YesNoOk

Recent Posts

Re: what game are you playing right now

May 24, 2018, 01:41:05 am View in topic context
 Posted by walt  in what game are you playing right now (Started by Shunu December 09, 2009, 09:37:27 pm
 Board: Gaming

So many people to play again on PS3? For real?

This I gotta see!

Re: Super Smash Bros for Switch

May 24, 2018, 01:33:33 am View in topic context
 Posted by Long John Killer  in Super Smash Bros for Switch (Started by GTOAkira March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
 Board: Fighting Games

Now, I never played Mother 3 because I'm not that good at Japanese and I've never arsed to try the fan translation because there's always a new rumor about how it's coming out soon for the Wii/Wii U/Switch, but from my understanding...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Re: Characters that fit in perfectly with The_None's characters

May 24, 2018, 01:32:39 am View in topic context
 Posted by Baby Bonnie Hood  in Characters that fit in perfectly with The_None's characters (Started by Dragon-Poetry January 31, 2015, 09:14:17 pm
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Discussion

Pardon my pessimism, but I don't think MEXIBEAMS were a staple of The_None.

May 24, 2018, 01:23:16 am View in topic context
 Posted by Person Man  in Super Smash Bros for Switch (Started by GTOAkira March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am

Ridley is simply a complicated character to design for Smash without some form of backlash.  I mean, I wouldn't even be against him being as big as he canonically is, with slow attacks but helped by boasting superarmor, if Sakurai focuses more on the "it's just for fun" design of Smash moreso than competitive viability.  Just have tournaments ban him.  But people would be upset with that approach too, because many would want another regular use character rather than a "joke".  Which is totally understandable, but as has been said numerous times, when you shrink him you get a split as to how to make it still feel like a giant space dragon who eats people whole to heal and jostles Samus around in his claws yet still fit in with the rest of the crowd.

If Smash was at all concerned about maintaining canon with the original series, we wouldn't have more than half of the characters we do now.  Capt. Falcon never leaves his race car, Ness can't use most of the PK attacks he has in Smash, Wii Fit Trainer/Villager/Mr. Game & Watch never even had anything that could be referred to as an attack.  Most of the movesets for most of the characters are entirely original for Smash.

I think Ridley could be made to work easily.  Make him 1/2 to 3/4 the size he was as a boss in Smash 4 so he's still big, but not too much bigger than everyone else.  Make him a heavyweight powerhouse like Bowser, with strong aerials and a shitty ground game.  Bam.

I'm reminded that he kinda would be the darkest character in Smash, a straight-forward mass-murdering human-eating villain, and I've wondered if that might also sway Sakurai away from putting more effort into trying to make him fit?  It is still a happy fun time party fighting game they're advertising.

You wanna talk dark characters?  Lucas' backstory makes Ridley look like a kitten.

Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread

May 24, 2018, 01:20:41 am View in topic context
 Posted by Bastard Mami  in entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Started by Titiln June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
 Board: Entertainment

Ha, so matt groening sold his integrityt to the isekai demons!

Re: Looking to do portrait commissions

May 24, 2018, 01:20:02 am View in topic context
 Posted by Jesuszilla  in Looking to do portrait commissions (Started by ferretsshadow May 23, 2018, 10:06:00 am

I'mma be real: These look like shit. Nobody's going to use these, let alone donate for them. Learn how to resize in the correct ratio first.

Re: Looking to do portrait commissions

May 24, 2018, 01:16:54 am View in topic context
 Posted by Melcore  in Looking to do portrait commissions (Started by ferretsshadow May 23, 2018, 10:06:00 am

sorry about missing the links, I didn't see them on my phone when I first viewed the topic.

Its about time and work I'm doing it for free and if people feel like donating out of thanks id appreciate it.  Its the wrong attitude to think someone's time isnt worth even a thank you. And if someones not capable of doing it themselves or doesnt have the time. Those were for my personal collection from an older mugen im willing to do it any style to fit your screenpack thank you very much and have a nice day guys

I know exactly where you are coming from.
If you were talking about just donating then I understand, the word "commissions" is what threw me off.

May 24, 2018, 12:58:07 am View in topic context
 Posted by Kirishima  in Super Smash Bros for Switch (Started by GTOAkira March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am

Ridley is gonna have a gigantic hitbox making him combo fodder to the likes of Fox, Meta-Knight, and Pikachu so it makes no difference if he gets in or not.

Re: Silvy Garnet?

May 24, 2018, 12:50:48 am View in topic context
 Posted by MotorRoach  in Silvy Garnet? (Started by Pin March 02, 2018, 04:34:48 pm
 Board: Sprite Projects

Super smooth and fluid animations as usual. Like I've said previously, the quality in here looks very official.

Re: Mortal Kombat II MUGEN, with MKP S2.5 stuff (original by Juano16)

May 24, 2018, 12:41:48 am View in topic context

FINAL VERSION RELEASE! (finally :P)

Download → https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J1JF8y5z1Y3tBNAozt3L7HdwTjl7i5U1/view?usp=sharing
Huge thanks to GLAM and ShinSmoke for the big help and for the stuff. :)

It's finally here! The Final Version of Mortal Kombat 2 MUGEN!! :D
Here's the changelog.
- Added all the MKII stuff from GLAM's Edit
- Fixed position and animation of new Friendship message
- Added Tremor, Skarlet, Emerald and Red Robin
- Added new stuff and fixes from the lastest edit by ShinSmoke
- New endings for Jade, Smoke and Noob Saibot
- Added Boss Mode of Shang Tsung (LeoCobainJr's Edit)
- Added new Pit II Other Side by ShinSmoke
- Fixes on Hornbuckle and Reptile

More details and credits in the "README - CREDITS.txt"

Thanks a lot fellas for the patience and support. Next days i'll post the Playthrough of the new kombatents and my Supreme Demonstration of the game.

TOASTY!

Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)

May 24, 2018, 12:38:21 am View in topic context
avatar  Posted by Casualguymoe  in Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Started by shin. [OFWGKTA] July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
 Board: Introductions and Guides

Hello all I’m Ryan and I remember using mugen like 20? Years ago. I’m back into it because I’m a life long martial artist and I’ve always wanted to create my own fighting game. I have zero talent and know nothing when it comes to creating mugen stuff. So I just end up changing characters display names, height, width, and stats. Pretending they’re my characters LOL!

I run a business and mugen is a great stress release!

I also enjoy openbor!

Re: Shoma Tsukenzo, a Bruce Lee lookalike based on me and 1980's badasses

May 24, 2018, 12:33:01 am View in topic context
 Posted by RedDragonCats17  in Shoma Tsukenzo, a Bruce Lee lookalike based on me and 1980's badasses (Started by RedDragonCats17 May 18, 2018, 07:52:08 am
 Board: Idea Engineering

There's another character that I wanna make. Idk if there are any fans of this character, but it's Daisy from Mario.

I'm thinking about making her a grappler and a long-range fighter. I do have one idea for certain moves, her outfit will change to other outfits. A soccer projectile will use her Strikers (not charged), and a water move will use her Rio 2016 olympics outfit.

However, I do need some help with her default outfit. Originally I was going to go for her tennis dress from Mario Tennis Open/Mario Sports Mix, but some people do suggest her in her shorts outfit because of her personality and character. She does look good in both, so I'm more or less hitting a brick wall.

So, out of the 2 outfits, which do you guys prefer.

(Idk if I should rename this thread or not, I'm just gonna keep the original name just because)

Re: Wayne Manor Ruins 1.1 & 1.0

May 24, 2018, 12:30:16 am View in topic context
 Posted by Vegaz_Parrelli  in Wayne Manor Ruins 1.1 & 1.0 (Started by MatreroG May 23, 2018, 06:07:15 pm
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

You’re killing these comic stages

I still think you’d kill an arkham asylum concept stage with villains behind cells... sprites of some villains can be taken from the Batman TAS SNES or Genesis games

Yes! Doooo it!  :yippi:

Re: PotS Style Felicia

May 24, 2018, 12:28:35 am View in topic context
 Posted by TheFclass97  in PotS Style Felicia (Started by Jesuszilla May 19, 2018, 08:10:45 pm
 Board: Idea Engineering

Cool. Can't wait to see what's in stored and donate.

Re: Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.2 (UPDATED May, 19 + PATCH)

May 24, 2018, 12:20:37 am View in topic context
 Posted by Jesuszilla  in Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.2 (UPDATED May, 19 + PATCH) (Started by VirtuallTek April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 pm

What does the character's MUGEN version say in the .def?

