YesNoOk

CVTW Punisher (Read 14321 times)

Started by Dr. Bob, Beautician, October 20, 2013, 07:25:00 pm
Share this topic:
CVTW Punisher
#1  October 20, 2013, 07:25:00 pm
  • You ugly! We fix!
Hey all,

Here is my second release. It's an edit of The Punisher and has been lying in my WIP folder for awhile now and since I haven't receieved any feedback from the few beta testers I sent it out to, I figured I'd just release it and let the community try it for themselves. The README might be a little dated so don't mind it too much. I didn't tweak intros and outros yet and since I am still learning the basics, I tried focusing on those instead.

The original sucked pretty hard so I re-did most/all animations, moves, boxes, sounds, etc etc.

Hope you enjoy and feedback always appreciated.

:: The Punisher ::

These palettes better make me cum rainbows when I see them.
Re: CVTW Punisher
#2  October 20, 2013, 08:56:25 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
cool downloding now feedback later also i be cool if someone could make him a nice small porraits
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3  October 20, 2013, 09:43:58 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Hmm. This is most certainly interesting. I gotta give him a shot for sure. I'll leave feedback for him if I can get around to it.

Thanks for sharing. :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#4  October 20, 2013, 10:18:06 pm
  • I must continue my training...
 Ooooh...this looks nice. Hey...where'd you get that awesome ring stage?  :wacky:

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#5  October 20, 2013, 11:04:11 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
#6  October 20, 2013, 11:32:38 pm
  • I must continue my training...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#7  October 21, 2013, 06:20:12 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
WOW! :D

Another CvtW edit. Downloading...
#8  October 21, 2013, 06:31:18 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Cool!  Downloading now, Punisher isn't someone you see a lot of in mugen, and a cvtw version none the less!  Can't wait to play him!
#9  October 22, 2013, 08:12:19 pm
  • Cell is the most ironic villain of all time.
    • Italy
    • mehdaouisami@rocketmail.com
very cool bro !!!

#10  October 22, 2013, 08:36:57 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Sorry about that man, I forgot to send you that feedback. Her eyou go:

-You've improved on many of his animations, but to be honest, his stance looks weird and, IMO, doesn't fit the character. It looks too defensive for a character like The Punisher.
-Also, the animation for Bum Rush and his st.HP look odd to me as well. The HP doesn't seem to travel as far as the animation would apply, and Bum Rush is a good concept but could use a new animation altogether.
-Many of his move utilities overlap, for example, his Fall Back and his S.A.K. are both anti-airs, and to an extent, so is the Grenade special, though at least it travels all the way to the ground and can be viewed more as an arching projectile.
-Is EX Fallback just a dodge roll?
-What other supers are you planning? I was going to say the one he had seemed a little bland, but then again Solid Snake has an almost identical L1 super, so no room to talk there.
-All of his EX moves except EX Bum Rush are missing the EX sound
-I like the EX Gunshot (Shotgun) causing the wall bounce
-His default palette could use some tweaking, and the sprites overall could use some more anti-aliasing, but that's the fault of the original spriter

That's all I have right now. Good work overall. Thanks for the kind words in the ReadMe, now I feel worse about forgetting to send you feedback! :P

Download Last Bout now!
#11  October 23, 2013, 12:40:35 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- Character is a little low on the ground IMO.
- s.MP is pretty misaligned, if you look at the front foot between 4th and 5th frame.
- I believe s.MP would also feel nicer if the hitbox was on the 5th frame rather than the 4th.
- There's no landing sound.
- Machine Gunner is performed with qcf and not hcf, as written in the readme.
#12  October 23, 2013, 02:05:25 pm
  • You ugly! We fix!
Thanks guys and don't worry Sean.  I know everyone is busy with their own projects and whatnot.

About the moves, yeah, I can't sprite so I am pretty limited by what's already in the .sff and I actually had to break the original animations down while combing through the .sff to piece together the moves he has now. I realize they overlap which is really a shame. I'll fix all the sound issues and he does have a couple more standing animations in there so I can switch them around, see how that works instead.

The Hypers, that's where I suffered. I totally use Snake's coding for what he has now since whatever was there originally sucked pretty hard IMHO. I can most likely make S.A.K. into a hyper maybe so that way there is less overlapping and he gains a hyper in the process?

I was afraid of making his SP travel too fast since it would make it maybe too unsafe? I can try adding distance to it though, not a problem.

I'll also loo at those alignment issues. Speaking of which, I started working on Rhino but damn... everything is misaligned so not sure I'm gonna make it through. Glad people seem to like my edits though. It's a slow learning process and I doubt I'll ever become a full fledged coder but I'm a huge CvTW fan so I am happy contributing to those in the meantime :D
These palettes better make me cum rainbows when I see them.
#13  December 28, 2013, 11:37:59 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico
I recive our PM but I try to send you a respons this is your PM
Merry Christmas bro. You're awesome. Thanks for your MK releases and all your hard work.   :suttrox:
Thanks for your comments and starting this 2014 I annoncind Sonya, Baraka and the emperor for MK, Kunimitsu is comming and Paul updated again, Merry Xmas and Happy new year amigo

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu