10/21/2017 Update Notes:
- Azrael now just silently goes charging during Valiant Charger, instead of being all "SYAAH" every time.
- Azrael can now use his Astral Heat without any HP restrictions in his 11p, and can use it 3 times freely in his 12p.
- Added alot of extra dust and rocks and quakes to Azrael's 11p intro.
- Added alot of extra dust and quakes and explosions and roars to Azrael's 12p intro.
- The Phalanx Cannon projectile will now properly explode on contact, rather than only on a successful hit.
- Fixed an animation error of the Phalanx Cannon projectiles for the 1.0 version of Azrael.
- Increased the duration of Azrael's iframes during his Astral Heat, up till he enters his recovery frames.
- AI Modifications.
10/14/2017 Update Notes:
- Changed the character icon to a close-up of Azrael's face.
- Greatly increased the distance covered when Super Jumping forwards or backwards.
- Azrael will now turn towards the opponent at the end of an Air Dash if the opponent is behind him.
- Azrael should now be properly grabable even while his Guard Point is active during Hornet Bunker, Valiant Crash and Sentinel Dump.
- The backwards Throw should no longer require backwards inputs if you want to follow up with anything when it does damage.
- Tiger Magnum, Cobra Strike and Leopard Launcher will now all wallstick the opponent while the Valiant Charger w/UW effect is active.
- Fixed a HUGE and ancient issue with Azrael not guarding properly at seemingly random times.
- Fixed the inputs for air jumps and super jumps. They should both be much more responsive now.
- Fixed a slight delay on Valiant Charger activation after hitting with Valiant Crash w/UW.
- Fixed the opponent returning straight into their base idle state after breaking a throw, if they didn't have a custom animation for it.
- Distortion Drive supers, and alot of other moves that were previously unavailable, are now usable during Valiant Charger.
- Distortion Drive supers should now have the same background darken effect last the entire move, rather than it suddenly becoming brighter midway through.
Mr. Tyrant is here to smack you in the face, and then eat it for dinner. Because that's what he does.
Find him on my OneDrive here.
So with the success of Kagura Mutsuki, I laid plans for more Blazblue characters that I would look into, after a nice long break.
The one who would follow was Azrael, and just like Kagura, he's based on his CPEX version, has all the moves from the game, and is about as close to the source as I could get him.
As per usual, there's a Mugen 1.1 and a Mugen 1.0 version, and as always I recommend the 1.1 version, because Mugen 1.0 has lower quality sprites and effects.
For more specific information, go to my site. http://vaultofdeoxgigas.webs.com/
Movelist and specific mechanic information can be found in the readme file Azrael comes with.
Here's some examples of Azrael fighting:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
It hasn't been easy. Even though I already had a solid foundation in Kagura to start with, it would still take hundreds of hours to build up this guy.
Azrael had the same problem as all other Blazblue characters: Most of his effect sprites are 3d textured and pretty damn hard to rip, and unlike Kagura, Azrael had almost no standard 2d sprites of his own to work with. Therefore, I've had to heavily improvise: Azrael uses more sprites from other games than Kagura, and is also using a bunch of the 2d sprites available from various other Blazblue characters. As a result, Azrael now has alot more claw and fire in his moves.
Well, I had my share of fun figuring out how to make him work, and learning how Dust and Vanishing (Banishing?) attacks work in Arcsys games, because Azrael has his own versions of both.
Anywho, with this, I think it's high time that I put away my Mugen resources and fade away. After having made 27 LF2 and Touhou characters, followed by two Blazblue monstrocities, both eating hundreds of hours for their completion, I think it's about high time that I call it quits. My Mugen interest has all but faded, and I've long since left the main reason I even got into it in the first place.
That means that I won't be making anymore Blazblue characters, and probably not anything else either, though I did consider making Izayoi after Azrael, but that was in his early stages. The most I'll be doing is fixing any gamebreaking bugs, if there's any that have escaped my testing.
PS: Kagura Mutsuki was updated just the other day. The newest version includes all the fixes and improvements I discovered while making Azrael.