I've tried with both Mugenversion = 1.1 and Mugenversion = 1.0     I get the same error.
It's related to my characters sharing a .cns file. I know this because if I delete the line "st4 = ../../Data/Mugen States.cns" on .Def (being that line the shared .cns), it works. However, I works anyway on Fighter factory 3.

Try to have two characters sharing a .cns file, I bet you will get the same error. I know nobody makes characters share .cns files but it is a really good way to make the build lighter, since all characters use a same group of sprites.

You're one of the first devs I've seen do that! Good on you for knowing to share data. I suspect FF just doesn't like relative paths in the .def for whatever reason.

EDIT: Also, it's erroring out on sinadd's third parameter (sinadd parameters are R,G,B):

Re: Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super) by 280gou (2018/05/22)

May 24, 2018, 12:05:43 am View in topic context
avatar  Posted by desertstorm1909  in Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super) by 280gou (2018/05/22) (Started by Nakiri May 23, 2018, 05:01:35 pm
 Board: Found Releases

Incredible....this might be the best Goku for MUGEN

Re: Wayne Manor Ruins 1.1 & 1.0

May 23, 2018, 11:58:18 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by dakidbanks  in Wayne Manor Ruins 1.1 & 1.0 (Started by MatreroG May 23, 2018, 06:07:15 pm

You’re killing these comic stages

I still think you’d kill an arkham asylum concept stage with villains behind cells... sprites of some villains can be taken from the Batman TAS SNES or Genesis games

May 23, 2018, 11:56:47 pm View in topic context
 Posted by MR. IBZS II  in Super Smash Bros for Switch (Started by GTOAkira March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am

Fox never had a hexagon light shield until Sakurai couldn't think of anything else for Down-B, I mean.

May 23, 2018, 11:53:01 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Long John Killer  in Super Smash Bros for Switch (Started by GTOAkira March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am

As someone who hates those stupid jet heels (But loves the concept if they just stuck to the actual jet boots she actually has) the Smash 4 version of Zero Suit Samus is hardly compromising her character.  Though I would still like some official canon recognition about her paralyzer apparently turning into a lightsaber/whip, since Smash is the only place that's a thing (And Haloid, now that I think of it, which...did that come first, before Brawl?  Did Smash steal a fan concept?) the character still very much looks like and acts like Samus, if more along the lines of Other M Samus.

Ridley is simply a complicated character to design for Smash without some form of backlash.  I mean, I wouldn't even be against him being as big as he canonically is, with slow attacks but helped by boasting superarmor, if Sakurai focuses more on the "it's just for fun" design of Smash moreso than competitive viability.  Just have tournaments ban him.  But people would be upset with that approach too, because many would want another regular use character rather than a "joke".  Which is totally understandable, but as has been said numerous times, when you shrink him you get a split as to how to make it still feel like a giant space dragon who eats people whole to heal and jostles Samus around in his claws yet still fit in with the rest of the crowd.

Speaking of eating people

I'm reminded that he kinda would be the darkest character in Smash, a straight-forward mass-murdering human-eating villain, and I've wondered if that might also sway Sakurai away from putting more effort into trying to make him fit?  It is still a happy fun time party fighting game they're advertising.  Granted, Bayonetta made it in but even censored she's still an odd one out in the roster.

Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)

May 23, 2018, 11:37:34 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Long John Killer  in Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Started by Long John Killer April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
 Board: Entertainment

I liked how they animated this fight.  Only the very ending felt, I dunno, suddenly rushed from who wins to jumping to the K.O. screen.  Ah well, nitpicking.  For not caring much about either side, the rundown actually made me care a bit more about Leon, so that's nice.

Next fight is Doctor Strange and Doctor Fate, eh?  Thought they would avoid reality-warpers, but I suppose this one has been a long time coming, so an exception can be made.  I'm not exceedingly versed in either, but like, isn't Fate considered deity level?  Granted, Marvel's gods are still super-powerful and Strange can tangle with them.

I get the feeling because Strange relies on the Eye of Agamotto for things like time manipulation and Fate can just manipulate it himself, there will be some way to disconnect it from Strange and Fate will be able to hold that advantage over him.  Like, rewinding to when he first gets it, thus can't yet control its power like in the present, then erasing him then affecting future/present Strange.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking characters I'm not an expert on, who's to say?