YesNoOk

Buriki One Silber updated (6/16/15) - System files updated (Read 22548 times)

Started by Bannana, December 29, 2012, 07:23:07 am
Share this topic:
Buriki One Silber updated (6/16/15) - System files updated
#1  December 29, 2012, 07:23:07 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
Spoiler: "old info" (click to see content)

Under Characters > Original Karate

from readme:
- FIXED AI BACKHOP BUG (as far as I have seen in my time working on this)
- Aussagen physics tweaked
- Much more competent AI

Known bug (not listed in readme)
- Boundless stages make quake useless, don't really feel like fixing it

System files updated, if you have Gai (update for him coming in the near future by the way), just download them and put them in the folder.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 06:20:15 am by Bannana
Re: Buriki One Silber
#2  December 29, 2012, 07:40:22 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
HOLY SHIT
HEYA BANNANANANAAAAAAAA
I missed ya, ye bastard. ;~;
#3  December 29, 2012, 03:10:08 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Cancelling Aussaugen into Recoil causes Silber to sink into the ground.
Inputting SPD,B while Silber is jumping into the air to perform Flying Axe Kick will trigger another superpause and superspark but won't interrupt the move beyond that.
#4  December 29, 2012, 09:12:55 pm
    • USA
Thanks for the feedback.

I should have worked more exceptions into Recoil being standing only and I should check if I might have given control during Axe Kick accidentally.
#5  December 30, 2012, 11:54:50 am
wow just wow 5 stars on this charater i cant believe how accurate your conversion is +1 5stars epic
Jango said:
Robert the small said:
OH, SO YOU WANNA FIGHT!? I'LL SHALALY YA, YA DRIED UP STINKY DICKLICKER!
MY RAPEFEST WILL BE SO GREAT YOU'LL HAVE TO SHUT DOWN YOUR YOUTUBE ACCOUNT LIKE FLOOFIEKUN
#6  December 30, 2012, 11:11:03 pm
    • USA
Major update to the Buriki One system & small update in Silber (link located at top)

System updates:
v.9:
- All Guard Bugs fixed
- sprite/animation bug with guarding and hopping back fixed

See the Buriki One CMD & common readme for more detailed information

Silber Update:
v.73:
- Addressed Recoil canceling Bug

See the Silber readme for more detailed information
Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:49:27 am by Bannana
Re: Buriki One Silber (now 1.0 compatible)
#7  January 02, 2013, 01:50:45 am
    • USA
(accidentally merged this with the last instead of bumping : /)
New update today (if only due to the system update).

Check the first post for info
#8  January 02, 2013, 02:26:22 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
Brazilian Kick also has the same problem Recoil did from cancelling from Aussaugen
Strong Attack changes the hit opponent to an invalid state (257) once they hit the wall.
Standing->Crouching, Crouching, and Crouching->Standing states have no collisions

To Do
- Still looking for the bug about another superpause activating during Flying Axe Kick, mostly because I
can't recreate the conditions at the moment.

Just rotate the stick clockwise like mad
Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:22:11 am by Koakuma
#9  January 02, 2013, 02:37:19 am
    • USA
Brazilian Kick also has the same problem Recoil did from cancelling from Aussaugen
Strong Attack changes the hit opponent to an invalid state (257) once they hit the wall.
Standing->Crouching, Crouching, and Crouching->Standing states have no collisions
- I thought I dealt with Brazilian Kick when I did Recoil, I'll need to go back and check.
(Turns out I didn't, I thought I did and then I noticed that I put the trigger in the wrong section and made it so you couldn't cancel into axe kick from Aussaugen...)
- I think I noticed that invalid state from the debug flood when I first made it, but forgot to go back and look to see why.
- Whoops, I knew I forgot something. That's awkward.

Just rotate the stick clockwise like mad
Oh, I see now. Never tried moving it around like that mid move.
That should be an easy fix when I look inside.

Thanks for the feedback once again.

Posted: January 02, 2013, 03:48:29 am
A mega hotfix has been uploaded just now : )
I think I've covered all the current issues brought up as of now.

