YesNoOk

Full Screen Display (Read 15074 times)

Started by Saikoro, May 05, 2012, 08:18:46 pm
Share this topic:
Full Screen Display
#1  May 05, 2012, 08:18:46 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I used to know this, but I forget!!

How do I set up my fullscreen mode to play without the black lines on both the left and right sides of the screen, E.G. Stretch Mode??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Re: Full Screen Display
#2  May 05, 2012, 08:44:21 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Old winmugen or mugen 1.0 bro?
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#3  May 05, 2012, 08:46:13 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
1.0 of course. I've done it before, I just forgot. Before I had to restore my laptop, I was running a "stretched" display with no issue.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#4  May 05, 2012, 08:51:39 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Under mugen.cfg:

[Config]
GameWidth = 640
GameHeight = 480

[Video] Mind your render mode.
 ;Screen rendering mode.
 ;OpenGL - Experimental OpenGL renderer (recommended)
 ;System - default SDL rendering mode (e.g. windib in Windows)
 ;DirectX - DirectX 5 renderer
 ;System and DirectX modes do not support advanced features
 ;such as RGB sprites and window resizing.
RenderMode =

FullScreen = Set to 1 to start in fullscreen mode, 0 for windowed.

KeepAspect = Set to 0 to stretch the video to fit the whole window and 1 to keep a fixed aspect ratio.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 08:59:18 pm by MaxBeta
#5  May 05, 2012, 08:56:50 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Hmm... Got all of that set. I think its my laptop. It's running on a bare bones version of Windows 7 enterprise. Updates are needed, so perhaps that will do the trick. Thanks Max!!

#6  May 05, 2012, 08:59:54 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
I fixed my previous post as I had forgot some info.

Try that.
#7  May 05, 2012, 09:19:51 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+

#8  May 05, 2012, 10:05:15 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
My studyroom computer has a standard Dell LED monitor with a res of 1280x1024...This is where I have mugen 1.0 set to the good old Hires standard:

[Config]
GameWidth = 640
GameHeight = 480

[Video]
RenderMode = DirectX
FullScreen = 0 (can always toggle with Alt+Enter)
Resizable = 1
KeepAspect = 1
StageFit = 1
SystemFit = 1

In my family room I just have it set to widescreen because of the SFZ3HD Screenpack running on my 46" TV:

[Config]
GameWidth = 1280
GameHeight = 720

[Video] is the same.

I hope this helps bro.
Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:18:45 pm by MaxBeta
#9  May 06, 2012, 10:14:24 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Interesting. I didn't think that these were actual entries that affected displays. However, and it's unfortunate, none of these made any difference. I think what the issue here is my OS: I have Windows 7 Enterprise installed with a native resolution of 1366x768 on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I had Home Premium previously installed a week prior, and since the change, my system has been running funky.

To further prove this, I had these exact settings before, and the stretch issue was never a problem. Thanks Max. I appreciate your help.  :sugoi: