Adon v1.7 (by ヤモリX) (Read 13822 times)

Started by yamme, March 24, 2015, 07:29:08 am
Share this topic:
Adon v1.7 (by ヤモリX)
#1  March 24, 2015, 07:29:08 am
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
Adon v1.7 (by ヤモリX)

Ohhh boyyy, been a while since I looked at this guy, but, he's been aging. I've updated our ol' pal Adon.

Very special thanks to Taybear for the awesome small port!

Screenshots
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download link: Click Me!

What's New?:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
do the thing
Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:06:05 am by ヤモリX
Re: Adon v1.0 (by ヤモリX)
#2  March 24, 2015, 04:19:35 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Nice to see that you working in other Capcom chars.
Keep on fire Yamori! :D
Re: Adon v1.0 (by ヤモリX)
#3  March 27, 2015, 10:25:39 pm
    • USA
i updated this or something
do the thing
Re: Adon v1.1 (by ヤモリX)
#4  March 28, 2015, 01:02:30 am
    • USA
whoops, there was a bug! but i think i got it now
do the thing
Re: Adon v1.1.1 (by ヤモリX)
#5  March 28, 2015, 07:42:46 pm
  • "Let Us Cling Together."
Looking good! Add afterimages on those super moves :)
Re: Adon v1.1.1 (by ヤモリX)
#6  March 28, 2015, 09:05:26 pm
    • USA
do the thing
Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:44:33 pm by ヤモリX
Re: Adon v1.1.2 (by ヤモリX)
#7  March 29, 2015, 09:34:41 pm
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
Nice Adon, overall. But I noticed a few things that just stuck out at me.
- There doesn't seem to be enough push back on some moves, so he almost always connects with chain combos.
- On a regular jump in you can get two attacks out before he lands, then start the chain combo, maybe into launcher. Maybe a little too much?
- The throws have way too much priority. It seems like he can go from all specials right into a throw. That's a bit unfair. He should have more push back on all specials and more recovery time before he's allowed to begin a grab anim.
- In general all his moves seem to have way too much priority.
- For the Jaguar Assault, it seems like there's maybe a few too many ticks between hits. I know it allows you to see clearly what happens to both player and opponent, but it just seems unrealistic, like the opponent should not be sooo stunned that he can't block the next hit.
- Jaguar Kick variations only move forward, not up. I use those for positioning all the time. I guess it wouldn't matter because I can always try to do it in the air, but...
- I can't seem to do any of the special moves that you state can be done on the air. Maybe it's cuz I'm using a keyboard.
- Rising Jaguar goes forward plenty, but it doesn't really Rise.
- No rapid punches at the end of Jaguar Revolver?
- Jaguar Revolver and Jaguar Assault are too similar, forward-moving rush attacks. Why not have Jaguar Assault start with a higher leap into the air, possibly avoiding projectiles, then attack at a downward angle?

Everything else seems well balanced and well executed. Looking forward to any updates. Thanks.
#8  March 29, 2015, 11:54:42 pm
    • USA
Nice Adon, overall. But I noticed a few things that just stuck out at me.

Everything else seems well balanced and well executed. Looking forward to any updates. Thanks.

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'll see what I can do with most of these (pushback and throws, especially). With everything Jaguar Kick/Assault related, I guess I tried to make into a different kind of move, with them being overhead attacks (unblockable in crouch). And as for the throws, I've never been too proficient with programming them. I'll try to make them less terrible. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Oh, and none of the moves are possible in the air. That was a little goof. I apologize! But I guess that may change...
do the thing
#9  March 30, 2015, 01:37:04 am
    • USA
I hope this update addressed some of the previous issues. Please notify me if any others arise!
do the thing
Re: Adon v1.2 (by ヤモリX)
#10  March 30, 2015, 04:54:34 am
A few more things.
- If Jaguar Revolver catches an airborne opponent, it will put him in a standing hit anim. It would look more natural if it put him in a falling hit anim.
- All the hits of Jaguar Blitz do not always connect. Some opponents will just fall away after the 3rd hit. I don't know if this might be a problem with the opponent coding.
- I really like afterimages, but these seem too intense in brightness, especially in comparison to his hit effects. Just my opinion tho.
- Since he's behaving "fair" now, I think he could have slightly higher attack damage. :) Again, just my opinion.

Thank you for including Air Jaguar Kick. For me it is a major weapon in Adon's arsenal. This can set up other possibilities.
1. Since you still have 2 attacks possible for a jump in to a standing opponent, why not make it possible to combo into Air Jaguar Kick?
2. Why don't you make LK Air Jaguar Kick only stun, not knockdown? Maybe just enough stun so he can set up a combo.

Other than that, he seems to work really well! I may have to pull out my joystick adaptor and actually play against some folks!
Re: Adon v1.2 (by ヤモリX)
#11  March 30, 2015, 06:33:30 am
    • USA
- If Jaguar Revolver catches an airborne opponent, it will put him in a standing hit anim. It would look more natural if it put him in a falling hit anim.

Are you sure? It doesn't seem to be so on my side...

- All the hits of Jaguar Blitz do not always connect. Some opponents will just fall away after the 3rd hit. I don't know if this might be a problem with the opponent coding.

It may be the opponent's hitbox or falling speed.

- I really like afterimages, but these seem too intense in brightness, especially in comparison to his hit effects. Just my opinion tho.
- Since he's behaving "fair" now, I think he could have slightly higher attack damage. :) Again, just my opinion.

After paying some more attention to the after images, I guess I can see what you mean. And for his damage output, you could always change the intensity of his damage dampener if you'd like.

1. Since you still have 2 attacks possible for a jump in to a standing opponent, why not make it possible to combo into Air Jaguar Kick?
2. Why don't you make LK Air Jaguar Kick only stun, not knockdown? Maybe just enough stun so he can set up a combo.

1. The animation for the move is a bit too slow for that to work. I'd have to change the animation a bit.
2. I had that in my mind when I was programming the move. I guess I could do that.

Oh, and thank you for taking your time to write these. I appreciate it greatly!
do the thing
Re: Adon v1.2.1 (by ヤモリX)
#12  April 01, 2015, 08:34:53 am
    • USA
another update

yeah
do the thing
Re: Adon v1.3 (by ヤモリX)
#13  April 02, 2015, 02:39:10 pm
Let me check Jaguar Revolver/Blitz for a while. It might have been the opponent's coding as you said.
Testing.
Re: Adon v1.4 (by ヤモリX)
#14  April 09, 2015, 09:21:55 pm
    • USA
i'm back with updates
do the thing
Re: Adon v1.5 (by ヤモリX)
#15  April 14, 2015, 06:39:39 am
    • Russia
    • 3oac@mail.ru
ヤモリX. Thank you
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the screenshots. I did not think it could hurt you
Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:44:16 am by ТриПисят
#16  April 14, 2015, 02:46:42 pm
great work on this adon, are you planning to add some sfa3 sprites, and maybe add some custom new moves/supers??

thanks! ;) ;)

#17  April 15, 2015, 12:05:58 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Re: Adon v1.6 (by ヤモリX)
#18  May 07, 2015, 05:21:55 pm
    • USA
possibly last update
do the thing