Log v0.9 - hotfix
Issues Addressed:
- Fixed Aussaugen -> Brazilian Kick bug
- Added collisions to couching anims
- Fixed Axe Kick superpause bug
Solution: It affected all supers because I didn't put triggers preventing it from canceling into itself
AND I screwed up the triggers in the CNS. My bad.
- Fixed invalid action bug for 257 (animation was numbered 267 instead of 257 :/), added collisions to
it, and tweaked the vels to work with Impale
- I can say with 95% confidence (with about 3% error) that you can no longer OTG twice with Stomp
#10  January 02, 2013, 08:08:57 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
If you cancel from Aussaugen into Impale from the middle of the screen, you'll usually miss the opponent and fall through the ground
Strong Attack misses up close on thin characters (eg Kung Fu Man)
You can still OTG Stomp twice on an opponent after hitting them with a Strong Attack
#11  January 02, 2013, 09:22:58 am
    • USA
If you cancel from Aussaugen into Impale from the middle of the screen, you'll usually miss the opponent and fall through the ground
Strong Attack misses up close on thin characters (eg Kung Fu Man)
You can still OTG Stomp twice on an opponent after hitting them with a Strong Attack
- That's weird, you shouldn't be able to cancel into Impale from Aussaugen because it's a follow up to the strong attack. I needed to be more specific with the triggers then.
- Strong attack missing that close is intentional. All the power goes into the arm. If you hit someone with your bicep like that as opposed to your forearm/wrist/hand it wouldn't hurt as much. I could code in a part for it if you're closer, but it would be the same as using a weak attack so there kinda isn't a point.
- I'll fine tune the triggers for that. I'm just not fast enough at inputting these commands.
#12  January 02, 2013, 09:28:36 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
- That's weird, you shouldn't be able to cancel into Impale from Aussaugen because it's a follow up to the strong attack. I needed to be more specific with the triggers then.

Might be because Aussaugen now puts the opponent in the 257 state.
#13  January 02, 2013, 09:35:12 am
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
Check your controlls mapping I have to press a button for him to walk and the moving the controller causes him to punch (using mugen 1.0)
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#14  January 02, 2013, 09:38:08 am
    • USA

Might be because Aussaugen now puts the opponent in the 257 state.

Yeah, I see that now.

I put that there because when I originally coded it Aussaugen was meant to act the same as the strong attack if the enemy hit the wall, but I think what might have happened is that because state 257 was invalid it ignored the wallhit entirely and it just acted like an attack that knocked the opponent away. Now because I fixed 257 it wants to be able to cancel into it.

I'm just going to fix the trigger for canceling and rewrite Aussaugen. This also reminds me that I still need to fix Impale if it misses, because the AI is stupid and uses it incorrectly.

Check your controlls mapping I have to press a button for him to walk and the moving the controller causes him to punch (using mugen 1.0)

That's the style, be sure to check the readmes for the controls.
I don't think I wrote about movement in Silber's readme, only the attacks, so I'll update that too.

Posted: January 02, 2013, 11:14:24 pm
New fix up, see first post for changes.
#15  January 03, 2013, 06:23:04 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Finally I can test your Silber, I'm very happy that Buriki One can be emulated in MUGEN, it's like a dream come true :D now, my feedback on Silber (v0.9):
-Even made in 1.0, you can use it in WinMugen deleting Seravy's AI code in CMD. Maybe you should put an option to disable it (a var sctrl) or simply a separate CMD with this deleted
-It feels strange the movement commands, I guess it fits better A for back and B for forward and not viceversa, IMO
-I guess I remember it was a third button for jump (but a little jump, like in 3D fighters as Tekken or DOA series), I'm not sure about it since has been years since I played B1
-Forward in right side doesn't work (no matter if you're P1 or P2), it's like Silber stay in stand, moves a little and can't pass though the enemy like run/fwd move in left side. The only way to pass to left side is with Aussaugen or the opponent jumping to the other side
-Moves in general are hard to perform, maybe some more ~ or less time in command section on CMD (or maybe both). I'm on a keyboard anyway, dunno if this happens with joypad, too
-High Strike doesn't hit close to the opponent
-Intro voices sounds like played infinite times
-Criminal combo: close LowS + close MidS + Aussaugen + close MidS + Aussaugen = half of lifebar o_O can be varied to make more damage with 6-7 hits
-Palettes don't work well, there're no changes on Silber colors

Also, I got some personal appretiations on the general moves, take it as feedback for B1 system if you want:
Buriki One Mechanics

--Joystick and Buttons--
   Button A: Walk to the Left      Added
   Button B: Walk to the Right          Voided
   Press button A twice: Forward Dash   Voided
   Press button B twice: Back Jump      Added --Tweaked-- Press B Once
   Press button A and B: Block          Added --Tweaked-- Back on the Stick

