thr engine, suehiro abandoned his own source code in favor of the GO language; that is why most of the things must be reimplemented, the good thing is that the open language of google (GO) has a lot of documentation, is multiple platform compatible and has libraries adapted from the basics to use (like lua,sdl.opengl).
SSZ is only used to interpret the common mugen states.
the bolded part is incorrect. Ikemen GO doesn't use SSZ language at all. The engine has been completly rewritten in GO langauage and doesn't share a single line of source code with original Ikemen.

Ikemen GO Plus:
Is a "what if/merged erasable experimental fork" done by K4thos to test some functions meanwhile the original is updated using the mentioned GO version.

The "experimental" branch means that it's not ready for release (has unfinished features, requires testing). Ikemen GO Plus itself is a fork of Ikemen GO where we try to implement all remaining mugen features that are still missing in Ikemen GO (stuff that author doesn't seem to be interested in adding himself) and add new ones. It's done by modifying both source code and lua scripting files that the engine uses to control interface. In future (once there is stable release) we hope that the fork will be merged with official Ikemen GO release, if ikemen author (suehiro) will accept such pull request.

In fact viewing all this, maybe in the near future is more plausible to make a community mugen engine clone in c++ reinterpreting all the discoveries from suehiro and virtuatek implementing it as a legacy support mode, more smaller, more powerfull, multi platform, modular, opensource and using one single programming languaje.
Wait, you're thinking about creating new engine from scratch, using suehiro's code as a reference, this time in c++? Doing the same work for the third time (Ikemen SSZ -> Ikemen GO -> C++ engine with whatever name) would be a huge waste of time, imo, that could be spent on polishing and expanding existing engine.  Unless you're talking about adding support for mugen stuff to OpenBor (which would be interesting idea).

btw. Ikemen GO is already small, open source, multi platform (can be compiled for windows, linux and mac os) and uses a single programming language (lua is used as a scripting language for interface creation, those files, like mugen content, are not part of the source code).

Finally to the interested people like me in this, here are some util information.
A full list of various availables libraries for GO to explore. (Audio,video,gamepad,3d,network,etc) useful to implement MP3 ,proper OGG, gamepad support and more.
The sdl library i want to test for simple audio and video on ikemen go.
A possible answer to the question on how to compile a 32bits binnary of a GO program.
this sounds very promising. The engine desperately needs programmers that can edit source code. Not sure about awesome-go library since it doesn't seem to aim for mobile devices (I think the only dependency that currently prevents Ikemen GO from being compatible with Android is go-glfw which hopefully will support mobiles at some point).

Re: Cyber Akuma MvC [HI-RES] by Scar & RAMON GARCIA

May 24, 2018, 02:45:15 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Ramon Garcia  in Cyber Akuma MvC HI-RES by Scar & RAMON GARCIA & Yolomate (Started by Ramon Garcia March 06, 2018, 04:50:55 pm

[EDIT: new update with new pallets]

Re: Wayne Manor Ruins 1.1 & 1.0

May 24, 2018, 02:41:54 pm View in topic context
 Posted by MatreroG  in Wayne Manor Ruins 1.1 & 1.0 (Started by MatreroG May 23, 2018, 06:07:15 pm
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

Re: Kingdom Hearts General Thread

May 24, 2018, 02:12:10 pm View in topic context
 Posted by RoySquadRocks  in Kingdom Hearts General Thread (Started by Hoshi October 15, 2013, 08:38:41 am
 Board: Gaming

Wreck-It Ralph is a summon... unfortunately.

Re: PotS Style Felicia for Child's Play Charity! Stream begins 5/25 10:30 A.M. CST

May 24, 2018, 02:08:35 pm View in topic context
 Posted by TrinitroRoy  in PotS Style Felicia for Child's Play Charity! Stream begins 5/25 10:30 A.M. CST (Started by Jesuszilla May 19, 2018, 08:10:45 pm
 Board: Idea Engineering

I'm sad I missed this thread. Otherwise, I would have voted for Extra Life as a charity.

Re: Ada Wong ( Resident Evil)

May 24, 2018, 01:09:51 pm View in topic context
 Posted by FlavioCamarao  in Ada Wong ( Resident Evil) (Started by FlavioCamarao February 28, 2018, 12:36:56 am
 Board: Projects

Ganado intro

Re: Kingdom Hearts General Thread

May 24, 2018, 01:00:21 pm View in topic context
 Posted by TrinitroRoy  in Kingdom Hearts General Thread (Started by Hoshi October 15, 2013, 08:38:41 am
 Board: Gaming

Wreck-it Ralph better not be represented in summon only!!!
I need a Wreck-it Ralph world in my life!
Like, seriously, just imagine the possibilities! Just imagine how many ways this game could possibly go with a Wreck-it Ralph world!
Heck, maybe they can make older Final Fantasy games cameo in that world as well.
Or heck, maybe even Square's pre-FF games! Like, holy shit, the possibilities are never ending!

Re: Ikemen Plus

May 24, 2018, 12:29:57 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by MangeX  in Ikemen Plus (Started by ShinLucho November 20, 2017, 12:45:35 am
 Board: IKEMEN Releases

Thank you very much K4thos for answer all my questions.
After a quick search to understand how the ikemen engine works, I found some interesting things.

Creator repository:
this is suehiro repository for all the projects involved on the engine.

Main source:
The source and exe of his main SSZ original programming languaje project apparently done with c++,it has sound, ascii, and basics implemented.

Ikemen SSZ (vanilla deprecated) engine:
The main source of the mugen clone itsef, it seems that it is compiled and programmed using the original code above mentioned as interpreter, adding it suport for lua languaje,sdl,opengl, ogg vorbis and other things.
All used is opensource so suehiro addapted the libraries to the project; ikemen is an expansion of his original SSZ code.

Ikemen GO (current in progres) engine:
Here the source tree of the most recent version of thr engine, suehiro abandoned his own source code in favor of the GO language; that is why most of the things must be reimplemented, the good thing is that the open language of google (GO) has a lot of documentation, is multiple platform compatible and has libraries adapted from the basics to use (like lua,sdl.opengl).
SSZ is only used to interpret the common mugen states.

Ikemen Plus:
Is "just" an expansion project using the lua languaje above implemented to extend the capabilities of the basics in main engine, regardless of the source code that is made the main executable. It is like a languaje above another languaje or a code expanding a compatible code.

Ikemen GO Plus:
Is a "what if/merged erasable experimental fork" done by K4thos to test some functions meanwhile the original is updated using the mentioned GO version.

Finally to the interested people like me in this, here are some util information.
A full list of various availables libraries for GO to explore. (Audio,video,gamepad,3d,network,etc) useful to implement MP3 ,proper OGG, gamepad support and more.
The sdl library i want to test for simple audio and video on ikemen go.
A possible answer to the question on how to compile a 32bits binnary of a GO program.

In fact viewing all this, maybe in the near future is more plausible to make a community mugen engine clone in c++ reinterpreting all the discoveries from suehiro and virtuatek implementing it as a legacy support mode, more smaller, more powerfull, multi platform, modular, opensource and using one single programming languaje.

-Openbor/chronocrash is an opensource multiplatform beat em up engine thats is why the interaction between comunities-

...Oh almost forgot, the adventure mode from my previous post was more as a beat em up or platform extra mode using z movement; at least this is not mugen and the posibilities are beyond infinite.

Re: Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.2 (UPDATED May, 19 + PATCH)

May 24, 2018, 11:23:09 am View in topic context
 Posted by Jesuszilla  in Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.2 (UPDATED May, 19 + PATCH) (Started by VirtuallTek April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 pm

Can confirm the above problem.

Re: M206 Project Thread: Pag.6 HELP NEEDED - Readme/tutorial

May 24, 2018, 10:59:24 am View in topic context
avatar  Posted by warecus  in M206 Project Thread: Pag.6 HELP NEEDED - Readme/tutorial (Started by M206 December 06, 2017, 04:56:42 pm

I would definitely have someone help you with the shading like you did with that sf4 kick and I would mesh both stances or incorporate it by distance like you did with the other stances...maybe a low health stance or rage stance

Re: Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.2 (UPDATED May, 19 + PATCH)

May 24, 2018, 10:42:10 am View in topic context
 Posted by Farengeit  in Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.2 (UPDATED May, 19 + PATCH) (Started by VirtuallTek April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 pm

Crash program in the code editor when deleting code that contains the "[StateDef XXX]" (XXX is some number). Observed with any character (for example, Kung Fu Man).

Re: Edited Stages

May 24, 2018, 09:33:30 am View in topic context
 Posted by PeXXeR  in Edited Stages (Started by Shiyo Kakuge August 11, 2014, 07:21:43 pm

At this point I'm feeling like building a roster with his stages only, the guy is really fast.

that's what I did, add Flowrellik's stages  and Ken's stages and you are ready to go

Re: Rugal Bernstein (on hold until further notice)

May 24, 2018, 08:40:29 am View in topic context
avatar  Posted by 2dover3d  in Rugal Bernstein (on hold until further notice) (Started by ReddBrink January 21, 2018, 08:23:30 am

Re: Rugal Bernstein (on hold until further notice)

May 24, 2018, 07:16:35 am View in topic context
 Posted by The Sudden Rarity  in Rugal Bernstein (on hold until further notice) (Started by ReddBrink January 21, 2018, 08:23:30 am

That is good news ^..^ still gonna be both God and normal versions?