YesNoOk

All things Touhou: PS4 edition (Read 25614 times)

Started by c001357, September 01, 2014, 11:53:17 am
Share this topic:
All things Touhou: PS4 edition
#1  September 01, 2014, 11:53:17 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
Re: All things Touhou: PS4 edition
#2  September 01, 2014, 01:10:38 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Why fan games and not his actual games though..
#3  September 01, 2014, 08:00:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the man has standars
#4  September 01, 2014, 08:03:18 pm
  • This is... the LAST dance...
    • USA
Good, fan made. I almost panicked. He just doesn't want his games to be engulfed in massive popularity.
Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:31:54 pm by KrimZon_Naga[009]
#5  September 02, 2014, 03:29:23 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Interestingly enough, the main websites for the three games in question don't mention anything about PS4 ports at the time of writing this... I'm assuming he had to ask the doujin circles responsible for these games in advance, if not then I'm not sure how to feel about this...
#6  September 03, 2014, 02:41:48 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I played the three games, and they're quite good. The third one has netplay too, basically 3-D battles in the sky with 4 players on the screen at max. The second is a really hard RPG, called Genius of Sappheiros. The first is a Roguelike Game, called Mystery Gensokyo. Have only played the first one, so I can't really tell you how good the sequels are, but the first one was fun.
Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:46:42 am by Nanashi_1337
Re: All things Touhou: Smash Bros. edition
#7  January 08, 2015, 05:55:49 pm
Well well...

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/08/touhou-super-smash-battles-combines-touhou-project-and-super-smash-bros/

Independent studio From Soy Sauce is hoping to bring its competitive platform fighting game Touhou Super Smash Battles to Windows, Mac, Linux, and Wii U, and maybe other platforms. The decider of that will be the success of the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign for the game.

As the title reveals, Touhou Super Smash Battles borrows heavily from Super Smash Bros. and Touhou games and fandom. In particular, it is said to have a control scheme that is inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee and the Brawl mod Project M.

The base goal for the Indiegogo crowdfunding is $10,000, which would secure the final version of the game with 12 playable characters, 10 stages, four-player local multiplayer, stock-time battles, as well as team and free-for-all battles. There will also be a single-player Super Smash Bros. “Classic Mode.”
#8  January 08, 2015, 06:42:31 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
This seems like it would be fun to play. But I don't know if Nintendo would let this on the Wii U.
#9  January 08, 2015, 07:26:51 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Watch this have no items and all the stages will suddenly be different variants of final destination.
Yes, I'm aware that there were platforms resembling Battlefield, but work with me here

The danmaku heavy style of touhou really doesn't work well with Smash mechanics....
#10  January 08, 2015, 07:33:42 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
#11  January 08, 2015, 07:39:32 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Everything looking nice from a gameplay perspective and I know it's a work in progress but I hope to fucking god that those faces are placeholders.
#12  January 08, 2015, 08:50:46 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hmmm I guess Touhou's gone mainstream
Was hoping for someone like Zael from The Last Story, but I guess behind every cloud, there is a silver-lining. Hopefully this character plays well.
This is a generic forum signature.
#13  January 16, 2015, 05:02:49 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
#14  February 07, 2015, 01:06:03 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
After attempts to negotiate with ZUN regarding the Indigogo funding, the project ultimately received a Cease & Desist order from Team Shanghai Alice's legal rep. The game is now officially known as "Nansei Doujin Spirit" and all Touhou references have been removed.

Further info:

For one thing Im not sure I can look at Touhou the same way again.
#15  February 07, 2015, 01:32:47 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Last I heard the dev's behind it were acting extremely scummy themselves so this probably goes a bit deeper than ZUN's people acting like jerks.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:51:12 am by Roman55
#16  February 07, 2015, 04:15:14 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69

Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#17  February 07, 2015, 04:21:13 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Last I heard the dev's behind it were acting extremely scummy themselves so this probably goes a bit deeper than ZUN's people acting like jerks.

Yeah Im gonna need a source on this too, especially after hearing this:

said devs of that game were acting royally scummy to the point of even doxing someone close to ZUN

Pal

#18  February 07, 2015, 04:28:15 am
    • Argentina
The sources are all over the place but ZUN asked them not to continue because they were planning a port to Wii U and were gathering donations to fund development.

It was kinda a misunderstanding of some sorts but the devs reacted terribly, saying that their work was in a "gray" area and that they talked got ZUN's blessing after all when in fact they were just emailing back and forth and still getting the same "stop this" response.

I haven't been following it closely but I've seen some of what's been going on and yeah, the devs were being pretty nasty about it.
#19  February 07, 2015, 04:38:11 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
It was kinda a misunderstanding of some sorts but the devs reacted terribly, saying that their work was in a "gray" area and that they talked got ZUN's blessing after all when in fact they were just emailing back and forth and still getting the same "stop this" response.

So the two emails they publicly posted from Oyamada saying that they could continue provided that they removed the indiegogo campaign, those were fake?
#20  February 07, 2015, 04:48:54 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox