YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.3 (UPDATED June, 16) (Read 932358 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 pm
Share this topic:
Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.3 (UPDATED June, 16)
#1  April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Fighter Factory Studio released!

After one year of work, 13 years before release of the first edition, we are glad to launch Fighter Factory Studio to the public. This new version is a huge improvement over any previous edition.
Although it lacks some features, it's a solid base to upcoming functions that will be added. As said on previous announcements, we aim to be able to edit every single game asset, on any engine we add support. Fighter Factory was designed to be a character editor, version 3 added support to more formats, but on Studio we extend this to the maximum level.
The reworked code-base is powerful, scalable, extensible and very stable. Everything is ready for big new features like BGs editor on M.U.G.E.N's module and OpenBoR support. There's no limit for what we can do in this edition, and we have plans to extend almost all functions.
Here you can download latest version and older ones as well (including all versions from 1.0 to 3.0), and some important public content in our Blog. All exclusive content will be posted in our Patreon page.

Change log:

• Split on modules with support for multiple engines.
  • Project file explorer (will be essential for full game development).
  • OpenGL is mandatory, but a software rasterizer alternative is available too.
  • Updated to latest version of Qt framework.
  • Hybrid parser/syntax highlighter (smarter, faster and more reliable).
  • Multi-threaded (long tasks are split across all available CPU cores).
  • Import from another project can import from any supported engine too, and has collision resolution.
  • Backup function restore files by replacing them and reloading, instead of just loading the backup on memory without changes in the original files.
  • 'Project -> Save' improved. Saves all modified files and call save as for those who lives on memory only as expected, on all projects of the same 'group'.
  • 'Project -> Save as' improved. Saves all files of the current 'project group' to a new folder (copy them in its current state to a new folder). Eg.: open a character, make a copy of it on another folder to create a new one based on the first.
  • We can even make a full copy of a default engine installation to make a full game.
  • 'Project -> Run in engine' improved. All bugs solved, faster than before, and on a full game 'project group' runs on the game itself.
  • Undo, redo, cut, copy, paste, find and replace available in all editors. You can even undo complex things like changes on sprites.
  • Zoom available on code editor too.
  • Built-in image editor inside sprites editor.
  • Import replace sprites with same group/number.
  • Ability to resize one or more sprites outside image editor (you can scale all sprites with hit box adjustment/scaling in one batch).
  • Default background is set based on localcoord.
  • Contact Box drawing always use the same type as current ones (default or not), or non-default if there's none.
  • Better support for frame interpolation, including timeline controls.
  • Onion Skin on animations changed from sprite to animation/frame.
  • Complete support for high DPI displays.
  • Palette generation and 'Adapt image to palette' with better support for alpha channel (can produce anti-aliased 8bit sprites).
  • Animated GIF generation works even with non-8bit sprites (adapts to 8bit).
  • Better interface preset system (adjusts to available space and scales nicely).
  • Drag and drop support on the Organizer.
  • Sound file viewer on sounds editor (basic editing functionality will be added over time).
  • Added fold all/unfold all for code editors.
  • Improved 'Export to HTML function' (tries to detect AI commands to uncheck them).
M.U.G.E.N.
  • Parser groups allowed code by file type.
  • Added A1 transparency shortcut in Animations editor.
  • Added full support for frame interpolation.
  • Improved offset viewer and throw creator.
  • Fixed PCX decoding (solves some issues on portraits in SFF v1).

Changes in 3.5.3

See our post on Patreon or Blog.

Requirements:

Windows (x86):Windows 7 SP1 or greater and Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746571
Windows (x64):Windows 7 SP1 or greater and Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746572.
Linux (64): libGL (OpenGL library) and Wine.
macOS (x64): Sierra 10.12 or greater and Wine Stable.

Download
http://fighterfactory.virtualltek.com

Patreon page
https://www.patreon.com/virtualltek

Known issues:

None.

