YesNoOk

Recent Posts

Re: Net Neutrality is in danger.... Again.

November 23, 2017, 10:40:11 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Niitris  in Net Neutrality is in danger.... Again. (Started by _Data_Drain_ November 19, 2017, 01:57:06 pm
 Board: All That's Left

I've already explained that it has the effect of big telecoms and shitty practices, so don't know where you're getting "faith in ISPs" from. Best we can hope for is that technology changes service distribution somewhere down the line that allow us to bypass them in some way.

There wasn't a big enough sample size to prove if Title II was bad or not. The trends weren't encouraging though:

http://sbecouncil.org/2015/09/11/results-are-in-net-neutrality-regulation-and-diminished-investment/

Increased regulation always comes with increased costs. (business 101)

When elected officials and/or their appointees ignore this reality, entrepreneurship, business, employment, innovation and investment suffer, as do, ultimately, consumers as well.

And as SBE Council has emphasized, small businesses certainly suffer from the negative impact of regulation, including this gross regulatory overreach by the FCC. Consider, for example, that among firms within the telecommunications sector, 83 percent have fewer than 20 workers and 98 percent less than 500 employees. In addition, lost investment hurts small businesses as content providers in many industries, and enterprises across industries that reach new customers and markets via the Internet, and of course, as consumers of goods and services online.

Not mentioned is how these regulations have cost $5.1 billion in investments but that was well after this article. The question should be: How does Title II encourage internet growth? Given that the US suffers from embarassingly slow speeds despite it's economic status as a whole.

And yeah history is relevant because the same concepts apply. It's not somehow "invalid" because it happened 50 years ago, in the same industry I should add.

Imagine if the response to stop EA from abusing loot boxes and other anti-consumer DLC was... to make a gaming standard with 80 pages of DLC rules that all publishers must abide by. Naturally some protections would attempt to protect indie/small publishers, but they would still have to spend more money to make sure their content is in compliance with the rules. Money they may not even have, which would mean less content for your favorite niche title. All while EA and Ubisoft can still easily make DLC and push the envelope as far as the rules allow them.

Re: Dragon BallZ vs One Piece Project Official Post

November 23, 2017, 10:30:37 pm View in topic context
 Posted by oscar123  in Dragon BallZ vs One Piece Project Official Post (Started by kenshiro99 January 11, 2017, 07:44:38 pm
 Board: Projects

which?

Re: The CS Discussion Thread

November 23, 2017, 10:29:19 pm View in topic context
 Posted by morbidjoe  in The CS Discussion Thread (Started by Froz August 14, 2013, 06:40:53 am
 Board: Sprite Projects

Ooh ok then I'll have to have those share the eye color

Re: Big Trouble in Little China

November 23, 2017, 10:27:20 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by XaeeD  in Big Trouble in Little China (Started by adriano gt November 18, 2017, 06:39:59 pm

Old man David Lo Pan, WIP.

This is a prop for in some background. Not sure where he'd go, but Adriano asked me to do something with wheelchair Lo Pan, so I figured I'd start with a background edit for him. Couldn't really find good references for him from the actual movie, as he isn't in too many scenes, and the scenes that he does show up are mostly close ups of his upper body and head, usually somewhat half en profile (looking sideways).

So since I can't really work with actual images from the movie, I searched google images for old dudes in wheel chairs. First of all, the wheel chair in the movie looks like a regular wheelchair, it has these huge back wheels, but it's still electrical. Modern electrical wheelchairs have very small back wheels and are usually a lot bulkier than the one in the movie. I can enlarge the wheel if need be. The image I used here is from some creepy exposition. The old man is a puppet, missing a leg. I reduced its size to match MK sprites, but a little bit smaller, because he is going to be in the background. Then I cut him and his chair out of the photograph. Some MK sprites to compare sizes.

Upper right corner, I divided specific parts and pieces of the image into one-color portions to prepare the editing process. Far right is him in somewhat recognizable colors, with a 300% version underneath, just to have a better look.

Eventually, he should look something like the Noob Saibot edit I added next to the Sub-Zero sprites. Same process. The head I'll take off of google images, from the actual David Lo Pan from the movie. The aim is to have certain parts moving, like the head, turning in different directions or something.

sprites

November 23, 2017, 10:21:33 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by Javon  in sprites (Started by Javon November 23, 2017, 10:21:33 pm
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Development Help

https://youtu.be/xzm_4ov2gi0 ...Can someone take a look at God Rugal's sprite at 0:09,I'm trying to make that sprite,I apply the palette and Import the sprites but Importing the sprites didn't work,I think you do something else before you apply the palette and save the walking images,I really forgot,what was it,I have nothing else to do but this?

Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread

November 23, 2017, 10:16:21 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by -Red-  in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Started by Erroratu November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
 Board: Fighting Games

He still counts as a separate character, he isn't even a hidden one. Removing him is as arbitrary as removing Ken because he's a "Ryu headswap".

