YesNoOk

PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D Unreal 4 Meets Mugen! Update: 28.07.2018 (Read 258041 times)

Started by Achilleon, December 03, 2015, 06:51:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D Unreal 4 Meets Mugen! Update: 11.03.2017
#221  April 28, 2017, 06:42:03 pm
    • Germany
And here is another Vid from Achilleon, this time it's a short one about debug options and collision boxes. ö.ö
#222  May 02, 2017, 03:23:31 am
  • *Insert text here*
    • USA
Another short video from Achilleon, this time about character change runtimes.

Achilleon, you're making great progress on this so far. You've piqued my interest. Keep it up!
#223  May 02, 2017, 11:52:28 pm
Once again thanks to everyone who broadcasted, supported with words or by just reading all this. It does not hurt to give all the links for the new videos myself too I guess!

The new palette system is very interesting, I have an edited character by me called Primeus(originally by Ricepigeon) but he has Color Loss because the character is really a photo(Obviously a photo has more than 256 colors).

So, I think is very useful not only for specials effects, it is also very useful for joke characters like that:
For example:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

About making palettes, for me making palettes is a nightmare in Mugen I remember I was making palettes for my edited Homer and was really a nightmare, but in Unreal looks very easy.
For this reason I think Unreal Fighter is really a hope for me(Specially if I am specialized for making joke characters with more than 256 colours).

Here is how your fish looks in Unreal:

BEHOLD! LE MIGHTY FISH! :p

As you see, no colors are lost. Ofcourse there is a white lining around but then I am not a Photoshop expert. :p
And there actually is a way to use different sprites for the same animation if you are in Team One or Team Two. I just didn't show case it but you can have a Red Fish for Player Two if you so desire.

EDIT: Actually, I think I understand more what's going on here. What I wanna do should be possible, that's the whole purpose of "template," I'm assuming. Also, I figure this would just fall under standard UE4 licencing?

Yep. This is not directly a "Brand New Engine that is made by one guy". This is a "Project" that has the tools of the Mugen and much more that lets you use Unreal as if you are making a fighting game. So it's like a mimic of Mugen but the root is the entire Unreal Engine.

Unreal has it's own licence so as far as I know, you should also make a license specially for your game. Other than a monthly donation to get the updates of UF2D regularly, you do not owe me anything. Once your game is done, you can stop supporting no problem. :)

Wow! Your palette system it's amazing and you can modify every part, it's posible choose the palette in the character select screen? Thanks for this new update, see you.

We will get to those parts, fear not Gazira, and thank you.

Hey everyone, Good morning. I just wonder... in long ago, I made character select screen for MUGEN.... I am look forward and want know about that... How to make character select screen also include stage select too in Unreal Fighter 2D (Unreal Engine 4). I am still look forward you post video on your youtube.  :)

I didn't develop those stuff yet. But we are not far away. Stay tuned. ^_^

Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:05:32 am by Achilleon
Re: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D Unreal 4 Meets Mugen! Update: 03.05.2017
#224  May 05, 2017, 08:12:10 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
We'd like to ask a favor. Would someone be able to get us these sprites?
-Box break in SF2 Guile stage or similar.
-Shang Tsung head turning to watch fighters in MK1 or similar.

EDIT: Got it!
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2348579
Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:19:07 pm by Just No Point
#225  May 16, 2017, 04:01:33 pm
    • Germany
Achilleon posted some Vids about Stage Development in Unreal Fighter 2D.

Changing Stage Runtime:

Using a Movie File as a Stage Intro:

Render Scene to Sprite (Having a live transmission of your fight running on a Monitor in the background.)

Stage Expansion: (Secret Areas/Stage transitions)

Interactive Stage Object 1/3
#226  May 17, 2017, 05:41:21 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
That should encourage development for sure.
#227  May 17, 2017, 06:08:47 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Oh shoot! Does that mean we'll be able to knock the opponent into the next scene below the stage like a stage in MSHvSF?
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#228  May 17, 2017, 09:54:08 am
#229  May 18, 2017, 03:57:39 pm
  • United Mugen Alliance
    • USA
    • sharingan2anthony@gmail.com
Good job... Keep up :)
#230  May 18, 2017, 04:39:16 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
What if we were to go for more complex stage transitions, like in MKvsSF3 where the stage is destroyed and the characters are in free fall for quite a while mid match? Sure it's a flash animation, but would it be possible to implement such a thing?
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#231  May 18, 2017, 06:34:07 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
What if we were to go for more complex stage transitions, like in MKvsSF3 where the stage is destroyed and the characters are in free fall for quite a while mid match? Sure it's a flash animation, but would it be possible to implement such a thing?

That was done already in winmugen by syn I believe so it definitely
Should be possible here too
#232  May 20, 2017, 06:34:34 pm
  • Patiently waiting

Hoping it could be implemented as option for stages instead of file patching all characters :D.

Meanmuging all day
#233  June 23, 2017, 05:23:40 am
  • United Mugen Alliance
    • USA
Any Update?
#234  June 23, 2017, 05:27:45 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

Hoping it could be implemented as option for stages instead of file patching all characters :D.

He's shown the stage transitions already so one
Created with a huge drop could give you some
Air combat.  I think its safe to say that anything
we want for a 2d fighting game would be possible
It will just be a new engine to learn for some of us.
Re: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D Unreal 4 Meets Mugen! Update: 28.06.2017
#235  June 28, 2017, 03:58:49 pm

He's shown the stage transitions already so one
Created with a huge drop could give you some
Air combat.  I think its safe to say that anything
we want for a 2d fighting game would be possible
It will just be a new engine to learn for some of us.

Hello everyone, don't forget the new update for 28.06.2017! Mr Lichtbringer does his best to update you all before I do but there is also one more extra video aswell.

I didn't bother responding a lot as developers got their answers from each other. What Mr Memo says is true. Since ground can be adjusted or have more than one ground in a stage now, doing "free fall fighting" is possible.

Other than that, the system update continues on. Hope to share with you all. ^-^
#236  June 29, 2017, 09:03:52 pm
    • Germany
Oh youtube did not tell me that you made a new one.^^

Nice update by the way, the creators here will be able to made so many crazy stages with this.

But since we talk about stages right now I have a big Question. Some SNK games have unique stage effects that most other 2D Fighting Games don't have, for example things like water effects only on specific parts of the stage like on the KoF 94 Italy stage or the KoF 2000 Wharf Stage, or different running sounds on different parts of a stage etc.

Or the heat effect on Large Fire at Wadamoya Stage from Last Blade 2 (afaik only visible on the Original Neogeo version, the Dreamcast port and Emulators who have the option "NeoGeo Raster effects".

How hard would it be to create effects like that in your engine?

Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:15:05 pm by Lichtbringer
#237  July 08, 2017, 05:17:02 pm
Oh youtube did not tell me that you made a new one.^^

Nice update by the way, the creators here will be able to made so many crazy stages with this.

But since we talk about stages right now I have a big Question. Some SNK games have unique stage effects that most other 2D Fighting Games don't have, for example things like water effects only on specific parts of the stage like on the KoF 94 Italy stage or the KoF 2000 Wharf Stage, or different running sounds on different parts of a stage etc.

Or the heat effect on Large Fire at Wadamoya Stage from Last Blade 2 (afaik only visible on the Original Neogeo version, the Dreamcast port and Emulators who have the option "NeoGeo Raster effects".

How hard would it be to create effects like that in your engine?

Thank you for your kind words and sorry for the late "lazyassed" reply Lichtbringer. Been hard work with JNP related to hitdef and input system stuff.

Those stuff are called distortion and yes they are easy to do in Unreal (in any Engine they are doable I believe.) So yes, I will showcase these too. Remind me them later. :)
#238  July 24, 2017, 07:20:51 am
  • United Mugen Alliance
    • USA
Any Update?
#239  July 24, 2017, 02:16:59 pm
#240  July 24, 2017, 02:23:01 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil

Will this engine support netplay?
Lasagna