Acknowledgment:

Thanks to everyone supporting our work over all these years. Very special thanks to O Ilusionista and Jesuszilla for testing this, and helping a lot as always. Thank you very much!
Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:14:06 pm by VirtuallTek
Re: Fighter Factory Studio
#2  April 04, 2018, 02:52:22 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Much appreciated.
#3  April 04, 2018, 02:52:45 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
thanks a lot for working and time in this
#4  April 04, 2018, 03:05:19 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
It's great!
Very appreciated.
This is fate.
#5  April 04, 2018, 03:20:18 pm
    • Spain
    • cidiego@gmail.com
Thank you sooo much. That means a lot to the MUGEN comunity!
Thank you all for sharing!
#6  April 04, 2018, 03:26:26 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I'm liking it so far, though a few things caught my attention:
  • It consistently crashes when selecting an item in the left panel and then navigating to another file, tab, or character.
  • Compared to FF3, navigating through the sound file is slower, likely because it has to render the waveform. If it's not possible to speed this up, would it be possible to implement a way to turn it off?
  • Regarding this dropdown box:

It seems redundant to have the insert button next to it when selecting an option from the dropdown menu automatically inserts it anyway, though it probably shouldn't do that.
  • Was there any particular reason for the changes to how green/yellow hitboxes are displayed in the animations editor? They kinda look like the in-game hitboxes when a NotHitBy is active. Admittedly this one is more of a nitpick and something I can get used to, but I'm still curious.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 04:06:17 pm by PlasmoidThunder
#7  April 04, 2018, 03:35:39 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
Awesome man. Will try it out today.
#8  April 04, 2018, 03:37:37 pm
    • Brazil
    • iaramongtg@gmail.com
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenDownloadLinksAndShareRamonGarcia
Thank you so much VirtuallTek i will test if now with the new Fighter Factory Studio will be more easy to convert chars to filtered sprites, popularly known as HI-RES, and after i test i will let my opinion here.
And who could support the program in https://www.patreon.com/virtualltek
:bison: IF YOU WANT SOME SPECIFIC CHAR IN HI-RES=FILTERED SPRITES SEND ME A MESSAGE IN MY E-MAIL WITH THE LINK OF CHAR THAT I CONVERT TO HI-RES (Observation is a very cheap price :yes: and the result is very good]. Here is my e-mail: iaramongtg@gmail.com :bison:

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ramongtg
And If you want Suport me / Encourage me, donate here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=89HXL726XVEFG&source=url :bison:
#9  April 04, 2018, 03:41:16 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
good program i like that, but i have a problem.
when i click clear on palette it crashed can you fix it?
and also it crashes for no reason.
Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:44:38 pm by SlanDome
#10  April 04, 2018, 03:48:16 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
Downloaded it and tested it a bit, I'm liking it so far, but there are few problems with it:
  • As PlasmoidThunder said, it consistently crashes when you click on anything on the left panel of text files and then navigating to another file (yep, it also crashes on the def, not only on states).
  • It appears to have a min height (which is different for each theme) that is too much for smaller monitors, even though I have a 1080p monitor, I mainly use FF on my laptop's monitor, which is 1366x768, that makes it hard to access the bottom lines of text files and to use some of the buttons on the .air editor. On the .air editor, this problem is temporarily solved the moment you maximize the window, but if you navigate to another file, it comes back.
  • It failed to copy all of my character's file to the temporary ffs_0 folder. The files it failed to copy were the ones defined as "cns" and "stcommon".
Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 04:23:24 pm by Thunderbert
#11  April 04, 2018, 03:53:11 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
For some reason, I can't open certain character def files at all. I can open a KFM just fine, but not a character I'm working on.

Edit: Found out why... Its due to the naming of the file. The char I was trying to open had a def file named "C.Viper_REV.def" and it would only open when I got rid of the period between C and Viper. I feel so stupid lel, though that wasn't ever an issue in ff3.

Oh, and I got the same issue that Thunderbert has with the ffs_0 folder.
Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 04:16:23 pm by TheFclass97
#12  April 04, 2018, 04:34:18 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Thanks people.
Bugs are likely to happen, so I'm collecting them and I'll update soon. As now we have 3 versions I can't fix bugs one by one as I need to recompile in 3 platforms and upload.
I'm in the middle of a change but I do not have enough time to finish it, and I'm sick. But don't worry, all bugs will get fixed.

About the resolution issue, the only way to solve it now is to drag the top toolbar to the left or right to give more room. As I promised to release today, I did'n get enough time to finish all details, so I focused on functionality at first.

