YesNoOk

Buckus' WIPs. Ruby Heart Beta Released (Read 100965 times)

Started by A$AP Buckus, March 01, 2012, 09:39:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Buckus' WIPs. Captain America Beta Released
#241  May 25, 2013, 10:58:01 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Thanks for trying Cap out guys. Here's a long post:

Regarding this, are you still keeping the your old combo system similar to the MvC series or going into a more CvS-ish system??

The gameplay will largely be unchanged. I'm only changing system stuff (custom juggle system, better dampener, etc. All around more organized and customizable. Thanks Rajaa's Supergirl coding for this.) I will take out super to super cancelling like in this beta.

-If Final Justice is parried, Cap will still go into the anims of it like he caught p2 with it. Gonna need like a NumTarget trigger for it.
-Shield Slash return trip seems to give too little hitstun for p2 imo. More times than not p2 guards any followup I try to do when mixing them up with Shield Slash's return trip.

-I just realized I forgot to add that.
-Oops. That'll be fixed.

- Sprpriority for shied could be lowered during dodge, as Cap is behind P2, but the shield in front. Really odd.
- Missing voice during dodge maybe.
- No special super jump sound ?
- On the moves where we can see "several shields" due to speed (s.SP, c.SP), it could look very nice if the first shields (those that are in fact "blur") where more and more transparent. For example, on c.SP, all shields are very visible during the hitpause. It would be cool if the last shield was normal, the 2nd with 80% opacity, the 3rd one with 60%, etc.
- On palettes 2 and 7, the shiny shield FX during Charging Star is not the same colour as the shield or Cap's energy. Yeah, I can be that nitpicky lol. :P
- No throw attempt voice or woosh. No woosh sound during throw either (specially missing on the kick throw).
- Throws can be performed with 2P or 2K, contrary to what the readme says.
- Stars and Stripes is performed with a DP command, not F,QCF.
- Stupid question since I'm not a Cap user, but what's Cartwheel's use, since you already have a dodge ?
- At the end of Final Justice, the burnt/explosion sound for P2 is played every 2 or 3 ticks, which sounds odd IMO. Try to reduce the number of times it plays.

-That'll be fixed
-I can add that
-I'll look into it. Don't think I ever included a super jump sound in my chars.
-The way the shield is coded and sprited, this probably won't happen.
- ::)
-Will be added
-I'll fix that. I forgot a lot of stuff in the readme. (Double jump cancel, air D+HK in the air)
-Will be fixed
-That's been answered by others. Basically, it's a more invincible, more spacious cross-up tool
-Will do

Is the .sff finalized on Cap?  If so, I can knock out separating his belt buckle like we discussed way back when. 

Yep as far as Cap sprites go. That'll be a great touch and thanks.

- does Cap's shield give him any extra properties?  I noticed that he has a hitbox on him whenever he has his shield in hand... I'm just curious.
- It would be cool if he could drop/lose his shield in certain circumstances.
- Shouldn't the trajectory for S. HP Shield splash be a bit further up ?  The shield doesn't fly far enough upwards IMO.

I hope you get well soon and get your "Mugen groove" back bud.  :)

-The Clsn on the shield are just for "helper" push you can say. With the clsn, the shield won't get misaligned if Cap is pushed. When he has the shield, his Charging Star/Hyper Charging Star can plow through projectiles (only normal/special projectiles in special versions)
-I based it off of the MvC3 version of him where he never loses it. I like it better that way
-I'll look into it

I like your Captain America, but his double jump doesn't always work.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that he can jump cancel out of air combos (in the mid of an air combo, you can jump again to continue the combo). And forgot to upload this beta with the fixed double jump. Sometimes, you can't double jump forward when descending.

Nice job, but he needs more things to work on it.
Try to work on one char at a time.

That's not how I work. I like to jump from project to project based on interest.

-Do you plan to add in his air throw where he punches p2 down to the ground?
-It's extremely rare, but sometimes I'm able to negative edge/super cancel from HP Stars n' Stripes, as the FX appears on Cap for it. Resulting in the FX from Stars n' Stripes to "stick" to Cap during the super pause of whatever super I cancel into. I've only done it twice, it's really hard to do, but it is possible. May want to check that out.

-Yes it'll be in
-I'll look into it.

Once again thanks guys. I guess this is kind of a teaser for the CvTW version of Cap I'll be doing soon.

#242  May 28, 2013, 02:28:20 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Not sure if it's because the shield helper or because of Ryu, but when Guile and Roll's SF2 ryu grabs him and throws him he floats through the air.
#243  May 29, 2013, 01:55:20 am
Couple suggestions regarding Cap:
-Any way to make it so that when he loses his shield, it always comes back from the closest edge of the screen?  It looks a little strange when it flies in from the all the way across.
-Maybe tweak the velocity/trajectory of his in-air Shield Slashes.  Cap starts falling before his shield reattaches, making it seem a bit funky.
-No directional input on the throws?  I'm assuming you're working on this, since it's in the rest of your characters.

Anyway, goddamn is he awesome, you can expect his shiny new belt buckle in the next few days.
#244  August 14, 2013, 01:39:47 am
  • That guy who doesn't do too much...
    • USA
    • MasterJames445@gmail.com
Hey, Buckus! Really appreciate what your doing, ESPECIALLY in reguards of the BattleToads!

