YesNoOk

Akuma_SZ (Updated 9/15/12) (Read 6928 times)

Started by SolidZone 26, September 15, 2012, 11:28:02 pm
Share this topic:
Akuma_SZ (Updated 9/15/12)
#1  September 15, 2012, 11:28:02 pm
  • I do feedback on detail and aesthetics.
    • USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ew7y_Slcmw
(Video and screenshot is outdated)

After 2 years of temporary retirement, I like to officially announce that Akuma_SZ has received an update. Even though there's a better Gouki in the 1.0 section, I decided to release it as is since this edit was already half done and was on hold 2 years ago. It's still missing EX moves, but I won't have plans to add them anymore since that other Gouki has them. I also won't have plans to update this to 1.0 either so people still playing Winmugen won't miss out on it. Here's whats done:

- Added the original stance back and coded the SFA stance for palettes 7-12
  - Converted his aura sprites to the red ones taken from Warusaki3's Gouki
  - Added the TvC glass shatter effect as the super BG
  - Changed projectile sprites (Geese's Shippuken was just a placeholder)
  - Made the projectiles explode when they touch the ground rather than vanishing on contact
  - New hitsparks taken from Ahuron's MvC3 Norimaro (I like these hitsparks a lot, so I'm planning to let all my future characters and edits use them)
  - EX mode is now known as SZ mode (Since he isn't going to have EX moves, might as well change the name)
  - Added an Ogre palette made by me (You'll see why I made it exclusively for palette 12)

http://www.mediafire.com/?34rit0a69q6i9d7
Re: Akuma_SZ (Updated 9/15/12)
#2  September 16, 2012, 09:04:56 pm
  • Check out my Podcast!
  • So inactive it's depressing ...
    • USA
    • Skype - NessTheAvatar
    • www.youtube.com/user/NessTheAvatar
I downloaded the last edit (this one) and did my graphical update to it, I changed the sounds around ... and fixed some things that didn't look right ... made three new small portraits and two new big ones ... added a new lvl3 hyper (from vyns mvceoh gouki) ... plus some other fixes ... im going to be adding the sfiv jap voice just to better seperate it i may post as an update would that be okay?
#3  September 16, 2012, 10:38:11 pm
    • USA
Yeah, go ahead. I don't care about this edit anymore. The only reason I released this update is because there is a better "normal" Gouki in the works. Might as well update this one as it's already half done 2 years ago and better to not release it at all.
#4  September 19, 2012, 12:42:34 pm
    • Philippines
    • tayo_619@yahoo.com
Tested it and I think its good. But some moves that only Shin Gouki posses still persist like the D, D, + P/K move(forgot the name). And the super BG lacks the radial blur but I think you can leave it be. Overall, it makes a good default CVS Akuma IMO since i've only tested a few normal Akumas because most other Akumas are broken. xD
Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:46:09 pm by mwryly
#5  September 19, 2012, 10:16:04 pm
  • Check out my Podcast!
    • USA
    • Skype - NessTheAvatar
The edit of this edit I will be released will come with re-colored effects, a better level 3 portrait, a whole new set ofpalettes based from various game appearences, an updated sound file consisting of my homebrewed sfx.  I need someone with experience coding to help me add the ex mpoves and to removed the kkz (ground poun) and misogi.  PM for details on a collaberation!
#6  September 20, 2012, 03:40:56 am
    • USA
Tested it and I think its good. But some moves that only Shin Gouki posses still persist like the D, D, + P/K move(forgot the name). And the super BG lacks the radial blur but I think you can leave it be. Overall, it makes a good default CVS Akuma IMO since i've only tested a few normal Akumas because most other Akumas are broken. xD
Thanks for the feedback, I knew I was missing something. Instead of removing it completely, I would like to program it so he can use it when selecting palettes 7-12. Do you know how to do it? Cause I may have forgotten how since all I did was put my personal hitsparks now and all the other major edits 2 years ago. And about the super BG, do you mean his LVL 3 hyper portrait? I didn't make it, Catinbags did. So there's nothing I could have done unless I would want to mess around with the image. I also would like to figure out how can I turn the super BG before Akuma perform his supers black like in P.o.t.S's older versions of his characters instead of keeping it blue. Maybe I'll update it one more time, whenever that will be.

The edit of this edit I will be released will come with re-colored effects, a better level 3 portrait, a whole new set ofpalettes based from various game appearences, an updated sound file consisting of my homebrewed sfx.  I need someone with experience coding to help me add the ex mpoves and to removed the kkz (ground poun) and misogi.  PM for details on a collaberation!
Cool, but you should also use different hitsparks, the fx before he performs his supers, and the TvC glass shatter as the super finish BG. I don't want people to mistake my own edit with yours since your edit is an edit of mine and that you copied my style. Don't forget to remove the SZ off Akuma's display name. It's technically my name to prove that it's made by me. As for EX moves, you should ask mwryly to help you. He done it on his Gouki so it's possible to copy the coding over and get the correct animations to perform the moves. I was going to do this myself, but I ended up scraping since I was busy back then and that mwryly's Gouki edit already has them. You should check it out if you haven't already, oh and it's for M.U.G.E.N 1.0 only. Just a reminder, my edit can still use misogi. He's just programmed by Demonicdan3 that he can only do it which you select palettes 7-12. You'll just have to mess around with the coding so he can do it for palettes 1-6.
#7  September 20, 2012, 02:06:15 pm
    • Philippines
    • tayo_619@yahoo.com
Thanks for the feedback, I knew I was missing something. Instead of removing it completely, I would like to program it so he can use it when selecting palettes 7-12. Do you know how to do it? Cause I may have forgotten how since all I did was put my personal hitsparks now and all the other major edits 2 years ago. And about the super BG, do you mean his LVL 3 hyper portrait? I didn't make it, Catinbags did. So there's nothing I could have done unless I would want to mess around with the image. I also would like to figure out how can I turn the super BG before Akuma perform his supers black like in P.o.t.S's older versions of his characters instead of keeping it blue. Maybe I'll update it one more time, whenever that will be.

I haven't check the codes on your Akuma but I think most of POTS's older characters have a var(1)( = 1 for normal, = 2 for Evil)  if they have modes and State 5900 where the palettes for which mode are assigned. Yes the lvl 3 hyper portrait. I guess you can leave it be then. I'm sorry I didn't get what you meant on the "super BG before Akuma perform his supers black like in POTS's." line. Do you mean when at the super pause state of the FX used?

@Ness. For the Ex move code, I just copied some of the EX move codes from POTS's Ryu and some from different other shotos. Sorry if I didn't have a winmugen version of my Gouki. I really don't know how to convert it(though I can learn how) and I don't have time to.
#8  September 20, 2012, 09:28:10 pm
    • USA

I haven't check the codes on your Akuma but I think most of POTS's older characters have a var(1)( = 1 for normal, = 2 for Evil)  if they have modes and State 5900 where the palettes for which mode are assigned. Yes the lvl 3 hyper portrait. I guess you can leave it be then. I'm sorry I didn't get what you meant on the "super BG before Akuma perform his supers black like in POTS's." line. Do you mean when at the super pause state of the FX used?
That's sound easy to understand, thanks. I think I know how to configure it. If I still have any questions, I will post them here.

Yeah, that was I meant (The "super pause state"). I had no idea what was that called until you told me. The BG during the super pause state was blue in P.o.t.S's latest versions of his characters, but in his older versions they were originally black. I want to figure out how to make them black again. It just would look better with the fx Demonicdan3 used on him.
#9  September 20, 2012, 10:04:41 pm
  • Check out my Podcast!
    • USA
    • Skype - NessTheAvatar
For the most part all I can do is a graphical update i would gladly submit my edits to you folks!