YesNoOk

PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D Unreal 4 Meets Mugen! Update: 28.07.2018 (Read 253481 times)

Started by Achilleon, December 03, 2015, 06:51:28 pm
Share this topic:
PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D Unreal 4 Meets Mugen! Update: 28.07.2018
#1  December 03, 2015, 06:51:28 pm

Twitter Info for constant updates as progress happens!

https://twitter.com/Achilleon_UE4

Hello everyone!

I am a simple UE4 Dev that is currently working on a Template where people can create their own fighting games as easy as possible by using Unreal 4. Though I have worked on 3D before, at the moment I am focused on the 2D part. I am an old Mugen dev (like, 8 years ago and so) and I decided to move to Unreal 4.

My current goal is to prepare a very detailed Template that people can create their own Fighting Game upon and it should not only have all Mugen features, but it's functions mimicked too, so a Mugen Dev can feel at home as much as possible.. For that I am creating the solutions for various things, such as input, combo creation, ability, collision, shadow, animation systems.

There are of course various small Engines for creating 2D fighting games, though I feel they are all limited and not open source to edit for your needs. Unlike those Engines, my template will be fully editable from head to toe, and you will be able to see what I have done inside to achieve what I have done so far. Since it's still Unreal 4 Engine deep inside, the limitations are no longer there! Plus, I am using Unreal's Blueprint module, aka visual scripting. As long as you know a little bit of how coding works, you will be able to understand what's going on. And I will have detailed explanation of every visual node and what they are doing, so you won't wonder "why is that there and why is this missing"!

About what is Unreal 4 Blueprint Visual Scripting is: http://blog.digitaltutors.com/become-familiar-blueprint-visual-scripting-unreal-engine-4/

Once you understand the system, you will be able to change it with whatever way you prefer. You don't like the way I did the Input System? Change it! You don't like the way characters push/pull each other? Make your own! Add something that is not there? Go ahead! ^_^

The videos you will see below are just the babysteps. More will come later, including talent system, rpg elements, clothing system. The list goes on, and you will have all the power within your hands to edit/delete/add new along the way of creation!

---------- Update: 28.07.2018 ----------

Sorry for the long time no update friends. Didn't think the first update was worthy to mention so I am posting two at the same time. ^_^ We are soon done with the Versus Mode, at least for now!

---------- Update: 15.01.2018 ----------

Phew. Finally got around this thing.  Unreal 4 really likes to say "f*** you" to the way I code things, but we got Menu stuff up and running! Options for now!

-----------------------------------

----- So What Should You Expect? -----

Alright, let's show you some Unreal coding! So wow actually hard will it be to do things in Unreal 4? What are our gains to take things a step further? How rocky is the road? Let you be the judge. ^_^

This will be a very small example related to Kungfu Man and how you make a taunt in it.

Here is a picture of coding from Fighter Factory 3;

Here is how you will see the coding at Unreal 4;

It might be confusing at first if this is the first time you see Unreal's visual scripting, as it is horizontal. Let me make it vertical for you, and it will be rather easier to get it. :)

This will surely help you understand what's happening, but let me help with extra notes please. Note that not everything will make sense, before I make a video how things work in Unreal, though I will give you idea about each of the things as much as I can. =)

The Red Box you see as "Custom Event" which is named "State 195", is a function we call in Input System so this state triggers. More on this when I show how Inputting works to call it in a video. Just note that you could call this event "State Taunt-1". Just letting you know that states are not longer restricted to numbers, you can actually name them.

The Black Function named "New State Definition" you see is the new "Statedef" we have in mugen. It has a nice "Basic" on it's name because it lacks the main movement components to set, which are known as to you "velset and veladd". The way movement works in Unreal is way better than just those values, and I will show them later. For now, not to scare people suddenly, I am hiding them. ^_^

New Main State ID is the first line we write in Statedef function in mugen. While mugen supports Statedef IDs as numbers, in Unreal you can give them actual names. No longer restricted to numbers as mentioned above. (Wrote 195 anyway just to make it similar to Kungfu Man Taunt).

Character Stance is same as "type" we have in mugen. When clicked upon, you will be able to chose "Standing, Crouching, Air, Lying down" just as before. I just find simply typing "type = s" might be confusing for newcomers. Note that I am making this template for everyone, not only for mugen devs, but for anyone who never worked on game development. I think while at it, we might have things more clear. Don't worry though, everything is subject to change. ^_^

Move Type is same as Mugen's movetype. Though instead of "I and A", we have "Non-Attack and Attack". Same function.

Face to Enemy? is the same boolean of mugen called "p2facing". Player will be instantly turned to face its enemy if this is set to true.

Animation Control Here we tick "Update Animation?" to make this State trigger a brand new animation for us. "Basic Animation Selection" module lets us choose a base animation from the list, such as Taunt, in this case.

Animation ID is the value that we enter to tell Unreal which animation to play. This is same as "anim" of mugen. Though the difference you see again, is that it does not have to be a number and can be a word.

Sprite Priority is same as sprpriority of mugen. It defines whether the sprite will be on top of the enemy's or not.

Controller Adjustment is the same as "ctrl" of mugen. Though in Unreal, you will have two control options. One is Movement Input, other one is Ability input. Movement one is basicaly what it means, being able to move, walk, run, jump. Ability one is being able to do abilities, mostly combos. More on this later.

Movement Adjustment is a special snowflake that I won't talk about now so much. In Unreal you will have way so much ways to set, manipulate, stop each axis movements. X is for horizontal movement, while Z is vertical. As I remember Mugen says "Y" is top, but I do not. Because I got some nasty plays for Y Movement. More on this later. For now just know that "Stop All Movements" means "velset = 0", separately for both movement types.

-----------

Let's jump to Set Control!. This one is called State Addon, because it does not define a state. It is a function that works whenever you link it to a State Definition. Linking states together is same as writing your states at mugen one after another. Oh how do we link stuff? Do you see the "State Entry and State Exit" links at top of each nodes? And the white lines that are acting like connection? That's what I mean. ;3

Connected Main State ID is the same thing of mugen's [State 195, 1]. As mentioned above, the moment you link states to each other via the connect wires, they will start working. But what actually makes them function is having "Connected Main State ID" being same as the current state definition.

When I read above, I realize how I complicate stuff, because I suck at explaining. Don't let yourself get confused, you are already doing this in mugen. The First state is 195, follows up with its controllers as 195, 1 - 195, 2 - 195, 3 and moves on. =)

State ID: is the same thing as [State 195, 1], basically self ID.

Condition link is where you gather up your triggers just as you do in mugen. Here you see we have "Current State Time" linked to an equality checker with value 40. This is exactly the same thing as "trigger1 = Time = 40" of mugen. I will show in a video how to link triggers together, it's very easy. =)

Enable Movement Input and Enable Ability Input booleans are the same of your "ctrl", as explained before. =)

-------------------------

Let's see our final Controller, "Change State".

First three are the same things explained above! Though we got a new condition check that is named "Animation Over?". It is a function that checks if the animation is over or not. Long story short, this is your "AnimTime = 0" in Unreal. =)

State to call is the same as your "Value = 0". State 0 is same on my template. It's your basic Idle. I do not have a control setter especially for it. For now setting the state to 0 gives you control automatically.

Hmm. That's all I think! I hope I didn't miss anything! I know things are still blurry. And some things are even lost in the fog. But once I prepare the video for this, you will understand that Unreal 4 is actually a fun engine, and since I will be making the functions you won't have hard times! And most importantly, you will be able to double click on those nodes to see what they are doing, and even create own your unique functions, states, addons, checkers. =)

Here is a video that I literally do a Taunt Code Demonstration:

----------------------------------------------

----- Videos from Old to New -----

Fighting System Progress 1

Fighting System Progress 2

Fighting System Progress 3

State Machine Demonstration - Taunts!

Gaussian Blur and Camera Zoom Features

Character Change Runtime

Collision Debug Visual Showcase

True Palette Grid System

Stage Development - Changing Stage Runtime

Movie Test

Render Scene to Sprite

Stage Expansion

Interactive Stage Object 1/3 - Dynamic Shang Tsung

Unreal Fighter 2D - Interactive Stage Object 2/3 - Barrels!

Input System Upgrade

Team Fight Progress 1/2 - Assisting

Team Fight Progress 2/2 - Swapping

Always appreciate your support! Thanks everyone. ^_^

I appreciate your time and reading!
Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 10:07:02 am by Achilleon
Re: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D (Fighting Game Template for Unreal 4 Engine)
#2  December 03, 2015, 07:25:07 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Wow, this is incredible!

I'm no developer, or programmer for that matter, but I can see this having a lot of possibilities, so I look forward to see more out of this. :D
Jupp. That's cool alright.
#3  December 03, 2015, 07:28:13 pm
This looks interesting, some questions if you are going through with this:
-is that just a sample fighting stage/template you made?
-I'm guessing you're going to make it easier to add sprites and such when making characters?
-Since this is Unreal, isn't it better to go 3d so we can import models?
-Arcade/Storymode - different paths depending on how you fight? secret endings/bosses? Cutscenes?
-Hidden characters

Mugen is outdated but still very good in terms of 2d creation, but  Mugen does not have those things mentioned above  and I'm wondering what your going to be adding to your base?

By the way, your project looks great, looks like you created this easily
#4  December 03, 2015, 07:37:44 pm
  • I laugh at my own jokes 99% of the time
  • Toriyama pretty much ruined me, but I'll be back!
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Oh my God, this is amazing, I now support this endeavor, and will be following it closely. Beautiful work, I love the Receive Hit system you made, love how you utilised the actor aspect of UE4's coding system. :)

@Genesis: YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS MATE. :D :D :D
Only way to go is up.

((Twitter) || (Tumblr)
#5  December 03, 2015, 07:37:54 pm
  • KOF Spriter
The amount of control you have over graphics makes this very interesting.

Good job! Keep us posted :D
#6  December 03, 2015, 07:40:48 pm
    • Mexico
that is amazing, i saw in the past that engine can create a arcade game like battletoads , but like a open world, and all of the remake of some games in 3d and more  things that can develop and i hope you finish  the template

I wish you success
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#7  December 03, 2015, 07:57:51 pm
  • The Old Dog
  • 15 years of MFG, geez...
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Hey, not bad! I will keep an eye on this.
#8  December 03, 2015, 08:17:30 pm
Wow, this is incredible!

I'm no developer, or programmer for that matter, but I can see this having a lot of possibilities, so I look forward to see more out of this. :D

Thank you! You don't have to know how to code. I don't know a single part of C++. Instead I use visual scripting. You can see a glimpse of it with the link I gave. It's basicly nodes, instead of codes.

This looks interesting, some questions if you are going through with this:
-is that just a sample fighting stage/template you made?
-I'm guessing you're going to make it easier to add sprites and such when making characters?
-Since this is Unreal, isn't it better to go 3d so we can import models?
-Arcade/Storymode - different paths depending on how you fight? secret endings/bosses? Cutscenes?
-Hidden characters

Mugen is outdated but still very good in terms of 2d creation, but  Mugen does not have those things mentioned above  and I'm wondering what your going to be adding to your base?

By the way, your project looks great, looks like you created this easily

Thanks and let me answer them immediately.

- Yes. It's a stage I have created to test stuff. Everything belongs to Capcom. Though it took like a week only to place stuff here and there. ^_^ Stage is like the easiest thing to do in Unreal.