If you need a voice actor for Zitz, just let me know. I can do either/or: The nerdy southern from the lesser-known BattleToads cartoon, or the hefty brawler from the Arcade game.
"Prepare to be petrified!" - Ickis, "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters"
"So I left my room for 5 seconds! Do you hear any alarms going off?" - Jenny, "My Life as a Teenage Robot"
"Who knew that Robot Hell actually existed? And that it was in New Jersey?! - Leela, "Futurama"
"I've got a craving for action! Take us to the Rumble, Coach!" - Zitz, "BattleToads"
"EAT DIRT, EVERYONE IN THE VICINITY!!!" - Earthworm Jim
"Ya probably want my autograph, right?" - ToeJam, "ToeJam and Earl"
"Oh...There WILL be nachos..." - Kick Buttowski
#245  August 14, 2013, 02:43:57 am
    • USA
    • thesilverstar1@gmail.com
There was a special normal looking move where Cap will sit on his shield knee first coming from overhead. He used to do this on the Data East Avenger games from the NES, Arcade, and SNES. The three games he did this on was Captain America and the Avengers on the NES. The SNES and Arcade one also had this move. In 1996, Avengers in Galactic Storm, Cap had this move as a special. Give him an overhead like that.
#246  August 14, 2013, 07:49:56 am
Hey, Buckus! Really appreciate what your doing, ESPECIALLY in reguards of the BattleToads!

If you need a voice actor for Zitz, just let me know. I can do either/or: The nerdy southern from the lesser-known BattleToads cartoon, or the hefty brawler from the Arcade game.

I'm glad someone is doing for Zitz. Then the next battletoad will be released and Zitz was never been made for mugen.
Well there's one private Zitz, but never been released or heard again. This should be good.
#247  August 14, 2013, 08:52:46 am
Wow.....forgot about my WIP thread. Well, since it's active, might as well post something.

^This is a WIP anim for the HP version of Rafale Cannon(HCB+P). Not combo-able, slow startup, but high damaging and long range knockdown move (maybe wall bounce?). I'll put out a beta for people to test and update Cap's beta later this week.
#248  August 14, 2013, 09:28:04 am
Wow.....forgot about my WIP thread. Well, since it's active, might as well post something.

^This is a WIP anim for the HP version of Rafale Cannon(HCB+P). Not combo-able, slow startup, but high damaging and long range knockdown move (maybe wall bounce?). I'll put out a beta for people to test and update Cap's beta later this week.

Finally some news of Buckus. Can't wait for a update for Cap. America. Hooray!!!

DW

#249  August 14, 2013, 07:08:40 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Hmm... IDK about a wall bounce property on that attack. Doesn't look befitting of the animation imo. Though, if you're gonna be releasing a beta of her this week, put it in and let's see how it works out. Looking forward to it. Also, I've been meaning to ask you something, but it keeps slipping my mind... Let me do it now before I forget again. Gonna send you a PM.
#250  August 14, 2013, 07:16:16 pm
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
This looks like it would fit more for a ground bounce rather than a wall bounce.

#251  August 14, 2013, 07:57:32 pm
This looks like it would fit more for a ground bounce rather than a wall bounce.

:omg: I forgot about ground bounce.........that makes more sense than wall bounce. Think I'll go with that. Also, it's an overhead and OTG attack.
#252  August 14, 2013, 09:45:23 pm
#253  August 14, 2013, 10:30:59 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looing forward to the Captain update and also, your other current wips. Keep it rocking man, peace.
#254  August 14, 2013, 10:34:09 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK

DW

#255  August 14, 2013, 11:01:25 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
:omg: I forgot about ground bounce.........that makes more sense than wall bounce. Think I'll go with that. Also, it's an overhead and OTG attack.

I was going to bring that up. That it looks like an overhead attack. Cool to hear it will be one. OTG + ground bouncing sounds interesting as well.
#256  August 14, 2013, 11:23:02 pm
#257  August 14, 2013, 11:34:40 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Speaking of bounce, there are 4 chars in work and still haven't heard of it.
Still waiting Shiva, Goat and the other wips.
I been wondering this for years... Kain Blade, Goat etc... hope he didnt forget about them...   :'(
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
Re: Buckus' WIPs. Ruby Heart Beta Released
#258  August 18, 2013, 01:46:49 am
Here's the Ruby Heart Beta:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wfbrphgb7n811i7

- No Lvl 3
- Partonelle & Mille Fantom have otg properties. That'll be changed in the final
- No super-super cancelling. My chars won't have this anymore in the future.
- Front grab is x+y, back grab is a+b.....I think
- A bunch of other stuff I can't remember

C&C are welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance.
#259  August 18, 2013, 01:59:55 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Here's the Ruby Heart Beta:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wfbrphgb7n811i7

- No Lvl 3
- Partonelle & Mille Fantom have otg properties. That'll be changed in the final
- No super-super cancelling. My chars won't have this anymore in the future.
- Front grab is x+y, back grab is a+b.....I think
- A bunch of other stuff I can't remember

C&C are welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Awesome! Downloading inmediately!

#260  August 18, 2013, 02:09:57 am
Forgot to add:
- LP Rafale Cannon/Sublimation/Mille Fantom doesn't set the opponent on fire. Will be included in the final version