YesNoOk

Character of the Year: 2012 (Read 45256 times)

Started by RajaaBoy, February 01, 2013, 11:58:36 am
Share this topic:

Poll

You have Two Votes! Choose the Characters of the Future!

Felicia by Jesuszilla
13 (4.1%)
Robert by Koopakoot
9 (2.8%)
Dante by Bugya
17 (5.4%)
Vergil by Bugya
20 (6.3%)
Chun-Li by Jmorphman
6 (1.9%)
Cody by Brown
20 (6.3%)
Haggar by Seanaltly
21 (6.6%)
Kim by Jmorphman
7 (2.2%)
Kung Fu Man by Divinewolf
8 (2.5%)
Shaq by The None
8 (2.5%)
Vegeta by Balthazar & Cybaster (Z2 Team)
89 (28.1%)
Cyclops by Loganir and Verz
24 (7.6%)
Bluestreak by Diepod & Jesuszilla
75 (23.7%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Voting closed: February 16, 2013, 11:58:36 am

Character of the Year: 2012
#1  February 01, 2013, 11:58:36 am
  • I will absolve you of your original colors.
    • www.bluehitbox.com
The moment you all probably haven't been waiting for! The competition that settles things once and for all! Character of the Year 2012!!!

This year we have some interesting contestants! Let's check them out!

CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER

*images are clickable

1. Starting from the upper right corner, we have lean mean cat-boob machine, Felicia by Jesuszilla! With her Darkstalker gameplay and fluffy fur, who can resist voting for her?!

2. Next up is Robert by Koopakoot. Not only does he have a cool name, but his moves are really stylish! A true master of the fist!

3. Next on the list is Dante. Dante by Bugya became a hit because of his great sprites and unique fighting system!

4. Similar to Dante is Vergil -- with his amazing sprites and cool moves, there's no doubt that he will be a strong contender in this competition!

5. Number 5 is Chun-Li by Jmorphman. Using the legendary P.o.t.S style, Jmorphman has climbed to the top the character creation ladder in less time than P.o.t.S himself! With her color separation, various moves and alter modes, is there no doubt that Chun Li will take home the prize at the end of this competition?!

6. Sixth on the list is Cody by Brown. This character takes everything that is awesome, and stuffs it all into one Mugen package. Amazing 3D cut scenes, innovative weaponry and gameplay, and captivating easter eggs that only the Grinch wouldn't enjoy! Cody by Brown won't fall much short of a shiny golden pipe in this competition! Pun intended!

7. Coming up seventh on the list is Haggar by Seanaltly! The lean -- mean -- dolphin slamming machine makes his debut in Mugen in the middle of 2012. The sprites are made by Seanaltly himself, and they are as awesome as can be. Will Seanaltly's spriting skills win him this year's gold? That's up to you! Uncle Haggar needs your vote!

8. Once again, Jmorphman, the P.o.t.S adept, makes it into the polls with Kim! Kim, like Chun Li, has various moves and keenly color separated  sprites. The solidity of the game play tells you how serious this creator is about making characters! Can Kim bring home the gold in this competition?!

9. Lucky number 9 is Kung Fu Man himself! The icon of Mugen who will never die. Thanks to Divinewolf's effort, Kung Fu Man takes on a fresh new fighting style that is derived from P.o.t.S himself! The legendary P.o.t.S lives on in the heart of every Mugen.exe, and his style is still one of the top styles today! This is gonna be a fierce competition!

10. Number 10 is Shaq by The_none. Being no stranger to awards, The_none constantly makes his way into the polls with his obscure characters. He doesn't need to be mainstream to gather a fan base, he does it with weirdness, awesomeness, and balance combined. Who is the man that can Jam over any man?! We'll find out if it's still Shaq at the end of this competition!

11. Filling up spot 11 is one of the most anticipated characters of 2010, 2011, and 2012! It's Vegeta Z2, sprited by Balthazar and coded by Cybaster. Vegeta includes a special html readme that adds life to learning how to use the character -- who wants to read a boring readme? Vegeta Z2 adds life to win poses and intros with various cameos and memes! You can't go wrong with this character! Don't forget the exciting combos and refreshing voice acting! The champions of last year don't fall any shorter than their previous victory! Will anyone take them down? Who will it be?! Stay tuned on this next exciting competition of Mugen Fighters Guild Character of the Year!

12. He's not a giant, he doesn't have one eye, but he can give you a glare you'll never forget! He's Cyclops by Loganir and Verz. With amazing sprites and amazing gameplay, this character has more than a chance to seize victory!

13. And last, but certainly not least, is Bluestreak by Diepod and Jesuszilla! The sprites on this character are just beautiful. Smoothness, cleanness, uniqueness, this character is a beast! No literally, he's a beast. This original character concept by Diepod has a beast of some sort inside him, and he's not afraid to use it! With his lighting based power, is it possible that he'll be light years ahead of the rest of the competition?!

Those are your contestants, folks! Choose wisely! There can only be one winner, even though you have two votes! The winner not only receives an extra special image award that I haven't devised yet, but they will also definitely be over the top awesome! The winner also gets a super special star that they can show off to everyone!

Let your votes fly, people!

CHARACTER OF THE YEAR 2012, BEGIN!
Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:42:03 pm by Rajaa
Re: Character of the Year: 2012
#2  February 01, 2013, 12:44:24 pm
  • StormEX
  • Not Everything Is Your Fault
    • USA
    • Skype - Zay.osiris
    • StormEX-Team.com/
BlueStreak, & Vegeta Z2 all the way..!
#3  February 01, 2013, 12:56:51 pm
  • worriiaaa
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
^Ditto ^_^ !
*awesome discriptions by the way, Rajaaboy ;)!
Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:09:20 pm by Balthazar
#4  February 01, 2013, 01:00:14 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
^Tritto
Only because I could only pick 2.
#5  February 01, 2013, 01:10:51 pm
  • Experience Oblivion
    • UK
Chunners and Kimmy by Jmorph.
#6  February 01, 2013, 01:11:29 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Got to vote Vegeta, too involved not to.

And Loganir. Those awards werent around when he was releasing his amazing characters back then and having him return with more great stuff was a great surprise.
#7  February 01, 2013, 02:53:04 pm
  • Buried in my [REDACTED]
    • USA
Voted Haggar and Cody.

Cody was something special, nothing I really expected when I picked him up, and it was a wonderful surprise.
And Haggar: 1. Was made by SeanAltly, and 2. Is Mike Haggar. Also he's a blast to play as.
#8  February 01, 2013, 03:20:25 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • bloon
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/mainsite/smoothsilksamples.html
cody & shaq
#9  February 01, 2013, 03:23:09 pm
  • snowy smart aleck
  • so sonic wave
    • Puerto Rico
Cody and Bluestreak. Brown deserves more recognition for his great stuff and Bluestreak is something original and fun.

Though I know that the DBZ character is probably gonna win despite being uninteresting.
#10  February 01, 2013, 03:24:07 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
    • excahmmugen.blogspot.mx/
Bluestreak and Dante.
#11  February 01, 2013, 03:24:57 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
voted for prince of saiyan and the mugen icon
#12  February 01, 2013, 03:25:20 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Life sucks, but at least I have JoJo
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Cody and Haggar
#13  February 01, 2013, 03:32:53 pm
  • I will absolve you of your original colors.
    • www.bluehitbox.com
#14  February 01, 2013, 03:42:00 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
despite being uninteresting.
@Roman55: Do you have any particular feedback to give, with things you really dislike and think require fixing ?
Or do you just think the gameplay is dull/too loose/not appealing for your own tastes (in which case, to each his own, and I obviously can't do anything about that) ?

And yeah, pretty cool descriptions Rajaa, they were fun to read. :)
Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:45:50 pm by Cybaster
#15  February 01, 2013, 03:55:36 pm
  • snowy smart aleck
  • so sonic wave
    • Puerto Rico
@Roman55: Do you have any particular feedback to give, with things you really dislike and think require fixing ?
Or do you just think the gameplay is dull/too loose/not appealing for your own tastes (in which case, to each his own, and I obviously can't do anything about that) ?
Just a "to each his own" thing. Don't worry.

For what it's worth, I think he's a fine job.......just not appealing to me.
#16  February 01, 2013, 04:09:48 pm
Voted Dante and Bluestreak.
#17  February 01, 2013, 04:10:23 pm
Vergil and Bluestreak :P
#18  February 01, 2013, 04:24:26 pm
  • AKA: JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Ended up voting for Haggar and Bluestreak.

Although Chun-Li, Divine KFM, and Vegeta were tempting choices as well.

Let me know via PM if you add me on 3DS or Steam!

Mog

#19  February 01, 2013, 04:25:03 pm
Though I know that the DBZ character is probably gonna win despite being uninteresting.
If you want to see uninteresting, read your post history! :smug:

But seriously:

wuht

Posted: February 01, 2013, 03:33:39 pm
^Ditto ^_^ !
*awesome discriptions by the way, Rajaaboy ;)!

Thank you. I'm glad someone enjoyed them. =p

And I'm glad you fixed that typo, although there is another one [/troll]

So I have to narrow it down to 2? 
#20  February 01, 2013, 04:36:41 pm
<- I exercise and dance like that regularly!