Thanks!
#13  April 04, 2018, 05:16:34 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Another thing, and it's something that I had an issue with in FF3 and (I think) forgot to mention in the project thread is that there are three buttons in the sound editor that have no icons associated with them (or at least, they don't when using the Ultimate skin), so I imagine quite a few people don't realise they're there.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
Re: Fighter Factory Studio + quick fix
#14  April 04, 2018, 05:51:11 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Added a quick fix to some bugs people reported here. Thanks to everyone reporting issues!

Another thing, and it's something that I had an issue with in FF3 and (I think) forgot to mention in the project thread is that there are three buttons in the sound editor that have no icons associated with them (or at least, they don't when using the Ultimate skin), so I imagine quite a few people don't realise they're there.
My bad. The Ultimate and Classic iconsets are designed to be used only with Ultimate and Classic presets, respectively. They don't have all icons needed by the Neo preset. I'll fix this in the next minor release. Thanks!

About the other bugs:
1) Palettes -> clear [crash]: can't reproduce.
2) Missing files on ffs_0 folder. Someone can send me a char that has this issue?
3) Don't fit on 768p resolution: I'll finish the scrollbar implementation to solve this.

About the new color on AIR, it's just some sort of revamp, not big deal.

Thanks!
Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 06:12:31 pm by VirtuallTek
#15  April 04, 2018, 06:25:47 pm
    • Brazil
Hello Virtual Tek
The sprites import function is not working.
Export is ok. But when I try import the sprites simply do not load in the Sff file. Take a look.

Another thing I also noticed is that when you try to add sprites in PNG format (to an empty sff file), the program gives error and crash.
Looking at these 2 problems I think the problem is related to PNG extension (not the issue of importing itself)

-

Olá Virtual Tek
A função de importar os sprites não está funcionando.
Exportar está ok. Mas na hora de importar os sprites simplesmente não carregam no arquivo Sff. Dá uma olhada.

Outra coisa que também percebi é que quando você tenta adicionar sprites no formato PNG num arquivo sff vazio, o programa dá erro e fecha.
Analisando por esses 2 problemas eu creio que o problema seja relacionado a extensão PNG (e não a questão de importar em si)
Art by Ilya Kuvshinov - Illustrator and Story Artist http://kuvshinov-ilya.deviantart.com/ - http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com/
#16  April 04, 2018, 06:30:01 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Haven't had any issues importing sprites with the windows version. I do have to wonder why it's giving me this as an error though:
"You should not be naming this type of block"

example
[State 2OS, Damage Var Delay Reset]

Why not?
#17  April 04, 2018, 06:37:53 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
My guess is a regex is expecting a number there, whereas in fact, this is also perfectly valid syntax:

Code:
[State a, b]

Also I noticed it highlights errors when I write “Heavy” as the HitDef type; most flags for hitdefs, it not all, only check for the first letter, so “Hamburger” is also, oddly enough, valid to MUGEN.
#18  April 04, 2018, 06:43:36 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It's also saying this is an Invalid Block State

[State ]

Some copy pasta code in all HDBZ chars that works just fine.

And where is the button to toggle the right side window in animation and sprite viewer? So I can scroll through the sff and air and reorder them? I found it in Classic where it should but Classic skin doesn't have all the new features.
#19  April 04, 2018, 06:48:56 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
The quickfix works nicely!
About the 768p problem, I don't think it is a scrollbar problem, it looks more like a boundary problem...
I recorded a quick video showing it
Spoiler: Video (click to see content)

Edit: Just found another bug. If you close all of the cns files, FFS crashes.
#20  April 04, 2018, 07:15:31 pm
I have some issues to report as well.

First one, apparently trying to run tests with characters causes an error; constant files don't get read. I'm not sure if this is a naming issue with the constant files themselves, if they should be renamed to match the character, etc.; point being, this was not an issue in FF3. I'm using ZVitor's Bastion as an example.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Second, trying to create backups upon opening a new project causes FFS to crash. I had enabled it in order to better protect my own WIPs, and I think it's an imperative function to have.

Hope to see these fixed soon! Congratulations on the release.