YesNoOk

Doctor Who MUGEN Project: first Dalek, now Cyberman (Read 78226 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, February 21, 2014, 07:33:34 pm
Doctor Who MUGEN Project: first Dalek, now Cyberman
#1  February 21, 2014, 07:33:34 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
As some of you may know, I became a whovian (Doctor Who fan) since 2013 and I've seen the new series (2005-now) as well the classic series (1963-1989 TV series and 1996 movie). And apart of the Doctor, one of the most prominents characters is the main villains in almost all series: the Daleks, mutated beings that once had humanoid form and now are octopus-like creatures inside tank-like machines who only has hate as emotion and want to exterminate all life forms that aren't Daleks.

Well, I got recently an idea I should see if I could make something concrete: Using this sprite only I see the way to recreate him for MUGEN, since the Daleks in Doctor Who can't move a lot, being this sole sprite won't be a problem.

Some of the features it'll probably have:
-Voices from 2005-2014 DW series by Nicholas Briggs (the official voice of the Daleks) taken from WAV/MP3 samples as well ripped from DW videos
-12 palettes with all its historical designs
-At least 3 specials, included its classic beam and some others I could make based on his appearances
-1 or 2 supers
-Other Daleks as strikers (possibly as special and super moves)
-A special helper to be unaffected by any kind of projectiles (as in DW when Daleks have a force field where the bullets melted before hit them)
-Also unnafected by grabs and throws
-For WinM and M1.0+ (with winquotes and stuff)
-Various big portraits based on BBC's official art (for 9000,1 and 9000,2)

Now if this works, seeing if this could be a normal character, a boss character (something tough like Mad Grinder) or maybe a CPU-only character, that will be seen if this can work well. Wish me luck ;)

PS: I don't know the creator of this sprites and where it comes from originally. If some knows more about it, please post it here to talk with him and ask for permission, thanks

After all fo these years, finally Dalek has more moves and can be considered a real char for MUGEN. I updated him for AF as well I made a beta version of a Cyberman. More details in the last page and their AF release thread

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:23:27 pm by Dalek Basara
Re: EXTERMINATEEEEE!! Dalek for MUGEN, seriously??
#2  February 21, 2014, 07:41:26 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
totally digging this idea. good luck! ill b watching
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#3  February 21, 2014, 09:27:24 pm
    • Japan
Quite interesting, but I dont see a Daleks as fighters, they don't fight, they EXTERMINATEEEEE!!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#4  February 21, 2014, 09:29:51 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
EVIL R2D2
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#5  February 21, 2014, 09:33:15 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Never watched Dr. Who but those things have always interested me! Looks cool my friend :)
#6  February 21, 2014, 09:50:23 pm
  • Engage me____ mother f_____
  • Killing parents since 1986
Looks like if R2D2 would be made in Metroid universe and thrown into Bayformers, then simplified a lot...Will you make separate sprites for facing left and right? If he isn`t a basic character, then it will be easier, but thats your choice.
Fortunately, Daleks doesn`t ex---EXTERMINATEEEEE!!
#7  February 21, 2014, 10:10:53 pm
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
Go back to work on Rose >:(

Good idea :)
#8  February 21, 2014, 10:24:20 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Quite interesting, but I dont see a Daleks as fighters, they don't fight, they EXTERMINATEEEEE!!
The colorloss in this image is extreme. :no:

Eitherway, nice idea you got there, Basara.
In fact, I originally wanted to make The Doctor himself playable as well.
This, sadly, has lead to a lot of salt in a topic made by SeanAltly.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#9  February 22, 2014, 01:49:38 am
    • Chile

Hmmm, it doesn't look that bad on MUGEN, cool :D thanks to all for your comments and support, I hope to get something more, but by now just experimenting with it ;)

Will you make separate sprites for facing left and right? If he isn`t a basic character, then it will be easier, but thats your choice.
I don't think so, the challenge here is to make a character using just one sprite

That's too bad, you got that thread to see it??

Go back to work on Rose >:(
Hahahaha, I'm on it already :P

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#10  February 22, 2014, 08:14:32 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
That's too bad, you got that thread to see it??
The salt starter is somewhere here:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/who-would-you-like-see-get-seanaltly-treatment-154680.60.html
Here you can find the real salt, though:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/who-would-you-like-see-get-seanaltly-treatment-154680.180.html
Will you make separate sprites for facing left and right? If he isn`t a basic character, then it will be easier, but thats your choice.
I don't think so, the challenge here is to make a character using just one sprite
So that means no exceptions? And that also means that Dalek will use only the same one sprite even in winposes?
And I was about to suggest a winpose, where the Dalek shoots at the screen like Hol Horse does in the JoJoCPS3 fighter...
...whatever, I will still wish you good luck.
===My discord servers===

Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:18:45 am by Trinitronity
#11  February 22, 2014, 10:05:47 pm
    • Chile
I see, probably almost none of them (except Byakko) knows about Doctor Who, even with a big fandom isn't a taste/knowledge of majority (unless you come from UK). Maybe I should take Sean's Det. Garrett and make Doctor palettes for him, that would be fun ;D

So that means no exceptions? And that also means that Dalek will use only the same one sprite even in winposes?
And I was about to suggest a winpose, where the Dalek shoots at the screen like Hol Horse does in the JoJoCPS3 fighter...
...whatever, I will still wish you good luck.
Probably I would do it if I were recreated this sprite, but that doesn't belongs to me, but one thing I think to do is making appear an army of Daleks that fullfill the screen, like an invasion :beatnik: also, the voice is so awesome that isn't necessary anything else

#12  February 23, 2014, 12:33:46 am
    • Japan
Maybe make that everytime player hits dalek with melee player gets pushed away or something, so its a dodging boss.
#13  February 23, 2014, 08:53:40 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Single sprite seems fine for this type of character (based on my very limited Doctor Who knowledge), but I think a turning sprite or two couldn't hurt.

