YesNoOk

Hyper Neo Geo 64 Megathread (REQUEST ANY QOL FOR FFWA) (Read 54439 times)

Started by Bannana, January 02, 2013, 07:08:43 am
Share this topic:
Hyper Neo Geo 64 Megathread (REQUEST ANY QOL FOR FFWA)
#1  January 02, 2013, 07:08:43 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/

MONSTER was great fun but I just can't make three characters in one without getting burnt out (no clue how Don Drago did it with eight ;P).

I have been very sporadic over the last five years, maybe only a character made within the month of january, because I lost a lot of interest in mugen due to lack of real constructive feedback, but I can say, without lying, that I've always had mugen in my mind, and after seeing new KoopaKoot stuff, Ironmugen come back, and talking to Vans and Shwa a bit about how cool mugen still is and how much still can be done, I wanted to come back! Plus, my professional life has been put on indefinite hold for perhaps another year : (

SO I'm coming back and doubling down on the Hyper Neo Geo 64, where I started way back when in this stupid thread when HNG64 emulation was trash and I had no access to the games as they were, but this time I (no flex, this shit cost me a fortune) own the board and all fighting carts and have a much better understanding of not only SS64 but ALSO Wild Ambition, which I am interested in doing a full system conversion for next.

Beyond that, I have an interest in updating the SS64/64 2 system with a real character and not just an edit, and if I have the time I'll split the 64 and 64 2 assets into two different kinds of characters! (It's about as dumb as making SSIII and SSV haohmaru at the same time, I know)

If I have the time (again) I do want to really give Buriki One a chance again, as I was never happy with the quality of what I put out, but that will be the last on the list because I am currently infatuated with Wild Ambition as a Fatal Fury fan (it's really just as good as Real Bout Special AND Garou!)

Aside from that I will be ripping FFWA stuff for some peeps, and I'll be sure to share those, and if I can work my way around it I'll be offering assets from SS64/64 2 and Buriki One. I'm willing to share everything up to my cheat engine tables (which are very barebones because I'm not Jesuszilla and have no knowledge of Lua).

I'm a slow worker because I'm a bit of a perfectionist (I know, with the stuff I've put out I'd question that statement too), so I can't guarantee everything within the next year, but I am confirming that I WILL do all this eventually.

Spoiler: archived of stuff from the old "Buriki One system" thread (click to see content)
Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 12:43:36 am by Bannana
Re: Buriki One system
#2  January 02, 2013, 08:15:30 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Awesome project, I totally support it :D I'm a Buriki One fan, too, in its moment I could play B1 in some hidden arcade in my country and I'm still waiting for a decent conversion of Hyper Neogeo 64 on MAME. Also, I tried to convert Gai Tendou into CVS style many years ago and even I got a WIP of B1-Ryo that never concreted

Good to know you want to convert B1 chars, so I expect you can make also Gai and Ryo in a future ;) about the others, you can edit Kim Kaphwan to make Seo YongSong and Kasumi Todoh to make Takato Saionji. Good luck with your project and I hope you can release that template for other characters ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3  January 02, 2013, 09:51:14 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
This is the first time i hear about Buriki one.From the videos,i see the game is pretty interesting
#4  January 02, 2013, 11:20:16 pm
    • USA
Awesome project, I totally support it :D I'm a Buriki One fan, too, in its moment I could play B1 in some hidden arcade in my country and I'm still waiting for a decent conversion of Hyper Neogeo 64 on MAME. Also, I tried to convert Gai Tendou into CVS style many years ago and even I got a WIP of B1-Ryo that never concreted

Good to know you want to convert B1 chars, so I expect you can make also Gai and Ryo in a future ;) about the others, you can edit Kim Kaphwan to make Seo YongSong and Kasumi Todoh to make Takato Saionji. Good luck with your project and I hope you can release that template for other characters ;)
Thanks, it's cool to see someone else who knows what I mean.