- It is already easy to add sprites and create animations. Imagine Mugen combined with Fighter Factory tool. Everything can be edited. Though what Unreal can do is, adding mathematical functions to materials of sprites. For example in the last video, Ken in Black gets his hair turn red, eyes flash red and skin gets darker. As you see, it's just not a "paste a color tone upon it". You can have unlimited power on which sprite can be edited.

This can sound complicated so let me open up. My Ken Masters in Unreal 4 is not one sprite, but eight. At first video I show that from hair to gloves, skin, eyes, everything is seperate. Mugen and a-like engines lets you have one sprite only. This is because they rely on palette system to color up. This makes things actually easy at first, but limits you to the ground.

I will show more about this soon on the videos. You will be able to change your character's clothing, weapons, hairstyle. You can even change or add abilities depending on what they wear. More on that later though, I need to finish up the Core first.

-It is ofcourse doable to have 3d models. If you check my channel, everything started out as 3d. Though I started to miss my old Mugen days and decided to finish 2d first. Though main reason was, animation creation for 3d models were taking too much of my time. Ken and Ryu are perfect for starting out testing right away.

Don't forget, it is STILL Unreal 4. This will be fully open source and you will be able to edit anything. Once you start to get the idea of how things work, you can replace my characters to 3d.

Unreal 4 always uses 3D Rendering, neither 2d limits 3d, or 3d limits the 2d part. You can combine them. I will later on show some 3d Particle Effects of Unreal 4, and even stages. Oh, and since stages are 3D, you can have more than one layer for fighting. Imagine 4vs4, but within different parts of the stage. This will be good for network battles etc, but this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay later plan. ^^

"-Arcade/Storymode - different paths depending on how you fight? secret endings/bosses? Cutscenes?"

- Yes Arcade/Storymode will be there. Different paths is doable. Moral choices, etc all you can add, and I eventually will. Yes, Yes. Cutscenes are doable too. Since- once again- have to mention, Unreal 4 is still 3D. You can have an entire movie clip before, after, in between. You can go ham. ^_^

-Hidden characters? Why not?

"Mugen is outdated but still very good in terms of 2d creation, but  Mugen does not have those things mentioned above  and I'm wondering what your going to be adding to your base?"

- Yes I will. But first, I have to mimic Mugen completely. So far my beta testers giving positive results on how the demo plays etc. Once the "Mugen" side is complete, I will focus on adding RPG elements. Such as Talent System, Choices that Matter, Clothing etc. Before you go "wtf, this is not a rpg forum!", I know. Though I want to show what is possible and not.  I want people who work on Mugen, break their limits and see what is possible. They will then decide if they need something to be added or removed. :)

"By the way, your project looks great, looks like you created this easily"

Thank you for your kind words, but it took almost 11 months to get to this point. Imagine creating Mugen yourself. I had to create the entire system and had to make tests for months to get it this point. Collision, input system, clothing, talent system. Everything was a pain but it paid off.

I am not here to boast about my successes though. I rather want to share that, noone has to go after all these anymore. And best of it, you will see how it all works. There is no "Magic Happens" behind the scenes. When you click on my Collision System Module, you will see why player A is pushing B away when A is moving towards B. You will then be able to modify it with the way you need it.

What I didn't do, does not mean is not doable. Just because I didn't add a Moral Choice System, does not mean you can't. As I mention, this will be Mugen, with source code, and with Unreal power behind. :)

Oh my God, this is amazing, I now support this endeavor, and will be following it closely. Beautiful work, I love the Receive Hit system you made, love how you utilised the actor aspect of UE4's coding system. :)

@Genesis: YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS MATE. :D :D :D

Thank you. The Recieve Hit System is a literal copy paste of what Mugen is doing. We all know that the reason every character works in Mugen once we put it in, is that we fill the sprite slots for getting hit, and the other characters use the sprites. This is what Unreal is doing right now. Whatever character you are creating, will work right away as long as you have the GetHit sprites ready.

The amount of control you have over graphics makes this very interesting.

Good job! Keep us posted :D

Wait till you see the 3D stages and the realistic shadow and lighting cast of Unreal in action. Our sprites no need to be simple emissive anymore. They can glow, cast light and shadow in the end. :)

I mean, imagine you created a stage with full of candles. You would expect them to change the shadow depending on their angle right? Soon I will demonstrate it, and you will see it looks lovely. ^_^

that is amazing, i saw in the past that engine can create a arcade game like battletoads , but like a open world, and all of the remake of some games in 3d and more  things that can develop and i hope you finish  the template

I wish you success

I appreciate your kind words. You can have an open-world fighting game if you so prefer, regardless of being 2d or 3d. Unreal maps can do 9999+km long due to the level streaming system. As I said, what I will do will be a core. Editing it from the core will also be in your hands. =)

Hey, not bad! I will keep an eye on this.

Thanks!
Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:25:17 pm by Achilleon
#9  December 03, 2015, 08:24:46 pm
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
This looks incredible. Can't wait to see more. It looks like the possibilities are endless...
#10  December 03, 2015, 08:43:38 pm
  • I laugh at my own jokes 99% of the time
  • Toriyama pretty much ruined me, but I'll be back!
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thank you. The Recieve Hit System is a literal copy paste of what Mugen is doing. We all know that the reason every character works in Mugen once we put it in, is that we fill the sprite slots for getting hit, and the other characters use the sprites. This is what Unreal is doing right now. Whatever character you are creating, will work right away as long as you have the GetHit sprites ready.

Ahhhhh, I never knew that. You must excuse my not knowing of this, as my current knowledge of how MUGEN coding works is nihil. But this is very interesting, keep up the amazing work. ;)
Only way to go is up.

((Twitter) || (Tumblr)
#11  December 03, 2015, 08:56:40 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/kamekaze/
There's only one problem that comes to mind after reading how you're handling gethits, mugen's way of handling hitvels on standing opponents is pretty bad. If possible I'd go with a position adding way of applying velocity rather than what mugen tried to do. Mugen's friction was also a bit on the shoddy side.

@Jesuszilla: or @Felineki: Can explain it a bit better.

Alternatively, rather than requiring certain animation groups I think animation categories can be a bit more flexible since some games have much more than 3 types of standing hit animations aka sf3. I probably didn't explain this as properly as I like so I hope you get what I mean ._.

edit: How are you handling throws and other custom animations placed on the opponent that is outside of their normal animations?
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
118/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#12  December 03, 2015, 09:03:22 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I have yet to try U4, I'm only well versed in UDK but I can see the parallels when it comes to coding, implementing flipbooks and whatnot.
I think my only big issue is the way palettes are getting implemented, even with automated actions it's too much of a hassle to separate the sprite into different sections.
ALSO, a big issue is that you're only changing either the hue or saturation or brightness to simulate palettes.
How are you going to handle Hue shifting in some sprites and its palettes (See: most SFIII sprites; Hue-shifting refers to having a transition of hues in a color ramp. A color ramp without hue-shifting is known as a straight ramp. In straight ramps, only the luminescence changes, while in hue-shifted ramps both hue and luminescence will (usually) change)
Straight ramps have to be one of the most visually unappealing things you can do as far as color schemes go, I mean:

On the other hand, hue shifting is definitely the way to go (Heck, I'm sure all sprites have hue shiftng to some degree and they're rarely straight ramps)

-Hidden characters
Out of all things to request, This has to be the least important one (Or it's preeeeetty down there), especially in a project of this magnitude.
#13  December 03, 2015, 10:00:05 pm
This looks incredible. Can't wait to see more. It looks like the possibilities are endless...

Thank you! And yes, there are no more limits! ^_^ Almost.. I suppose!

There's only one problem that comes to mind after reading how you're handling gethits, mugen's way of handling hitvels on standing opponents is pretty bad. If possible I'd go with a position adding way of applying velocity rather than what mugen tried to do. Mugen's friction was also a bit on the shoddy side.

@Jesuszilla: or @Felineki: Can explain it a bit better.

Alternatively, rather than requiring certain animation groups I think animation categories can be a bit more flexible since some games have much more than 3 types of standing hit animations aka sf3. I probably didn't explain this as properly as I like so I hope you get what I mean ._.

edit: How are you handling throws and other custom animations placed on the opponent that is outside of their normal animations?

I understand your concerns so let me answer them as clear as possible.

Way too long time passed so I don't remember how exactly Mugen's friction worked, but my template does not work on friction. My hit impacts are based on position-change timelines. So you specify how hard or slow the receiver can move after the hit. Here is the example of Light Punch Hit Timeline for moving the enemy on impact;

As you see, the value starts at 400 and slowly decreases to the point of zero. First value is 400 and we just that amount to make the guy move 6cm per frame. I am not showing what's truly happening behind but, what I want you to know is that, you got full control of how someone moves from one place to another within an impact.

There is no longer a set-friction of Mugen. You tell the enemy to move how, how much in each frame, how to raise or lower it, or when it ends.

About your second concern, my GetHit List can be edited by the core, it means that you can have more than 3 gethit animations. If you want you can have 2, or 20. The list is global. So as long as enemies have 20 types of get hit animation while standing, it will work.

You can take it as editing mugen internally to the way you prefer. What you need to be careful is if the other characters can reach out to your expectations sprite wise. I said "I mimic Mugen" because Ken and Ryu have also 3 standing get hit animations for example. That does not limit us though, so don't worry about it. I will show more core pictures later on when I clear things up, and you will see that, everything is literally editable to your liking. :)

About throws. Once again, since the GetHitSpriteList is global, just like Mugen, the attacker will easily make a manual animation by using the sprite list of the enemy. When I get to the point of "throwing" people around, I will show how I create the manual animations. :)

Think about it like this, why Mugen's throw or special animation gethits work? Because enemy picks up the sprites and creates the animations on live, right? Imagine it like that in Unreal too. =)

I have yet to try U4, I'm only well versed in UDK but I can see the parallels when it comes to coding, implementing flipbooks and whatnot.
I think my only big issue is the way palettes are getting implemented, even with automated actions it's too much of a hassle to separate the sprite into different sections.
ALSO, a big issue is that you're only changing either the hue or saturation or brightness to simulate palettes.
How are you going to handle Hue shifting in some sprites and its palettes (See: most SFIII sprites; Hue-shifting refers to having a transition of hues in a color ramp. A color ramp without hue-shifting is known as a straight ramp. In straight ramps, only the luminescence changes, while in hue-shifted ramps both hue and luminescence will (usually) change)
Straight ramps have to be one of the most visually unappealing things you can do as far as color schemes go, I mean:

On the other hand, hue shifting is definitely the way to go (Heck, I'm sure all sprites have hue shiftng to some degree and they're rarely straight ramps)

-Hidden characters
Out of all things to request, This has to be the least important one (Or it's preeeeetty down there), especially in a project of this magnitude.

It's nice to see someone from Unreal too. ^_^

I am afraid I am not able to answer your concerns, mostly because I don't understand the problem. Though if you mean this, as hue-shifting;

http://i.stack.imgur.com/9B8FE.jpg

- what I can say is, you know in Unreal you can separate the colors of a texture to Red, Green and Blue. What I demonstrated on those videos were terribly simple at best. You know how many mathematical solutions unreal has for everything. I probably don't though, I was always bad at materials. xP

- About seperating the sprites for coloring them in Unreal. I thought it would be a hell to go through too, since my Ken in Unreal is total of 8 sprites. My brother taught me the Batch process of Photoshop though. Now with one click I separate the sprites easily. The only small problem is, batching can't understand the difference between hair and gloves of Ken (since they are both yellow), so I have to give a few minutes to separate them manually. =)

- I would gladly answer the hue problem as much as I can if you show the SF3 sprites as an example though if you can. I never played SF3 so >.<

Edit! OH!

I think I understand what you are asking. You want the hue changing to be jumpy right? If so, I can do it and even demonstrate. It's all about how you edit the Timeline related to color change and set it's points. ^_^
Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:43:50 pm by Achilleon
#14  December 03, 2015, 10:09:41 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
This is a really great surprise!!
This is this kind of projects that can bring us to the "next level".
Good luck for your project man. :)
#15  December 03, 2015, 10:19:24 pm
  • 海千山千
This is certainly very interesting.  Even down to the system that allows characters to consist of multiple parts to create a whole.  From what I can see your work may even cause more people to delve into original creations, which is something I will always support.

I'll be keeping a very close eye on this.  Stellar work.
#16  December 03, 2015, 10:46:16 pm
This is a really great surprise!!
This is this kind of projects that can bring us to the "next level".
Good luck for your project man. :)

Thank you for your kind words. This is what I am aiming to head for aswell. We are at the babywalking phase but core is more or less ready to take more. :)

This is certainly very interesting.  Even down to the system that allows characters to consist of multiple parts to create a whole.  From what I can see your work may even cause more people to delve into original creations, which is something I will always support.

I'll be keeping a very close eye on this.  Stellar work.

Thank you too Mr Helios.. I want people to be able to go wild with their creations. I always dreamed that, and with Unreal 4's "no need c++" blueprint system, it is now possible for anyone to make things with this Engine, no matter if they know how to code or not. :)
#17  December 03, 2015, 10:49:48 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
The only thing I can say is good luck, I'll keep an eye on your project, it may be the future of our little community.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#18  December 03, 2015, 10:52:26 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I love everything I hear, and this does sound good.

Now, this might sound like a boring, or simple question, but a very personal and favorable to myself, as a fighting game fan.
I hear you say you can create Story mode, and so on. Which is really good.

Now when I play modern fighting game, most of the playables are already unlocked by default, and I personally feel like it takes away so much of the fun. So my question is. "Will there be possible to unlock characters, as a feature?"
Jupp. That's cool alright.
#19  December 03, 2015, 10:56:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Very interesting, I'll be very curious to see what more you cook up.

It might be a very viable tool to go towards in the future.
#20  December 03, 2015, 11:02:50 pm
The only thing I can say is good luck, I'll keep an eye on your project, it may be the future of our little community.

Thank you. There is alot to do. We are so close yet so far. I just want the Mugen community to step up if they feel the need, and make the path softer with less stones. :)

I love everything I hear, and this does sound good.

Now, this might sound like a boring, or simple question, but a very personal and favorable to myself, as a fighting game fan.
I hear you say you can create Story mode, and so on. Which is really good.

Now when I play modern fighting game, most of the playables are already unlocked by default, and I personally feel like it takes away so much of the fun. So my question is. "Will there be possible to unlock characters, as a feature?"

To be honest, I wouldn't call such questions as boring or simple. We all had dreams and table flips due to Mugen's own rules. For example, I always wondered why it was so hard to have a Normal Ken and an Evil Ken together. List could go on, but we are beyond those times.

About your question, it is maybe the most simplistic thing to solve.

Here is a pic of how I would do it. Ofcourse it wouldn't be THIS easy, but all you would do is adding a boolean branch, or a few more incase you want the goal to be more than finishing the game.

So your question's short answer is; Yes. Long answer is; Yes I can do it to demonstrate at late stages. :)

Very interesting, I'll be very curious to see what more you cook up.

It might be a very viable tool to go towards in the future.

Thanks! Hope to show more later! :)
Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:04:22 pm by Achilleon