YesNoOk

Fulgore CvTW... (Read 64681 times)

Started by SlenderMan, August 14, 2012, 03:52:20 am
Share this topic:
Fulgore CvTW...
#1  August 14, 2012, 03:52:20 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
so I figured I'd start the topic now since I'm almost done with Morrigan. I haven't done too much with Fulgore yet beyond figuring out palletes, starting on the stance, and trying to get the shading right.

all I have to show for now is his palletes. he only has 6 and that's all he needs really.

1.Default-his mass production pallete from KI/KI2

2.Black Knight-based on the midieval Black Knight of legend

3.Master Chief-obviously based on Master Chief's pallete

4.Nightmare-based on Soul Calibur 4 primary costume's colors

5.Cyrax-based on MK9 version

6.Sektor-based on MK9 version

I hope the palletes look alright and not too out of place for CvTW. if so I could let one of you pro pallete makers fix up these palletes. I still gotta fix his hands. I suck at spriting hands.

for his movelist I've come up with some good ideas..

SPECIALS...

Cyber Dash- Fulgore dashes forward at a quick speed to hit the target with his plasma claw

Cyber Uppercut-(almost sounds like Tiger Uppercut lol) basically Fulgore's version of the classic Street Fighter move "Shoryuken". He uses his plasma claw to uppercut instead of his fist.

Plasma Storm- an energy spark projectile that can be shot from Fulgore's plasma claws.

Cyber-Port- Fulgore teleports behind or in front of the opponent

Eye-Laser-Fulgore emits a laser from his eyes that burns the opponent(can be done in air)

Electric spark-Fulgore emits an electric spark from his eyes that covers a very short range.

UNIQUE TACTIC-

Reflector-Fulgore surrounds himself in an energy shield that can repel projectiles(this would be limited though to balance it)

HYPERS

Laser Sight-Fulgore repeatedly blast the opponent with lasers(this is based on Killer Instinct's no mercy move.

Termination-Fulgore locks onto the opponent and obliterates them.

Ultra Combo- need I explain more?basically similar to Sub-Zero's brutality hyper.Killer Instinct was always known for super long combo strings.

this movelist is tentative and it might change to better suits CvTW gameplay. also if I hear anything about Killer Instinct 3 I'll look into it to see if there's anything new.

Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:31:50 am by Zombie Sagat
Re: Fulgore CvTW...
#2  August 14, 2012, 04:54:07 am
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
Ok now I'm beyond hyped. Love the colors. Hopefully we'll watch him in action soon.
#3  August 14, 2012, 05:34:48 am
wow finaly another cvs styled ki character and its fulgore now this is worth waiting for
#4  August 14, 2012, 05:46:21 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
one dillema is he has no dash so I may have someone make him a dash later on once most of his sprites are done. it's weird converting him from a 3D model to a sprite but not very difficult.
#5  August 14, 2012, 12:52:04 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Nice job, I can imagine it's a bit of a pain doing all those details, and keeping the 'metal texture'  in mind at all times.
I was gonna say his head is a bit too large, but I believe that's just how his body is (a bit weirdly proportioned, especially how his torso/shoulders are build). Can't wait to see some animations soon :)
#6  August 14, 2012, 01:04:42 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
yeah he's always had a weird design even for a robot. he looks top-heavy. from what I've read on him his design was based off medieval knights in armor. even if he is a weird design I think it's worth it to give him his own Capcom style incarnation. I think since he's a pretty big dude his arch enemy from the Capcom side will be Mr.X. both of them work under evil corporations and both are killing machines in a sense even though X was made for retrieving the G sample mainly. Fulgore was meant to eliminate Jago, Orchid and humans entirely at one point.
#7  August 14, 2012, 05:27:23 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
He could also not have a dash, his Cyber Dash is there and he seems to have a lot of tools. Low mobility seems a small price to pay for such a thing.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#8  August 14, 2012, 05:38:47 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
He looks very good, i wish you a good progress / success for the character

NoZ

#9  August 14, 2012, 06:02:16 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
Ohhh my fav KI character,you sir make me happy :yippi:
#10  August 14, 2012, 07:31:32 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
nice pallettes
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#11  August 14, 2012, 08:20:40 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Fulgore look's awesome so far, can't wait to see the stance animated :)
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#12  August 14, 2012, 10:48:44 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
at the same time I would say he needs one. Mr.X himself has a dash when he normally doesn't run like that. perhaps if Fulgore had a run similar to Mr.X where it's slow but somewhat faster than his walk. at this point I've started the jump animation.
#13  August 14, 2012, 10:52:20 pm
  • tired
Yeah, I suggested a lack of running because if he's going to be a tool-based character, he'll need some drawbacks. A slow run might be good, because I'm pretty sure he relied on his teleport and Cyber Dash to get around in KI.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#14  August 14, 2012, 10:53:37 pm
  • Shakespear.
Oh yeah! Favorite character from one of my all time favorite fighting games.  Can't wait to see what you do with him! 
#15  August 14, 2012, 10:58:51 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I'd like to hear Sean's input on this since he is the head of the game. I say since he's a big guy and is heavy give him a slower run like Mr.X has. and a short backdash too.
#16  August 14, 2012, 11:01:32 pm
  • tired
Yeah, slower running and a short backdash will certainly make him "feel" heavy and put emphasis on his striking power. His moblilty issues will probably be partially solved in the form of Cyber Dash and his teleport, but they'd need drawbacks, too. I seem to remember Fulgore being slow even back in KI, though that might be my mind playing tricks on me. I'll be certain to follow this and see what y'all come up with.
#17  August 14, 2012, 11:08:51 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
the teleport would probably be the slowest way to move since he seems to take a while to do it. I watched a guy in youtube use the teleport alot against Eyedol and win thanks to getting him from behind. we'll just see how it goes.

as far as the UT goes it's the only thing I can think of buuuut..I can think of ways to balance it out.for starters you might have to time it right similarly to how Kratos would parry a projectile in God of War. you gotta time it right. I'm going to see if I can clear up some of the sprites to where the electric fx could be made with better detail or like CvS2 style graphics.
#18  August 14, 2012, 11:52:23 pm
    • USA
i hope you dont mind but I edited some of the lines, some different hands and also gave him some metallic shading
#19  August 15, 2012, 01:18:11 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
good work dude. I wish I was that skilled with edits. I'm not used to working with metal textures/shading.Once I finish the .sff maybe you can tweak the sprites. I'm more used to working with skin shading. I'm going to use your 2 edits here as reference for metallic shading. from what it looks like I'm not that far off achieving the look.

Posted: August 15, 2012, 01:33:11 am

any and all progress on this character will be posted here so this is the jump start frame. incomplete but hey you get the idea.

I'm starting with the jump first and then I'll be onto the required sprites. I'm not as fast as Sean so it'll be quite a while til you see him in action.
Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:33:11 am by Zombie Sagat
#20  August 15, 2012, 01:49:40 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice man one of my favorite ki char just one question who will be is stryker if the stryker system is in the game
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-