I have some ideas for what characters I'd like to do other than just grapplers. Gai is definitely on the to-do list once I compile all my resources. I was thinking of Ryo, but also thought it would be interesting to mix it up and do Takuma instead, but we'll see where that goes.

Speaking of Ryo, how far did your WIP get? Was it just an idea or were you in the middle of making it?
#5  January 02, 2013, 11:32:45 pm
    • Chile
No, I abandoned him long time ago because of lacking of time and inspiration. As Gai (based on CVS Joe), I was used CVS Ryo with a resprite and the movelist was more oriented to physical moves instead AOF/KOF ones (so no Koohken nor Haohshokoken). Here're some sprites I did from that WIP:

Instead of NGBC or KOF:MI, I based more on actual Ryo look on B1, with the tanned skin and light-blonde hair, I made some of the basics but after a time I prefered to abandoned. With my Gai, I retook him because KOFXI but I couldn't edit grappler moves he has in XI so he's in standby now (in my website there's a beta of him, he's based on B1 and his KOF2000 striker appearances and made years before KOFXI)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#6  January 03, 2013, 01:02:50 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
this project look interesing in what console is this game because i would like to try it
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#7  January 03, 2013, 01:24:16 am
    • USA
It's an arcade game, they never ported it to a console.

Posted: January 03, 2013, 05:30:09 am
I just want to mention that I am currently making the Judges' Decision and I have decided to add Balance Gauges as well

I've started coding both as of today, but Balance Gauges might have to wait a bit longer until it's fully implemented because it requires custom sprites and all the people I knew who made those either hate me or it's not their area of expertise. Go figure.
#8  January 03, 2013, 08:18:03 pm
    • Chile
That's something I want to see in MUGEN, how do you make that, good luck with it ;)

Also, look at Silber thread, I left you feedback for him and the B1 system, my little grain of sand to help to your system :)

#9  January 04, 2013, 10:55:04 am
    • USA
Removed my last "bump update" about Judges' Decision because I really wanted to bump this thread for a much better reason.
I have added dodging, but that's the minor bit.

I 100% have fixed all movement. It literally took about 5 to 6 hours to sort through the mess I made years ago and I had to jump through so many hoops and override so many things, but it's FIXED! Outside of the Balance Gauge this thing is around 95% done!

In other news, I'm planning on tweaking Silber a bit more, but I really want to move on to another character, either Gai or Takuma and start working on actually grappling stuff with the Balance Bar.
#10  January 08, 2013, 04:12:53 am
    • USA
Finished gathering my resources and I've begun work on Gai.

If I could describe how he'll work in a few words, I'd say:
- Quick
- Easily chainable combos
- a few grapples

Essentially he'll play like what you would think a MMA character would. Gets in fast, takes advantage of any opening the opponent leaves, and finishes the fight quickly. He won't do a ton of damage per attack, but in total it'll add up.

There's also a list of sort of planned characters that can change depending on certain circumstances.
#11  January 13, 2013, 01:42:46 am
    • USA
Not sure how many people actually read this thread, but bumping with updates anyway.

The bars are about 90% done, with everything except the filler animation and maybe a few little details. I have both the red and blue bars, but for now I'm just posting the red bars as examples.

The Balance Bar (the arrow in the center is technically separate from the bar, but for now it's all together)

The Grapple Gauge

All that really needs to be done is the filler animation, which I'll try to do, but I'm terrible at this stuff so don't hold your breath on it being done soon.
The grapple gauge has two flashing words, "Offense" and "Defense" at where the large black rectangle is. I'm hoping to be able to carry it over, so I'll be adding those as well.

I'm hoping to have these done and begin coding the bars by Late January to Early February if all goes well, and then the coding on Gai begins.
#12  January 14, 2013, 11:03:55 pm
    • Chile
I read it :P but don't worry, you can bump your WIP anytime you want. I want to see how those bars would be applied to MUGEN, you could make a video with Silber to show how that works :D

#13  January 20, 2013, 09:45:11 am
hey bannanna banana i think your systems great good job those bars are sexy i couldnt make any improve,ent if i tried to good job man. just good job
Jango said:
Robert the small said:
OH, SO YOU WANNA FIGHT!? I'LL SHALALY YA, YA DRIED UP STINKY DICKLICKER!
MY RAPEFEST WILL BE SO GREAT YOU'LL HAVE TO SHUT DOWN YOUR YOUTUBE ACCOUNT LIKE FLOOFIEKUN
#14  February 01, 2013, 03:40:36 am
    • USA
Balance bars are about 50% done!
There are a few graphical hiccups and I just need to do the flipping sides deal (where if you face the other direction the bar flips to face the same direction)

I haven't started on the grapple gauge just yet because I need these bars done immediately, but it will be done much more quickly because it doesn't move.

In addition, I have added the info from my text file concerning the balance and grapple gauges so you get a better insight into how they work.
It's under the special state number section on the first post.
#15  February 01, 2013, 11:54:32 am
  • Shakespear.
Just the idea of switching the d-pad to attacks and the buttons to movement is intriguing as hell, let alone all the interesting grapple mechanics.  I can't wait to see what you do with this, and even more to give it a try! 
#16  February 04, 2013, 08:21:31 am
    • USA
25% done flipping.

I am getting really burnt out dealing with the bars, so I'm probably going to be inaccurate and only have one size for the bar. If I had three sizes I'd have to deal with lengthening and shortening the bars as well as making all the standard required animations for them. I've got a strong work ethic, but I can only deal with so much before I start losing my edge. I really want to finish the bars so I can put the finishing touches on Silber and release the final version, and the only way I can finish Silber is to finish the entire system.

My current timeline has me completing the whole project by mid February if I'm not caught up in anything. The ultimate goal is to complete it before March.

As for public release of the system template, I might not get there until next year. The goal is for me to churn out as many different characters using the system as possible as guidelines for how it should be used, and then releasing it for the public to do with whatever they please.
I also plan on never making any system revisions once it's 100% complete. Once it's done, it has to be completely done.
Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:43:36 am by Bannana
#17  February 23, 2013, 01:43:54 am
    • USA
New log entry added in anticipation of the next update of Silber (should be either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how fast I fix the non-system bugs I found).

There are several bugs that I can't figure out, but outside of those it's done.
Grapple bar will be complete when I make Gai Tendo.
Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:56:51 am by Bannana
#18  March 22, 2013, 05:57:35 am
    • USA
Sorry about no updates whatsoever, I'm slow at this.
I also haven't have time, I was completely booked with classes and my other activities and when I did have time I was far too burnt out to get anything done. However, spring break is coming up, which means when I'm not working I'll basically have all day to work on this.

Look forward to major system updates in the future as I'm going to try to tackle every bug existing in the balance bars, but specifically I'm going to be working on discovering a workaround for the AI causing the bar to freak out.

I already complied a SFF for Gai, but that was before I added the sprites and animations for the bars into Silber, so I need to recompile that as well. Once I recompile the SFF I'm working on the Grapple Gauge immediately so I can ship out an updated system via Silber. I'll try to get as much stuff done as I can, because God knows I won't have time when I get back.
Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:32:01 am by Bannana
#19  August 01, 2013, 06:32:16 am
    • USA
Hey guys what's up?

Sorry for the MAJOR delay, I got burnt out after the last system update and then some other stuff happened that would take forever to explain.

the newest system version has just been finished. It'll be uploaded in a hour or so (i'll post it in the release thread).

It's pretty small, I just fixed some AI compatibility issues that I've been planning on doing for a couple months. No headway has been made on the grappling  though. : (

But don't worry, I'll try to balance this out with my other hobbies and pursuits as best as I can from now on.
Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:58:14 am by Bannana
#20  April 24, 2014, 07:58:59 am
    • USA
It's been a long time (again), but after being on a bit of a break I'm about 50% complete with the grapple gague

Here's a neat little image (I'll get a video up once Silber's attacks are set up to work with the gague)

I would like to release version 1.0 of the system by the end of summer, but I'm not going to make too many promises.