The salt starter is somewhere here:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/who-would-you-like-see-get-seanaltly-treatment-154680.60.html
Here you can find the real salt, though:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/who-would-you-like-see-get-seanaltly-treatment-154680.180.html
Dude, seriously. You had this explained to you so many goddamn times and still you don't get it. SeanAltly made that poll for people he would be interested in making. He is not interested in making the Doctor. That is why he wasn't on the poll. People explained this to you. You preceded to keep asking why he wasn't in the poll. You were then told again why not by nearly everyone posting in the topic. There's no salt there, just one guy who can't get an exceedingly simple idea through their head. Jesus Christ.
#14  February 23, 2014, 08:58:18 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
Yeah, I know. You don't have to explain it again.
I just thought it would be interesting to mention that I wanted to do The Doctor for MUGEN.
Afterall, if I would have had the sprites (and boy, SeanAltly is awesome at CvS-style), I would have immidiately coded him. I promise.
Oh, and Jmorph, I hope you don't mind if I send a PM to you now regarding something else, okay? I really don't want to derail this good thread even more, afterall...
===My discord servers===

#15  February 24, 2014, 03:32:28 am
    • Chile
I think it's difficult to make The Doctor for MUGEN, I mean, there're like 13 differents versions of him (12 + War Doctor), not to mention the other non-official versions of him (like Shalka Doctor, Peter Cushing's Dr. Who movies, the ones from Curse of the Fatal Death, etc.), it would be very hard just to decide for one design and a movelist for him (except Third Doctor, who was the only Doctor version who was a martial artist)

Single sprite seems fine for this type of character (based on my very limited Doctor Who knowledge), but I think a turning sprite or two couldn't hurt.
Let's see if I can sprite some, but I can't assure you nothing

Oh, and I forgot to post this, which already is in Screenshot thread:

Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:43:02 am by Basara JP
#16  February 28, 2014, 05:43:44 am
    • Chile

YOU MUST OBEY OR YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!!

Re: EXTERMINATEEEEE!! Dalek for MUGEN, and for real (got AF??)
#17  April 02, 2014, 05:02:44 pm
    • Chile
I hope you had enjoyed my AF Dalek disguised as Rose a la POTS, because this is more than a joke.

Now it's the first Doctor Who character ever made for MUGEN, as well my new project to be completed!! :D

So to celebrate this beta, I moved this thread from Idea Engineering to Projects, and separated from my other WIPs. Soon I'll show you some shots, videos and even a possible movelist I got for the Dalek, stay tuned ;)

#18  April 03, 2014, 12:29:16 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
random ideas:

- since daleks don't really move that much give it some little animations like: move its cannon & .... plunger up and down same for his telescope... thing and/or move his entire "head", turn the light on his head on & off when he speaks
- ELEVATE!
- use the cluster bombs ons his body as an attack
- foce field special or super like chun-li's super in MvC (like teh force field used at the end of "dalek")
- do NOT make his death ray kill in one shot
- i remember older versions of daleks also have teh ability to stun with their guns rather than simply EXTERMINATE
- skull-crushing-plunger-action!
- since the daleks secondary weapon has not always been a plunger you could also include the claw they had in the dr. who 1965/66 movies (the only time is acceptable to write dr. who). i also remember for that same movie there was an idea to give them a flamethrower but was changed to the claw because it was still a kids movie with murderous-nazi-like-mutant-aliens so this could be used for different moves depending on the button or sequence pressed
- mandatory "victory of the daleks" palette plus "WOULD YOU CARE FOR SOME TEA?" win/intro pose
- smoking dalek winpose
- since just shooting would get boring after a while maybe make teh dalek tackle teh opponent or make him use his secondary weapon for melee attacks like grabing and tossing the opponent with his claw or spin his "arm" to cause damage, i dunno...
- either include a super where other daleks are summoned or maybe summon differtn dalek assistance like: sniper, bomber, grappler
- SELF DESTRUCT SUPER!! that would either work as an instant kill like GG or just a lvl 3 super and after self detroying itself teh dalek is replaced with another dalek and keep the same energy because "wibbly wobbly timey wimey... i ain't gotta explain shit!"
- when teh dalek is destroyed onle the lower part remains (how lewd) and if possible in some cases teh dalek doesn't die and teh REAL dalek comes out and attack (can be killed easily)
- the option to shoot eitehr stright, upwards or downwards
- a cyberman appears at the start of the round but is later EXTERMINATED (can be replaced with other characters. in fact you could make a contest and make people send diffenet chracters)
- when teh dalek wins using his death ray either super or regular attack teh nemy glows and you can see his skeleton like in the show

... did i went too far?

well in the end is up to you and how much work you intend to put on this character to make it either a novelty charcater as in "oh look, a dalek for mugen, how cute" to the kind that's like "oh? is that how you wanna play? well fine bitches i'm bringing the dalek! EXTERMINATE EX-TER-MI-NATE!!!"
#19  April 03, 2014, 03:44:56 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
This one looks promising!

Offtopic: Am I the only one who think those robots look ridiculous?
#20  April 03, 2014, 04:27:27 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?