YesNoOk

[BETA v0.2] (Released) (Read 116665 times)

Started by firelord, March 07, 2014, 09:11:06 am
Share this topic:
Re: [BETA v0.2] (Released)
#41  August 13, 2014, 11:00:06 pm
  • Custom Title
  • Are you a real villain?
    • USA
No, I don't want a signature under all of my posts.
#42  September 01, 2014, 07:58:45 pm
  • Custom Title
    • USA
Add in the Move-List combinations, example: x x y y z, a a b ← + c
Or we should look for?

We haven't really decided on if the combos should be in the movelists or not. I mean, in my opinion, learning to play the character and figuring out their combos is part of the fun. But that's just my opinion.
#43  October 07, 2014, 10:36:48 pm
  • Custom Title
    • USA
#44  October 08, 2014, 05:45:40 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
#45  November 10, 2014, 04:28:40 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#46  November 10, 2014, 05:00:11 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
News?

A month later.

This isn't really necessary. Please give the author time to update what they have to and simply wait like everyone else is. Pushing people to make updates is frowned upon and really doesn't make you look any good in the process.

Which leads to this...

Stop being a pest. He will tell you when there is progress. Read his last reply to you...

Again, please be patient. Thank you.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#47  November 12, 2014, 05:19:29 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Alright, since I'm not trying to keep anyone watching this project in the dark, i'll give a progress update and tell you all what exactly has been going on. (WALL OF TEXT INCOMING)

For one, we have fixed any bugs that appeared in the .2 release, but it goes further than that. Firelord has added a new stage and I believe may have another he might add in before .25 drops. He's also working the screenpack a bit.

Andy has been working on...surprises, for .3. Just, trust me, if you love the dark temple stage in it's current state, what he will be providing after this next beta is going to blow your mind. Seriously. He's also sitting at about 70-80% progress on the next two characters after Reptile and Chun.

Sandman as you may know has been collecting a pool of voice actors in order to record custom lines to breathe new life into all the characters, as well add a more professional feel to the story mode as we progress forward. Again, it's very good stuff. He's also been helping quite a bit with sprite edits on the mk characters since I've become a bit lazy in regards to spriting.

And finally, last but probably least, lol, I have been working essentially nonstop to streamline the game and fine tune our systems. The max combo system has been implemented, there is a juggle system present now, a new wall splat mechanic has been added when in the corner (credit to Andy), and I have been editing and balancing every character so their attacks feel more responsive, so the damage feels significant, and so the hitboxes are damn near identical to sf3. Or in the case of the mk cast, resembling sf3 hitboxes.  And I've scaled the AI so that if you want to put yourself through hell on level 8 you can, or you can casually play at level 1.

Basically, every character has been worked so much this may as well be a whole new game. Everything feels great when you put our efforts together. And while I've always been terrible at time estimates, I really feel .25 is on the horizon. Like a couple weeks horizon.

Sagat is finished, Ryu is finished, Akuma just needs a bit of damage tweaking, Chun-Li has her hitboxes and frame data redone and just needs AI and some damage tweaks, Reptile just needs AI, Chameleon and Kung Lao need their frame data and damage looked at but have their AI almost fully done, and Scorpion...well he probably will take the longest. There needs to be a couple sprite edits done because he's getting two new moves to make him more offense oriented, but then it's just frame data and damage tweaking.

So please, just hang in there with us a bit longer, We know it's been a long time, but it's because we've made a lot of sweeping positive changes for the project. I promise the next updates will never take this long. I'll also try and get up a video, or some screenshots, something.

Thanks!
#48  November 27, 2014, 03:31:03 am
  • Custom Title
    • USA
I've also been working on some stages, if anyone's interested.

#49  November 27, 2014, 05:16:17 pm
  • Frankenspriting is fun!!
    • Peru
I really like the first one. The second one, however... not that great.

-The side walls seem monotonous - they need more color variation or some additional shading. Also, I can tell where you pasted the wall pieces (I can see the lines on each side).

-This might just be me, but I don't think the back pillars need to be that crooked. You should straighten those up, I think. Same goes for the front ones.

-Shao Kahn's helmet looks somehow artificially put in there. Its lighting doesn't really fit the rest of the environment.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 01:55:52 am by ESFAndy011
#50  November 29, 2014, 12:32:34 am
  • Custom Title
    • USA
I'll get working on the lighting and such on that other one. In the meantime, here's one more.
#51  November 29, 2014, 12:40:59 am
  • Frankenspriting is fun!!
    • Peru
The sun looks like a muzzleflash melting on all sides (should have a more round-ish shape), but the rest looks awesome!
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#52  November 29, 2014, 12:46:41 am
  • Custom Title
    • USA

GK

#53  December 04, 2014, 02:38:17 pm
  • Revenant
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Nice to see some more progress on this. I really like this game, I can't wait for the next release.

With the lifebars (mentioning this here because I'm unsure if I'm allowed to bump the lifebar thread), have you considered using bars that more-resemble MK9's lifebars? MK9 used MKvsDC's lifebars with modifications. Maybe something like this could be better suited for the game. I do like the current lifebars used for the game but they don't really fit, IMO.

Would it be alright for someone outside of your team to make a SF/MK char to be included in this game?
Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 02:54:10 pm by Ghost Killer
#54  December 31, 2014, 11:43:44 pm
  • Custom Title
    • USA
#55  February 17, 2015, 07:34:41 pm
  • "A vida é maravilhosa, sem ela morreriamos..."
    • Brazil
    • igor_2010cg@hotmail.com
    • http://brazilmugenteam.com
Newss??
#56  March 02, 2015, 04:41:48 am
  • Custom Title
    • USA
#57  March 05, 2015, 01:00:10 pm
  • Custom Title
    • USA
Nice to see some more progress on this. I really like this game, I can't wait for the next release.

With the lifebars (mentioning this here because I'm unsure if I'm allowed to bump the lifebar thread), have you considered using bars that more-resemble MK9's lifebars? MK9 used MKvsDC's lifebars with modifications. Maybe something like this could be better suited for the game. I do like the current lifebars used for the game but they don't really fit, IMO.

Would it be alright for someone outside of your team to make a SF/MK char to be included in this game?

Sorry for the incredibly delayed response, lol. When it comes to the lifebars, those are already being worked on by Fire Lord along with a few other things. As for the character(s), go right ahead and make a character if you'd like. I can't really promise it'd be included, though. I'd have to discuss it with the others, since that'd be more up to Andy or Chatman to decide.
#58  May 18, 2015, 10:11:56 pm
  • "A vida é maravilhosa, sem ela morreriamos..."
    • Brazil
    • igor_2010cg@hotmail.com
    • http://brazilmugenteam.com
The project is no longer in progress?
#59  May 22, 2015, 01:29:07 am
  • Custom Title
    • USA
The project is no longer in progress?

Progress is slow, man. There's only four of us. If we posted what we did every day, there'd be nothing new to see by the time the next update hits.
#60  January 30, 2016, 08:03:35 pm
    • USA
NOTE TO PROGRAMMERS:
As a programmer since the 80's, never 'talk' about things you cannot show (in this case, something neat that works). You seem to have time to tell people to relax, but not time to do what you intended to do. This puts a bad mark on your name. There are kickstarter things like 'Pro Wresting X' and 'River City Ransom Underground' that actually get fools to pay them for 'beta' images made in photoshop, while I do not doubt your sincerity of making a cool mk vs sf game, what is the point of getting people to click on dead download links, then reading a forum with you bitching about having nothing to show. I will not even be mentioning anything Im working on until it is ready to knock people sock's off. Are you guys like 15? Do the right thing please to save people time and have all your website posts (relevant to this 'project') say 'deleted until further notice and no not ask when it will be done, because the answer will be speculation. In the meantime, try MAME, which has been a staple for years, for things playable now.".