Re: KOF Anthology All Characters Pack (Updated 17.11.18)

November 23, 2017, 10:14:09 pm View in topic context
 Posted by AerosMugen  in KOF Anthology All Characters Pack (Updated 17.11.23) (Started by duracelleur September 13, 2015, 01:14:18 am
 Board: Edits & Addons 1.0+

[Reiji (by Shinriyo && N.A.P., sprites by Thedge commissioned by Melcore).

I'll ask you to add this to the readme, specially the Melcore part.
It's a shame unfinished sprites are used, people just can't wait.

November 23, 2017, 10:07:59 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Just No Point  in The CS Discussion Thread (Started by Froz August 14, 2013, 06:40:53 am

Those are after image eyes used to imitate a fast speed during her trip anim. Looking forward to this one!

Re: KOF Anthology All Characters Pack (Updated 17.11.23)

November 23, 2017, 09:43:04 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Alex Sonico  in KOF Anthology All Characters Pack (Updated 17.11.23) (Started by duracelleur September 13, 2015, 01:14:18 am

Oh lord things just got hotter!!!!!

Re: All KOF 13 characters were updated on 11/23/2017

November 23, 2017, 09:30:03 pm View in topic context
 Posted by oscar123  in All KOF 13 characters were updated on 11/23/2017 (Started by eken55 January 15, 2017, 08:18:13 pm
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

the chars are nice,but need more i.a.can make a options for can change the i,.a for more dificult?.is easy win.

Re: Big Trouble in Little China

November 23, 2017, 09:15:51 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by XaeeD  in Big Trouble in Little China (Started by adriano gt November 18, 2017, 06:39:59 pm

Whatever yo do, you need to have the lose by time over for thunder be the self destruct.

I think it should be his fatality. Just like Smoke blows himself up in his MK3 fatality, Thunder should do the same.

Re: All KOF 13 characters were updated on 11/23/2017

November 23, 2017, 09:08:05 pm View in topic context
 Posted by eken55  in All KOF 13 characters were updated on 11/23/2017 (Started by eken55 January 15, 2017, 08:18:13 pm
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

All characters were updated on 11/23/17. Please see the topic for more info.

Re: KOF Anthology All Characters Pack (Updated 17.11.22)

November 23, 2017, 08:54:54 pm View in topic context
 Posted by duracelleur  in KOF Anthology All Characters Pack (Updated 17.11.23) (Started by duracelleur September 13, 2015, 01:14:18 am

Update 17.11.23 : New bonus character added : Gaara (by Kempachi-mx).

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Check first post.
++

November 23, 2017, 08:39:59 pm View in topic context
 Posted by morbidjoe  in The CS Discussion Thread (Started by Froz August 14, 2013, 06:40:53 am

No not those these balls that appear during this animation only

Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!

November 23, 2017, 08:15:00 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Darkflare  in Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Started by Vans November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am

I'm on Thanksgiving vacation for this week in Florida, so I went ahead and got me a switch while I could.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

November 23, 2017, 08:12:03 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by drewski90  in Happy Thanksgiving! (Started by DNZRX768 November 23, 2017, 07:50:32 pm

i'm having turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, etc.

i'm thankful for improving myself

Re: The Nintendo News Thread

November 23, 2017, 08:03:12 pm View in topic context
 Posted by DNZRX768  in The Nintendo News Thread (Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
 Board: Gaming

The greatest and weirdest stuff always come out of Japan for some reason.

Anyway:

Splatoon's getting quite a large update tomorrow. It is quite amazing when a game gets so much support after launch like this.

Re: what games will you buy on this black friday? and why?

November 23, 2017, 07:54:11 pm View in topic context
 Posted by DNZRX768  in what games will you buy on this black friday? and why? (Started by yaret November 23, 2017, 04:30:58 pm

Pokémon Ultra Moon at the very least, even though I have not even completed the Pokémon Moon version!

Other than that? Maybe a game or two off Steam? Who knows. I am planning to get a new smartphone tomorrow at the earliest, so that might be my one big purchase for Black Friday...

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 23, 2017, 07:50:32 pm View in topic context
 Posted by DNZRX768  in Happy Thanksgiving! (Started by DNZRX768 November 23, 2017, 07:50:32 pm

Today is Thanksgiving Day for all of us in the USA!

What are you having for dinner tonight and what are you all thankful for?

Re: Avoid to turn player 2

November 23, 2017, 07:43:54 pm View in topic context
 Posted by nissouma55  in Avoid to turn player 2 (Started by daraku November 18, 2017, 01:20:58 pm
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Development Help

Oh... You're welcome !
I didnt actually think that would be the right answer lol...
Dont forget to make the post solved.

PS: dont forget to add NotHitBy while p1 is invisible