Tap Down-Forward: Low Strike         Added
   Tap Forward: Middle Strike      Added
   Tap Up-Forward: High Strike          Added

Tap Down: Low Guard                  Added
   Tap High: High Guard                 To Be Added -- Possibility of being voided

Tap Down-Back: Low Dodge      Voided
   Tap Back: Middle Dodge      Voided
   Tap Up-Back: High Dodge      Voided

Balance Gauge         To Be Added -- Possibility of being voided
   Judges Decision         To Be Added -- Possibility of being voided
-A and B buttons should have walk/backwalk animations instead just run and backdash, and keep like that if you keep the button pressed
-Run/Dash should be done with Forward twice instead just once like Silber has
-Down should be normal crouch only (unprotected like stand)
-Up should do a little jump (just like in 3D fighters or Samurai Shodown 5)
-Down-Back should be Dodge
-Back and Up-Back should be Low and High Guard
-A and B close to opponent makes a throw, this doesn't appear in any of both readmes

I've to say this Silber is a discover for m and one of the most original character I played in last time, I hope you can make all the other B1 chars or at least make a B1 template to make other characters with this style, which I love it. Keep it going ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#16  January 03, 2013, 09:55:54 pm
    • USA
-Even made in 1.0, you can use it in WinMugen deleting Seravy's AI code in CMD. Maybe you should put an option to disable it (a var sctrl) or simply a separate CMD with this deleted
I could do a separate CMD for Winmugen, seeing how I still have my old impossible commands AI activation laying around.
-It feels strange the movement commands, I guess it fits better A for back and B for forward and not viceversa, IMO
I do think you're right that it's strange. I could easily create extra CMD files for reversed controls. The weird thing is that when I first started making the system I guess I had my MUGEN set up so B was to the left of A. It makes no sense and I don't know why it's like that, because I set up the commands a long time ago.
-I guess I remember it was a third button for jump (but a little jump, like in 3D fighters as Tekken or DOA series), I'm not sure about it since has been years since I played B1
I don't remember a jump and I never see it done in videos, so I'm playing it safe and ignoring jump.
-Forward in right side doesn't work (no matter if you're P1 or P2), it's like Silber stay in stand, moves a little and can't pass though the enemy like run/fwd move in left side. The only way to pass to left side is with Aussaugen or the opponent jumping to the other side
Genuinely I have no clue why that bug is happening for you. I've had that bug only when editing movement, but I've always fixed it and it's never occurred any other time.
-Moves in general are hard to perform, maybe some more ~ or less time in command section on CMD (or maybe both). I'm on a keyboard anyway, dunno if this happens with joypad, too
The only move I forgot a ~ on was Aussaugen. Time for all specials is 20. Impale is 20, Brazilian Kick is 30, and Flying Axe Kick is 40. Not sure if that information is super useful, but in general I think playing on keyboard might be harder than on a pad or a stick.
-High Strike doesn't hit close to the opponent
That's the only intentional thing I've done that's on feedback lists. I just don't think that anything would happen if you hit someone with that part of your arm.
-Intro voices sounds like played infinite times
This has been bothering me since I first put the sounds into the intros. I'm not sure why it sounds like that because the volume of those sound clips are the same as the volume of every other sound in the SND.

This is the code for the intros:
Code:
[Statedef 191]
type = S
ctrl = 0
anim = 190
velset = 0,0

[State 191, 1]
type = ChangeAnim
trigger1 = RoundState = 0
value = 190

[State 191, 2]
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = 1
flag = Intro

[State 191 Sound 1]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = Animelem = 1
value = S190,0

[State 191 Sound]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = Animelem = 5
value = S490,0

[State 191]
type = EnvShake
trigger1 = Animelem = 5
time = 30
freq = 100

[State 191, 3]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
value = 0
-Criminal combo: close LowS + close MidS + Aussaugen + close MidS + Aussaugen = half of lifebar o_O can be varied to make more damage with 6-7 hits
Once I get my dampeners working that shouldn't be an issue. The only combos that should do that much damage are if you're lucky enough to cancel into a super.
-Palettes don't work well, there're no changes on Silber colors
Whoops, ignore those for now. I meant to edit those and I needed placeholders for the act files so I just copied it and changed the name.

-A and B buttons should have walk/backwalk animations instead just run and backdash, and keep like that if you keep the button pressed
-Run/Dash should be done with Forward twice instead just once like Silber has
Movement is still a tricky issue bug wise. I've tried fixing it 4 times and what holds it together is really delicate. I can eliminate 1 line of code and mess everything up. Eventually I do want to sort this out, but as of right now it's going to take a ton of trial and error just to figure out what I should change.
-Down should be normal crouch only (unprotected like stand)
-Down-Back should be Dodge
I added the block to crouch because it was a huge disadvantage to not have a crouch guard and I couldn't really put it anywhere else.
-Up should do a little jump (just like in 3D fighters or Samurai Shodown 5)
I think up could be jump, but I'm not sure how useful it would be. I could use it like a dodge to protect against sweep attacks, but that's all I can think of.
-Back and Up-Back should be Low and High Guard
-A and B close to opponent makes a throw, this doesn't appear in any of both readmes
Back will eventually be high guard. As for the throw, this is because A+B was supposed to be block, but block seems to be hardcoded into holdback, so it didn't like the new command. I recycled the block command for grab because I couldn't find any other useful spot to put it in. The big issue is that you don't have to press both A+B, just of one them, and I'm not sure why.

Unfortunately, the way MUGEN is coded it's really hard for me to port everything over 100% correctly, which really bothers me. Thanks for the feedback, there's a lot of things you brought up that really confuse me (like how the controls are screwed up for you), because they should work fine. I think I should be able to fix most of these.
#17  January 03, 2013, 10:26:51 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Genuinely I have no clue why that bug is happening for you. I've had that bug only when editing movement, but I've always fixed it and it's never occurred any other time.
Hmmmmm, I tested him in WinMugen, maybe the fixes you did only work on 1.0, I don't know
This has been bothering me since I first put the sounds into the intros. I'm not sure why it sounds like that because the volume of those sound clips are the same as the volume of every other sound in the SND.
Strange, the code looks fine for me, maybe replacing animelem = 1 for time = 1 should fix something, I guess
Whoops, ignore those for now. I meant to edit those and I needed placeholders for the act files so I just copied it and changed the name.
I like to make palettes. If you want, I can make some for you ;)
Movement is still a tricky issue bug wise. I've tried fixing it 4 times and what holds it together is really delicate. I can eliminate 1 line of code and mess everything up. Eventually I do want to sort this out, but as of right now it's going to take a ton of trial and error just to figure out what I should change.
I see, don't worry then, take your time to make it better
The only move I forgot a ~ on was Aussaugen. Time for all specials is 20. Impale is 20, Brazilian Kick is 30, and Flying Axe Kick is 40. Not sure if that information is super useful, but in general I think playing on keyboard might be harder than on a pad or a stick.
Maybe is a keyboard issue, I never got that kind of problems with commands until now, I'm going to test it with a joypad to confirm this
Unfortunately, the way MUGEN is coded it's really hard for me to port everything over 100% correctly, which really bothers me. Thanks for the feedback, there's a lot of things you brought up that really confuse me (like how the controls are screwed up for you), because they should work fine. I think I should be able to fix most of these.
Thanks to you for take my feedback :) you already have achieved a lot with B1 system so I think you could improve with the time. Thanks again for your Silber and I'll be waiting for more B1 chars, you've a fan now :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#18  January 04, 2013, 10:04:42 pm
    • USA
New version up today, see first post for details.
#19  January 05, 2013, 01:20:48 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Thanks for the details on BO system. Having never played the game, I almost wondered at one point if this was a joke character, when trying to use him at first. ;P

- Debug flood : player buriki one silber in state 20 : changed to invalid state 20 (from state 0).
- Strong Attack can pass through opponents at close range. Intended ?

This should probably be moved to the 1.0 section now, since the base version is 1.0 only.
#20  January 05, 2013, 07:20:57 pm
    • USA
Ahh, I didn't check for the debug flood earlier.

I believe that's because I overrode state 20 and essentially replaced it so I could get the walking like it is. When you press forward and back on the stick it wants to enter that state (I'm assuming because it's hardcoded into the engine). I'll see what I can do without screwing too much up.
I just activated the non-walking sections of state 20 to give it something to do.

And yes, that's intended in the strong attack.

Thanks for picking up that debug flood for me, I was too busy working with the variables at the bottom and I didn't look up. : /

I also picked up a bug where after a match it would stay in the winstate because I left a "roundnotover" trigger at time = [1,1800].
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:31:26 pm by Bannana