YesNoOk

Fullscreen Error (Read 15107 times)

Started by TheFuries, March 20, 2008, 07:40:07 am
Share this topic:
Fullscreen Error
#1  March 20, 2008, 07:40:07 am
Newb here, starting small with configuration.  Got no characters yet besides kungfuman, no stages or screenpacks, no extra sounds, nada besides Mugen.

I changed DXmode to = Software, but its not working.

Error is as follows,

Library (built in) message: Can't change video mode.

Error message: Error: Can't change video mode to 320x240x16bits

(Clickable): Ok

Thank you for your time and knowledge

Edit:  Just realized I ought to add some system spec information

Im running an old AMD athalon +2000 1.6ghz
a gig of SRAM.

My monitor is a I - I NC widescreen
I have a USB analogue (ps2 style) controller, but I haven't gotten started on trying to figure out how to set it up so I can use that with Mugen. (Not that that matters to this topic, sorry)

my vidcard is an Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT (AH191)

Edit:  Ughhh, another realization, Im on fire tonight...  I now realize there was a more proper board section for this topic..  gomen *bow*
Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:05:41 am by TheFuries
Re: Fullscreen Error
#2  March 20, 2008, 04:34:45 pm
  • Never give up
Using regular winmugen eh? There's really no need to set it to software,

Open mugen.cfg. Scroll down and try these settings,

------------------------
[Video Win]

Width  = 640
Height = 480

DoubleRes = 4

DXmode = Windowed
------------------------

Now start mugen. Then press alt + enter.
Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 10:16:41 am by r(A)n(G)iku
#3  March 20, 2008, 09:03:07 pm
Your instructions worked. thank you, Im gonna try getting more chars next.  I want to ask about the different versions of winmugen, but I'll move that question to a topic in the proper section k?  thanks
#4  March 25, 2008, 03:00:52 am
  • NEVER under estimate others capabilities...
i have also that same problem..thanx i already fixed it ..but i have a problem in my arcade mode ..when i select the arcade section it turn out to be small ...all of the my rosterslots are turn into small icons ...can anyone help me with this problem...?im already using WINMugen plus ....my screenpack is EVE..plz help...thanx
And so it was Written...
#5  March 25, 2008, 10:05:25 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
when i select the arcade section it turn out to be small ...all of the my rosterslots are turn into small icons ...can anyone help me with this problem...?im already using WINMugen plus ....my screenpack is EVE..plz help...thanx

The select screen usually comes with the screenpack. I think EVE uses veeeeery small icons on purpose in order to fit as many characters as possible onto the screen.

You can either try to adjust the EVE screenpack to your liking by editing its configuration files---or get a different screenpack that already comes with fewer but bigger icons.

I can recommend from http://muga-muchu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ the Street Fighter Zero motif, or MUGEN Jet (if your video settings use DoubleRes = 4) from http://www.mugenjet.achoo.jp/ .
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)